Repost: Crystal License error - need help

Does anyone know where the IWAM_<computer_name> account password is being
used by Crystal Reports?  In my case I am getting logon errors for this
account in the event log every time I try to access the reports.

I have installed MSCRM on a Small Business Server 2000 box and I have gotten
just about everything working except for the reports.

When I try to access the reports I get  the error about not enough crystal
licenses.  I saw the section in the implementation guide about this error
but it doesn't seem to apply since the SBS2K box is an AD DC.

Looking at the event logs it looks like the primary issue is logging in the
IWAM_<server_name> account.

Where does Crystal store this password?  Incidentally the CrystalAdmin
application crashes and will not allow the password to be changed.  What
type of account is this talking about? Is it a domain user account, a sql
account or what?

Any help would be appreciated.

John Lammey

Here are the various event log messages:
System Log
ID 10004
DCOM

DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to
logon .\IWAM_W2 in order to run the server:
{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

ID 36
W3SVC

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/2/Root'.  The error was
'The server process could not be started because the configured identity is
incorrect.  Check the username and password.
'.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

App Log

Microsoft CRM
ID 2

The description for Event ID ( 2 ) in Source ( Microsoft CRM ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: MSCRM Platform Error Report:
----------------------------
Error: <description>The user id or the team id is
missing.</description><file>d:\mscrm\build\3017\src\platform\include\omcore\

Error Message: The user id or the team id is missing.

Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform.

Source File: d:\mscrm\build\3017\src\platform\include\omcore\entity.inl

Line Number: 2713

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously).

Security Log

ID 676
Authentication Ticket Request Failed:
  User Name: IWAM_W2
  Supplied Realm Name: NTAS1
  Service Name: krbtgt/NTAS1
  Ticket Options: 0x40810010
  Failure Code: 0x12
  Client Address: 127.0.0.1

Id 529
Logon Failure:
  Reason:  Unknown user name or bad password
  User Name: IWAM_W2
  Domain:  NTAS1
  Logon Type: 4
  Logon Process: DCOMSCM
  Authentication Package: Negotiate
  Workstation Name: W2

ID 675
Pre-authentication failed:
  User Name:  IWAM_W2
  User ID:  NTAS1\IWAM_W2
  Service Name:  krbtgt/NTAS1
  Pre-Authentication Type: 0x2
  Failure Code:  0x18
  Client Address:  127.0.0.1

0
johnl (3)
7/16/2003 1:45:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

John,

This isn't a Crystal error.  The IWAM account is used by the system
internally for various security contexts related to COM.  Check out the
following techknowledge article:

http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=29415&target=PS

"John Lammey" <johnl@businessware.com> wrote in message
[...]

Matt

Help: Formula put into entire row creates large file size
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I would like one column to be the concatenation of two other columns. For example, in column C I would have =A1&B1. This excel file will be given to people and they will fill in values into columns A and B. The trick is, I don't know how many rows there will be, so I don't know how many rows in column C should have this formula. If I paste this formula into the entire column C, the excel file blows up to 3 megabytes. (It's only 15KB without this column). Are there ways for me to accomplish this more efficiently? Thanks for any help Are y...

database connection error
I have my batabase and POS on the same machine as my operation is very small. I find that when the network cable is unpluged i get a database connection error. Can someone explain why that happens if the POS is pointing to the database that is on the same machine and not over a network? Set SO Administrator - File - Configuration - Servername to: (local) instead of your ip address or computer name. This may also be an issue with your SQL server client network utility. "Andaiye" wrote: > I have my batabase and POS on the same machine as my operation is very small. ...

plz help me .......[plz].....[i need a help [ :( ] ]
hi , every body; i want to write an easy program; if u have time plz write that code for me i want to write a program that it gets a number from user then save it in filestream i mean to see tahat number ever time that i want at that file i need a help On Mar 7, 6:04=A0pm, sahel <nam.nam.baro...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi , every body; > i want to write an easy program; > if u have time plz write that code for me > i want to write a program that it gets a number from user then save it > in filestream > i mean to see tahat number ever time that i want at that f...

Printing one pg item (visio), only prints 2nd 1/2 of page. Help?
I have a one page flowchart in Visio 2003. It fits an 8 1/2 x 11 page on print preview screen. When printed, only get 2nd half of the flowchart on the page, as though it only started printing from that point. All settings seem normal, am able to print normally in Word. Opened other visio flowcharts that had printed normally 30 minutes ago, and now only getting 2nd half of page. There were some printing issus with Visio 2003. Have applied the latest patch to Visio 2003 and are you using the latest printer drivers? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3...

help
I have some texts files, which i want to read in each line, and then write back each line to a new text file. So for example, I want to read in the 2 lines below: "C:\Data\=D3=EA=D2=B9=D0=C7=BF=D5",6,10,3,3,8 "",0,0,0,318.592,83.04552 I store each line of data in the following vector: std::vector<CString> FileData; So FileData[0] =3D ""C:\Data\=D3=EA=D2=B9=D0=C7=BF=D5",6,10,3,3,8" FileData[1] =3D """,0,0,0,318.592,83.04552" (the data is in the vector correctly) Then I go to write the data to a new text file... FILE ...

Unknown Error 0x80040119
Hello! Having some pretty huge issues with this error - Unknown Error 0x80040119 this occurrs when the Send/Receive button is pressed in Outlook 2003 on a Terminal Server session. Scenario: Users accesses email from a Notebooks out of office using VPN. Outlook is configured to connect an exchange server in cached mode. This particular user travels frequently and also accesses their email via Outlook on our Terminal Servers which is when the problem ocurrs with "Unknown Error 0x80040119". http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814441 On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:47:00 +0100, "A...

What does "Compile error in hidden module:Autoexec New" mean?
I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel programs as well as new ones I am creating. A PDFMaker add-in problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Jim "Karla" <Karla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C336C6-10D3-40BE-8146-C0491DA16804@microsoft.com... |I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel | programs as well as new ones I am creating. ...

Failed Recent Updates and Error Code 80070490
Since yesterday my computer and me have been trying to install two Vista updates: Security Updates for Windows Vista (KB967723) and Updates for windows Vista (KB972145) and I get the Error Found Code 80070490 I have Windows Vista Ultimate. Please advise. Hello Octavio, 0x80070490 - ERROR_NOT_FOUND Corrupted System File; Need to perform an in-place upgrade or reinstall of the OS. How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7 <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833> Tell...

Outlook "The object could not be found" error (O2003)
Hi there, In Outlook 2003, whenever I have an email with a email link inside it I get an error "The object could not be found", when I try and click it. This has only happened since I installed my Activesync software for my PDA. any help? any fixes? This is killing me! Have you rebooted since installing AS? Does Event viewer give you any additional information? Did you try reregistering IE? reregister urlmon.dll by clicking start, run and typing regsvr32 urlmon.dll if that fails, try How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP http://...

Please Help Me
Please help me im bearly making it ive got so many bills ive tryed providing for my famlie but im bearly making it please send me $5.00 or more to help out im just asking for your help if you dont have it ill just keep trying click below on the link to send me $5.00 or more please help me God bless you all https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=joesluss%40adelphia.net&item_name=five+dollars&item_number=5&amount=5.00&no_note=1&currency_code=USD ...

Toggle Button Help 2
How do I configure a toggle button to toggle a cell between 2 differen colors (in this case from blue to white and back)? I only have half o the formula but don't know how to assign the other half of the toggl to change the cell back to white. Here's my formula: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() Range("D20").Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 8 .Pattern = xlSolid End With End Sub How do I add the rest? Thanks.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Josiah, Answer Toggle question #2, you can assign the function: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() I...

"Messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running Outlook 02 on Win XP Pro SP2. I think this may have been caused by the DST time zone update utility, but I'm not certain. Here's the situation. If I try to open a calendar item I get the following error: "Can't open this item. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." If I try to create a new message or appointment from the quick start toolbar, or clicking a mailto: link on a web page: "The operation failed." If I click the "to" "cc" or "bcc" button while...

Links in Excel 2000...need help
Hi, Would you happen to know how to switch the setting in excel so that when I doubleclick on a cell with a link to another tab (worksheet), it will take me to that tab and specifically the cell referenced? Thx, Maybe you can use a worksheet formula. David McRitchie has posted these formulas that he uses. =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) === but you meant like what hap...

Need inserted lines to print in correct position on Excel graphs
The aim lines and trend lines that I inserted into the Excel graph appear in the correct position on my monitor screen, but when I print the graph they appear higher than when seen on the screen. How can I get the printed lines to appear in the correct position? Hi, Did you use shapes to draw the lines? You could try changing the Move and cell property. But the best solution would be to create the lines using dummy series. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Lavonne" <Lavonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4CD...

Need rotation schedule with 6 tables of 6 people for all to meet o
I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a rotation schedule so that everyone will get to meet everyone only once. I will have 6 tables of 6 people at each table for a total of 36 people. I have the tables lettered A B C D E F and 1-36 people numbered and want to rotate everyone through so they all get to talk to each other just once. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, sccyclist <sccyclist@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a >rotation schedule so that eve...

Mail Relaying denied error message, how can it be fixed???
I setup outlook express smtp to use incoming: mail.tpg.com.au and outgoing: mail.tpg.com.au I can successfully receive emails and read newsgroup but I can't send out emails because it keep on return the below error message, how can it be fixed so that I can send emails? Thanks... The error message when sending is::: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'huy9876@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Re: Again', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: &...

SQL2008 connection error
Hi, I just migrated SSRS2005 tp SSRS2008. My question is, 1. I can't connect to SQL 2008 at all, I tried ODBC and SSRS reports. TCPIP is enabled. 2. Now the SSRS 2008 url is http://servername /prodreports, How do I change the URL to reports.company.com Thnaks, Hi, can you try outside of SSRS (via ODDB Admin) if you are able to connect to the ODBC datasource. If you are using SQL 2008 I would recommend the Sql Server Managed Provider instead of ODBC. You can change the url reservations in the RS Config Tool (RSCONFIGTOOL.EXE) Best Regards Klaus Sobel &...

Userenv errors 1058 and 1030 on clients
Hello, I'm bursting my head with this already. Clients complaint that their logon 50% of the tiimes don't sync (using redirected folders). If they cancel the sync, or either logon without lan, and after that plug in and sync manually, it goes ok. It just doesn't happen most of the times at logon and logoff times. On the server side I have no events on this. On the client side I have plenty, all stating that: "Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO cn={6C5E2B58-133A-4744-8CDD-89D66A73793F},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=iasopor,DC=local. The file must ...

Formula Cell Error
Hi all, i have a problem with the following code, would appreciate if anyone can give me some help on this. Basically everything works fine except for this line: Cells(i, 12).FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(J" & StartCount & ":J" & EndCount & ")" The cell will reflect "=SUM('J2':'J3')" instead of "=SUM(J2:J3)". --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub Test() For i = 2 To 100 Step 1 Cells(i, 1).Select If Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorI...

Error
My HR users are seeing a new error when trying to update one of the fields on the "Position Extra Fields" Screen (located at "Position Setup" Screen -> "Position Extra Fields" Screen) The error is "This employee record has been changed since you opened this window. Changes won't be saved." I can duplicated it also, even when signed in as admin. I tried tracing it but see nothing that helps. A SQL trace shows an attempted insert to HRPOS022 then next a Select to Dynamics..Sy01700 (holds the error messages) Ca...

Money internal error when I download from bank
Help! was using M04, recently upgraded to M05. After new install was prompted to use MSN passport- realised afterwards I didnt want to. After reinstall and restore from backup, I am now finding that when I download from Royal Bank (Canada) there is an "internal error" and money restarts. It often does this 2 or 3 times on restart, and Ive lost the downlaod data from the bank- Im fed up with having to restart and type entries by hand. Have I a setting wrong somewhere? ...

REPOST Re: Trying to get mailbox lock from process
Has anyone made any headway on this issue? I am currently trying to determine if any informative messages are logged on the server side. --=C ####################### Hi Brent, Is it possible the mailbox is being accessed by another client at the same time? -Michael On 10/21/04 12:38 PM, in article BD9D5E5D.473D%brent@hazmatexplo.org, "Brent DeCracker" <brent@hazmatexplo.org> wrote: >> Michael, >> >> Just to throw my two cents in - I'm having the same problem, and it didn't >> occur until I upgraded to 11.1. I've been using th...

Help
I am trying to configure Outlook 2003 for multiple email accounts. I have so far set up 4 different profiles to go with the 4 different accounts that I would like to check with outlook. On startup of Outlook 2003 I have an option of which account to check and once I select the account, it opens right up and everything is working fine except that I would now like to use a password log on so that each ac count can have some privacy. 2 are mine and I have one for my wife. I would like it to request a password before it opens her account etc. any assistance would be greatly appreciat...

Help on XML Explicit
Hello, I am starting to work with XML Explicit. I am having problems with the tags and the level they generate in. Can anyone please help me, for I have looked aroung and it seems that I am doing everything fine!!! I am attaching below an example of the query and the XML it generates. =========================== Declare @IdCat int set @IdCat = 62 SELECT 1 AS TAG, NULL AS PARENT, '' AS [p!1], NULL AS [pc!2], NULL AS [pc!2!npc!xml], NULL AS [pc!2!idp!xml], NULL AS [pc!2!nc!xml], NULL AS [pc!2!m!xml], NULL AS [e!3!xml], NULL AS [e!3!ce!xml], NULL AS [e!3!de!xml], NULL AS [e!3!fe...

help with 2 xl sheets...
I need help with 2 worksheets. first sheet is a time schedule sheet. I need to count the total number of shifts entered in a week The sheet is set up so columns are days of weeks, each person has 2 rows, top row is the start time bottom row is end time, time is entered is in 24Hr format and shifts start at various times of days. Second I have a row of numbers 1 to 20 that is averaged in row 21 in column A. Row 1 has the most current figure, row 20 is oldest, Can I set it up so I can enter the most current number in row 1 column A and all the existing figures automatically bump down 1 row? ...