Sales for outlook folders and buttons.

ok, so I've done this many, many times....
.. Go to Tools | Options.

2. Click on the Other tab and click on the Advanced Options button.

3. Click on the COM Add-Ins button.

4. Highlight the Microsoft CRM Add-In (Note the location of the
crmaddin.dll) and then click the remove button.

5. Click OK until back at the Outlook window.

6. Exit Outlook.

7. Launch Outlook and go back to the COM Add-Ins window (steps 1 - 3).

8. Click the Add button and navigate to the location of the
crmaddin.dll file (from Step 4).

9. Click OK to get back to the Outlook Window.

10. Exit Outlook and then go back into Outlook

Still cannot get buttons or the CRM folders to show in Outlook (2003 on
Win2k Pro SP4).

I seem to remember reading somewhere in this newsgroup about opening a port
in the registry that fixed this problem once but can't find it now.

Anyone remember that?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

And for those of you needing to know...here's the answer:

Open the registry with either REGEDIT or REGEDT32 to check whether the
following key exists:

HKLM | Software | Microsoft | MSCRM | CassiniPort

If not, create a String entry with the value "2525". To do this, follow
these steps:

1. Close all open Microsoft Outlook windows.
2. Navigate to Start | Run | REGEDIT | HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software |
Microsoft | MSCRM.
3. Right-click and choose NEW | String Value.
4. Enter CassiniPort as the name for this new value.
5. Double-click on CassiniPort and enter the value 2525.
6. Open Microsoft Outlook.

"Jeff Metcalf" wrote:

> ok, so I've done this many, many times....
> . Go to Tools | Options.
>
> 2. Click on the Other tab and click on the Advanced Options button.
>
> 3. Click on the COM Add-Ins button.
>
> 4. Highlight the Microsoft CRM Add-In (Note the location of the
> crmaddin.dll) and then click the remove button.
>
> 5. Click OK until back at the Outlook window.
>
> 6. Exit Outlook.
>
> 7. Launch Outlook and go back to the COM Add-Ins window (steps 1 - 3).
>
> 8. Click the Add button and navigate to the location of the
> crmaddin.dll file (from Step 4).
>
> 9. Click OK to get back to the Outlook Window.
>
> 10. Exit Outlook and then go back into Outlook
>
> Still cannot get buttons or the CRM folders to show in Outlook (2003 on
> Win2k Pro SP4).
>
> I seem to remember reading somewhere in this newsgroup about opening a port
> in the registry that fixed this problem once but can't find it now.
>
> Anyone remember that?

sales Configurator and sales forecast
I am trying to use the sales Configurator in Great Plains in conjunction with the sales forecast. The problem I am running in to is the items in the forecast are the items that make up the configured item, therefore, the item doesn=92t show as a line item on the Sales Order, therefore, not deducted from the sales forecast. I know it's a lot said in one sentence. Forecast item A for 5, B for 3 and C for 2 all in the month of June. Then a sales order for a configured item (Config) has a due date in June calling out A qty 1 and C qty 1. The forecast QTYs for June should be A for 4, B for ...

Printing an entire folder...........
I was wondering if anyone knew how to print all the files in a folder without opening each one, one at a time. We keep a months worth of spreadsheets (about 30 files) in a folder by month and year. It would be a lot more convenient if I could just do something that would print all the files in that folder. Thanks............ Rick, You can select the files in a folder window (use the Shift or Ctrl keys, or drag a select box around them). Then right-click one and choose Print. If you're in Excel's File - Open dialog, you do the same, except you use Tools - Print. Right-cli...

I cant open links in MS outlook.
Help! I cannot access any links in MS oulook. Everytime I try to open a link, it pops up and wants me to tell it what program to run it with. ...

Outlook & Word XP: How do I print labels for Christmas cards?!
I get some incredibly frustrated with MS Word & Outlook sometimes! Especially when it comes to trying and make it print a bunch of labels for me, for addressing Christmas cards. According to the online help I can start in Outlook's Contacts and select those I want to send messages to. Fine. I've done that. Now what?! The instructions don't say, and I just can't lay my head on the keyboard and hope to learn what I'm supposed to do next. I suppose the online help could help, but I don't know what the "correct" key words would be, so I cannot enter the k...

sales process
In the interest of saving a little time and getting it right does anybody have a sales process template already built that executes the stages of the solution selling process? If so you can you email it to me at: crm at (go away spammers) ibizinitiatives.com Or is it posted someplace on the partner site or int tech support someplace that I haven't found yet? much appreciated. Jerry ibizinitiatives. (spammers go away) com Jerry You can download a tool from Microsoft that allows you to export and import workflow processes between crm serve...

Symantec WinFax Pro outlook 2003
Problem description Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by: Symantec WinFax Pro Solution Symantec WinFax Pro was created by Symantec� Corporation. Symantec� Corporation informed Microsoft that they have a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about the solution, Symantec� Corporation recommends that you visit the following website: Is this a part of outlook 2003 cause I don't remember installing it or is this the fax program with XP Pro. Don't really know what cause outlook 2003 to hang but when I reported the error this is ...

Short Sale of Options
I'm trying out Money Plus Deluxe (trial version). I can't update my investment account because it's hungup on option transactions. I download info from my investment account and I have an option short sale (sell to open). So I now have this list of transactions to enter into Money, and it hits the short option which is listed something like "CHK Sep 45 Call". It tells me that this item already exists, asks if I want to choose another from the pull-down list above, but the pull-down is grayed out. Then I notice an extra space after "CHK", so I delete one ...

outlook #111
To whom it may concern, When I go into my outlook express and into my inbox the last email sent is opened and takes the whole page. I want all my messages displayed and unopened. Help. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:148a01c3df78$af697720$a601280a@phx.gbl... > To whom it may concern, > When I go into my outlook express and into my inbox the > last email sent is opened and takes the whole page. I > want all my messages displayed and unopened. Help. Firstly, please do not post to a technical group using just the name of the software as your subj...

Shortcuts - Folders
Our firm just upgraded to 2010. I had to re-create the shortcuts. In the main shortcut folder (the first one), I am unable to save the "Sent Items" folder. When I exit and reopen Outlook, that particular folder is gone and I have to add it again. Suggestions? ...

Outlook Template Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C55D55.E934EB90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over = again. I have read the instructions found here: = http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx but I = cannot do this part... 1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type = will already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a = template. Is this something that come...

Outlook 2007 Settings
Hi All, I recently got a new laptop with Office 2007 on it. When setting up Outlook I copied all of the settings verbatim from Outlook 2003 on my old system. When I'm in the office I don't have any trouble, it works perfectly. When I'm out of the office I can't connect at all. We have a VPN, but I'm told that the new computer has been granted access on the servers (I don't have access to the servers). We're running Exchange 2003. Any ideas on what I need to change in order for my email to work all of the time? If my post is better suited to a different group plea...

removing outlook express
i dont need this and dont want it. how do i get rid of it. I am not sure about the current version, but in previous versions, Outlook used Outlook Express. When using that previous version (don't recall which) removing Outlook Express goofed up my Outlook. Mike >-----Original Message----- >i dont need this and dont want it. > >how do i get rid of it. >. > Don't remove it. Just delete the shortcut icons to it so that you don't see any evidence of its existence unless you know where to look. It only consumes about 4MB, and chances are there are lots more ...

How to Disable Undo Button After Each Click
Hi, I have added an Undo Changes button to my Access form, and I would like to somehow disable it after each click and re-enable it when a change is made to the form. Currently, I have the following code. Thanks for any help you might be able to give. Regards, Louis ============================== Private Sub Form_Current() Me!cmdUndoChanges.Enabled = False End Sub Private Sub Form_Dirty(Cancel As Integer) Me!cmdUndoChanges.Enabled = True End Sub Private Sub cmdUndoChanges_Click() On Error GoTo Err_undoChanges_Click DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdUndo Exit_undoChanges_C...

Outlook Express Error Messages
When I try to open outlook express I get two messages: 1)Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory... 2)Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly. I have WindowsMe and outlook version 6.0. Thanks. ...

how do I create a macro of text in Outlook 2003?
I need to insert a short sentence in many of my emails in the subject line. I tried looking into creating a Macro via the Outlook Help instructions, but I don't know how to write code. It seems that 2007 has quickstarts for this purpose, but can anyone tell me how to do it in Outlook 2003? the term is QuickParts http://www.timeatlas.com/Email/Outlook/Reusing_Outlook_Text_and_Images Marie wrote: > I need to insert a short sentence in many of my emails in the subject line. > I tried looking into creating a Macro via the Outlook Help instructions, but > I don...

how can I find and download a WAB DLL file for Outlook 2000
When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I may have accidently removed it. What OS are you using? Curious since OL2000 isn't Vista compatible. "JEJE" <JEJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E344280E-7FEC-4550-8255-E1069D4A8621@microsoft.com... > When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I > may > have accidently removed it. if you are using vista, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm otherwise, we need to know the version of windows. -- Diane Po...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

Outlook Page Breaks
Is there a way to get Outlook to allow page breaks within a message that has been sent to you. Sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to allow page breaks within > a message that has been sent to you. Page breaks have no meaning in an Email messages. There are no "pages" to separate. (Unless you're attaching a Word document or something similar where pages are meaningful constructs.) -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace....

outlook 2007 send mail error
Trying to send mail and getting error Sending' reported error (0x8DE00006) : 'The operation failed I'm running office 2007 with office outlook connector I've removed the account and recreated it in outlook 2007 as well as repaired the outlook connector same error . Anyone know why and how to solve >? NVM solved "me" <1@1.com> wrote in message news:AD553921-E0A0-47A4-B9FE-912F0DE9F747@microsoft.com... > Trying to send mail and getting error > Sending' reported error (0x8DE00006) : 'The operation failed > I'm running of...

entering a sales order
I am a struggling first time GP 7.5 user, and have set up my company to a point where I thought I could try to enter a test sales order and follow it through invoicing, etc... GP's help (in Contents section, Sales Order Processing, Transaction Entry, Orders, Entering and Order) says this: To enter an order: Open the Sales Transaction Entry window. (Transactions >> Sales >> Sales Trx Entry) Select Order, and enter or select the ID of the type of order to enter. Enter a document number or accept the default entry. .... and so on.... But when I go to Transaction >>...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive
Currently using SBS 2003 with win xp pro clients, also using office 2003 pro. The problem is the junk e-mail filter only works in cached mode. When Outlook is running in cached mode, it will send messages immediately but receive immediately and only if you select the send/receive button. Then if you tell it to perform the send/receive function every 1 minute, but also to send messages immmediately it only does the send/receive feature every 1 minute. If you create a new message it sits in the outbox until you wait 1 minute or hit the send/recieve button. I need outlook to run i...

outlook needs to close.
Hi, over the l;ast few days, outlook crashes on me for some reason. I get the error message :- Appname outlook.exe AppVer 11.0.8217.0 modname msvcr80.dll modver 8.0.50727.3053 offset 00007c45 any help would be appreciated thanks chris -- charlieisleofwight Have you tried running Detect and Repair? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, charlieisleofwight asked: | Hi, | over the l;ast few days, outlook...

Outlook 2003 compatibility to Windows 7
Is Outlook 2003 compatible with Windows 7? Yes it is -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "sceri123" <sceri123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61F2D33C-1EBE-49A1-98C6-2D605B6996BF@microsoft.com... > Is Outlook 2003 compatible with Windows 7? ...

Exchange 2007 and Microsoft Outlook
I'm not too sure weather this is only with Microsoft Outlook 2003 or Exchange 2007, but every time i try and send mail, it doesn't send, it just remains in Outbox. There are no errors in in Outlook indicating this. Look in the event log on the Exchange server and see if there's anything, especially about "back pressure". -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Jared" <technet147@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23HGQWxKvKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm not too ...

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...