Report Error - for a single user.

Hi all,

any ideas on this....

We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users
except one !

When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
found.

I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked
that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Ian

0
Ian
11/7/2007 11:29:17 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Ian,

Does she have problem with this report only or this happens to her
other reports as well?

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Nov 7, 5:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> any ideas on this....
>
> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users
> except one !
>
> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
> found.
>
> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked
> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian

0
Darren
11/7/2007 3:54:08 PM
Ian,

I was pulling my hair out a few months ago when a single user was having
problems with Reports, despite being a member of the same groups as everyone
else.  I ended up resolving the issue by explicitly adding her domain login
to the approved logins for the CRM database with just basic db_datareader
permissions.  Once I did that, she was able to run reports fine.  Here's the
kicker... out of curiosity, I removed her login afterwards and it still
worked for her.  Go figure.

"Ian Kelsall" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> any ideas on this....
>
> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users
> except one !
>
> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
> found.
>
> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked
> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian

Hi Darren,

on further testing, she cant run any reports at all. For example when she
tries to run the standard sales pipeline report she gets the following:
Reporting Services Error

  a.. The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to
false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or
contains an empty string. (rsProcessingError) Get Online Help

Microsoft Reporting Services

Any idea what this means ?

Ian

"Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ian,
>
> Does she have problem with this report only or this happens to her
> other reports as well?
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> On Nov 7, 5:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> any ideas on this....
>>
>> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all
>> users
>> except one !
>>
>> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
>> found.
>>
>> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and
>> checked
>> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ian

0
Ian
11/7/2007 5:15:28 PM
Chad,

thanks for that - unfortunately this didnt work for me. I added her in SQL
as db_datareader but she still cant run reports.

Ian
"Chad" <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ian,
>
> I was pulling my hair out a few months ago when a single user was having
> problems with Reports, despite being a member of the same groups as
> everyone
> else.  I ended up resolving the issue by explicitly adding her domain
> login
> to the approved logins for the CRM database with just basic db_datareader
> permissions.  Once I did that, she was able to run reports fine.  Here's
> the
> kicker... out of curiosity, I removed her login afterwards and it still
> worked for her.  Go figure.
>
> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> any ideas on this....
>>
>> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all
>> users
>> except one !
>>
>> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
>> found.
>>
>> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and
>> checked
>> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ian

0
Ian
11/8/2007 10:29:52 AM
Hi Ian,

Did she access report using the URL for the IP address? If she using
the IP address. Kerbero don't work with IP, she need to use the url to
access CRM. Also please check her IE setting with the other users,
make sure it's the same, IE might block the authentication pass to the
CRM server.

On Nov 8, 4:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
> Chad,
>
> thanks for that - unfortunately this didnt work for me. I added her in SQL
> as db_datareader but she still cant run reports.
>
> Ian"Chad" <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Ian,
>
> > I was pulling my hair out a few months ago when a single user was having
> > problems with Reports, despite being a member of the same groups as
> > everyone
> > else.  I ended up resolving the issue by explicitly adding her domain
> > login
> > to the approved logins for the CRM database with just basic db_datareader
> > permissions.  Once I did that, she was able to run reports fine.  Here's
> > the
> > kicker... out of curiosity, I removed her login afterwards and it still
> > worked for her.  Go figure.
>
> > "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
> >> Hi all,
>
> >> any ideas on this....
>
> >> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all
> >> users
> >> except one !
>
> >> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
> >> found.
>
> >> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and
> >> checked
> >> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>
> >> Any help would be appreciated
>
> >> Thanks
>
> >> Ian- Hide quoted text -

Darren
11/8/2007 2:57:46 PM
Hi darren,

she is just using the report buttons inside CRM.

She always starts CRM with a shortcut which is http://crmservername (not IP)
so I am assuming the report will use the same URL.

> Hi Ian,
>
> Did she access report using the URL for the IP address? If she using
> the IP address. Kerbero don't work with IP, she need to use the url to
> access CRM. Also please check her IE setting with the other users,
> make sure it's the same, IE might block the authentication pass to the
> CRM server.
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> On Nov 8, 4:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
>> Chad,
>>
>> thanks for that - unfortunately this didnt work for me. I added her in
>> SQL
>> as db_datareader but she still cant run reports.
>>
>> Ian"Chad" <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Ian,
>>
>> > I was pulling my hair out a few months ago when a single user was
>> > having
>> > problems with Reports, despite being a member of the same groups as
>> > everyone
>> > else.  I ended up resolving the issue by explicitly adding her domain
>> > login
>> > to the approved logins for the CRM database with just basic
>> > db_datareader
>> > permissions.  Once I did that, she was able to run reports fine.
>> > Here's
>> > the
>> > kicker... out of curiosity, I removed her login afterwards and it still
>> > worked for her.  Go figure.

Ian
11/8/2007 5:09:13 PM
Still trying to solve this if anyone has an idea ?

"Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message
> Hi darren,
>
> she is just using the report buttons inside CRM.
>
> She always starts CRM with a shortcut which is http://crmservername (not
> IP) so I am assuming the report will use the same URL.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian
>
> "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> Did she access report using the URL for the IP address? If she using
>> the IP address. Kerbero don't work with IP, she need to use the url to
>> access CRM. Also please check her IE setting with the other users,
>> make sure it's the same, IE might block the authentication pass to the
>> CRM server.
>>
>> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
>> http://www.crowecrm.com
>>

>> On Nov 8, 4:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
>>> Chad,
>>>
>>> thanks for that - unfortunately this didnt work for me. I added her in
>>> SQL
>>> as db_datareader but she still cant run reports.
>>>
>>> Ian"Chad" <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ian
11/12/2007 7:08:53 PM
Hi Ian K.

Still trying to solve this?

Can this user run the report when accessing directly the ReportServer?

Is this users privilege (roles) has access (at least read) to the entity
being accessed in the Sub-report? This could eventually be the problem.

Try giving this user the same roles as of the users that can run the report.

Regards,
Ian S.

"Ian Kelsall" wrote:

> Still trying to solve this if anyone has an idea ?
>
> "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message
> > Hi darren,
> >
> > she is just using the report buttons inside CRM.
> >
> > She always starts CRM with a shortcut which is http://crmservername (not
> > IP) so I am assuming the report will use the same URL.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ian
> >
> > "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Ian,
> >>
> >> Did she access report using the URL for the IP address? If she using
> >> the IP address. Kerbero don't work with IP, she need to use the url to
> >> access CRM. Also please check her IE setting with the other users,
> >> make sure it's the same, IE might block the authentication pass to the
> >> CRM server.
> >>
> >> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> >> http://www.crowecrm.com

IanSalgado (22)
1/8/2008 10:08:00 AM
Yep - still trying to solve it.

We are down to the fact that it must be something to do with her windows
profile - so we are about to try deleting that and giving her a clean
profile.

She does have complete access to all the data in the report - in fact she
created it all so it cant be a rights issue.

In fact she cant run any reports at all - even something simple like an
account summary for one of her accounts.

Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Ian

"Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ian K.
>
> Still trying to solve this?
>
> Can this user run the report when accessing directly the ReportServer?
>
> Is this users privilege (roles) has access (at least read) to the entity
> being accessed in the Sub-report? This could eventually be the problem.
>
> Try giving this user the same roles as of the users that can run the
> report.
>
> Regards,
> Ian S.
>
> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
>> Still trying to solve this if anyone has an idea ?
>>
>> "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi darren,
>> >
>> > she is just using the report buttons inside CRM.
>> >
>> > She always starts CRM with a shortcut which is http://crmservername
>> > (not
>> > IP) so I am assuming the report will use the same URL.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Ian
>> >
>> > "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message

Hi Ian K.

Wait! Before deleting (I suggest disabling) the User profile in AD, make
sure you remove the CRM Users license and assign it to another user first.

If this user can create records then it should not be an AD problem, right?
This could be RS settings after all :) She can't access the reports in CRM
and in the Report server also?

Try checking in the Report Server if this particular users has a Browser for
CRM

Have you tried trying to give this particular user the Administrator role
for testing purposes?

privilege.

Regards,
Ian S.

"Ian Kelsall" wrote:

> Yep - still trying to solve it.
>
> We are down to the fact that it must be something to do with her windows
> profile - so we are about to try deleting that and giving her a clean
> profile.
>
> She does have complete access to all the data in the report - in fact she
> created it all so it cant be a rights issue.
>
> In fact she cant run any reports at all - even something simple like an
> account summary for one of her accounts.
>
> Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian
>

> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ian K.
> >
> > Still trying to solve this?
> >
> > Can this user run the report when accessing directly the ReportServer?
> >
> > Is this users privilege (roles) has access (at least read) to the entity
> > being accessed in the Sub-report? This could eventually be the problem.
> >
> > Try giving this user the same roles as of the users that can run the
> > report.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ian S.
> >
> > "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
> >
> >> Still trying to solve this if anyone has an idea ?
> >>
> >> "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message

IanSalgado (22)
1/10/2008 9:26:01 AM
Hi Ian S,

appreciate the feedback...

When she points the browser to http:\\servername\reports - all she sees is
the Home page - but nothing is listed. This is exactly the same for any
other user who can run reprts normally from inside CRM.

I dont believe this relates to a particular report or sub report. If she
runs a standard Account overview, she gets an error...

The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false.

If I add here to the Admin group, she still has the same problem - a
CRM-locale error comes up after hitting run..

Ian K.

> Hi Ian K.
>
> Wait! Before deleting (I suggest disabling) the User profile in AD, make
> sure you remove the CRM Users license and assign it to another user first.
>
> If this user can create records then it should not be an AD problem,
> right?
> This could be RS settings after all :) She can't access the reports in CRM
> and in the Report server also?
>
> Try checking in the Report Server if this particular users has a Browser
> for
> CRM
>
> Have you tried trying to give this particular user the Administrator role
> for testing purposes?
>
> privilege.
>
> Regards,
> Ian S.
>
> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
>> Yep - still trying to solve it.
>>
>> We are down to the fact that it must be something to do with her windows
>> profile - so we are about to try deleting that and giving her a clean
>> profile.
>>
>> She does have complete access to all the data in the report - in fact she
>> created it all so it cant be a rights issue.
>>
>> In fact she cant run any reports at all - even something simple like an
>> account summary for one of her accounts.
>>
>> Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ian
>>

>> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Ian K.
>> >
>> > Still trying to solve this?
>> >
>> > Can this user run the report when accessing directly the ReportServer?
>> >
>> > Is this users privilege (roles) has access (at least read) to the
>> > entity
>> > being accessed in the Sub-report? This could eventually be the problem.
>> >
>> > Try giving this user the same roles as of the users that can run the
>> > report.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Ian S.

Hi Ian K.

Try checking this KB link for your particular error.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927021 I suggest you do Resolution 2 first
before any other things.

Hope this would eventually fix your problem :)

HTH
Ian S.

"Ian Kelsall" wrote:

> Hi Ian S,
>
> appreciate the feedback...
>
> When she points the browser to http:\\servername\reports - all she sees is
> the Home page - but nothing is listed. This is exactly the same for any
> other user who can run reprts normally from inside CRM.
>
> I dont believe this relates to a particular report or sub report. If she
> runs a standard Account overview, she gets an error...
>
> The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false.
>
> If I add here to the Admin group, she still has the same problem - a
> CRM-locale error comes up after hitting run..
>
> Ian K.
>
> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ian K.
> >
> > Wait! Before deleting (I suggest disabling) the User profile in AD, make
> > sure you remove the CRM Users license and assign it to another user first.
> >
> > If this user can create records then it should not be an AD problem,
> > right?
> > This could be RS settings after all :) She can't access the reports in CRM
> > and in the Report server also?
> >
> > Try checking in the Report Server if this particular users has a Browser
> > for
> > CRM
> >
> > Have you tried trying to give this particular user the Administrator role
> > for testing purposes?
> >
> > privilege.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ian S.
> >
> > "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
> >
> >> Yep - still trying to solve it.
> >>
> >> We are down to the fact that it must be something to do with her windows
> >> profile - so we are about to try deleting that and giving her a clean
> >> profile.
> >>
> >> She does have complete access to all the data in the report - in fact she
> >> created it all so it cant be a rights issue.
> >>
> >> In fact she cant run any reports at all - even something simple like an
> >> account summary for one of her accounts.
> >>
> >> Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Ian
> >>

> >> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

IanSalgado (22)
1/11/2008 3:24:19 AM
Hi ian S,

I looked at this KB a while ago - sure I tried that but will go check
anyway.

Thanks

Ian K
> Hi Ian K.
>
> Try checking this KB link for your particular error.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927021 I suggest you do Resolution 2 first
> before any other things.
>
> Hope this would eventually fix your problem :)
>
> HTH
> Ian S.
>
> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
>> Hi Ian S,
>>
>> appreciate the feedback...
>>
>> When she points the browser to http:\\servername\reports - all she sees
>> is
>> the Home page - but nothing is listed. This is exactly the same for any
>> other user who can run reprts normally from inside CRM.
>>
>> I dont believe this relates to a particular report or sub report. If she
>> runs a standard Account overview, she gets an error...
>>
>> The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false.
>>
>> If I add here to the Admin group, she still has the same problem - a
>> CRM-locale error comes up after hitting run..
>>
>> Ian K.
>>
>> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Ian K.
>> >
>> > Wait! Before deleting (I suggest disabling) the User profile in AD,
>> > make
>> > sure you remove the CRM Users license and assign it to another user
>> > first.
>> >
>> > If this user can create records then it should not be an AD problem,
>> > right?
>> > This could be RS settings after all :) She can't access the reports in
>> > CRM
>> > and in the Report server also?
>> >
>> > Try checking in the Report Server if this particular users has a
>> > Browser
>> > for
>> > CRM
>> >
>> > Have you tried trying to give this particular user the Administrator
>> > role
>> > for testing purposes?
>> >
>> > privilege.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Ian S.

Just in case anyone else has this issue - we finally resolved it.

The user in question had an identical domain name to a pervious CRM user.

Some time ago a user who left the company had been deleted from AD - but the
user record was still in the CRM database.

A new user joined later and was given an identical domain name - so there
were 2 records in the CRM database with identical dn's.

Once we cleaned up the user could run reports OK.

Just odd that she could do everything else OK - just the reports failed for
her !

Thanks

Ian

> Hi ian S,
>
> I looked at this KB a while ago - sure I tried that but will go check
> anyway.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian K
> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Ian K.
>>
>> Try checking this KB link for your particular error.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927021 I suggest you do Resolution 2
>> first
>> before any other things.
>>
>> Hope this would eventually fix your problem :)
>>
>> HTH
>> Ian S.
>>
>> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ian S,
>>>
>>> appreciate the feedback...
>>>
>>> When she points the browser to http:\\servername\reports - all she sees
>>> is
>>> the Home page - but nothing is listed. This is exactly the same for any
>>> other user who can run reprts normally from inside CRM.
>>>
>>> I dont believe this relates to a particular report or sub report. If she
>>> runs a standard Account overview, she gets an error...
>>>
>>> The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to
>>> false.
>>>
>>> If I add here to the Admin group, she still has the same problem - a
>>> CRM-locale error comes up after hitting run..
>>>
>>> Ian K.
>>>
>>> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Need more Reports

Access "Write Conflict" Error -- record changed by another user
A table with 2 fields in which the data are correlated (but not coupled) are populated by ComboBoxes with sources from a separate table with the correlated information in the same records. Specifically, Company Name and Stock symbol. The form used to enter and edit information in the master table allows the selection of unrelated Company Name and Stock Symbol. Using a RecordSet, ToDo Loop, and an UPDATE query, I have "sort of" accomplished the job. Changing the selection of the Company Name generates the above error message. Clicking the "Drop Changes" button pr...

Any Dex2Net users out there?
Just wondering how that package has worked, and how much of GP/Dexterity is "exposed" in the namespaces made available. It would be nice to know such things as "what users have permissions to this/that modified report/window", et al. You can download a demo movie and spec sheet from the Encore web site on the DexToNet product. It's pretty interesting. While I'm not affiliated with Encore, just looking at those and the demo that Encore gave some of us at MBS: > Just wondering how that package has worked, and how much of Seems pretty interesting from a .NET i...

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart types"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message=20 "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a = different chart types" keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out? thank you regards kh ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

eXtender SOP Reports

Installing CRM 1.2 error
I am installing CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 vertual server with SQL2005 using an existing database. I get an error after selecting the existing database: Microsoft CRM Setup could not finr a valid organisation on the specified database. You need to have at least one organisation before installing Microsoft CRM. Microsoft CRM 1.2 does not work with SQL Server 2005. SQL Server 2005 is supported for Microsoft CRM 3.0 Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Kryton" wrote: > I am installing CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 vertual server with SQL2005 using an > existing...

Error searching an additional mailbox
Greetings, I have several users, who, in addition to their own mailbox, mount a second mailbox for storage of certain emails. Recently, several of these users have tried to do searchs on one of the folders in that mailbox and receive a dialog box stating There are too many Find Public Folders dialogs open. You must close them in order to use the Advanced Find. Do you want to close them now? These are all Outlook 2002 users running against an Exchane 5.5 server. Anyone seen this problem before? K ...

Current User, Web Services, CRM 4.0, Alert, Help!!
How can I alert the "Current User" in CRM 4.0, this code work in 3.0 but not in 4.0. Thanks!!! var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\">" + " <soap:Body>" + " <query xmlns:q1=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/Query\" xsi:type=\"q1:QueryEx...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

Exchange
Hi, I would like to send e-mail with a lot of users, maybe more than 10.000 (partner list). Is there any users limit recepient in Exchange 2003 or any default number of users in BCC field? Thnx. Yes, there are limits. Look around on the properties of your Default SMTP Virtual Server and you should be able to figure out what your limits are set at. You also may want to take a look under your Global Settings, Message Delivery properties. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Dan" ...

Crashes, "error log has been created"
Running Outlook 2000, Windows 2000. It crashes multiple times/day, taking down my box. The error message flashes too fast, but it does say an error log has been created before it goes away. Any ideas? Any ideas where to access the error log? thx, tj ...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

VC6 -> VC2003 STL compiler error
Hello, I'm having problems porting STL to VC2003. If anyone could please help me convert this code that compiles fine with VC6 to compile with VC2003, I'd be grateful: class StrBuffer: private std::vector<_TCHAR> { typedef std::vector<_TCHAR> Base; public: LPTSTR operator&() { return Base::begin(); // <-- compiler error // The above line's error is: // error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'std::vector<_Ty>::iterator *' to 'LPTSTR' // with // [ // _T...

Access to other users mailbox
Hope somebody can help We have recently upgraded server & exchange from 2000 to 2003 versions, are using outlook xp clients. We have one generic mailbox that several users have rights to so the contents can be checked, discarded, acted apon etc. We used to be able to forward an email from this maibox to another user, however since the upgrade we get a 'You do not have permission to send to this recipient' when we try this. No rights were altered during the upgrade, so I have no idea why this happens. Any Ideas ? TIA Frank H Found it >-----Original Message----- >H...