Run workflow using javascript ?

Is it possible to start a workflow rule using onchange script ?

I want a rule to fill out zip code, country, city from a new entity when a
lookup zipcode field is changed.

It is working now as a test if status is changed, but that is status of the
account and not the field.

Jack

Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 14181 spam-mails
Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her.

0
Jack
10/2/2006 2:14:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Jack,

If you can call CRM webservices using JavaScript, you should able to
call a workflow. I have not try to use JavaScript to start a workflow
before, but I have use .Net code to start a workflow.

What you can do is to check the WFProcess class in the CRM 3.0 SDK.

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek and Company
http://www.crowechizek.com/crowe/microsoft

Jack Nielsen wrote:
> Is it possible to start a workflow rule using onchange script ?
>
> I want a rule to fill out zip code, country, city from a new entity when a
> lookup zipcode field is changed.
>
> It is working now as a test if status is changed, but that is status of t=
he
> account and not the field.
>
> Jack

-------
> Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
> Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f=E5 14181 spam-mails
> Betalende brugere f=E5r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
> Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her.

0
Darren

Do you use Pivot Table
I found Pivot Table is very handy but would you have users see Pivot Table instead of forms? Should I look for codes that will do the drag and drop? Experts, what are your suggestions? Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com hi, accessuser via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I found Pivot Table is very handy but would you have users see Pivot Table > instead of forms? Should I look for codes that will do the drag and drop? > Experts, what are your suggestions? Users which understand a pivot table, are normally fit in Execl. So exporting the raw data to Excel w...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

Error opening the Workflow Manager
Hi everybody ! I have this error when I attempt to open the Workflow manager (my installation is new and I never opened the workflow Managerbefore): "Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow service has not been started or is not configured correctly" My configuration is: - Windows 2003 SRV STD - Exchange 2003 - SQL 2005 w/ reporting services 2005. Apart from that, everything is working properly. I can login the system, generate reports, manage entities, everything. I can even open the Workflow Monitor! Am'I missing something in the configuratio...

Using Defined Names in Charts
I am using Office 2002. I am trying to create a chart that has only one Series called Data. The values for DATA is a name called SCROLL_DATA. The name has been defined using the Insert-Name-Define action. The workbook is called Quality Escapes.xls I have entered the following in the values box as I have seen many instruction as follows =Quality Escapes.xls!SCROLL_DATA What am I doing wrong. -- bobburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bobburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22006 View this thread: http:/...

USE of system.xml.xpath
Hi Friends, When we need the xpath namespace as we can traverse the xml document using xmldocument object like using selectSingleNode or selectNodes methods. In system.xml.xpath namespace we have to use XPathNavigator , XPathExpression , XPathNodeIterator class to get the same result what we get it thru selectNodes ....and that too iterator can be traversed in forward direction only. Please tell me the usage of system.xml.xpath other than performance. Enjoying XML..... Alpha --- Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component - Posted from .NET's Largest Community...

How do I use the "More Details" in a newsletter? #2
In Publisher 2003, you can create emails directly. The templates have a place for a short intro to an article with a place to click to get the rest of the article. How do I use that feature? The "More Details" is no doubt an area where you add a hyperlink to a place where folks can get more details. Send e-mail http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524821033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8198CBA9-E37C-48F3...

run time error 10-22-03

How can I get my ABC spellchecker to use UK English
I am preparing a large commercial brochure in the UK and the spellchecker refuses to change from English US, which as we know is totally different to English UK.. any ideas please. I have tried resetting it but I still get told to change my 's' to 'z'!! Thanks This based on the Help from Publisher 2000. In the Help Answer Wizard look for "spell checker". The "Tip" section of the answer is, The English (U.S.) version of Microsoft Publisher 2000 comes with proofing tools for English. To check spelling in other languages, use the Microsoft Office 2000...

Automatically run macro

Mail Merge using Access then save as PDF
In my organization, we send out letters by the thousands, ususally about 500 at a time, due to the time constraints of the current method. Currently, we process the database, which places the letter contents in a table called Archives. Then we open the Merge Template Word document, and process the mail merge to print each individual letter. Next we have to save each individual letter as a PDF file (Acrobat 8.2 Installed) for record keeping and quality assurance. What we'd like to do is find a way that this can all be done from within Access programmatically. Referen...

Leftover workflows
We upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0 a while ago. While doing some more customizing we got errors that certain fields are used in workflows. However, those workflows where deleted in the workflow manager. Unfortunately it looks like the workflows are still active (paused) in the database (visible in workflow monitor) and can not be cancelled to free up that field. Any ideas? Hi When you did your upgrade, did you migrate your database from server A to server B then do your upgrade? IS the CRM server name the same? You can check the WFProcess table to see if there's anything active or pause. Y...

Excel Continuous Running Total

Using Catalog Merge
I'm using catalog merge to create a directory from an excel spreadsheet. The phone numbers in the spreadsheet are using the special cell formatting for phone numbers. is there a way to bring this formatting into publisher? Right now the phone numbers are merging into the directory as 1234657890 instead of (123)456-7890 -- Sharon Format the field in Excel as text... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sharon" <srichardson@parkcrest.org> wrote in message news:947260D7-2280-4D5E-A946-A20969230BB8@mi...

Locate a cell, based on a criteria, then use the 'Cell' command...
I am using a pivot table to configure some data. In the first column, the pivot table of course displays only one instance of the text representing of data group. What I need to do is determine in which cell a particular item of text (i.e. the criteria) resides in. Once I can locate the cell where my 'criteria' text string resides, I can then use the CELL function to return the row number. My question is... what excel formula can I use to locate a cell in a single column range, where the cell contains the text = "XYZ" My eventual plan is to then use the following ...

Where's a similar (useful) MS Word forum / newsgroup?
This newsgroup contains a vibrant and active discussion on MS Outlook, with frequent replies from Outlook MVPs, expert users, etc. Although I've found the microsoft.public.word newsgroup, it seems to be pretty "dead," without much in the way of meaningful contributions. Is there another newsgroup that addresses MS Word issues, which has more activity? Or some other good reference source? I've tried MS's pages (support.microsoft.com) and lots of Google searches ... but cannot find help for the specific question I have (which I posted in microsoft.public.word, but won&...

best database to use for multiple attendence at meetings
I need a database which lists a group attending meeteings weekly for 2 years and the date on which they attended alsoif they were overnight or day only attendees. thank you. Access will work fine. "peggysue43" wrote: > I need a database which lists a group attending meeteings weekly for 2 years > and the date on which they attended alsoif they were overnight or day only > attendees. > thank you. Peggy Sue. You've stated your need. Are we to assume that you expect "someone" to donate that database to you? Or do you want a template...

Money 2002 will not run

What tables and database does the Knowledge Base use?
Hi, we are wanting to make Knowledge Basee articles available online for customers. From what I understand we would have to setup something manually to display SQL information on the website. So what I would need to know is what fields and databases will we be using if we do something like this? ------=_NextPart_0001_DB294826 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit "Admin Matt" <Admin.Matthew@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, we are wanting to make Knowledge Basee articles available online > for customers. From what I understand we would have to setup something ...

Using a pivot to calculate an average w/o 0's
I have been killing myself with this problem for 2 days now, and I giv up. I can't solve this myself. It seems that Excel works differentl each time I use it. This is my situation: I have a .csv file w/ 20k records. I have a pivot table report that reads the .csv as the source. In the pivot, I need calculate the average for one of the columns i the .csv The problem is that 90% of the records have a 0 as the value for tha column. I dont want to average the 0's into the average. When I take out the zeros, i get a #DIV/0 error. I have successfully been able to make this calculation...

I can access any mailbox using OWA 2003
Hi, Exchange Server 2003 By using OWA I can open anyones mailbox. if I enter http://server/user1 in IE i can see user1's mailbox if I enter http://server/user2 i see user2's mailbox. what security setting must i change so that only the logged in user can see his or her own mailbox. thanks Mandy goto Exchange System Manager, servers, server_name, protocols, http, exchange virtual server. goto properties of exchange, click on acess tab, check basic authentication and intehrated windows authentication. Now, only if someone can answer the question I posted this morning. >...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Using forms in a shared powerpoint
Hi, I have a feedback form in a Powerpoint which stores the inputted data in a text file. It works perfectly and does what I want it to. EXCEPT I want to use the same form with a group of users and whenever I try this an error occurs. When they press Submit when someone else has it open a run-time error occurs. Does anyone know if I can get around this or should just give up! This is the kind of thing I am doing: http://cws.internet.com/article/4529-.htm Thanks Maybe try using FreeFile instead od #1? Not sure that even then you can have it open on more that one PC at a ...