restrict to export records to Excel and restrict to print

Hi,

It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft
CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our
implementation  policies. Is there a possible workaround for this
restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in
advance.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this.  v3.0 should enable this via security
roles.

In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the
link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a
server-based call to determine the security.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:18:01 -0700, Psyche <Psyche@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Hi,

It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft
CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our
implementation  policies. Is there a possible workaround for this
restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in
advance.

0
Matt
8/29/2005 7:40:27 PM
Thank you very much Matt. Appreciate your help!

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this.  v3.0 should enable this via security
> roles.
>
> In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the
> link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a
> server-based call to determine the security.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:18:01 -0700, Psyche <Psyche@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft
> CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our
> implementation  policies. Is there a possible workaround for this
> restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in
> advance.

Hi,

In CRM 1.2, there is only possible if we do this by coding.  I can develop
add-on for this requirement.

Just send me mail and we will talk more on that.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

Thanks,
MVP- .Net.
0
CRM

How do I access multiple records within a query?
I am trying to calculate the total quantity of components in a nested Bill Of Materials where the true quantity of any sub-level component is dependant on the quantity of the previous higher component. Level Item number Quantity 1 A123 1 2 A124 2 3 A125 2 3 A127 1 2 A126 1 2 A125 1 1 A128 1 2 A130 2 Take a look at: http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&a...

Excel
I have data in multiple colums that has been subtotalled by the sum function. I now wnt to copy and paste or export only the rows containing the subtotals to a new sheet. When I do this I get all the rows! It does work if I use the CNTRL key to mark all the individual cells and then paste values only but I find this a dreadful solution. Surely there is an easier way? One way: click the 2 in the outline box to hide the data rows Highlight the range of subtotals F5>Special>click on visible cells only Copy>Paste Special>Values HTH "Russ" wrote: > I have data in mul...

BCM
I am having trouble finding how I could export oppertunities. It was stated that I could keep my laptop and deskop in sync via export/import, but I can't get my oppertunities over. Is there an external command or program I could use if there is nothing within the program Jason, Are you speaking of using the Business Contact Manager in conjuction with Microsoft Publisher? Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >I am having trouble finding how I could export >oppertunities. It was stated that I could keep my laptop ...

Printer Prints 1/2 of line on one page and 1/2 on the next
When printing a multi-page report with Access 2000, sometimes the page will end with the upper part of a line printed on the page and the bottom part of the line printed on the next page. This is from a subform that has the property of "Keep Together". This happens in print preview, on a lazer printer, and on a deskjet printer. Any suggestions? -- JB Go to the section that is running over. Go to design view, click properties. Set forcenewpage to after section. "John B" wrote: > When printing a multi-page report with Access 2000, sometimes the page will > ...

Parsing Names in Excel
I have a list in Excel from A1:A100 with names like the ones mentioned below: Michelle Fooo (michelfoo@exchange.SASMOM.com) Myhaass Smith (mysmith@exchange.SASMOM.com) I want to parse them using string functions to the following format michelfoo@SASMOM.com mysmith@SASMOM.com Any ideas how to do this using a formula? Thanks in advance Michael Michael Are you wanting to strip all the name out too or just remove the exchange.? If the latter just use edit>replace What:=exchange. and leave the with blank -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_...

Export To Excel
GP 8.0 Enquiry/Sales/Transaction by Debtor I want to export data from that form to Excel. I put one Button on this form (Export To Excel) With Code: run report 'RM Transaction Inquiry Report' destination false, false, COMMAFILE, "Report.csv"; And when I click on this Button I get This Report but without informations in Report Header. Debtor ID, Document Number, Document Date, Ranges From To.... When I Click on the printer Icon and choose text file I Get Full Report. Does anyone know where is the problem? ...

How can I increase the character capcity of an Excel cell?
The current maximum is about 1,100. Excel can hold 32k characters of text and around 1000 in a formula. You can't change this fact of life. -- Jim "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:442F16AB-1C7A-45CD-9A6F-E2C8282A2CDC@microsoft.com... | The current maximum is about 1,100. You can increase the ability of the cell to *display* more characters (cell can *contain* approx. 32,000) by strategically inserting forced line breaks (<Alt> <Enter>) within the text. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please kee...

selecting print area via inputbox
I am trying to do something that seems quite simple, yet I can't get it to work. I am using the following code to get the print range from the user. Sometimes it works, and other times nothing happens, depending upon the range that is selected. Any ideas? Sub SelectPrintRange() Dim rRange As Range On Error Resume Next Application.DisplayAlerts = False Set rRange = Application.InputBox(Prompt:= _ "Please use your mouse to select a select a range to be printed.", _ Title:="SPECIFY RANGE", Type:=8) On Error...

Printing problem

Excel 2002 & 2007 ?
Is there much different in the Excel 2002 and 2007? I have 2002 and I was thinking about buying Student Office 2007 for $79 so do you think it would be worth it? Is there something that XL 2002 cannot do for you? Are you prepared to have to re-learn a lot of 'commands'? Could you wait 6 to 12 months for Office 14? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Richard" <miller039@cox.net> wrote in message news:yEEhl.5915$D16.4350@newsfe17.iad... > Is there much different in the Excel 2002 and 2007?...

Excel graph 3 sets of data. 2 sets as lines 1 as column?
I have data a bit like below, I am trying to do a graph, which shows the AFR as columns for A-D, but I want 'water' and 'whole' as seperate lines to show current scores across the graph. When I do the graph, I get two columns and 1 line. Does anyone know how to get to get the two lines? A B C D AFR 0.8 0.6 0.4 0.3 Water 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 Whole 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 Hi AndyN, On the chart, select the second column, right-click, select Chart Type from the context menu, select line chart. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Ed Thanks for that worked a treat, I'll remember that ...

Excel 2003
I'm simply brain dead this morning and could use a little help. I have assembled a column of pointers into a table. These pointers are simply the row number of the selected data in a table. Assuming that this column starts in A01, I would like to create a formula in B01 that simply makes B01 equal to the data located in a specified column (use column F for the example) in the row specified by A01. I remember doing this before, but it just excapes me this morning. Thanks in advance for your consideration and help, Craig =indirect("F"&a1) Craig Brandt wrote: > ...

Excel 2003 Macro ignores Arrow Keystrokes
Can't get ANY macro to work! *ignores relative references *ignores arrow keystrokes *ignores use of F2 *only offers VB for editing Macro security is low, there is no protection. Madness is near, help, please! ...

Sorting in Excel
Hi. I have in sheet1 in Excel 5 columns with data. The A column has names, the B age, the C skills, the D salary and the E a code number (as text). Every few days I add some new names at the end of A column (also the other data in B,C,D,E) and sometimes I delete a few names. I would like to find a formula to transfer all those data in sheet2, exactly the same way, but in ascending order by the name. (With few words I try to find a way to auto sort and transfer some data.) Th. I would do this by writing a macro to: 1. Clear space for a sorted copy of your table. 2. Copy the ...

Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action
I have MS Office 2004 running on a Mac Powerbook with OSX 10.4.3 on it. I have an Excel spreadsheet that has an embedded Word document in it. If I click on the box, the cell value is: EMBED("Word.Document.6", "") When I dbl-click on it, I get the spinning cursor and this message that says, "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action." with just an OK button is displayed. When I click on OK, the message goes away and then comes back after a few seconds. We have 2 other computers running MS Office on OSX 10.4.3 where this works ...

excel 2003 05-27-10
Hi I am using excel 2003 and everything was goin g fine until I tried to open a file (which was working ok) but now won t open and just comes up with the message "Time Sheet 09-10.xls:file format is not valid" any ideas on how I can either re save so it will open or any other ideads on how I access the info it contains thks -- Dennis You may want to try it on a different computer -- or even a different version of excel. Or you may want to try OpenOffice. A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open files that excel couldn't. http://w...

Create / Update DL in GAL using data in an Excel sheet
Hi, I work at an organization where we have 2 data sources. Unfortunately, the AD source is not authoritative and actual data comes from our HR system. We create the DL's in GAL in AD / Exchange using this HR data. This is a manual process without any automatic feed into the AD / Exchange system. Consequently, the DL's are usually out-of-date for long periods until someone does the whole process again. I want to know if I can write a script (or something similar) that will create / update the DL's based on the input data that I provide in an Excel sheet (or a CSV file or simil...

Printing a Summary sheet with only those lines with data
We maintain a Proposal Master in Excel. We would like to print a Summary page which would include major categories, i.e. Software, Hardware, Interfaces, 3rd Party Software, and those lines under the major categories where the quantity is NOT 0. Obviously, we have to keep all the lines in the Proposal Master because some things are used by some clients and some by others. When the quantity is changed to 1, or from 0, we would like to print all those details by sub-category in a Summary Page. Is there any easy way to do this??? Thanks for your help!!! ...

OT:Learning excel question
Hi, I had a previuos maniac post, but I'm OK now. I have some Excel 2000 MS books, Would I be wasting time using these to get a better (any) grip on excel 2003? I guess I mean has it changed that much? Thanks Frank No it hasn't changed much at all, just a few cosmetic changes, a 2000 book is fine -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Frank" <stratster68@IHATESPAMworldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:%23HQtzCptFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I had a previuos maniac post, but I'm OK now. > I have some Excel 2000 MS books,...

printing data from different location in same worksheet
hi community is it possible to print data from different location example: i want to print colum B and data from colum H when I used ctrl+select and do a Print Preview, I can see both columns But when I use Print Option: "Print Selection", I can only see column B and column H now goes to next page can anybody please tell me how to do such that I able to view both columns in the same Preview Page taken from the File Menu > Print.... thanks community for the help :) -- oldLearner57 Did you try File -> Page Setup -> Sheet Tab Select the column B data for Columns to re...

Sum Only Subset Records Included in Max Sale Date
I have the following query: The sum(taxcredit) is not working -- it is summing all records by PED (period end date) where as I only want it to sum the records associated with the sale date that equals Max(Sale_Date). How can I do this? SELECT TaxCredit.COMPANY_ID AS Co, TaxCredit.REPORT_DATE AS PED, Max(TaxCredit.SALE_DATE) AS Sdate, Sum(TaxCredit.TaxCredit) AS TaxCredit FROM TaxCredit GROUP BY TaxCredit.COMPANY_ID, TaxCredit.REPORT_DATE ORDER BY TaxCredit.COMPANY_ID, TaxCredit.REPORT_DATE; You can not have details (PED) and total in same query so change like this -- SELEC...

DB Conversion Results in Weird Printing Problems
I was recently upgraded to Access 2000. Now, several DB applications I had built no longer print reports and shut down the apps. Furthermore, they wipe out the printers that are listed in "start/settings/printers" before I run the databases. Trying to add them back leads to a "lack of resources" error. I have to reboot to get them to show up again. Weird, huh? Other, very complex VB code works fine however. Any advice from gurus out there? ...

Printing labels with Dymo printer
Hi, I have designed a barcode label with all the relevant info on it. My only problem is that when I go to print the label(s) I go through the motions until I get to the print preview screen. The print preview looks totally out of scale and I need to click on Change Page Properties to correct the image on screen. The label then prints perfectly after this. I cannot set the label type for the DYMO printer in RMS ( the DYMO printer driver I guess) as it continually reverts back to its default label size. Does anyone have possible pointers to the solution for this? It would make queing up...

Merge records function
Is it possible to reuse the record merge function in CRM. Fx to call the function with a valid Account GUID with a URL-call to mergerecords ? I want this to open the merge windows with the GUID as the master record. ...

Excel cannot access..
Hi Very important accounting(which is 26 KB only) excel file is not allowing me to open the file. I may encrypted this worksheet and immediately turned into green colour, 6 months later i reinstalled windows XP pro but this time iwhen i try to open First dialog box show that : Excel cannot access "file name". The document may be read-only or encrypted. Then second dialog box show up : Cannot access "file name"..... i tried openoffice.org but didnt solve the problem.I never used any password for this file. I think this excel file ,when i choose the option to encrypt ...