Reports error Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

Hi,
When logged on to the crm server as admin I can run the User Summary report
fine.  However when I log on to the web client as a user who has system
adminstrator role I get the following:

An error has occurred during report precessing.  Cannot create a conntection
to data source CRM.  Login failed for user.  Reason: Not associated with a
trusted SQL Server connection.

I followed instructions suggested in this newsgroup and went into Report
Manager and entered the credentials of the administrator and selected use as
Windows credentials and impersonate the user and all now works but I am
concerned about allowing all users to be able to access reports with admin
credentials.

Is there another way I could have allowed reports to run for this user?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Is the CRM webserver and the database on the same server?

Anyway, you can check in your client web browser that the Enable Integrated
Windows Authentication is checked.

This can be found in Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Security
section

HTH

"sherry" wrote:

> Hi,
> When logged on to the crm server as admin I can run the User Summary report
> fine.  However when I log on to the web client as a user who has system
> adminstrator role I get the following:
>
> An error has occurred during report precessing.  Cannot create a conntection
> to data source CRM.  Login failed for user.  Reason: Not associated with a
> trusted SQL Server connection.
>
> I followed instructions suggested in this newsgroup and went into Report
> Manager and entered the credentials of the administrator and selected use as
> Windows credentials and impersonate the user and all now works but I am
> concerned about allowing all users to be able to access reports with admin
> credentials.
>
> Is there another way I could have allowed reports to run for this user?

Need more Reports

Access "Write Conflict" Error -- record changed by another user
A table with 2 fields in which the data are correlated (but not coupled) are populated by ComboBoxes with sources from a separate table with the correlated information in the same records. Specifically, Company Name and Stock symbol. The form used to enter and edit information in the master table allows the selection of unrelated Company Name and Stock Symbol. Using a RecordSet, ToDo Loop, and an UPDATE query, I have "sort of" accomplished the job. Changing the selection of the Company Name generates the above error message. Clicking the "Drop Changes" button pr...

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Outlook XP communicating with non existing exchange 2000 server
Hi!! We are having a bit of a problem with Outlook. It is trying to communicate with an old non-existing exchange server. Earlier (about 6 months back), we used to use that server, but since then we added a new server and moved all the accounts to the new one. There might be one/two inactive accounts on the old server. I'm unable to ascertain why Outlook is trying to communicate with that old server. All our machines point to the new server. I looked at all the settings on outlook and it doesn't point to the old server anwhere. Is there something that I missed on Outlook settings th...

Blank networth reports

Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart types"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message=20 "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a = different chart types" keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out? thank you regards kh ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

eXtender SOP Reports

Installing CRM 1.2 error
I am installing CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 vertual server with SQL2005 using an existing database. I get an error after selecting the existing database: Microsoft CRM Setup could not finr a valid organisation on the specified database. You need to have at least one organisation before installing Microsoft CRM. Microsoft CRM 1.2 does not work with SQL Server 2005. SQL Server 2005 is supported for Microsoft CRM 3.0 Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Kryton" wrote: > I am installing CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 vertual server with SQL2005 using an > existing...

Error searching an additional mailbox
Greetings, I have several users, who, in addition to their own mailbox, mount a second mailbox for storage of certain emails. Recently, several of these users have tried to do searchs on one of the folders in that mailbox and receive a dialog box stating There are too many Find Public Folders dialogs open. You must close them in order to use the Advanced Find. Do you want to close them now? These are all Outlook 2002 users running against an Exchane 5.5 server. Anyone seen this problem before? K ...

Reports are not being shown MM07

DDE Server Window: OUTLOOK.EXE entry point not found
I have Office2000 SR-1 and SR-2 installed on my XP. Recently I uninstalled an application, WinForms. After that I has problem with Outlook. It always pop up a windown "DDE Server Window: OUTLOOK.EXE entry point not found" with the following message: The procedure entry point EndDefe?WindowPos could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll. The "?" is a symbol that cannot be keyed in. Has anyone experienced the same problem, thank a lot for any pointer. -Wei ...

Saving Reports

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

Crashes, "error log has been created"
Running Outlook 2000, Windows 2000. It crashes multiple times/day, taking down my box. The error message flashes too fast, but it does say an error log has been created before it goes away. Any ideas? Any ideas where to access the error log? thx, tj ...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Problem Connecting to Database Engine
Hi, Situation: WinXP Office 2003 Multiple Users on this computer I am getting the message, "There was a problem connecting to the database engine. To try again, please click retry. If problem persists, check help." I checked help, and I added my name and the other person's name to the BCMUsers Group dialog. I "checked names" to ensure that the names were properly added and they were. But the problem still persists. Yesterday, I used a program called the "The Ultimate Troubleshooter" to stop some programs and services from running in the backgroun...

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

SQL Duration
I am in a process of timing a query. Before running actual query, I have the following lines. dbcc freeproccache\ go dbcc dropcleanbuffers go Looking at duration in profiler, it is 5 sec. Looking at ssms, it is 1 sec. Looking at message when 'set statistics time on', 4 sec. What is the difference between them? Moreover, why is the response time vary by more than 25% when I run the same query over and over. Is there a way to accurately measure response time of a query? I realize there are different forces acting on a system. However, on an unused system, queri...