Restricting access to note attachments

Hi all, is there a way to restrict access to attachments on notes to
specified users.  I know we can, using the Security Roles, define who can and
can't read/ write the notes fields but we would like our users to be able to
view the note, but not open the attachment(s) unless they are the owner of
that note (or at least in the business unit, etc.).

I know this could be done for Word/ Excel files in Office (Password
protection) but are looking for something more encompassing for all
attachments inside CRM.

Thanks,
--
Matt Pring
0

On Oct 21, 3:54=A0pm, Matt Pring <MattPr...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi all, is there a way to restrict access to attachments on notes to
> specified users. =A0I know we can, using the Security Roles, define who c=
an and
> can't read/ write the notes fields but we would like our users to be able=
> view the note, but not open the attachment(s) unless they are the owner o=
> that note (or at least in the business unit, etc.).
>
> I know this could be done for Word/ Excel files in Office (Password
> protection) but are looking for something more encompassing for all
> attachments inside CRM.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Matt Pring

Matt,
Attachments don't have a separate security principle, so you can't do
it natively within CRM.  Your best bet may be to integrate CRM to a
SharePoint site; I believe you can exert more granular control in SP.
HTH.
Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Cell: 503-351-4207
Email: davidlcarr@earthlink.net
http://www.vscrm.com

0
davidlcarr (94)

Access Subtotal in Query
I have a simple query that uses 3 fields. Location, Person and Value. When I group by location and person and sum value, I get all the results I need but I would love to see subtotals for each location. I'm using Access 2003. How do I add in the subtotals. Something like Maryland, Person 1, 5 Maryland, Person 2, 10 Maryland Subtotal, 15, - this is the line I'm trying to get New York, Person 1, 20 Do this in a report. In report design view, open the Sorting And Grouping box (View menu.) Choose the Location field, and in the lower pane of the dialog, set Group Footer to Yes. You ...

Accessing Portfolio
Using Money v.14 (2004 I think) Up until a few days ago I accessed my investment portfolio by clicking on 'Investing' then 'view my portfolio'. Now 'Investing' brings up a page of msn marketing bumf, and I can't find any route on it to my portfolio details! I just want to access my accounts. How can I bypass this marketing junk? Jonathan Gibbs ...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Access- How to log which user has modified access db?
Hi All, We have one MS Access database, which is being shared/accessed by number of users at the same moment. Few of them are admin users too who can perform update/delete/insert operations too. Now we have a requirement to log which users has perform which update operations. Is there some way, can you please advise. Thank you so much in advance, Best regards, Sunil Somani If you have User Level security enabled, you can add a column to each table and call the CurrentUser() function and add that user in the before update event of the form. Without that, you can use t...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Print Note from Contact when printing address book
I have not been able to set the formatting so that all of the NOTES area of a CONTACT prints out for address book purposes. It simply cuts off at an arbitrary point. With some contacts it is desirable to print a large quantity of extra contact info in the printed address book, and the NOTES area is the only default area to include this info. Any help would be appreciated. Sean The solution is to perform a mail merge to Word starting with the Tools = | Mail Merge command in your contacts folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://...

Outbox won't send email with attachment or let me delete it
Have a large email attachment that is stuck in my outbox in Outlook 2007. I cannot delete it either. Restarted the computer, that doesn't help. All other emails are now very slow to send. Any suggestions? File > Work Offline and then try to delete it. Or you can open the email in your Outbox, close it, and then try to delete it. "Peacockgirl" <Peacockgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C208D01F-A8BE-4F8F-A8F6-0670585A0FBE@microsoft.com... > Have a large email attachment that is stuck in my outbox in Outlook 2007. I > cannot delete ...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

unauthorised to access page message
I just thought I would share this interesting issue with the group, I have been rolling out CRM without to many issues but then I had one laptop which refused to allow the user access to the CRM server. The error message was reported as "unauthorised to access page" error. after a lot of checking the configuration and playing with security levels etc I found by chance that the laptop had not completed a recent Windows update correctly. This was resolved by booting into safe mode, connecting to the windows update site running an outdate ( this failed as expected ) and then reb...

Access 2007 freezes with everything
Hi, We've currently upgraded our Office 2002 to Office 2007. I know that with new programs comes "bugs" and "issues" to be worked out. However, we seem to be encountering a big problem with Access 2007. When opening an existing database (created in Access 2002), Access 2007 will allow the program to open, but if you try to do anything with that database....bam! it freezes. When I say anything, I mean just that. --If it's an existing database (any), as soon as you click in a record...Access freezes. --If it's an existing database (any), and you want ...

Is this possible in Access?
I have searched and searched for the 'perfect bingo program'. I have a few, but they don't do exactly what I want.I would like to create custom pages for printing, with one or two cards on each page. B4 landscape for single cards, B4 Portrait for doubles. A total of 50 pages for singles, 25 for doubles.On each page, I want to place a 5x5 grid with the numbers 1-25 placed at random. This I will do manually, I don't need access to generate random patterns for each page.Then, I would like to load a series of pictures, saved with the file names 1.jpg-25.jpeg.On each page, based on ...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

Converting access report to pdf format
hi I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for my clients. Once each report is done, I run a program called pdfWriter to convert each report to a pdf file. (When this program is installed, I select the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.) Then I e-mail these pdf reports to the clients. What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access. Can this be done? If so, could someone point me in the right direction. Any clues would be grea...

WHAT ARE NOTES
WHEN CREATING A POWER POINT PRESENTATION HOW DO I USE THE NOTES SECTION, OR WHY WOULD I USE IT? DOES IT SHOW ON THE SLIDE SHOW? Please don't type in all caps; it implies shouting, and I'm sure you don't intend to shout at those who can help you. Regarding notes, just type into the notes pane. Your speaker notes will show up along with a slide thumbnail when you choose File | Print and choose Notes Page in the "print what" section. They will also show up if you use Slide Show | Set up Show | Use Presenter View. You will need a 2nd monitor for this. Your ...

Preparing for Access 2010
I'm preparing my application's installation packaging and documentation for ultimate release of Access 2010. Checking with MS, I see that two versions are available (and quite a bit different in size). One is Access 2010 32-bit. The other is Access 2010 64-bit. There's also a download link for each ... I guess this dnwloads the beta version. Here's my question... The MS specs don't specifically state this, but will the 32-bit version of Access 2010 Runtime work on 64-bit Windows 7 ? It'll obviously install into the 32-bit "Program Files"...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

Exchange Outlook Web Access Quirk
Am in the process of testing Exchange 2003 on our network, and so far all has gone well except for one quirk in Outlook Web Access, which I access through a VPN connection. All goes well until I try and delete an email while in Outlook Web Access, and then the email deletion hangs. The deletion finally occurs but only after an inordinate amount of time. For some reason, this only happens in IE, not in Firefox or other browsers; they work like a champ. Thought it might be a security issue, so loosened the security settings in IE, but still hangs when I delete an email. Go figure. -- E...

restrict to export records to Excel and restrict to print
Hi, It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our implementation policies. Is there a possible workaround for this restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in advance. In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this. v3.0 should enable this via security roles. In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a server-based call to determine the security. Matt Parks...

Outlook Web Access and OutlookXP
Is it possible to configure Outlook XP to send and receive mail from an Outlook Web Access account? The Outlook Web Access account has a url as follows: http://webmail.XXXX.XX. After I login through the web page, the url changes to https://webmail.XXXX.XX/exchange. Ideally I'd like to automatically download and send mail through Outlook XP rather than have to go to this website to get mail from this one account. Thanks in advance. locally? If you are a memeber of the domain just go through outlook setup. But remotely you can remote desktop to a computer set up on your domain...

MS Access for Mac?
Bought my 1st Mac this week & purchased Office 2004 Pro for it. I was surprised to find that it doesn't include Access. When I asked the vendor to check, he told me that he doesn't think Access is available for Macs. Can this be true? Is there any viable alternative? TIA, Phil Sharpe "Phil Sharpe" <a@b.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23DrsFs8IFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Bought my 1st Mac this week & purchased Office 2004 Pro for it. > > I was surprised to find that it doesn't include Access. > > When I asked the vendor...

Access 2003
I want to use a lookup table to fill a number of boxes on a form. I have created a combo box from where I pick the initial info, and once picked the other text should be filled in. How do I go about this? Hi If they are bound controls (text boxes) use the AfterUpdate event of the combo Private Sub ComboName_AfterUpdate() Me.ControlName1 = Me.ComboName.Column(1) Me.ControlName2 = Me.ComboName.Column(2) Me.ControlName3 = Me.ComboName.Column(3) 'ect' End Sub If they are not bound to a table field you could just use = ComboName.Column(3) as the control source for the text boxes Hope ...

how to automatically show image attachment in e-mail
Hi, I wonder if there is any way to make outlook (2003) to automatically show image attachments without having to double click to open one at a time. Regards, Nattapon Only if the sender imbeds the image in RTF or HTML mail. As the recipient, you cannot force this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Nattapon Chatprechakul <nchatprechakul@a4news.com> asked: | Hi, | I wonder if...

Subforms are slow on an Access Project
I converted a 2003 Access .mdb database to an Access .adp project and one of the forms took a huge performance hit. The form was bound to a table with 3000 + records and contained 6 sub-forms placed on pages in a tabl control. One of the tab pages displays data from the main table and the others display data from the child tables. When the user changes a field on the main table and moves to another field there is a 3 to 4 second delay while the status bar below displays a "Calculating" message. Presumably the Acces project is updating the data on the other sub-forms even thou...

Accessing CDocument from Generic Class
In my Document class I have a variable for the Recordset. How do I access the document object to get the recordset object from a generic class. Ex. CSupplierDoc CSupplierRS m_pSupplierRS; CSupplier From CSupplier I want to get a hold of m_pSupplierRS. William Gower wrote: > In my Document class I have a variable for the Recordset. How do I access > the document object to get the recordset object from a generic class. > > Ex. CSupplierDoc CSupplierRS m_pSupplierRS; > > CSupplier > > From CSupplier I want to ...