Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'

Hi,

before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows
Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver
component"

i skip wiht the installation, so..
I can't run
http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer
show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running

How initialize that or what do i do?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9

<Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows
> sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver
> component"

See the following MSDN article:

   Troubleshooting a Side-by-Side Installation of Reporting Services
   and Windows SharePoint Services

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSinstall/h
tm/gs_installingrs_v1_9fdy.asp

--
Tao Yue
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Lucida Console;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
\par > before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows
\par > sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver
\par > component"
\par
\par
\par See the following MSDN article:
\par
\par    Troubleshooting a Side-by-Side Installation of Reporting Services
\par    and Windows SharePoint Services
\par      http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSinstall/htm/gs_installingrs_v1_9fdy.asp
\par
\par
\par --
\par Tao Yue
\par Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9--

0
taoyue

Z Report Customer Count vs Hourly Sales
My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. Thanks Your glass is: Half-Empty : Do folks at register forget to ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?" Half-Full: Your impulse items at POS are working -- better late than never! sammy wrote: > My Z report shows customer count of 380 and hourly sales total of > 384. Why the difference? This happens all the time. > Thanks -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Locally-Owned B...

Windows server 2000 strange crash
Hi, i have a strange problem in my network, 1 dc 2000 server which is also dhcp server and dns server ,and 1 member server 2003 acting as fileserver. When rebooting the dc, it will work properly. Running dcdiag and netdiag will not show any problems, all tests passing, no errors, no warnings. But after 14 hours (at night when nobodys working), the DC simple stops findind himself...running netdiag gives dc_list and ldap errors, dcdiag wont even run, gives just an error 31 with ldap. After this, i get replication errors, problems with connectivity, leading to server stop responding...

Show results in bold if a cell is in bold
Good morning, I have this sheet with some data and other one with results. The results are calculated with hlookup from the data. Data that changes weekly are introduced in bold. Is there any chance to show the results of the data in bold in bold as well. I mean, if the data is in bold, resulta must be in bold. If data is without format, must show without any format. I supposed we would need to use a macro. Is it possible? Thank you so much for you support Formulas don't bring back formatting. But maybe you could use a helper cell in the original worksheet that shows if th...

How to handle value-added services by third party vendors?
We're stumped on how to handle the following (i.e., issuing POs and accounting for the costs properly): 1. We normally stock & sell ItemA as individual units. 2. It was decided to bundle 3 ItemA's into one package & sell as ItemA-3. 3. We are going to purchase the ItemA's from VendorA, but have them drop shipped to VendorB to shrink wrap them in bundles of 3 for us. VendorB will then ship the shrink-wrapped bundles to our warehouse. We've come up with a plan for dealing with this, but it's very cumbersome. In a perfect GP world, how would one deal with this? T...

Mid Month Report
I am trying to produce my financial statements mid-month to allow myself to have a head start on how my company is performing up to that point in the month. As we are a little behind on our books sometimes, I usually want to review data up to the 15th of the month, but I wont have a chance to review the data until approx the 20th. Is there a way to specify the exact date you want to review data for in FRx? Or at least a way for me to review the data desired as per the situation described? Thanks Adam In the column layout you can enter date ranges on your financial co...

How do i show conditionality in a UML Sequence Diagram ?
Can someone give me an UML Sequence example (diagram or directions) that uses conditionality. That is display a logic that says: if a > b send a message1 from Object1 to Object2 else send anothermessage2 from Object1 to Object3. 10x in advance Eyal Kobrigo "Eyal Kobrigo" <Eyal Kobrigo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AFC9BDD-5CBC-4AE9-8E6B-1E4007BE0812@microsoft.com... > Can someone give me an UML Sequence example (diagram or directions) that > uses > conditionality. That is display a logic that says: if a > b send a > message1 > fro...

block owa on Back-end server?
Hi, I have setup a Front-End server with Exchange server 2003 and OWA works fun. Now i want to block OWA on the Back-End server (Exchange 2003). That means I just want our users log onto OWA with Front-End server IP address ( Http://front-end ip/exchange)and do not want users log onto the OWA with the Back-End server IP address (Http://Back-end ip/exchange). Could you tell me how to do it? Any idea or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Mike You could do this by limiting what identities the Default Web Site(or whatever web site OWA is under), on the back-end server, will answer for....

Mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server
I have implemented a policy to limit the mailbox size to 30000 K and implemented a 21 day Age Limit. However, 21 days has passed and the 30000 K limit has passed on more than 50% of our mailboxes. How can we enforce this policy to work properly and clean out the mailboxes to bring this down to 30 K. The policy I have created is running and reporting is enabled.It is configured for report only, but I would like this to change to "Move to deleted items folder". However, since nothing seems to happen as of yet...I am hesitant to make the change until I can see a change and tha...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Page Orientation for multipage report
I am working on an application in where i have a 2-page report that requires the front page to be landscape and the back page to be portrait. Is there anyway to perform this task? I want to be able to print it two sided. I may be able to try a solution that will allow me to create the back page in landscape provided that When i print it it appears to be Portrait. The back page contains many label and one section with text boxes populated by remarks entries. If there is a way to rotate the dynamic portion of the report, I think I can rotate the labels and try that. Or is there a wa...

Print Preview only shows in Grey Scale
Hi There, I just got finished creating my letter head in MS Publisher 2003 and when I went to preview it using Print Preview it only shows in Grey Scale. How do I view it in color? Thanks! Does it print in color? Do your other publications show color in print preview? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6dd401c42f4f$73c41a50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi There, > > I just got finished creating my letter hea...

A line showes up in print that is not on the screen in publisher.
I can't find it to remove it on screen, seems like a text box line. How do I deleate it? What version Publisher are you using? The line could be behind something else on your page. You could be experiencing printer driver problems. Look into an upgraded driver. Select all on your page, do you see the line segment? If you cannot see the line to delete it, open another instance of Publisher and copy/paste each of your objects into the new publication. Some corruption may be going on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micros...

ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? #2
I need to fine out how to save a hml workbook onto my website do I need to use ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? Kosta ...

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition license
Hi We are using SQL Server Express Edition in one ASP .NET web application which will go live and accessed by users situated at different locations. Number of concurrent users and database size of the application is well within the specified limit of SQL Express server. I am concerned about the licensing cost of SQL Server. I understand Express edition is free. Wanted to confirm that use of SQL Server Express edition will be free? Thank you Shailesh Shailesh Yes , it is free and I hope it will "Shailesh" <Shailesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...

IIS & Exchange: 2 x SMTP server?
Hi, We have IIS and Exchange running on IIS. The server was accepting incoming SMTP but the message were not stored in Exchange, also some configured domains were not accepted. In IIS and Exchange there is a configuration for SMTP and we suspected that the IIS SMTP got the incoming calls and handled it. We changed the port number of SMTP in Exchange to 8025 and as we thought a telnet session to 25 accepted mails (but not stored in Exchange), when connected to port 8025 mail was stored exchange and other domains were accepted. We tried to stop the smtp server in IIS but at every restart the...

Exchange 2000 - Additional Server
Hi We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2 subnets. On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000, which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000. We have approx 25 users at each site. I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc. We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server they use. I am thinking maybe we coul...

How to install software on a terminal server/use microsoft office through RDP
My boss is asking me to figure this out, so I do not know all the configurations he is using. I can tell you its Windows server 2k3. He wants to be able to RDP to server, and work physically on the server. He also needs to have office 2003 license installed. So the greater question is "how to use ms office 2k3 through RDP on microsoft 2003 server?" -- jgosney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jgosney's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159717.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1277...

Is anyone on here with DVS Reporter???
Hi, I work at this german firm now and they use the DVS Reporter as a add-in in Excel. I have never used this before in the US. Do you kno whether there is some kind of support forum for it? Thanks, Mari -- marias ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3172 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51680 ...

How to show debug messages from MFC application on command line?
Hi all, I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). I tried to call cout << "some text" << endl; but it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. >I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). Bob, For the latter, use OutputDebugString. Dave >>I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >>commandline (or better in t...

Report OrderBy Not Working
Using Access 2007, I have a fairly simple report, with one group. In the detail section for some reason it will only sort on one column. The group sorts properly and I have the feeling the Group Level is in conflict with the OrderBy. Any ideas? Never mind. My bad. It's working. I was looking at the data wrong! "John Lane" wrote: > Using Access 2007, I have a fairly simple report, with one group. In the > detail section for some reason it will only sort on one column. The group > sorts properly and I have the feeling the Group Level is in conflict with t...

Sys table Query to Obtain List of Queries used in Reports
Is it possible to query the Access 2007 Sys tables to obtain a list of which queries are used in which reports? Thanks, Brad If you've named your queries according to their functionality it is easy. To get a list of queries from the system table use: SELECT Name, DateCreate, DateUpdate FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((MSysObjects.Name) Not Like "MSys*") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=5)); The quewry has no idea where it will be used so there isn't any way for it to give you that information. The recordsource is in code or it's name is stored with the form or repo...

Report sorting 04-25-07
I have a table which has a column of text with numbers. ie; S976S, or S934L. The leading letter never changes. I have now had to go to four numerical digits but it does not sort right. If I add a leading zero, how would I do the sort? one method would be to use calculated fields for the sort Left(YourField,1) Val(Mid(YourField,2)) YourField Another would be to build your sort field as follows Assumption: your field is one letter followed by a three or four digit number followed by one letter Left(YourField,1) & Format(Val(Mid(YourField,2)),"0000") & Right(YourField,1)...

Formula bar not showing up again
I am still not able to display the formula bar. Is my only hope to reinstall Excel? When I first ran Excel from a cold start, O was able to get a workbook with now problem. The Standard tool bar showed up on screen. The View menu item Formula Bar is present. Clicking on it has no apparent effect on the display, but I can toggle the check mark next to Formula Bar in the View menu. The checked status is remembered in Excel preferences. Can anyone suggest what to do next? Bill -- Most people go to college to get their missing high school education. Not sure if this will help: http:...

Pivot Table Shows Only Zeros
My pivot table displays zeros instead of numbers. I have tried re-formatting the numbers to "General" and "Number" and "Text". I have tried changing "Count" to "Sum". I can see the correct numbers in the spreadsheet but not in the pivot table. Please advise. DOUG ECKERT Changing the format of a cell doesn't change the value. If your data is in A2:A99, then try this in two empty cells: =counta(a2:a99) and =count(a2:a99) =counta() will count the number of cells that have something in them. =count() will count the nu...