restrict to export records to Excel and restrict to print

Hi,

It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft
CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our
implementation  policies. Is there a possible workaround for this
restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in
advance.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this.  v3.0 should enable this via security
roles.

In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the
link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a
server-based call to determine the security.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:18:01 -0700, Psyche <Psyche@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Hi,

It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft
CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our
implementation  policies. Is there a possible workaround for this
restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in
advance.

0
Matt
8/29/2005 7:40:27 PM
Thank you very much Matt. Appreciate your help!

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this.  v3.0 should enable this via security
> roles.
>
> In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the
> link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a
> server-based call to determine the security.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:18:01 -0700, Psyche <Psyche@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft
> CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our
> implementation  policies. Is there a possible workaround for this
> restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in
> advance.

Hi,

In CRM 1.2, there is only possible if we do this by coding.  I can develop
add-on for this requirement.

Just send me mail and we will talk more on that.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

Thanks,
MVP- .Net.
0
CRM

How do I set up invoice automatic numbering in excel?
Hi Tracy See this example http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE06A732-FF63-4156-8423-DE5BCA381388@microsoft.com... > ...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Excel automatically copied data from one cell to another...
One of my excel spreadsheets has started automatically copying data from one cell to another (or rather ROWS of data) without displaying any formula or explanation for the information. It seems to insert it about 10 - 20 rows apart, just one cell, and slips it in before one can notice it happening... Can anyone suggest anything? Jenny Is this reproducible? If so I'll take a look at the file for you. Do you get any warning when you open the workbook, asking to enable macros? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS &qu...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

can not print from printpreview in a derived CFormView class
hello, I have a class derived from a CFormView class in which I create my own device context. When I preview the document it's all right, but when I click on the Print... button in the PrintPreview mode, the OnEndPrintPreview event is called which destroy all the objects I need, and then the OnFilePrint is called and it can't print because all the objects have been deleted. How to print the content of the printpreview mode ? How to determine when the user has clicked the Print button ? thanks in advance Fuochi, You should either create the objects you need at a very early stag...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Bell curve from Excel data...
Hello. Using the example from the http://tushar-mehta.com/... site, I have a mean of 1.55 and a standard deviation of .6176. Now when I plot the data as per the example on the site, the y-axis starte at 0 whereas the chart extends into negative terriroty making for a Bell Curve that look's a little strange to me. So, I guess my questions are (1) is this normal,meaning that does the chart properly show the standard deviation, (2) is there another suggested approach to use to get a normal bell curve to appear, starting from 0 on the x axis? My column A plot points start at -2.51 a...

MS Publisher 2007 Exports
I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF. If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has anyone else witnessed this? mark@alliedtechnical.net wrote: > I'm noticing some really bad quality when I "Save as Picture" to GIF. > If I print the document directly from the app. it looks great. Has > anyone else witnessed this? a) Are you using many colours in your publication (or any photos)? b) What resolution do you have selected when you save? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

Is this possible with excel?
Hi, I wondered if any of the excel experts could tell me how to do the following if it is possible... Column A is a Time formatted column and Column P is a number formatted column as per the example below.... A P 13:20 4 13:20 6 13:20 6 13:20 8 13:20 9 13:20 10 13:20 11 13:50 2 13:50 3 13:50 4 13:50 5 13:50 6 13:50 8 14:20 1.25 14:20 1.75 14:20 3 14:20 3 14:20 3 14:20 5 14:20 6 14:20 7 What am I trying to do automatically either with a macro or by programming is as follows: Highlight by formatting the bg colour of the cell green the top four values in column P fo...

adding new records
I have an invoice template that I fill in and with the use of VLOOKUP take the information and put it into a record on another worksheet. Can someone tell me how I start a new invoice so the new information will go into a new record and not merely overwrite the previous record Thank you in advance You don't say how you are doing this If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "dick23" <dick...

Why would a Data Validation Listbox show all records during a Filter?
Greetings All, I set up a filter similar to Debra Dalgleish's Filter for Date Range, using a numeric range instead. This works fine. There is student data on a sheet named "Students," and filter criteria (grade levels 6 through 12) are on a sheet named "Schedules". On the "Schedules sheet are separate ranges for different class periods--each cell contains data validation with its source set =AbbNames, which is a column on the "Students" sheet. This allows the user to select student names instead of typing them. With the filter on, however, the listb...

Comments and Print Preview
From another string I discovered that from page setup one can chose to print comments at the end of sheet. I have done this and then click print preview. When I page down to the comments page some of the comments are blank but the actual comment box it references has data in it????? -- Thanks Shawn ...

Printing E-mails
When I print an outgoing or incoming e-mail, I don't get the "To," "Cc," or "Subject" lines on the printed copy. How can I include them? Using Microsoft Outlook 2002 within Office XP (not Outlook Express). ...

No current record after undo
Hello, I have two tables like Orders and Order_Detail with primary key orderId on the first and primary key pair (orderId, itemId) on the second table. Parallely I have a main form for Orders and a subform for Order_Details, where both forms are connected with orderId key. Although I have both tables linked on MS SQL Server and there exist a foreign key relationship, with the intention to avoid the standard SQL Server message for violation of foreign key constraint I check alone if the itemId is double for the same orderId in my BeforreUpdate event code of the input combo box of the ite...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

Help Setting Up Basic Excel Project...
Hey all! I took an Excel class years back and I remember that you can do this, but I just don't remember how. I'd like to create a fairly simple project. Basically, I have two columns: "title" and "author" I then would like a button on the spreadsheet that opens up a dialogue box that allows a user to add a new Title and Author, which when "submitted" are added to the main spreadsheet and are automatically alphabetized. It doesn't sound that difficult, I just don't know how to create a button (where to start). Any help would be greatly apprecia...

Excel printout: column first print grey, second print black
Hello everybody, A strange problem with Excel 2000: when a print is made of a sheet, a column with the background color 'grey' is printed fine. But a second print from the same sheet - the background is black (and the text not readable - because this is black too). This happens on two PC's, one printing to a HP Laserjet 2100 (using XP Pro), and one printing to a Minolta C350... (using W2K). When restarting Excel - It starts over again..... Who's has the answer to the 1 million question?? With regards, Arie Vet ...

Apply Select Case To All Records
Hi Groupies I have never used the Select Case statement before and am having a little trouble. I have the Select Case code attached to a command button on a form. When I push the button, the code runs for the selected record only. How do I make it run for all of the records in the recordset? Here is some of the code: Private Sub cmdAutoFlight_Click() Dim Rank As Integer, Flight As String, Saturday_Tee_Time As Date Select Case Rank Case Is <= 16 Me.Flight = "Championship" Me.Saturday_Tee_Time = "1:00:00 PM" Case Is <= 32 Me.Flight...

Chart size "resets" when printing.. scrunches up
I have charts/graphs that "resize" when I print. The Chart Box stays the same size but the "inner" chart box resizes and scrunches up. At times it only occurs on the printout, but at times as well it will reset in the chart on the spreadsheet itself. I have the 5 charts in a single tab. This does not happen in my other files not sure the issue. Any thoughts ? Thanks ...

Export .pst file...
Hello, I am trying to export my .pst file to my bosses computer so that he can have a record of my customer emails...I am having a problem.. For some reason when I try to attach the .pst to an email I get a message "operation failed"...When I "zip" the .pst file up and try to attach it it is fine..But when we "unzip" the file on the target computer, there are 0 KB??? Are there rules/preferences somewhere that I am not seeing that does not allow me to export a .pst file off from this computer?? thx Mike <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Too much to handle for Excel?
I'm a fairly experienced Excel-user but I've been pondering this problem for days now so I hope anyone out there can help me. I'm from Holland so forgive me for my English. I work at the headquarters of a company that owns over 20 bookstores. Every week I receive a large CSV-file with the weekly revenues(?). First thing I do is to organize these into 10 productgroups, so my "Source-file" looks like this: Column A: Storename Column B: Productgroup Column C: Year Column D: Weeknumber Column E: Amount In the weekly reports I make for the management, they want to see t...

Export dialogsheets as forms
Any ideas how one can "move" or "export" userforms which were created as part of the workbook (an actual worksheet in the workbook) with a previous version of Excel? Several worksheets in the book are userforms that I would like to bring into the Project Browser...WITHOUT having to recreate each one (a couple of the forms have numerous controls on them). Currently they are not even visible in the Project Browser - even as one of the worksheets - because I believe they were designated as dialogsheets when they were originally created. I have tried selecting the fo...

Display number of records
I have a text box that displays the number of records as follows "5 Records" How can I change "records" to display "Record" if there is only one record found. Thanks Andy Try me.txt_Records = me.recordsetclone.recordcount & " record" _ & iif(me.recordsetclone.recordcount = 1, "", "s") HTH Dale -- Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful! Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "ingalla" wrote: > I have a text box that displays the number of ...