Replace default CRM form with custom form

I have developed a custom form to represent a custom CRM entity. I
would like to load that form when the user double-clicks a record from
the lookup list in CRM. I'm pretty sure I do this either in the
isv.config file or sitemap.xml file. I've setup both to load this form
from either a button or from the Navbar, but neither of these will
attach the proper GUID for the record the user wants to open. So can
you trigger a custom form to load in place of the default one that CRM
creates? Thanks for your assistance.

Paul

0
thedarrows
9/12/2006 2:49:21 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

windows forms
I have a button next to a text box when i click the button i show a Datagridview there is a button on the datagridview window so the user can click button or press the Alt+S &Select lablel on the button when the button is clicked it selects the data closes the window Fills the textbox with the data selected and i Senkey.Send{"{TAB") to leave the text box this works.....what does not work is when the User Presses the Alt+s key while in the Datagridview window it enters the button click event as if the button was pressed...but never leaves the Text box Thanks D...

CRM Emailing and Flags
In Outlook if I create a message to someone I can flag it for Followup by clicking on the little red flag. I can set this to a future date, so then if I haven't heard from them, I am reminded to call them. This works great in Outlook. If I click on CRM Email while in Outlook and compose a message, this screen also allows me to click on the flag and set a followup reminder. I can set it for any date, any time. The problem is that when that time comes it doesn't do anything. No Reminder is display, no task created, no nothing. Basically it doesn't appear to work. Has anyone e...

Setting replies as a default other than to sender address, rather than manually?
Today is the last day of my contract, just out of curiousity, is there a way to change the "reply to" as a default? I'm going to try to remember at the end of the day when I send my last emails from a place of work to friends and family, to each time go in and change the "reply to" to my home email but I'd like to change it "permanently" at that time to make it one less thing to have to think about. Can this be done? [I'm not concerned with settings after that, as my account will be de-activated so no worries if I forget to change it back. <g&...

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

NEWBIE to ACCESS help with forms
Hi, I am looking to have a form, With 1 combo boxes (telephone), and the rest text boxes. I want to be able to select a telephone number and have the other 2 boxes shows the associated firstname and last name so for example.. I have a table with 3 fields telephone first name last name Additionally IF POSSIBLE would want to be able to choose a last name, and it show the telephone and first name associated Access 2003 Thanks in advance When you create a combo box using the wizard, it gives you two options: Save the combo box selection to a field or Look up a record using the combo ...

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

Want to learn about CRM 4.0?
If you want to learn and and get the latest information for CRM 4.0, please visit the Crowe CRM 4.0 blog. We have a great CRM team and we are going to post information related to CRM 4.0 weekly. We already posted information related to Multiple User Lookups on a Form, Duplicate Detection, Data Import Tool, etc... To visit the Crowe CRM blog, please go to the following link: http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm Darren Liu, CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm Hi Darren, I have downloaded the "what is new in CRM 4.0&...

Merging to Custom Postcard
I would like to merge a list of names in an Excel Spreadsheet to a custom postcard. The postcard is 3 to a page. The merge part works fine, except that it is filling in the information only on the top post card, so instead of printing 99 names on 33 pages, it would print 99 pages. How do I make it go to the next text box on my custom postcard? The page set up shows it as a single page. I don't know how to make it "see" three separate cards on the page I am using Publisher version 2002 and Windows XP. When you merge you will only see one card on your screen. Setup up your ...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Modifying the Default GAB view
Hello, Is there a way to modify the default Global Address Book at the server level in Exchange 2003? Thanks What do you mean modify it at the server level? You can alter the filter to apply to just those mailboxes on any given server, if that's what you mean. Be more specific. Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "CB" <chadb@dentistryonline.com> wrote in message news:OQISiUQaEHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP09....

Saving Form as Report in ADP
Does anyone know how to save a Form as a Report in an Access ADP. Apparently this process is straightforward in an mdb as you right click on the form and save to report (the wizard does the rest). But this option is not present in my ADP version. Any thoughts? I don't use ADPs any more because it's just easier to use an MDB, even with SQL-Server. The best advice I can give you is to open an empty report in Design View and do the same for the form, Select all the controls on the form, copy them, and paste them onto the report. Not quite as clean or easy as right-click...

Default Calendar Permisions
Hello, I'm looking for a way to share every mailbox's calendar so that the default users has reviewer privileges. I know how to do it through Outlook, but getting every user (like me) to do it will be impossible. Any thoughts on default privileges, or a policy, or... something? Thanks Much There are solutions to do this here: http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm Note that SetPerm is free. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Erin0" <erin0@comcastremovethis.andthis.nottomentionthis.ne...

problem installing crm 10-18-06
first i posted here to ask how to upgrade windows sbs2003 standart to premium edition http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs/browse_thread/thread/a33669b4b4795ce9/df8a3140d0e2ae91?lnk=st&q=sbs2003+softweng&rnum=1&hl=en#df8a3140d0e2ae91 then it was claim that if install ISA i would do so, and so i did. i tryied to install crm 3.0 sbs edition, and i got this two errors: The edition 'Developer Edition' of the specified SQL Server is not supported by this SQL Server Reporting Services installation. Supported editions are Enterprise Edition and St...

turn form upside down
I want to make a form like a check register. The top on the first page has writing on it. The back side of this page should have the spaces on the top and the writing on the bottom. Can I turn a form upside down. See this... http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/oddity/the_camera_tool/ You can create a "picture" of the text and then just rotate the picture until it's upside down. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "AZgrl" <AZgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FDC8BF7-BCB2-48BF-A454-F44E1AC5C76C@microsoft.com... >I want...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

changing default settings
Using Office 2003 /Outlook 2003. is there any way of changing the default dictionary in word to UK English (as opposed to US English) and the date settings in Outlook to the European settings - i.e. day/ month/ year (as opposed to month/day/ year)? Looked through options and can't see anything that will change them. thanks You can choose Dictionary language from Tools > Options > Spelling, the date settings are controlled via Control Panel > Regional Options "Jacksy" <denise@REMOVE THISukhome.net> wrote in message news:BZtGc.3524$Fc7.654374@stones.force9.net... ...

CRM restore 05-25-05
doe CRM need to reinstall on the same hardware base computer or can it be install on any? thank you fo r your time -- Billy Hi Billy You mention restore and reinstall, what is it that you are doing? Cheers Dan "BILLY" wrote: > doe CRM need to reinstall on the same hardware base computer or can it be > install on any? > thank you fo r your time > -- > Billy ...

CRM API
Hi, Are we able to use the CRM API (Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dl) if we only have MS CRM Standard Suite. Hi Georges, The answer is yes. Access is based on what the current user can do, so you won't be able to do things like create orders, etc. Stephen "Georges Khoury" <georgesk@netways.com> wrote in message news:OWv4MS8eEHA.396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Are we able to use the CRM API (Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dl) if we only have MS > CRM Standard Suite. > > > ...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

Pop-Up Blocker blocks CRM
I found something kinda silly that I just noticed. I have a client that uses the MSN Toolbar and the popup blocker features. When the blocker is active it causes the browser to dissapear when the CRM intranet site is opened. I figured it out after some messing around but it might be a good heads up for those that are still getting thier bearings. -- - I am Johnny this is the number one support issue for Microsoft CRM but thanks for reminding us all anyway. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Johnny&q...

CRM mail router
When installing router I must select web site on my exchange server.Is it required install router to Default web site??Or I can select new web? Thanks FK "Fanda Koudel" <FandaKoudel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A884B45A-8243-4BE0-B281-D26303086CFA@microsoft.com... > When installing router I must select web site on my exchange server.Is it > required install router to Default web site??Or I can select new web? > Thanks FK > This is for the web site of the CRM site. The exchange router will use this information to connect to the crm site fo...

Selective Replace in Search and Replace
I need to search and replace in a large document. I don't want to replace the entire search term/expression just part of it. In this case I am searching for a paragraph return followed by any letter (not digit) and then want to change that to paragraph/tab but keep the letter. The search looks like this ^p^$ but naturally if replace is ^p^t I lose the first letter of the text string which I don't want How can I construct either search and replace so that ^p Alexander turns into ^p ^tAlexander and not ^p ^tlexander Thanks in a...

CRM Network Solutions
Hi, We are looking to install Microsoft CRM in a business that has two office locations. What would be the networking solutions for this? Does anyone have any network infrastructure examples? Thanks Hi, Are your two offices connected via a VPN? If so, since Microsoft CRM is a web based app, you can install it in one of your offices, and both offices can use internet explorer to access CRM. The actual server hardware will depend on how many users you'll want to serve. For example, in our corporation, most of our users are onsite. However, we do have some remote users,,,we have VPN c...

Replace wildcards with a space
I have a text field with all values containing an asterisk. The asterisk can be located anywhere within the contents. I am trying to replace the asterisk with a space. I will then use TRIM to remove any spaces at the beginning of the text. I have been unable to get an update query to work. When my criteria is like "~[*}", Access says that 0 rows will be updated. When the criteria is [*], I am asked to enter a parameter value. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - bkh Barbara wrote: >I have a text field with all values containing an aste...

What happened to the default view in Outlook 2003
In all previous versions, there was a view that showed me the shortcuts, folders, e-mail inbox, messages, calendar and task listing. Please don't suggest Outlook today as it shows me the calendar of events upcoming and the task listing but only shows the mail folder not the contents of the e-mail inbox folder. Also in previous versions I could have shortcuts to web sites and other folders on the shortcut pane. This pane has disappeared and it is several clicks to the shortcuts window. I hope that I'm just missing how to get these features back. At the bottom of the Navigation Pane (...