report timeout in CRM 1.2 on virtual pc (notebook)

Hi,

I prepared images of mscrm 1.2 for virtual pc. On two desktop machines with
1 gig of memory, everything works fine. On a -besides this very performant-
notebook with same memory specs, I get timeouts in crystal report viewer
(nothing is shown and after a long while, an error message shows in the
"html page" where the report should be).
I increased timeout value on the "microsoft crm" II server app virtual
directory to ..1800 or more: No chance.

Did anyone see this happen? Any hint to resolve this? It seems to me like
the disk access spped, which is much slower than on desktop machines could
be the culprit.

BTW: The same notebook runs fine with an 1.0 image of crm!

Thanks a lot!

Achim Gounar

0
Achim
11/24/2003 9:33:51 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi - there is an additional Readme document on the 1.2 CDs that says you
have to change a crystal command line.  Have you tried that?

Hon

"Achim Gounar" <achim.gounar@orbis.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I prepared images of mscrm 1.2 for virtual pc. On two desktop machines
with
> 1 gig of memory, everything works fine. On a -besides this very
performant-
> notebook with same memory specs, I get timeouts in crystal report viewer
> (nothing is shown and after a long while, an error message shows in the
> "html page" where the report should be).
> I increased timeout value on the "microsoft crm" II server app virtual
> directory to ..1800 or more: No chance.
>
> Did anyone see this happen? Any hint to resolve this? It seems to me like
> the disk access spped, which is much slower than on desktop machines could
> be the culprit.
>
> BTW: The same notebook runs fine with an 1.0 image of crm!
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Achim Gounar

0
Hon
11/24/2003 11:39:24 PM
Yes, I did follow the manual and raise the page server view limit by adding the "-maxDBResultRecords 0" to the command line of Crystal page server

Achim

Need more Reports

Strange symbol & format in sent e mail messages #2
Recenrlt my e mail messages ( all new ones, and any replies) now contain a symbol that resembles the one used to note a paragraph, or mark each verse in the Bible. The message format also changes, with a dot between each word. How can i revert to "normal" e mail? ...

Drag and Drop #2
Hello all: I am implementing drag and drop in an application I'm working on. What I noticed while performing a quick test is my entire application eagerly accepts drops. When I comment out my Register() call and set OnDragOver to always return DROPEFFECT_NONE (essentially disabling drag and drop) the application still accepts drops. What is more troubling is OnInitialUpdate is called each time a drop occurs!!! This method should only be called once. Does anyone know how to disable drag and drop for an application? Thank you, Dan Hi Dan! Take a look at DragAcceptFiles(). ...

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

Installing CRM 1.2 error
I am installing CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 vertual server with SQL2005 using an existing database. I get an error after selecting the existing database: Microsoft CRM Setup could not finr a valid organisation on the specified database. You need to have at least one organisation before installing Microsoft CRM. Microsoft CRM 1.2 does not work with SQL Server 2005. SQL Server 2005 is supported for Microsoft CRM 3.0 Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Kryton" wrote: > I am installing CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 vertual server with SQL2005 using an > existing...

eXtender SOP Reports

Workflow Triggers in CRM 4.0
I'm a "newbie" to CRM so this may be an elementary question. I want to create a workflow that: 1.) detects the presence of a .csv file in a folder. (Leads) 2.) uses data import manager to import the lead into CRM. 3.) post import processing (re-assignment, etc,) The trick is the triggering event for the workflow. I can't use the "Create Record" trigger, because the record isn't created yet. In fact, it will be created on import. What's a fella to do? I believe you are outside of the out of the box workflow, you may need to create a custom workflow....

Reports are not being shown MM07

Current User, Web Services, CRM 4.0, Alert, Help!!
How can I alert the "Current User" in CRM 4.0, this code work in 3.0 but not in 4.0. Thanks!!! var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\">" + " <soap:Body>" + " <query xmlns:q1=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/Query\" xsi:type=\"q1:QueryEx...

Payroll Posting To GL #2
I have client with a payroll that posts to other companies. So we have several items that will get posted to the same account (i.e., SAL - 1390-100, FICA - 1390-100, FUTA 1390-100, SUTA 1390-100, etc.) However when I pull up the distribution it is lumping all those amounts onto one line. Is there a way to make this do individual transactions? -- TC ...

Saving Reports

Outlook 2007 won't open after updating itunes to 9.1
Hi Itunes updated today to version 9.1 and now whenever I open outlook it opens and then after about 8 seconds crashed with the 'outlook has stopped working'. I've tried doing a system restore to before the updated but the restore failed. What else can I do? Uninstall or disable itunes? Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins or HKEY_Current_user\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins and location the itunes addin and change the LoadBehavior value from 3 to 2 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook...

Can somebody tell me how to create uomschedules and UOM By CRM SDK
I can not use the following code to do this. Can somebody tell me how to do this? thanks! crmsdk.CreateRequest create = new crmsdk.CreateRequest(); crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM target = new crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM(); crmsdk.uom myuom = new crmsdk.uom(); // crmsdk.uomschedule myuomschedule = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.uomschedule(); myuom.name = name1; myuom.quantity = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.CrmDecimal(); myuom.quantity.Value = Convert.ToDecimal(1)...

Automatic Send/Receive doesn't work #2
I installed Outlook 2003 on my friend's computer (actually Office 2003) and all works well, except that he has to click "send/receive for him to receive any emails. It is set to do a send/receive every 5 minutes, as well as at exit Any ideas why this wouldn't work ? TIA JM It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In...

Decision on which version of CRM to purchase
I'm wondering if I can get some help making on a decision for CRM either from a technical expert or someone who has deployed this product. Our company is currently deliberating whether to buy the Small Business Server or Professional version of CRM. First some environment information. Our primary server is a Small Business Server 2003 Premium. Of course, this means it has a license for SQL 2000 (I have 2005 but not yet upgraded) and ISA 2004. As far as the hardware, a Dell PowerEdge 2800, two Xeon dual core 2 GHz processors, 4 gigabytes of RAM, 800 MHz front side bus and a RAID array wh...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Rounding time to nearest 1/4 hour
I am setting up a time schedule and need to calculate time served during a month. If I have: b1:b31 = begin time (cells formatted as hh:mm) c1:c31 = end time (cells formatted as hh:mm) d1:d31 = total time worked (formatted as hh:mm) Problem: how do I add d1:d31 to total time worked during month to look like hh.mm with minutes converted to 100 units per hour and displayed as quarter hours. B1 = 7:15 C1 = 12:15 D1 = 7.00 B2 = 7:15 C2 = 12:30 D2 = 7.25 B3 = 7:15 C3 = 12:45 D3 = 7.50 Total hours worked = 21.75 Given: Time is entered only in quarter hours as above. Examples: If tim...