Role: Business Management - Record Customization

Does anyone know what the Record Type "Record Customization" field in the
role management area refers to?  I can't find this out anywhere!

Thanks!

0
Kristina
10/23/2003 1:58:46 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Kristina,

I believe this controls whether or not you can make schema changes.

Matt

"Kristina Ledford" <noemails@noemails.com> wrote in message
Does anyone know what the Record Type "Record Customization" field in the
role management area refers to?  I can't find this out anywhere!

Thanks!

0
Matt

Customizing a master project report
I have a simple report that I want to run in a master project for all sub projects, but can't figure out how. I have a master project that currently has 7 sub-projects (and will have more in the future). All subproject tasks are exactly identical. I would like to have have a report with the subproject tasks down the left side (y-axis) and each sub-project title along the top (x-axis). Where task and sub-project title meet would simply be the percent complete the task is. Is this possible to run and how so? Thanks for all the help. -- braden ------------------------...

GP Vehicle Management Software
I was wondering if anyone experience or could recommend a Vehicle Management add-on for GP. we don't need anything la big as wennsoft or TMW. What we need is a piece of software like Fixed assets with more functionality. The ability to track maintenance, mileage, who is using/owes the car etc.... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. -- Fliehigh Have you consider using Extender? If you need additional functionality (as in complex logic) you may want to consider eXtender Enterprise from eOne Business Solutions. http://www.eonesolutions.com.au/Content.aspx?page=eXten...

Exchange Systems Manager on my XP Desktop
How do I run Exchange Systems Manager on my XP desktop? We are a SBS 2003 Premium and Exchange 2003 network. I normally just remote into the SBS server and do my work there. I know in the old NT days I used to run ESM from my NT4 workstation. It's been a while and my memory has done a dump when it comes to how it is done again. Your input is very much appreciated. Thanks. hope it helps What to consider when you install Exchange System Management Tools on Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/?id=834121 ...

Business Portal Roles
On Bus Portal - go to Site Settings | Application Settings | Reports | Manage Reports Catalog. Select a report and click on Modify Role. On the Select Roles list, the Roles should be in alphabetical order. We have a lot of Roles and it is very time consuming to find the one we want. Thanks Ann -- ACG ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

Permission for users to view/access GP 10 Business Portal
I need to know how to grant permissions for a user group to access/view/read all content of BP installed in a MOSS 2007 I created a group called "Dynamics BP User Group I" in Sharepoint web application (http://webportal - top level) All users in this group can access http://webportal OK Then I granted this group "READ - Can view only" access to BP site http://webportal/BP They got "an unexpected error occured" in return. Where else do I have to look into to give them the proper access? Thanks Bill ...

Business Portal Employee Pay page
In Business Portal 2.5 how do I get the Pay page to display under employee Page. I want to display pay stub information. Can someone help? Thanks. Hi LF, Is "Employee Pay" listed in the Application Information web part on the Site Settings page? -- Sally Erickson Microsoft This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "LF" wrote: > In Business Portal 2.5 how do I get the Pay page to display under employee > Page. I want to display pay stub information. Can someone help? > > Thanks. No, there is only th...

Copy Business Portal Role to New Role
Would like to be able to create a new Business Portal role based upon the attributes of an existing role (clone). Lisa, Thanks for using the newsgroup and for your suggestion. The functionality you want is being implemented for version 3.0 of Business Portal. Thank you, Rob Bernhardt[MSFT] Software Test Engineer Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lisa Williams" wrote: > Would like to be able to create a new Business Portal role based upon the > attributes of an existing role (clone). ...

Business Cards in Word
I am trying to design and print my own business cards using Word in Office X, does somebody have a template or suggestion? Hi Martin, I'm using Word 2001 at the moment, but I am pretty sure this is the same in Word X. From the Tools menu choose Labels. Choose the Avery 5160 standard mailing label then click OK. This label works well with perforated business card paper stock you can buy from office supply stores and other places. You can design one label the way you like then use the Table menu commands to select the cell and copy it to the other cells in on the page. I find it easier ...

Payment terms for small Business
Is it possible to alter the payment terms to 1/3 due upon scheduling, 1/3 at start of job, 1/3 upon completion? ...

CRM Deployment Manager error
I'm receiving the following error when trying to access the User Manager node within the CRM Deployment Manager. Logon failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. (80040e4d) Any idea why I'm getting this error? I had a the same problem and this is what i did: "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'". In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, click on Security, then Logins. Select New Login and click on [...] the ellipsis. Find and select IIS_WPG and click Add and OK. Click on the Database Access tab and select METABASE and MSCRM and for each of...

Unified messageing role
Is PBX OR IP/PBX support is provided with Microsoft Exchange server 2007 beta version or they are going to support in the final release only? ...

customization guide #5
hey everyone, does anyone has customization guide that they can send me for RMS. i will really appereciate it. my email add is shoaibij@hotmail.com thank you Customization guide was just emailed to you. "Shoby" wrote: > hey everyone, > does anyone has customization guide that they can send me for RMS. > i will really appereciate it. > my email add is shoaibij@hotmail.com > > thank you FYI, this guide is supposed to be for resellers only. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems Thanks Jason for bringing that to my attention "Jason Hunt...

Mailbox management policy
To manage mailboxes in the past I setup two storage groups and applied the policy I wanted to only one of the storage groups. Now I am build a standard edition 2003 exchange server so I only have one storage group and store. I tried setting up a policy that applied to any exchange server/store but looked for users with the word 'Limits' listed as extened exchange attribute number 1. I setup one user with this setting and was able to use the find now button in the policy creation and it located my test user. But when I ran mail box management to generate a report it stated th...

Can't open attachments on custom form using Word as editor
Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I have a custom form published to a public folder and all is well, except for those users that have Outlook set to use Word as the e-mail editor.. They can see and use the form fine except for one thing...they can't open attachements. The attachment icon is there, but if they right-click on the icon, the only menu choice is copy. Double-click does nothing as well. If they switch the Outlook mail format to NOT use Word, attachments work fine again. Does anyone know the fix for this? Thanks in advance!!! Tyler ...

Importing Customer Balances
Hello, When using a tool like eConnect or IM to create customers in GP, is there a way to import a balance? In consolidating from other systems, customers have balances, but do not need the history of the transactions that make up that balance. Thanks, Greg Greg, The way I have done this is to import one transaction per customer (either an invoice or credit memo) with the balance. Name them all something like BALANCE or IMPORTBALANCE so that it's clear what this is. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.ht...

Code Access Security(CAS) and Role Based Security(RBS)
Hi! Which of these Code Access Security(CAS) and Role Based Security(RBS) are checked first ? I think it's the CAS and then the RBS ? Does anyone know if this is correct of me. //Tony ...

Business Portal Security
I have a client that wants to prompt users to log onto Business Portal due to shared workstations that have a generic user logon. The shared workstations have other apps that are constantly running so it would be a hardship to require users to log off and log on of/to Windows all day. Additionally, they have other web apps that work just fine with Basic authentication and the prompted login. Business Portal, however, is only working with Integrated Security. Does anybody have any ideas? -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, try the following: during the Business Portal installation, In...

Users and Their Roles
Hello, I am configuring Microsoft CRM for the first time in a small organization. I have run into a situation where users have many functions and may not fall under the roles specified in the list of roles to assign the new user. My question is where can I find a detailed description as to what these roles are. I have been unable to find any such documentation. Thank You, Dale Renaud Systems Administrator Dale, There is some info on the "canned" roles in the Implementation Guide. That said, MS also recommends that you do NOT modify these roles. The recommendat...

Admin role deleted from logged in user.
Bit of a problem here... would appreciate some advise. Logged in user removed 'admin' role from their MSCRM user profile... now we can't get back in to mange roles. Has anyone resolved this before? Help appreciated? thanx resolved. "joem@cogentec.com" <joem@cogentec.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A433FEC4-3922-4E2F-9FD5-3C7A483452B5@microsoft.com... > Bit of a problem here... would appreciate some advise. > > Logged in user removed 'admin' role from their MSCRM user profile... now we > can't get back in to mange ro...

Money Plus Home and Business 2008 #2
I just purchased the hard copy of Money Plus HOmea nd Business 2008. Will this version run on Vista? ...

The RPC Server is too busy to complete this operation.
Hello Guys: I have a workstation with Windows XP SP1, The user is using Exchange Administrator 5.5 to modify a user account. When the user try to change the NT Account in the Exchange Properties it get the Message "The RPC Server is too busy to complete this operation". And don't let the user make the change. Any Idea who could I fix this issue???? EL LOCON ...

Security Role Enquiry
Hi, I understand CRM has a Security Role setup. And udner a tab call Core Records, we have Share column. What does this share column means? Does it mean that for instance Sales Person A owns 5 acct and Sales person B owns 3 acct and if share is not configures on Accounts object, it means Sales person B cant see Sales Person A's 5 account? Kindly assist pls. Thank you and regards -- Johnson Share rights give a user the ability to share "their" access to a record to another user. So, if a user has only Read access to a Contact, they can "share" their Read access...

Business Portal Site URL
The default url for the business portal site is http://servername/sites/businessportal. I would really like this to be the default site, without having to explain to people that they must enter /sites/businessportal. Is there a way I can do this without creating a new site on a different port and redirecting it? I can create a new DNS entry if there is some way of doing it with host headers. Thanks, Craig ...

Security Roles
Hello - The security roles that come with v. 10 are not operating as they should. For example, we selected the "purchasing manager" role and assigned users to it. I looked at the tasks assigned to the roles and expanded them to include additional tasks that pertain to the role. When the user goes into PO transaction entry, they cannot look up an item, cannot look up shipping methods or payment terms, etc, etc. All activities that should have been covered in the tasks assigned to the role. I then went to the task level and added additional operations to some of the tasks a...

Business Reimburse should NOT be in gross wages
Business Reimbursements are not wages and as such should not be included in gross wages anywhere in Great Plains. Unfortunately, they are and we have many clients that complain / are unhappy with this..... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mi...