Roles/Security Problems

Hi

Still using good old V1.2 and having problems with setting up roles and
security for 'hiding' information between two different business units.
Reading all the documentation on roles/security it all seems so easy but it
does not seem too be working for us!

I have two business units Sales and Purchasing, each with a user role set to
only read/write/delete etc within the business unit.

Now, I create a contact using a login within the purchasing BU but a sales
user can still see it.....

Any ideas?  In urgent need to resolve this before getting the purchasing
department online.

Cheers

Andy.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

security up-date
after installing up-dates I now get a message that says A PROGRAM IS TRYING TO SEND MAIL USING ITEM.SEND and you get a prompt that asks if you want to send. Is there a way to dis-able this feature. The computers needs to send unattended e-mails. Yes, the Outlook Security Update... http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm - If you use the Exchange Server look on Sue Mosher's Slipstick site for the "Administrative Options for the Outlook E-mail Security Update:" http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm --If your computer is kept up to date with a virus ...

Security In Site Level
Purchase Order - I want to assign GP Users to Site, In this case GP user will only be able to receive items from a Site if he is assigned to Else, he should not be able to do so ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Text problems
Using a newsletter created by Publisher 2000, opening the newsletter in Publisher 2002 and saving as a web page some of the text lines are over writen by the next line and the text that fills a column in the newsletter leaves a lot of white space at the bottom of the column. Is there any way to fix this problem or do I continue to use Publisher 2000 and give up on Publisher 2002? Thanks for any help any one can give. Bill ...

Opening Excel Problem
Reply to windsurf222@hotmail.com Hi I was trying to open excel on my Pentium 2, windows 98. I have office 2000 premium, the excel version. As soon as I click on the icon, and the the opening page appears, all of a sudden the screen changes rapidfire speed and it starts going thru the sheets up to about 500 or however much it goes up to. I can stop it by cntrl, alt, dlt and them hitting end task. What is going on ? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling same thing. If I look at excel on the cd, it's fine. I turned off norton anti virus. George Try opening Excel in safe mode, then go to t...

excel 97 problems
Each time i try to save my changes i get a message stating there has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. My pc is on a local network, where I am primary. The other machine can save without a problem and those changes do appear on my machine but I am unable to save Clean out your temp files, clean out your Temp Internet Files (include offline content) "Ken" <cls@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:001801c381e4$d0ed8720$a301280a@phx.gbl... : Each time i try to save my changes i get a message stating : there has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. My : p...

problem with tabing in VC++ OCX
Hello All, I have an ocx control written in visual c++. When I am using this ocx control in Internet explorer, the tab key is not working with any of the UI controls inside the ocx. The dialog inside the ocx has the tab order set properly also. Initially when the page is loaded, the focus comes to the first edit box in ocx. On pressing the TAB key in keyboard, it goes directly to address bar in IE and will never get the focus back on the ocx. Anybody know why this behavior?, and any work around for this?. Thanks in advance, Sujith Manuel. ...

E-mail stationary problems
When i make a stationary for e-mail it often happens that font change while typing. Is it possible that lock the font and size ...

Business Portal Roles
On Bus Portal - go to Site Settings | Application Settings | Reports | Manage Reports Catalog. Select a report and click on Modify Role. On the Select Roles list, the Roles should be in alphabetical order. We have a lot of Roles and it is very time consuming to find the one we want. Thanks Ann -- ACG ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

Problem Editing Macro in Shared Excel File
Hello group: I have a question regarding a shared Excel file with a project that I am past a deadline on. Some time ago I created an Excel file and enabled sharing so that others wouldn't be able to change the macros within it. I have now run into the problem of having to change something within a macro....how do you make it so that you can do this? This file I originally created on my computer before I formatted it, so I don't know if that makes any difference as far as for identification purposes (since I had a different computer name and user name). The file was created with Win 20...

Security levels for create
What is the difference between create action on different levels of access: organizational, parent BU, BU and user? ...

Security Properties for The Org
I know that there is a way to modify the registry to see what permissions are inherited from the parent. Can someone point me to the correct article about this? Thank You. Hi Kory, I think you want to be able to see the security tab in the ESM to do this use the following steps: 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe). 2. Locate the following key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\EXAdmin 3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value: Value Name: ShowSecurityPage Data Type: REG_DWORD Radix: Binary Value: 1 4...

Little problem when exporting a report to Excel: all data is expor
Hello everyone, I have a small problem when I export a report to Excel. This report is an invitee list and when I have selected an event, it shows the correct invitees in the report. Now for some reason, when I export the report to Excel with a DoCmd.OutputTo then I do not have the possibility to filter the report with a WhereCondition like in DoCmd.OpenReport The result is that it exports the whole database, regardless of the event I should have filtered with. Would you have any idea? Thanks :) ...

Tile Windows Vertically Problem Money 2005
I have used Money for years, but when I installed Money 2005 Deluxe, I find that it doesn't tile vertically properly with another window. It ends up on top with the other window in full desktop under the Money window. Is there a fix for this problem? And/or does Money 2006 have the same problem? Glen ...

Problem with RSS feed
Hi, I am trying to incorporate Really Simple Syndicate (RSS) news into my asp (not asp.net) based website. Since RSS is basically XML, I am trying to open the xml file and parse it. On Asp.net the following code works seamlessly. I am running IIS 5.1 on Win Xp Sp1. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim objXMLNews set objXMLNews = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.DomDocument.4.0") objXMLNews.async = False objXMLNews.load("http://www.bbc.co.uk/syndication/feeds/news/ukfs_news/world /rss091.xml") Dim xml...

Printing Problems (cells printing on top of one another)
When printing cells are merged together like the they have been shifted up half a row height. This problem is restriced to one user on one system (Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000). The problem is same on a single sheet workbook or a multi sheet workbook. The printer setting keep reverting back to 11 sheet tall by 1 sheet wide. This produces an unclear image through print preview. You can manually reset the default to 1 sheet wide by 1 sheet long which corrects the print preview but not the printed output. I avoid merged cells like the plague - full of problems. I guess that you ...

DATE Problem 04-11-07
I can't seem to store a date. Here is the scenerio. Me.TxtStart = Date() Set db = CurrentDb Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault") Set fld = tdf.Fields("TestStartDate") fld.DefaultValue = Me.TxtStart Whats being set in the TestStartDate field is the time! I need the date thats in the Me.TxtStart field. Any help appreciated. Thanks DS On Apr 11, 12:46 pm, DS <booty...@optonline.net> wrote: > I can't seem to store a date. > Here is the scenerio. > > Me.TxtStart = Date() > > Set db = CurrentDb > Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault&q...

Outlook XP VB Security Issue
Hi There I have a problem between a database program and Outlook. We are using Windows XP, Office XP, everything is service packed. Specifically, when we use the email function from the database program, it prompts as follows: "A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus ......" Yes, No, Help." The problem here is that when performing an email to potentially several hunderd or even a couple of thousand people, waiting 5 seconds each time to be able to press Y is a major drama. If ...

Problem with envelope continuous feed
Word 2007/HP LaserJet 4 In Word, with tray source set to Envelope Feeder, and the printer's envelope feeder configured for COM10 (the size of envelopes we are using), the printer still goes offline when an envelope is sent to print. Any suggestions as to how to get envelopes to continuously feed, instead of having to put the printer back on line each time an envelope is sent to print, will be greatly appreciated. (If this is more appropriated posted elsewhere, please advise and I apologize.) Thank you. If you have set options from the envelope dialog not to be the default ...

PowerPoint problem with slide show
I cannot get my slide show to rotate. It stays on slide one no matter what I change.. I have music with the presentation and believe I have set everything up correctley. I have gone to the annimations tab/ advanced and set it to rotate in 15 seconds still nothing happens. (Office 2007 / Vista operating system) You need to set the music to stop playing after 999 slides. Here are instrux from Play sounds across multiple slides (A WAV runs through it) http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm •Right-click the sound's icon and pick Custom Animation from the popup menu. The Custo...

Money 2005 2 Problems
Installed 2005 in early Oct, clean installation after it failed to upgrade my 2002 files, everything worked fine until the 15th Oct when I noticed it was not up dating any of my Fund items, ALL my stocks are still being up dated. I then noticed that after connecting to my bank (Nationwide in Essential mode)it's not up dating the balance, the transactions show but the balance just does not change. Any suggestions before I go and arm wrestle the support line!!! In microsoft.public.money, KenB wrote: >Installed 2005 in early Oct, clean installation after it failed to upgrade my >...

problem in saving folder as .onepkg in ON2010(beta)
First of all as a fresh member I'd like to shout BIG Hello to everyone in this busy forum! Now to my first question. After installation of onenote 2010beta I decided that instead of converting all my folders I will make a grand overhaul of them. Thus I moved most of my sections from old folders into a one new folder (2010 compatible). So I did as I planned without any difficulty. The cherry on my ice cake was going to be a creation of extra backup - independent of the default one (you know just in case :wink:). After choosing option 'save as' to Onenote Package (onepkg)...

SSL connection problem
Vista 64, Windows Mail. Having send and receive problems with my mailbox provider, but only when using secured connections. (Unsecured POP3/110 and SMTP/587 work fine.) On POP3/995 and SMTP/465 (both with SSL) I get the dreaded 0x800CCC0F error, and no logs at all. I was doing fine on my Vista system until the provider did some form of upgrade, so I thought it was a problem on their side. But send/receive works fine from an XP laptop using Outlook Express with the same secured settings (from the same location). I read through a lot of the posts here and tried several things ...

problems with quick click in Outlook 2007
After I set a quick click category in Outlook 2007, it keeps dropping off and I have to reset it again. Any ideas about why? This should fix that: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=974994 -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en> Am Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:25:02 -0800 schrieb Cynthia: > After I set a quick click category in Outlook 2007, it keeps dropping off and > I have to reset it again. Any ideas about why? ...

Outlook Security features make life hard!
Hi, I am a reasonably skilled user of Outlook 2003 on XP Pro and use my Mailmerge options to create Email and Word marketing messages to my clients, say 50 at a time. Since May 2005 an unknown Office Update has made the process a real nightmare. When sending out Mailmerge Emails, I now see a Security alert for each Message, telling me that a process is accessing my Address List; might me a virus and asks me to confirm access - FOR EACH SINGLE EMAIL. Now I realise I might me able to disable this Security Feature in Outlook, so does anyone have an idea how this might be done. Paul Patti &l...

Arial Black Problem
Hi, I was working with Publisher 2003. Everything worked fine. But suddenly, the Arial Black font turned Italic by no known reason. I clicked the Italic font button but nothing happened. So, I opened Word 2003. the Arial Black in Word was ok. How do I make the font back to normal (not Italic)? Would you help me to fix this font problem please? Thanks! Arial Black doesn't have a native italic file. Publisher will faux italic. Can you high-light the text change it to some other font, turn off italics and then change it back to Arial Black? Does that work? -- Mary Sauer http://msa...