Reports for an external data source

 Hi Guys,
can i have a report shown in MSCRM that fetches data from an external
database and not from the CRM database?
I tried giving a link to another SQL reporting services report URL (a report
for some other external DB), but that did not work.
Is there a way that i can embed that report into MSCRM?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

try add this report through srs manager rather than through crm. ie go to
http://yourcrmwebserver/reports and try upload there

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Jij" <Jij@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
> can i have a report shown in MSCRM that fetches data from an external
> database and not from the CRM database?
> I tried giving a link to another SQL reporting services report URL (a
> report
> for some other external DB), but that did not work.
> Is there a way that i can embed that report into MSCRM?

0
John

Need more Reports

change subreport source object
I've posted this previously but can't locate it! Is something crazy going on with the forum? Access 2003/Win 2000 I'm trying to get this to work: Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.srptPKPhysicalAttributes.SourceObject = "srptPK" & Me.Type & "PhysicalAttributes" Me.srptPKMaterialAttributes.SourceObject = "srptPK" & Me.Type & "MaterialAttributes" Me.srptPKFinishingAttributes.SourceObject = "srptPK" & Me.Type & "FinishingAttributes" Me.srptPKPerforma...

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Data Validation #11
Is it possible to have a data validation list to control the out come of another column? For example: Columns A B 1 1 name1 2 2 name2 3 3 name3 4 4 name4 5 5 name5 6 6 name6 with the above example, what I am asking is it possible to select the number in column A and have it automatically place in column B the name that belongs to that number? I hope this is clear. Thank You, Chris -- zero635 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ zero635's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

how to split data into columns and arrange the resulting data
I have data in cells A2, A3 and A4 as below: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 1, 2, 3, 4 2, 3, 4 I want to split into columns (which I did using Data > Text to Columns option). But I also want the data to "automatically" fall under appropriate heading (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) which are in respecive cells A1:H1. Thank you in advance How about an alternative: With your data in A2:Axx, put this formula in B2: =","&SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","")&"," Then B2 will look like: ,1,2,4,5,7,8, Then put this in C2 and drag across as far as you need. =IF...

Plugging data from non-open Workbooks
Hello, I have a number of databases stored on Excel Workbooks and I want to create another workbook to get information from those databases. I will make reference to a number of the databases with the following: COUNTIF("worksheet name followed by filename", "=blablabla") but I don't want to open them as they are like each 5Mb in size and I have to refer like 10 of them on a worksheet. I've tried opening one of the database and then reference it by point-and-clicking and then closing it. The formula works fine when the file is open. When it's closed and I tr...

Help with getting data from a worksheet
Hi, I have 2 excel sheets username sheet --------------- it contains just usernames in one column main sheet ----------- i want to chose from a listbox, combobox, or whatever one or mor usernames from the username sheet. How can i do that?? another question: I want to be sure that every username has one instance only can you help be? BogN -- Bog ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BogN's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3497 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54717 BogN w...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

Reporting Services has no reports
I cannot see any reports in CRM. We're running SBS 2003 Premium R2 with CRM 3.0 running on this server. The SQL databases and reporting services are installed on a separate 2005 SQL cluster. I've checked that reporting services is running on the cluster. http://<sqlcluster>/reports brings up the SQL Reporting Services and a folder entitled "CompanyName MSCRM" which is empty. How do I determine the physical location of this folder? I've checked in deployment manager on the SBS and CRM Reporting Services is pointing to "http://sqlcluster/reportserver". Is...