SBS CRM install then move Exchange.

Hi All,

Quick question hopefully.
Just wondering if anyone can clarify what I believe is possible but not 100%
sure.  CRM SBS edition installed on a SBS box, can a new Exchange box is
implemented into the same domain and keep e-mail functionality of CRM??  If
it is possible and Exchange is moved off the SBS box and onto a new server,
what needs to be done to ensure it works correctly?  Change registy settings
to point to new mail server? have looked and can't seem to locate them...

I have done the following:
-Run Rule Wizard and remove rules from mailboxes (sbs box)
-Un-installed the router (sbs box)
-Re-install the router (new exchange box)
-Run Rule Wizard and added rules to mailboxes (new exchange box)

Any ideas or info appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM security
Hi, Can we restrict access at field level on Microsoft CRM ? e.g. a sales person to only read the probability field on the opportunity form, but not be able to edit it. What will this take? I know we can do this for entire forms, but what about field level? Thanks, Nilesh Currently, there is no way of locking individual fields unless you create your own custom form and use the web services to populate the fields with data. ...

Create calndr.w / Pub. 2003. Am Prompted to install feature..I get error 2211 ->
When I try to create a Calender with Publisher 2003 it Prompts me saying: "Publisher cannot run this wizard.This feature is not currently installed.Would you like to install it now?" I click "Yes" and I receive Error: " ERROR 2211. An Internal error has occurred. "Registry" " Any Help on this would be greatly appreciated....As it is driving me nuts!!! :) Thank's in Advance.... Nate. L -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Try this Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Add/Remove Programs. In the ...

Limit Message Size In Exchange 2000
I am trying to find a way to limit external email message to a certain size, say 5mb, while allowing internal messages to be up to 10mb. Is this possible? In Exchange 5.5 I set the limit in the Internet Mail Connector, but apparently this changed in 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mark You can set this limit in properties of SMTP virtual server. Mark wrote: > I am trying to find a way to limit external email message to a certain > size, say 5mb, while allowing internal messages to be up to 10mb. Is > this possible? In Exchange 5.5 I set the limit in the Internet ...

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

Intersite Exchange Migration
Hi I've got two Windows 2003 domains that can actually see each other via a trust relationship. I've got two Exchange organisations within these two sites one running Exchange 2000 and the other Exchange 2003. We are at a stage where we must move all users from one domain to another because we are merging with other institutions into the one domain. We've got major budget constraits which mean that I can't go out there and buy any migration toy that I find. With this in mind i'm looking for the easiest possible migration scenario/plan between the two organisations.. I&#...

Double spacing in CRM Emails?
It seems when I send email via the CRM web client the emails have double spacing. Why is this? When you create mail in CRM, you normal <return>will cause double space, <Shift>-<Return> will don't have double space. :-D >-----Original Message----- >It seems when I send email via the CRM web client the emails have double >spacing. Why is this? > > >. > ...

Upgrade issue with CRM 4.0...urgent!!
I am running the upgrade of SQL reporting services from 2000 to 2005 in my CRM Server with reporting services. It is a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise edition with SP2. I tried to find information on internet but hardly any clue on how to proceed beyond this error. below is the error information displayed during the upgrade of reporting services 2005 with the default instance. The Reporting Services "ReportServer" virtual directory is configured to use non-default application mappings. Can anybody help as its quite urgent? Affy - you should try posting to the SQL Server NG...

Exchange 2003 OWA #3
I am having a problem receiving certin attachments using Outlook web access 2003 ( owa ) I Can receive .zip , .pdf , and even .rar files with no problems... how ever when i receive an Microsoft Access file ( .mdb ) it says " Access to the following potentially unsafe attachments has been blocked: Filename.mdb" This is also happening when I try to receive a .xml file. I have been searching all over for info on this and can't find any... any help here would be greatly appreciated... Our server setup just incase you need it is... Win 2k server running exchange ...

CRM focus on search
Hi I have had the question more times Why isn't the cursor focusing on the search bar when clicking on accounts or contacts view, first they have to click there before they can find the right account ? Is it possible to set focus here ? Hi, I dont think there is any shortcut key and there is no supported way to cusotmize it. Following are some other shortcut keys; http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/services/keyboardshortcuts.mspx -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mv...

Converting .ost from ANSI to UNICODE during mailbox moves
One of the majore benefits of E2k3 sp2 that we are looking forward to as a result of our migration are the improvements in OAB downloads for cached mode users. The reading I've done says you must be running in Unicode mode in order to take advantage of these new features. Currently, all our mailboxes are on 5.5 servers, thus their cached mode .ost/.oab files are ANSI. When a mailbox is moved, they remain ANSI. MS KB article and ORK suggest that the solution is to use the Outlook Group Policy setting Exchange Unicode Mode - Ignore OST setting. I've been experimenting with th...

OWA setup on SBS 2003
Hi, I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user. Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings? I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they are permitted to use OWA. Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that failed too. Hope you can help. Neil Hi, Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc). What happens when you try to access OWA? Leif "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Remove Exchange Server from Exchange Organization
Are there any "special" steps I need to take to remove an exchange server from an exchange organization One of our sites is moving to another site and we no longer need the exchange server in the organization, i.e. administative groups, routing groups. Once the server is decomissioned, do I need to do anything within System Manager to remove this particular server Thank you Lyda Lyda wrote: > Are there any "special" steps I need to take to remove an exchange server from an exchange organization? > > One of our sites is moving to another site and we no longer ...

Simpler txfer/sync contacts between bus contact manager and CRM
I cannot believe that the synchronisation of account and contact data between outlook business contact manager and CRM3.0 is SO BAD! The mapping process is a joke which will almost destroy the useability if every time i want to take contact data from business contact manager to CRM3.0 i have to produce a csv file turn it into an excell file and then remove columns then turn back into a csv file and then import into CRM3.0. Surely if CRM is installed then all contact data should be from on source only ...end of story? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Project Accounting install v7 screws up existing companies!
It appears as though installing the Project Accounting tables in a new company screws up the "PA Users Master" (PA01501) and the "PA Users Class Master" (PA40401) by dropping and recreating them. Where in h*ll does it say it does this? How are you supposed to install PA to a new company without screwing up existing companies? The Project Accounting manual says that the PA Initialize Company utility resets settings for users in the PA User classes. I don't remember where I read about classes, but I read somewhere that you should not use the default PA user cla...

Tool available to install Exchange SP2 on SBS 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6&displayLang=en Works great. Note you need to download and extract Exchange SP2 before running the tool. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: Systems Administration http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/ I hope I'm not the only one who read your post? I'll just post now even though I read this the day you posted. Thanks for the much needed info, Kerry Russ :) -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certifi...

MS CRM Out look Clinet
I have istalled MS CRM Outlook client on windows 2000, I am using office 2003. All installation went thru fine. But when I launch my e-mail client, there is a error message "There is a prolem in communication Microsoft CRM Server. The Server might be unavailable. Try again later. Contact your system administrator." I dont see the CRM button from outlook view. Please let me know, how can I resolve this. Thanks Patric You did actually install the server software on a separate server didn't you?.. "pat" wrote: > I have istalled MS CRM Outlook client on window...

Drawings move during printing
I have created a drawing from several objects (arcs, ovals, triangles, etc.). When I try to print, some objects move (especially annoying is BlocArc). How should I solve this problem? The way I do it now is to copy it as an Enhanced metafile picture into Word and print from there, but the quality is not the best (printing lots of objects on a A0 paper). It refers to objects from the control toolbox, but the information in the following post by Dave Peterson may help: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=4252EFEF.C8CBA674%40netscapeXSPAM.com 00xPhoenix wrote: > I have crea...

OL 2002 delivers Exchange msgs to OL Today inbox
My goal is to use my work e-mail (Exchange) from home, simultaneously with my regular ISP pop3 e-mail. The problem I have is that if I configure delivery to my Exchange Inbox, then I end up with all my personal e-mail in my work inbox. If I configure deliverey to my Outlook Today Personal Folders (created using "New Outlook Data File" in the "E-mail Accounts" dialog), then my Exchange Inbox is received into my personal inbox. What I really want is these separate accounts to stay separate. To work around this, I've tried configuring my Exchange account and p...

CRM Mobile Setup Error
I seem to be getting an error near the end of the CRM Mobile 3.0 setup saying that "Unable to add users to CRM Mobile Security Group". I'm installing on the CRM 3.0 Professional server as an Administrator and i've select my account as the one to do the install under. I've run the active directory repair tool that put the Organization ID at the end of the UserGroup and SQLAccess security groups. Any help would be appreciated.. -Michael ------=_NextPart_0001_09393106 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Michael. Thanks for the post and...

Migrating AD Back to SBS
We had a domain which was working in a SBS2003 normally but since we had to change the hardware we added a second DC which is a windows 2008 and transferred all the roles to it, and let it working alone. Everything is fine now with the win2008 as a only Domain Controller We now have to reinstall back the SBS2003 and transfer everything to it from the win2008, is that possible? is there any how-to or best practices? As it seems that all i can do is start a new domain from scratch. Thanks, Chris There is an official MS document for adding SBS 2003 to a Server 2003 domain, but...

Microsoft CRM Competitor Comparisons
I've come across some other CRM products against CRM and was wondering if anyone had experience with them. The Products are E-point, Netsuite and Prosper CRM. Thanks in Advance. ...

Best way to learn MS Exchange
It seems that Exchange is almost essential for anyone looking for an IT job at the moment, unfortunately we don't use it where I work so I am looking to teach myself at home, just as I did Cisco's CCNA. Can anyone give me any guidance as to how to get started? From the research I have done so far it seems that to get the full production software to work you need 64 bit architecture, but it will run on a 32 bit machine in a training mode. Is the training mode enough to get a good feel of how it all works or is it worth investing in a cheap server from eBay, if so can an...

Upgrade Path
I wanted to move my CRM Server to a Web Server, off of the SBS 2003 machine. I accomplished this using CRM 3.0 Professional. Now I would like to re-import my customizations and my data. I'm just thinking out loud, but here is what I would presume the requirements to be for this: 1. Uninstall the CRM 3.0 SBE Server from the SBS 2003 machine (after backing everything up) 2. Delete the Existing CRM 3.0 / SQL 2005 Database 3. Install CRM 3.0 Pro on Web Server (Windows 2003 R2 Member Server) with the Same Organization Name 4. Import the Customizations 5. Restore the Datab...

Exchange 2003 OWA corrupt?
We have recently installed a new Exchange 2003 server onto Windows 2003 server. OWA worked out of the box during are initial testing but since the day we added about 40 users using Outlook the web site has never worked again. All that is returned is a page of missing links and icons. Has anyone else seen this strange behaviour? To my knowledge nothing has been altered on the Exchange machines since our testing & reboots have no effect. ...