Sales people accounts

Hi
How can I define accounts under account managers ? In our organization,
sales people are responsible from their own accounts (customers).  Can I
define that X account is Jane's account ?
Best Rgds.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

each account in the CRM has an 'owner' who actually owns the record in terms
of security.  you could easily re-label the OwnerID field and call it
'Salesperson' so that it is clear to the users.  Then if the account gets
re-assigned or if the salesperson leaves, you can simply assign the account
to another CRM user.

Dave

"Buket" <Buket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> How can I define accounts under account managers ? In our organization,
> sales people are responsible from their own accounts (customers).  Can I
> define that X account is Jane's account ?
> Best Rgds.

0
Dave

Merge accounts
I had my account number stolen, and the bank assigned a new account number and transferred all activity, so the account, online, looks identical, with all activity from both accounts shown in the new account. In Money, I changed the account number to the new account number hoping that it would check the new account number and see the activity from both accounts and handle it cleanly, like online. No such luck. Money has set up a new account with the activity post new account and has the balance forward as the amount at time of account number change. Online and Money now don't ma...

sales Configurator and sales forecast
I am trying to use the sales Configurator in Great Plains in conjunction with the sales forecast. The problem I am running in to is the items in the forecast are the items that make up the configured item, therefore, the item doesn=92t show as a line item on the Sales Order, therefore, not deducted from the sales forecast. I know it's a lot said in one sentence. Forecast item A for 5, B for 3 and C for 2 all in the month of June. Then a sales order for a configured item (Config) has a due date in June calling out A qty 1 and C qty 1. The forecast QTYs for June should be A for 4, B for ...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

Changing account numbers
Am I regulated to not using billpay through my bank anymore when an account number changes? This is not MSN Billpay BTW... My bank will not allow account numbers to be changed through MS Money 2005. I can understand that, but if I change it at my bank and in Money then the Payee IDs do not match according to Money. So I deleted my payee accounts on my banks website, but Money will not create new payees it just complains about the payee ID not existing. So now I decided to create a new loan account with a different payee name but then Money encountered an error on the last step of cr...

sales process
In the interest of saving a little time and getting it right does anybody have a sales process template already built that executes the stages of the solution selling process? If so you can you email it to me at: crm at (go away spammers) ibizinitiatives.com Or is it posted someplace on the partner site or int tech support someplace that I haven't found yet? much appreciated. Jerry ibizinitiatives. (spammers go away) com Jerry You can download a tool from Microsoft that allows you to export and import workflow processes between crm serve...

Short Sale of Options
I'm trying out Money Plus Deluxe (trial version). I can't update my investment account because it's hungup on option transactions. I download info from my investment account and I have an option short sale (sell to open). So I now have this list of transactions to enter into Money, and it hits the short option which is listed something like "CHK Sep 45 Call". It tells me that this item already exists, asks if I want to choose another from the pull-down list above, but the pull-down is grayed out. Then I notice an extra space after "CHK", so I delete one ...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

Ability to filter GL Account in Erequisition
In eReq, when a requestor is allowed to enter the GL account for a non-inventoried item, the requestor can see the entire list of GL accounts. Many clients of mine would like to limit the accounts the requestor can select from. It would be nice to have some rules setup for that. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Delete old transactions from an account
Is there a way to mass delete transactions from an account. The transactions are all marked as reconciled so it takes 2 confirmation clicks after I do a delete. I could live with that if I could select multiple to delete. Anyway to do that? You might want to read up on File | Archive but none of the regulars here practice it and most, myself included, actively advise against using it. You can turn off the confirmation on the reconciled transaction somewhere in Tools | Settings. I'm not sure if you can turn off the delete confirmation. You can get pretty fast with Del | Y | <re...

entering a sales order
I am a struggling first time GP 7.5 user, and have set up my company to a point where I thought I could try to enter a test sales order and follow it through invoicing, etc... GP's help (in Contents section, Sales Order Processing, Transaction Entry, Orders, Entering and Order) says this: To enter an order: Open the Sales Transaction Entry window. (Transactions >> Sales >> Sales Trx Entry) Select Order, and enter or select the ID of the type of order to enter. Enter a document number or accept the default entry. .... and so on.... But when I go to Transaction >>...

How can IIS access the database without having ASPNET account in the database
Hello! I have a CustomerData.aspx with two controls one SqlDataSource and one DataGrid that is listing every Customer in the Northwind traders database. I run the CustomerData from visual studio 2005 using the build in Development Server so I use the File system. This works perfect To make it work from IIS I created a virtual directory that points the the physical path where my web site is located. Now to the strange thing I just tried to run this page http://localhost/Northwind/customerdata.aspx from the brower and it worked without having added any account for ASPNET in Sql...

Excel 2003 open slow only with domain accounts
If i logon locally on my PC all works fine. If i logon in my pc with user a domain account excel (only it!, word, access and others work fine)takes 1-2 min (splash screen) before open (i set it to open no documents on startup but is the same). I try to delete temporary files and to set up a default printer...nothing. Domain is 2003 (only 1 domain,1 tree, 1 forest) client is an XP (sp1 installed) Any idea? ...

Migrating Accounts

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...

Importing a Windows Mail Account
When I first downloaded and installed the Windows Live it automaticall imported my Windows Mail along with all of the folders that I have in that. However I somehow deleted all of that, and now it does not import the folders or anything. I would like to have the entire account, folders and all, in the Windows Live Email application, but can't figure out how to get it to do it again. Any help would be greatly apreciated. I have already uninstalled and re installed twice, and for some reason that does not work. Have you tried a manual import? In Windows Live Mail: File, Import...

Can't Delete An Account
I have a bunch of problems with a credit union: 1 - I have two old accounts that are linked to the online service but are obsolete. They are hidden, but I can't delete them (no error message) and I can't disable the online services for them. What can I do to make them go away? 2 - I have a functional CU account but, back in july, some changes to Money prevented it from being able to be updated online in the future. This account has 300 transactions (mostly transfer deposits from a paycheck). I'd like to merge this account into: 3 - I have created a new CU account that is a...

Keeping Checking Accounts separate with Online Statements
I think this is an annoyance and nothing I can fix -- but I think they should fix it!! Tell me if I'm wrong. I have two checking accounts at the same bank. One is mine, the other is Hubby's. He just recently decided to change his check numbers and went down to a range I'm in. He doesn't enter his checks as timely like I do, and when the online statements are brought in, Money decides to fill in the check Payee as something that I put on my same check number (about a year ago!) and fill in the same category. It's an annoyance. Shouldn't I be able to tell t...

Repeating Sales order document!!
On GP 7.0, in SO setup screen there is a box call ALLOW REPEATING DOCUMENTS. What is this function do and how it work. I tried to search for the topic but no luck. Thanks!!! Allow Repeating Documents in Sales Quote Setup: Mark this option if you want to allow documents with this quote ID to repeat. If you mark this option, the Frequency and Times to Repeat fields in the Sales Document Detail Entry window will be enabled and you can enter repeating information as you enter repeating quotes. If you choose to use repeating quotes, you'll have to enter them in a batch so they can ...

Error when forwarding email in Sales outlook Client
Hi, I'm getting an error: "an error has occured please contact your system admin" when I tried to forward an email that has been promoted to CRM in the Sales Outlook client. And, the email is not forwarded because of that error. This error happens once we put a patch in our windows 2003 server that's compatible with Windows xp2 for workstation that runs CRM. After we pt the patch, we re-installed CRM on that server. Before this patch is put, there was no error. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Thank you for your help. Lia Budiman ...

MSN Bill Pay account after upgrade to Money 2005 (Merge accounts)
I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005, converting my 04 file that had MSN Bill Pay set up as being associated with my checking account. After the upgrade and conversion, I had an extra separate account for MSN Bill Pay in addition to my checking account. The MS support pages give instructions to merge the duplicates accounts, but on attempting this, Money said I had no duplicate accounts to merge. I have read on this forum that others have had this same or similar problems, so I thought I'd share my findings. It turns out that you have to install Money 2005 AND perform the onl...

Best Super property sale site for you......sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...
The best site for your information all about property sale http://www.superpropertysale.info thanks. ...

Updating GL Account Cards
Two questions: Does anyone know if there is a way to Mass Modify a set of accounts (identified by the last segment) to unmark the "Allow Account Entry"? If an account is marked as Inactive, will it continue to appear on Financials in FRx and other GP reports? Thanks Jav, There is no option to 'mass' unmark the Allow Account Entry, but you could do this directly in the SQL tables if you are comfortable with that. If an account is marked inactive it will continue to appear on reports in GP and FRx. Some GP reports have a filter to exclude Inactive accounts. -- Vict...

Sales For Outlook unable to syncronise with CRM server
I have installed the CRM server and loaded up the sample data for evaluation purposes. I then installed the Sales for Outlook on my PC (No errors during any installation so-far). Now when I try to create an appointment task or e-mail, I get the following error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- An error occurred while trying to synchronize the appointment information to the Microsoft CRM system. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Is there some configuration I have failed to complete, or does anyone have any ideas about this error? ...

I need to set sales rep ID for a recall to original sales rep??
At our store, we have run into some problems when people return an item in exchange for another item. When the transaction is recalled for return, the salesrepID from the original transaction appears on the returned items, which is what we want. However, the new items added to the transaction have the sales rep ID of the current POS session. In our particular circumstance we want the sales rep ID for the exchanged items to match the sales rep ID for the original transaction. We do not want to different rep IDs on the transaction. I tried to solve this with a customization, here is ...

printing account register
Is it possible to print a portion of the account register? I want to print the register between certian dates, such as the current year, but I can't find the command to do that. Can anyone help? I thought I had been able to print this way in the past. Thanks. Reports|Income and Expenses|Account Transaction Report|Customize??? (I think that's the path, anyway.) "sbrown" <scbrown4@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069101c37227$dc64cb30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to print a portion of the account > register? I want to print the register between cer...