Resolving KDC error... which SPN do I remove???

Hi all.
Using the LDAP tool I have found that my domain controller
and my admin account have two matching Service Prinicipal
Names.
HOST/COMPUTER NAME
Host/COMPUTER NAME.mydomain.com

Everything that I have read tells me to delete the
duplicate SPN.

How do I know which item to remove the duplicate from?
Do I remove it from the Domain Controller or the Admin
account?

Thanks for any help!

Hank

0
Hank
6/21/2004 6:55:27 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hank,

did you have any luck this, can you share how to resolve the KDC error?

thanx, Joe

"Hank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.
> Using the LDAP tool I have found that my domain controller
> and my admin account have two matching Service Prinicipal
> Names.
> HOST/COMPUTER NAME
> Host/COMPUTER NAME.mydomain.com
>
> Everything that I have read tells me to delete the
> duplicate SPN.
>
> How do I know which item to remove the duplicate from?
> Do I remove it from the Domain Controller or the Admin
> account?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Hank

0
Joseph

kernell32.dll error
I am getting an error message when I shut down outlook 2002. It reads: Outlook has caused an error in Kernel32.dll. Outlook will now close. WHATS THE OS? >-----Original Message----- >I am getting an error message when I shut down outlook 2002. It reads: >Outlook has caused an error in Kernel32.dll. Outlook will now close. > > >. > ...

xsl Transform
I've got a c# app that does some transforms using XSL files that are stored as Embedded Resources in the app. That turns out to be significant; i.e., the problem I've encountered goes away if I reference the XSL files from the file system. The problem is that within the XSL file I have a reference to document(''), intending to "self reference" the stylesheet. As I mentioned above, this works fine as long as the stylesheet is file based; however when it is instead an embedded resource then the document('') call returns an empty node set. I'm guessi...

Outlook 2003 error msg. "rules in error"
I have set up rules for email and a specific sender the rule is to "permanently delete it". However when I get subsequent email forthis specific sender I get an error message titled "rules in error" and it says "you don't have permission to ....set(?) this rule" or something close to that. All my ther rules (including some that "delete" are working fine. I am the administrator on my desktop computer and I do import/export my .pst files between my laptop and my desktop - both running XP and Office 2003 This can happen if you have the accoun...

Error message in Outlook 2003
I to am having the same problem in receiving mail. Error message Task 'mail.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK' I was getting this message on my old computer, but just got a new one and it is happening again. Others I know do not have this problem. One other thing is that my ISP (comcast) does not support Outlook only Outlook Express, but I had problems with that in the past. I too hav...

Releated to JIT Error
Hello, I am facing following problem.Need Help. Error message is comming : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- JIT Debugging component registration is incorrect Please repair the installation of the most recent version of Visual Studio.Net or Remote Debugging components. Alternatively, execute the following command as an Administrator to manually repair the JIT Debugging component registration: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\vs7jit.exe" / RegServer -----------------------------------------------...

Mail delivery Error
Hello, Need some explaination here, if I am an user using abc.com. When I send a message to user@mydomain.com and I received the following notification. My question is, does it mean that 1. my mailbox is exceeded storage allocation? or 2. user@mydomain.com mailbox is exceeded storage allocation? ------------------------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@mydomain.com on 8/10/2004 11:42 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fail...

outlook 2002 reported error 0x8004060C
Can't send and receive email. I always get the following message: "Sending and Receiving reported error 0x8004060C" I scanned pst which is not corrupted. Any ideas? T ...

Error trying to run scheduled reports
I've installed the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Report Scheduling Wizard, but when I try to run it, I'm getting the following error: Server Error in '/' Application System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'NT Authority\Network Service' are insufficient for performing this operation... It goes on from here, but keeps saying teh same thing. I can't figure out where the permission issue is arising. I've tried changing the Report Server logon account and the default app pool identity account. Neither one makes a difference. Has...

Windows 7 removes desktop, and reinits Outlook
Ever since I installed Windows 7 on my HP notebook it periodically "CLEANS" the desktop, and resets many programs to a "new" state. This behavior, which seemed cute to start with, is a disaster with regards to Outlook. When you next start Outlook it is as if it had never run on the box before, it looses all associations with my Outlook files. Last time I was able to link to a backup I made and reimport most of my old mails, *ONLY* loosing 6 weeks of emails. What is the best procedure to relink to my old Outlook files? I'd rather not start fresh agai...

Can Outlook Remove Duplicates?
I have duplicates contacts, yet the duplicates are not identical. For example, the street address is identical, yet the name is slight different because of misspelling. Is there an automatic way to search for such duplicates and remove them? Thanks Talal Itani <titani@verizon.net> wrote: > I have duplicates contacts, yet the duplicates are not identical. For > example, the street address is identical, yet the name is slight > different because of misspelling. Is there an automatic way to > search for such duplicates and remove them? Not within Outlook. I don&#...

Names resolve twice
When typing names into the TO: field of Outlook 2002 then tabbing to the next field, names from our companies GAL are resolved and listed twice in the TO: field. All SPs and patches have been applied to Outlook 2002. Out of curiosity, if you check Tools | Options | E-Mail Options | Advanced E-Mail Options, is the option to allow a comma as an address separator checked? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Contact Schmontact" <anonymous@discussio...

Fix found for 0x80004005 error
As it turns out the tzmove.exe is an installation file that creates a tzmove.exe file in the Office folder which is only 300K not 8MB and which also works. I changed the MSExTmz_x.ini to look at this new file and all errors went away. I struggled for hours with that one and I ended up ignoring it. The error said something about unable to get time zone. I checked calendars that were 1 hour ahead and they were normal after the patch. On Mar 10, 10:14 pm, Roger Wogan <RogerWo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As it turns out the tzmove.exe is an installation file that creates a...

CreateSalesOrder Error Message
Hi All, I did CreateSalesOrder using GP Web Services and I got this error: "ItemKey/WarehouseKey does not exist in inventory" How can I create Item in inventory? I mean which method in Web Services? Let me know if you guys have any ideas. -Toi Toi, This has nothing to do with the CreateSalesOrder method you are using. This is standard GP functionality and what it means is that the item number you are trying to use is not associated to the site you are attempting to use on the sales order. To remediate this situation, you need to go into GP, go to Cards > Inventory > ...

Error on startup
I have Win 7 Home Premium, x64. Recently, I installed Windows Live Essential (beta). Right after that, every time I restart my computer, I get a message : WESTARTUP.EXE - Entry Point Not Found. "The procedure entry point ?RMLoadColorReg@YGKPBDPB_WKKK@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library UXCore.dll." After closing this message, launching of Windows continues and I see no other problems. What this is all about? How to correct this problem and have Windows start normally? Ilya Zeldes, Fort Myers, Florida ...

Remove Calendar Connector
Hi all, I migrated Exchange 2003 from one computer to another and then I used this guide http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B822931&x=14&y=17 to remove the first server without uninstalling Exchange. After migration I shutdown the first server for a week. In this week I had no errors on the new Exchange server, so I decided to uninstall Exchange from the old server. The uninstallation process report an error removing Calendar Connector from AD, so the uninstallation process fails (it seems that Exchange was partially removed). Now on the new server I see an error ___...

(Linguage italian please) Errore socket: 10061, Numero di errore: 0x800CCC0E
Mi aiutate a risolvere questo problema? Il messaggio �: Impossibile connettersi al server. Account: 'in.virgilio.it', Server: 'out.virgilio.it', Protocollo: SMTP, Porta: 25, Protezione (SSL): No, Errore socket: 10061, Numero di errore: 0x800CCC0E Fabio wrote: > Mi aiutate a risolvere questo problema? > Il messaggio �: > Impossibile connettersi al server. Account: 'in.virgilio.it', Server: > 'out.virgilio.it', Protocollo: SMTP, Porta: 25, Protezione (SSL): No, > Errore socket: 10061, Numero di errore: 0x800CCC0E Salve - microsoft.public.it.offi...

Looping error 5.3.5 we trying to send to domains we host.
I work for a IT consulting company. We also host domains. We are running Exchange 2003 on the same server that we host the domains. We are using SmarterMail for out domain/web hosting. We we attempt to send emails to any of the domains that we host we receive the error message below. We ARE able to send to all other domains except for these (ie yahoo, msn, etc). We do not have multiple virtual servers nor do we have any smtp connectors. IP address for the one virtual server is set to all unassigned. blank@adomain.com on 3/14/2005 4:00 PM A configuration error in the e...

Error installing CRM 3.0 on Windows Server
I'm currently trying to install CRM 3.0 Pro but when adding the license it gives the following error: "Failed to open the licence agreement file. For additional details see logfile <path to CRM>" (where path to CRM is the log file in application data folder) It warns this 3 times and then adds it to the license box saying license code, type as "Server Licencse (Professional) and number "10". It will then not allow me to proceed any further with the installation. Anyone have any suggestions? Regards, David G. Paul ------=_NextPart_0001_7163FE23 C...

UID Error in Outlook 2002
We have a user who keeps getting this error: "Your server ahs reported a UID which does not comply with the IMAP standard. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this." He is using Outlook 2002 on an XP machine. While in the office, he connects over the network. While on the road, he connects with dial-up. He gets the error when he comes back in the office and changes he outgoing mail server back to the network settings. He can send and receive and read mail, but he gets the message every time he opens a new message or moves a messa...

error in import outlook 2003
Dear Sir or Madam Please be inform i could not import my *.pst file in my outlook 2003. however, i tired your way but it was not useful for me. and i recived below massage again: the file G:\Backup\Outlook.pst is not a personal floders file. I would appricated if you could help me in this matter. I look forward to hearing from ou best regards. Sam ...

Error in GL_Account_Mstr
Hello!! I get the following error message A get/change operation on table 'GL_Account_Mstr' failed accessing SQL data. And when I click on 'More Info'. I get the following Number of results columns doesnt match table definition. What should I be doing to get this issue sorted out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Is this happening on all machines or just one? One thing you might try would be to re-synch your client with the server. To do this go into your Great Plains code folder and open the dex.ini file. There will be a line that looks like this: Syn...

Installation Error 02-09-10
Could you help me install the product? I have tried your support site, and there is no information on the error message I get. Each time I try to install, I get the following message: Error 25221 Failed to set descriptor or object ose, system error: 2147023446 I am using Windows XP Professional Hi, jhfrank, Could you post back with which Office product(s) you are trying to install? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "jhfrank" <jhfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3771429C-461A-43D1-BDFD-9...

Paid Removal Transaction stored procedure
Hi everyone, I have to say i am so glad i found this group because i have had a few issues i can't resolve and I am hoping you guys could help. Every time i tried to run the Paid Removal Transaction stored procedure in a client machine the system gets stuck and a message arises. The first message was: “The stored procedure rmPaidTransactionRemoval returned the following results: DBMS 7221, Great Plains 0” I was searching around and I found out this could be a result of a lack of SQL service pack updates, which was true, so I talked to the IT person in charge and he ...

Webpart Deployment is not working(error: COM factor error)
Hi All, Can any one provide me the solution for below stated issue which can be appreciated. We designed a webpart which contains 'Drop down' and 'Generate Report' button. The 'Generate Report' button functionality has been working well in development environment (while accessing the site from the same machine where the solution is deployed) but not in with the deployed solution site URL from different machine. While debugging the code at test environment we got the 'COM factor error' while creating Ms Word application object to generate word ...

resolving name in the To: field
We just switched over from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and now when we type in a name in the To: field, it doesn't underline. I thought the underline meant that the name was found in the contact list (either globally) or local user. Yet, when I hit send, it appears to be sent. Pat, Is it working or not?? You need to let us know what "appears" means. Randy "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2401701c45ef1$4259b0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We just switched over from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and now > when we type in a name in the To: ...