Saving CRM Appointment REALLY SLOW

When we try to create appointments using the Outlook form and then use the
"Track in CRM" button and select a "regarding account" . . . it take a LONG
time to save and close that window.  And it's not a hardware problem as this
is a newer machine.  Is there a better way to do this or a way to increase
performance?

--
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"

0
Brandon
5/26/2006 9:41:24 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We observed this occasionally too, but not all the time.  I understand that
it does involve synching with Outlook Calender at the same time, but agreed
that the performance could be improved.

The option is either to Synch the CRM Appointment or not, not much other
options that I come across in this area so far.

In general, we observe it only takes a second or two to synch the
appointment.  There could be cases where there are time conflicts/user
appointment overlaps that cause it to take longer time...

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Brandon" wrote:

> When we try to create appointments using the Outlook form and then use the
> "Track in CRM" button and select a "regarding account" . . . it take a LONG
> time to save and close that window.  And it's not a hardware problem as this
> is a newer machine.  Is there a better way to do this or a way to increase
> performance?
>
> --
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Managing Views in CRM 3.0
I'm looking for a tool with wich i can manage views in CRM 3.0. Now it's a lot of work to create and maintain a consistent set of custom views. For example: the skill levels of our users have to be visible in the Service Calendar. Therefor i created custom fields with 5 levels (none...expert) and in these views users are filtered (filter: show only skill level moderate...expert). Now, when products come and go, i have to create more views. If somebody wants to see an extra column/field, i have to change 24 views now... So: who has some good advice? Thanks, Hans ...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Canadian CRM Discussion List
Hi all: If anyone working with CRM is located in Canada, please let me know as I would like to get some discussion groups going. Thanks. John. John Feel free to ask any crm questions here as we have an international audience "John Straumann" <jstraumann@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:eMioB96qDHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all: > > If anyone working with CRM is located in Canada, please let me know as I > would like to get some discussion groups going. > > Thanks. > > John. > > ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Please Help URGENT
This user cannot dismiss/Deleted recurring appointments and cannot also create any recurring appointments either. There are tons of duplicats of recurring appointments which were never created by him. He is running OL2000 and Exchange 2003 Server SBS. He is alone having this issue. I tried the Mdbvu32.exe but no luck. This is the error message logged in Event Viewer: Event Source: EXCDO Event ID:8199 Please advise. MC. Hi, maybe this one? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310440 you may backup the sysemstate of the box before making any changes. cheers, Andy ...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Probl�me to start reporting with CRM 3.0
Hello We have the CRM 3.0. In fact I made a report with visual studio 2005 with SQL Server 2005. The report has a hidden parameter. When I The visualized with visual studio, it works well. But when I includes the Level of CRM and try to start my error: "Reporting Services Error" "For more information about this error navigate to the report on the server Local server machine, or enable remote errors " "SQL Server Reporting Services Think you for your assistance Are you using a shared data source in your report? If you run the report directly from the CRM server, it...

CRM Quick campaign error!
Can anyone help me with this. I'm trying to create Quick campaign but the Error details in Quick Campaign Informations are: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x8007000d. Thanks, Velin ...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

Custom CRM report using Crystal Reports
I am trying to create a custom report for CRM using Crystal Reports. From SQL Server Query Analyzer I can get the information I need with the following query: SELECT s.value, s.attributevalue, accountcategorycode FROM account a JOIN stringmap s ON s.attributevalue=a.accountcategorycode and s.attributename='accountcategorycode' ORDER BY s.value However, I cannot create this JOIN ("link" in Crystal Reports termonology). When I try to JOIN the tables, Crystal tells me the data types are incompatible. In SQL Server, the account.accountcategorycode and the stringmap.attribu...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Check for valid file name before saving
My form copies a file from one locatin, prompts the user to create a new name for the file, then saves the file to another location. is there an easy way to ensure the user has entered a valid file name (e.g. did not use '/' or "^" or anything like that) so the save does not fail? OR, would it be easier to some how set up error handling so that if the save fails for that reason, i can prompt the user to try again. How would i do either of these things? Thanks, You must use error handling for this kind of operation, as there are just too many things that could go wrong....