Replacing data in multiple records

I have a field that needs to be changed in multiple records - how do I do
that?  Goldmine had the Globally Replace option - is there something similar
in CRM?
--
TWhelan
0

Not globally, but you can select multiple records in a view and select Edit
from the More Actions toolbar button. It allows you to change one ore more
field values of all selected items.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2

"TWhelan" <TWhelan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have a field that needs to be changed in multiple records - how do I do
> that?  Goldmine had the Globally Replace option - is there something
> similar
> in CRM?
> --
> TWhelan

selecting data from a database
I'll try my best to explain what i I want to do.... I have a databse that contains a list of times recorded by athletes over various distances. I would like ot be able to run a macro that compiles a report by selecting personal best times by athletes name for the various distances. the database is continually added to, athletes times are constantly updated so refencing specific cells is not feasible. I currently sort the database by name, distance, best time for that distance so I can see an athletes history but need a method to extract the best times for each discipl...

Data amalgamation
I have a table of data, including columns for date, a code indicatin data source, and various analysis under headings. As follows: Date Source A B C 1/1/01 X 2 4 8 15/3/01 X 3 5 7 16/6/02 Y 12 1 9 I want a summary table that is driven by a (variable) date range amalgamating data by source and A,B,C. As follows: X Y Z Pre 30/6/01 - A 5 0 0 - B 9 0 0 - C 15 0 0 Post 30/6/01 - A ...

Validate for Null value for multiple column
I have requirement to validate for Null value which compares Column A & B entry in excel sheet. I have tried by setting IgnoreBlank = False, but no success. How do I validate for Null value in either Column A 0r B. url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1027-1.aspx ...

Changing ODBC Data Sources
All: I have an Excel 2002 workbook with a lot of sheets. Each of those connect to a table in a specific access 2000 database. I had to recreate the access database due to a hole in the security. I had to create a new workgroup file and a new .mdb. I have used the same name for the .mdb file, but a different one for the ..mdw file (it had a typo in it). Useless to say that now none of the sheets is refreshing the data and to manually change all of them is a mess. Is there any way I could change the reference to this new .mdw and .mdb file in order to avoid doing the queries again one ...

newbie Question: Data exchange between Dialog and my own data structure
HI, I'm designing a program which has many CDialog(as docking control bar) and user data structures. I want to do some data exchange on those. For example: //================================================================== class CConfigDlg : public CDialog { .... //many common control such as CEdit... } class CMyData{ .... //many data members... } //================================================================== When I initialize the dialog, or some data hase changed in working thread,I want to update UI in using UpdateData(false); When I made some modification on the UI control...

duplicated data
I've a bunch of names and membership code of my fellow home makers...So how do I run a clean up of all the duplicated names? I really don't want to go blurry eyed trying to clean up manually THANX!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Take a look at data>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "a_evie" <a_evie.v9on0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:a_evie.v9on0@...

Export data from tables to Excel
Hi I want help on exporting data from tables to Excel. Im using a form with a command button when button is pressed i want all the data on the form to goto an Excel spreadsheet but i want the spreadsheet to auto save with the primary key as the file name. Thank you Andy Andy, you can use a macro with transfer spreadsheet. In the macro you specify the name for the new file. It is auto saved. Jeanette Cunningham "Andysc" <u41622@uwe> wrote in message news:803b29d5bc08a@uwe... > Hi > I want help on exporting data from tables to Excel. > Im using a form with a comma...

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

Count with difficult/multiple citeria
Hi, I have a complicated question for help. I hope that I make it sound ok. First thing to remember is that this sheet is linked to another, which is in-turn link to another...ive been filtering data! so what i have is: >From B3:B200 a list of brands >From column F2 to to Z2 I have a list of shop names and then their respective sales in F3:Z200 What I want is for it to idenitfy where there are only sales in one store (so where there are it will say one)...that is easy I can do that! but the next bit is where I am stuck. The brands can be the same, so there could be more tha...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

proper procedure to record monthly stock purchase?
I have an amount set up in bills and deposits to show an amount for myself and my wife to invest monthly. When Wells downloads the transaction, I have to match it to the automatic bill, then figure out the price that day, then clear it from my checking account. It seems like more steps than necessary. Is there a better way to set this up? Thank you. I"m look 4 better way to trim townails. >-----Original Message----- >I have an amount set up in bills and deposits to show an amount for myself >and my wife to invest monthly. When Wells downloads the transaction, I have >to ...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

Requesting data from Servers
This problem just started recently. "Requesting Data from Server" Machine running outlook 2000 Are you on an exchange server? "BJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ab001c3f494$88bb4fa0$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > This problem just started recently. "Requesting Data from > Server" Machine running outlook 2000 >-----Original Message----- >Are you on an exchange server? > >"BJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:0ab001c3f494$88bb4fa0$3a01280a@phx.gbl... >> This pr...

retroactive deferral data to GL
Posting a Sales Retroactive Deferral does not populate the same columns in GL as if it were posted from Sales directly. This would be helpful for users and reports to have the data the same, regardless of it was retroactively entered or not. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Source Data / Series
I have 8 charts in one of my workbooks in one of my files. Every month, I change the source data (series) to include the most recent month for all of the series within the chart. For example, I change: {from} =Sheet1!$V$18:$V$600 { to } =Sheet1!$V$18:$V$650 Here is the dilemma: WHEN I AM FINISHED CHANGING ALL THE SERIES IN THE CHART, I PRESS 'OKAY'. Instead of my cursor remaining where it was before I edited the chart, i.e. somewhere near the chart, THE CURSOR JUMPS TO THE BEGINNING OF THE WO...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

Word Mail Merge with Excel Data--Missing Data
I have created a mail merge document in Word2002, using Excel2002 for m data source. When I merge the document, some of my fields hav incomplete data. The only records affected are those where the dat from the Excel fields is fairly long. Only about 200 characters wil show up on the Word doc. I am not exceeding any limits in my Exce fields. I've tried everything I know to do, but can't get this one t budge. Any suggestions are welcome -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following posts by Word MVP, Cindy Meister, may help you: http://groups.google.com/grou...

New record dosn't work?
The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond when I click on it. What have done wrong? Using Access 2007. On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:22:01 -0800, Keyman65 <Keyman65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You may have a query that is not-updatable. That is pretty normal for complex queries and certain classes of queries such as GroupBy and Union queries that are never updatable. Sometimes DISTINCTROW will make a query updatable. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond &...

how do I print data in a spreadsheet data base to a mailing lable.
I would lik eto take the data from a customer data base in Excell and print each customers information on a mailing lable can this be done? should I use Access? if it can be done please help me. I currently am using Microsoft Office 2000 You could use Word's mail merge feature to create the mailing labels. There's mail merge information on the Word MVP site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm And David McRitchie has instructions on his web site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm Kevin Jamieson wrote: > I would lik eto ...

simple question: to update the record in a table that is not the current datasource...
I suspect, I'm in the right church, but the wrong pew... I want to update a table, which is not the record source for the current form, when the value of a combobox [cboPresetOption] on the current form is changed. the table [tbeFixtureSchedulePrintOptions] which contains the fields to be updated has only (1) record I've got the code below written, but the record is not updatin; and I suspect I have a simple error, but am blind to it at this particular moment... thanks in advance, -mark --------------------------------------------- Private Sub cboPresetOption_Cha...

Add an option to choose multiple choices for a list/drop down.
I need to be able to assign multiple choices for a particular record. As an example: I need to select which brands a store carries for marketing reasons from my list of all potential brands I would select "Nike", "Addidas", "New Balance" but not include "RBK", ... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

Selective Replace in Search and Replace
I need to search and replace in a large document. I don't want to replace the entire search term/expression just part of it. In this case I am searching for a paragraph return followed by any letter (not digit) and then want to change that to paragraph/tab but keep the letter. The search looks like this ^p^$ but naturally if replace is ^p^t I lose the first letter of the text string which I don't want How can I construct either search and replace so that ^p Alexander turns into ^p ^tAlexander and not ^p ^tlexander Thanks in a...

Summing Data
I have an Excel Worksheet includes travel costs by employee by type of expense. These expense is allocate to cost centers based on the time each employee spends in the cost center. The worksheet lay out is: Col A Col B Col C Col E Col F Col G Col H Col I Employee Type of Exp Total exp 10-510 10-550 50-510 81-510 90-550 John Doe 5523 $500 $250 $50 $100 $0 $100 John Doe 5524 $250 $125 $25 $ 50 $0 $ 50 Mary Doe 5524 $...

Rules
I use Outlook 2002 in a corporate environment. In addition to my personal work mailbox, I also have a group mailbox that I check. Since this secondary mailbox is heavily trafficed, is there a way I can get my rules to apply to this mailbox? It seems as though the rules I create only effect my primary mailbox. Thanks a ton. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...