Sample questions for Microsoft CRM certification

Hi all,
Can somebody provide sample questions or some URL for CRM certification
(1. Installation & configuration AND 2. CRM Customization)
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you scan the archives of this group someone was offering a sample test
with 150 questions. I do not know the legality of it and I am not aware of
any other test simulations for Microsoft CRM.

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Can somebody provide sample questions or some URL for CRM certification
> (1. Installation & configuration AND 2. CRM Customization)

0
John
4/23/2007 10:01:28 PM
There are some great either one day Boot Camps or three day boot camps
available for training and certification. Also check out the links off of
PartnerSource for training options ..

and Off the Microsoft Partners page

--
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
President, The Norwich Group

Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
Autotask, LinkedIN,
TypePad and More!
"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:ebp%23yLfhHHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> If you scan the archives of this group someone was offering a sample test
> with 150 questions. I do not know the legality of it and I am not aware of
> any other test simulations for Microsoft CRM.
>

> ==============================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> Can somebody provide sample questions or some URL for CRM certification
>> (1. Installation & configuration AND 2. CRM Customization)

0
Anne

ACT! 4 to CRM migration
Has anyone ever done an ACT! 4 (I know it's very old!) to CRM migration? My company has a large database with 38,000 contacts. Most of the contacts are in multiple groups. From what I understand, the multiple groups will be an issue with CRM. Is this true? You can use Scribe, they have Adapter for ACT! same architecture unless it is ACT2005. Each contact can be only associated with 1 account, howerver you can create custom fields or use existing fields to capture "category or group" values for lookups... Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links...

Upgrading CRM Workgroup to Professional
Hi We recently installed MDSN CRM 4 Workstation and started loading data before realising that we should have installed the Professional version. We found it difficult to get an upgrade license key so decided to do a fresh install. Can we use a restore of the Workgroup SQL database - is it the same schema as Professional and if not, can it be patched? Thanks -- Managing Director and Systems Architect Yes just do it "John Roe" <JohnRoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0035CB14-3529-469A-8AA9-E78F376162A2@microsoft.com... > Hi > > We recently...

find question on vba
Hi All I define two find 1. Find Key 2. Find Item In find key, the cell formula is =G2&"|"&V3&"|"&J2. I check the data, the find can not able to find a key value. The key value is on target sheet. But the find return nothing. What is the problem on data case return nothing ? With GP_WK.Sheets(MES.SHT_Name).Range(MES.KEY_RANGE) Set Rng_KEY = .Find(What:=GPD_KEY_VAL, _ After:=.Cells(1), _ LookIn:=xlValue, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, _ ...

Microsoft Money 2004 installation
I just installed Money 2004 Small Business but cannot open my previously saved document. I have two saved versions - one was created in Money 2003 and says ".M11 file is not valid with Win32 application." The other file is the same document but was saved in a trial version of Money 2006 that I cannot open in 2004 either. Can anyone offer any help on opening my document in my newly installed Money 2004? In microsoft.public.money, Duda wrote: >I just installed Money 2004 Small Business but cannot open my previously >saved document. I have two saved versions - one was crea...

How does the crm defines buisness unit.
Hello. I'm intrested in limiting salesperson ability to watch only his own opportunities. And although i did set it this way in the security settings, some of the ooportunities of other people still appear when viewing "open opportunities" view. My question is, what can cause it? and how exacly the CRM determines to which buisness group any opportunity/quote/account belongs to? Any object belongs to the business unit of its owner. As to the behaviour you are getting, theopportunities that a salesperson sees that s/he doesn't own may be shared back to that user. This is e...

Visible Question
I want to make a control to become Visible if in the third Column of my list box[lstModify] shows an "e" ,when I select a row I want the control to be visible The Control now is set no Visible/No Me.cmdEmail.Visible = IIf(IsOwnerWithEmail(Nz(Me.lstModify.Column(3), 0)) _ And IsEmailOn, True, False) Case Else Me.cmdEmail.Visible = False ------------------------------------- I have already a togggle button to email or not: Private Sub cmdSendMail_Click() If cmdSendMail.value = True Then cmdSendMail.Caption = "Send Email" Else ...

Some questions re VBA in Excel
Hi, I'm relatively new to using VBA in Excel and hope that someone can help me with the following: 1. I have written some scripts that work in one workbook but open another for reading data. In order to make sure that this file is never corrupted I close the file at the end of my scripts and make sure that any changes are discarded: Workbooks(dsName).Close SaveChanges:=False Unfortunately I still get the message concerning a large amount of stuff being in the clipboard and do I want to save it, Yes/No/Cancel? I want to protect the user from this question (not least because the Canc...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912918
does anyone know why microsoft no long has this link available? I am having issues with my mobile users not being able to send. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912918 Tyson wrote: > does anyone know why microsoft no long has this link available? I am > having issues with my mobile users not being able to send. > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912918 Hard to say. What's the exact issue/config? Not sure noticed that yesterday, you can go to msexchangeteam which has bits of that article to address this. BlackBerry and GoodLink users may be unable to send messages a...

RE: Delete Team in MS CRM 1.2
Hi Julie, thanks for that info..... However I am now wondering if I've gotten the whole point of teams wrong. I thought they were containers for groups of people from different (or the same) organisational units who would work together on related tasks. If you cannot delete or disable Teams...then you would soon end up with lots of empty old teams that would confuse users... e.g. CRM Implementation Team, Old Project 1 Team, Old Project 2 Team All the best, Michael Mulvihill ...

XP Pro question
I'm considering buying a Full version Windows XP Professional in anticipating an advance to Windows 7. (Have no previous Windows products). I don't know if the version has any Service Packs. If it doesn't can I still get them, or is support for professional expired? As an aside, what version of Windows 7 do I need for a system that has never had a Microsoft product? Thanks. On Apr 5, 4:07=A0pm, Motort <u...@domain.invalid> wrote: > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I'm considering buying a Full version Windows XP Professi= onal in > anticipating an advance to Windows ...

Installing CRM 4.0 Issue
I am getting the following message in the log file after trying to install CRM: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot drop the table '#MetadataPublishCollect', because it does not exist or you do not have permission CRM looks mostly installed but it fails to load. I am installing CRM with a service account which has SA rights on the database instance. I am using an XML based silent install. This is a two server installation, application server is Windos 2003, database server is SQL Server 2005. An ideas? ...

Extending Pricing Question and U of M
Quick question(s) for a newbie... In the price sheet detail maintenance screen (extending pricing most everything net pricing), for a particular item, what does the "based on U of M" drop down box do? Does it default the SOP entry of items to that particular U of M? In other words, if I have price sheet # 1 assigned to customer "1", and I select "case", when I bring up a SOP order does it default customer 1 to "case"? What about the selection of "U of M"? does it use the price sheet default or something else? ...

OLE error editing Microsoft Draw 98 object
We have recently upgraded some of our users to new computers with Publisher 2003 installed. One of our users had serveral publisher files that contained Microsoft Draw 98 objects embedded in the publisher document. When we try to double click on these MS draw 98 object we get the following error. Error Message: Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE program server program to complete this task. I've searched Microsofts support knowledge base and the only reference to the error is with Norton Anti-virus. We currently have no Norton products installed on the computers. Is th...

*Hi- Urgent (but of course) I need a music cue sheet in excel format....(sample attached)......thanks for the help!
Anyone that can help me create a excel file such as this The end user will need to open it in excel (microsoft).... Have a look at this example.....its PDF, but you can see at the bottom, the table/cells are present allowing the end user to input the data. Looking for advice, someone needs me to make them a cue sheet ASAP! Here is the sample I am talking about: http://www.westarmusic.com/pdf/wsr-comp-cuesheet.pdf I do not use Excel enough to make this work, I am making a mess of it. thanks again! On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:08:02 -0800, "musicfirst@yahoonospam.com" <musicfirst@...

question on horizontal line on chart
Excel 2003 :) Ok, I'm able to put a horozontal line on my chart but now I'm trying to make it change... I have a chart (standard clustered column)that shows YTD values from several sources with a horizontal line showing the average of them all. (instructions for adding line from peltiertech.com - thanks Jon!) Here's my problem. These are year to date numbers so they change monthly and so does the average. In the x,y range in my worksheet for the horizontal line, I tried linking the number to the average, and it appears to work - the numbers for 0 and 1 change when the ave...

CListCtrl questions
Hi, I am developping on Pocket pc and smartphone and I have a few questions about CListCtrl in report mode. First how can I know how many items I can display without having a vertical scrollbar? On smartphone we are using keypad to move, so first time when I press down key, the curent selection doesn't move.It's only the second time I press the key that is starts to move. First I thought it was a focus problem but even with the focus, it still the same. I also tried to select the first line first with a setitemstate but same result.any idea ? Last question is once a clistctrl h...

CRM 3.0
This is just a user question. In an Account, in More Addresses I created a Bill To and a Ship To address. Then in a Contact I created and Opportunity. From this Opportunity I then created a Quote. On the quote form on the Addresses tab, I clicked the Lookup Adresses button, checked Bill To, clicked the Lookup button and all I see is the main Account Address, not the two addresses - Bill To and Ship to. Have I done something wrong? Or do I have to retype the Bill To and Ship To addresses in each new Contact as I create it? Thanks! Shauna In V3.0 additional addresses from accounts doe...

Money 2002 or later Question
I have used MONEY 2002 since it was put on the market. I have never upgraded because that version does exactly what I need it to do and it doesn't want a passport account so it can put all my personal information onto the internet or Microsoft's computers. However, tonight something strange happened and because Microsoft documentation is difficult to find at best, I can not find out what I need to know. (Or maybe I should say 'would like to know.') I created a new account and started to enter a few past transactions that occurred over several months. At the end of ea...

A question about PCM wave file.
Hi all. I have a 8bits PCM wave file and I want to convert it to 16Bits PCM wave file. I use the following formula 16Bits_sample = (8Bits_sample - 128)<<8. Affter converting there is some noise in 16Bits PCM wave file. Is my formula is correct? and Does anybody have another method to reduce the noise? Please help me. Thanks and best regard. You shouldn't need to do the subtraction. char samp8; short samp16; .... samp16 = (short)samp8 << 8; .... "Binh Nguyen Van" wrote: > Hi all. > > I have a 8bits PCM wave file and I want to convert it to 16Bits P...

xml newbie question
We've have just reached a point where our program needs some type of Industry standard file format & XML seems the obvious choice Before I go rushing off and use the wrong system can anyone give a little advice Our files may be quite large but we will only use them for the - File-Open and File-Save options I am currently working in MFC but would like the opportunity to more to .NET later on I generally want to store human readable files but also some binary (bitmaps etc) We use the MFC serialisation which makes for easy programming but a hard life - is there an XML serialisatio...

CRM Service Sheduling multiple service activities at once
We should be able to comnbine services in the service scheduling. For exemple, in truck fleet maintenance environment, often you will need to schedule an Oil Change and Change Break pads, or Oil Change and change tires.. The system should allow for scheduling both activites togheter, allowing for selecing whether the activites should be scheduled simultanneouslty or one after the other. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the mess...

Questions from a Quicken user
I have a couple of questions regarding Money -- specifically, Money 2004. I'm a Quicken user, and have been since dirt was invented. However, I've tired of the unfixed bugs and Intuit's policies, and am seriously considering a switch to Money. I understand that Money 2004 will handle my Quicken 2003 data conversion. There are a couple of "features", however, that I use as well, and am wondering if Microsoft has any comparable vehicles. 1. Does MS have a webentry tool (similar to Quicken's Webentry feature?) 2. Does MS have an online viewing tool (similar to Qu...

SQL query question 06-04-07
Hi all, I have a SQL query question... I have a table with road segments that have a low and high address (see sample QUERY below) I am wanting to produce a report of the roads that meet the following... 1. [FROM_ADD] > 0 AND ( 2. the [FROM_ADD] > [TO_ADD] OR 3. if there is more than one segment with the same name... the [FROM_ADD] < the previous road segment with the same name's [TO_ADD] ) So if I ran it on the query below, I would end up with... AARONDALE ROAD Because third segment's [FROM_ADD] ...

Problem with KB during CRM 4 install
I'm trying to install offline CRM 4 client on an XP client. I can only get so far with the install. It asks to install Visual C++, which I do. It then says that I need to install KB928365, but when I try to install it doesn't complete. I then try the install again, and the exact same thing. It says I need to install C++, which I do, but then the KB issue occurs, but the same thing. Anyone run into this? Thanks Mike ...

Question of newbie: why an Avs occurs?
Hi, Can I replace a class simply with its subclass? I have done some test like this: First I define a subclass of CEdit. class CWzdEdit:public CEdit{ BOOL PreTranslateMessage(MSG *pMsg); }; BOOL CWzdEdit::PreTranslateMessage(MSG *pMsg) { return CEdit::PreTranslageMessage(pMsg); } Then I place two edit control on the dialog with the resource editor and generate the DoDataExchange. Then I replace the "CEdit" with "CWzdEdit". class CWzdDialog : public CDialog{ public: CWzdEdit m_ctrlWzd1; CWzdEdit m_ctrlWzd2; virtual void DoDataExchange(C...