repeat question....still looking for an answer

how are people handling the situation of no salesperson ID
being transferred over from CRM to Great Plains on the
customer card?  Also how are people handling the situation
of no tax schedule ID available in CRM?  I'm told that my
customer class ID in GP will have to be set up with a
default tax id - THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.  Without a
salesperson ID or a tax schedule ID it creates a lot more
work for my accounting dept. they will have to go into
every card in GP and add in the correct tax id and then
they have to go to crm to find out who owns the account,
got to be people using crm and gp and have encountered
this problem.  PLEASE HELP...how are you getting around
this?

Thanks,
Jen
0
Jen
10/18/2004 9:08:25 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Well, theres no easy fix,........I figure you either have to manually
accomodate all the changes, or start making customizations. Take a look into
Scribe, and also consider adding fields to CRM and making custom apps. If
all this is too overwhelming, probably worth looking into a consultant to
get it over with,........

-g

"Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how are people handling the situation of no salesperson ID
> being transferred over from CRM to Great Plains on the
> customer card?  Also how are people handling the situation
> of no tax schedule ID available in CRM?  I'm told that my
> customer class ID in GP will have to be set up with a
> default tax id - THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.  Without a
> salesperson ID or a tax schedule ID it creates a lot more
> work for my accounting dept. they will have to go into
> every card in GP and add in the correct tax id and then
> they have to go to crm to find out who owns the account,
> got to be people using crm and gp and have encountered
> this problem.  PLEASE HELP...how are you getting around
> this?
>
> Thanks,
> Jen

0
Gary

Visio developers looking for contracts
Hi, We are a team of Visio developers, during the last year we developed a full professional solution (a diagramming add-in connected to a relational database), this solution helped consultants do their jobs much more efficiently. We are currently looking for external contracts. If you have an issue and want to develop a Visio solution for it then we are ready to help you. Interested and want more information? Please contact us at the following email: simsim_417@hotmail.com Best regards, Please no soliciting. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rd...

Calender Control easy question to hard questions
I'm relatively new to Access, and I have a question about Calender control. I know how to place the calender into a form, but how do I put the date I select into a textbox? I've seen people write about the on click or on double click event on the calender, but I don't see those features in the calenders properties. Is there some code I can have that will simply put the date I select into that textbox? That was the easy question. Harder question, what I would like to do is, I'm making a form where essentially it would be a schedule timer, the person would enter in first name, ...

Offline Defrag question
Hi, If an Exchange Database is 50 Gb and the only amount of free space is 5 Gb, is an offline defrag possible? After some reading it appears that an online defrag is NOT possible, but I wanted to ask the group to confirm. Am I mistaken? thanks, Mel I mistyped: (corrected) It appears that an offline defrag is NOT possible, but wanted to confirm.. "Mel" wrote: > Hi, > > If an Exchange Database is 50 Gb and the only amount of free space is 5 Gb, > is an offline defrag possible? After some reading it appears that an online > defrag is NOT possible, but I ...

How do I create the ripped edge look on a photo
I'm making graduation announcements for my son. I like the edges to look like they are worn, or ripped. Use a photo editing program. Proper tool for the job. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Glynda" <Glynda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E1D65D1-B93A-49B4-A775-1416335C53FB@microsoft.com... > I'm making graduation announcements for my son. I like the edges to look > like they are worn, or ripped. There are similar borders in BorderArt, scroll down to torn paper. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

Questions for POS 2009
Hi, 1. I would like to know if POS can read type 2 barcodes, Barcodes printed in a deli scale with the price embeded. 2. Can you hook up a scale and have weighd items, as fruit an vegetables? 3. Doe is accept pinpads with signature capture? does RMS ? Thanks Sacha Yes to all your questions. You may also want to look an addon that integrates Deli scales by www.genesis-pos.com Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "Sacha Favelevic" <sacha@chiacgocashregister.com> wrote in message news:urHMQMDdKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > 1...

graph looks fine until I save , then scrunches up
Please help I am running excel 2002 sp2 I have a page with 4 graphs .. all of which look fine in the page break preview, when I go into print preview - they squash up to the top of the graph , if I then go into the graph and change nothing, but go back to preview, suddenly it's fixed again .. but if I re-save the file again the graph does it again.. any ideas? Thanks ...

Explorer Icon question
I am looking for an explanation regarding a change to the icons I see when I use Windows Explorer in thumbnail view mode. All of my icons just recently changed to have a small box in the bottom left, sort of like the shortcut indication, but this is 2 blue arrows in a circular pattern. It is definitely not a shortcut, because it is on all folders, files, etc. I am wondering what this means and how to remove it. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I am looking for an explanation regarding a change to the icons I see when I > use Windows Explorer in thumbnail view ...

line method question
How do you specify the thickness in line method? Thanks. This is my code, Private Sub Detail1_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer) Me.ScaleMode = 1 Me.ForeColor = 0 Me.Line (0.0458 * 1440, 0)-(0.0458 * 1440, 14400) end sub May I know how I can modify it to set the borderwidth or thickness? Thanks. "Damian S" <DamianS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A484A44-BA50-4953-A970-C31564331469@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Use the BorderWidth property like this: > > Me.LINE_NAME.BorderWidth = 3 > > Damian. > > "00EricCl...

Repeating cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 contains "Jones" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 contains "Peterson" A23405 contains "Smith" A45234 contains "Samantha" What formula can I use to put: "Smith" in B1 thru B52 blanks in B53 thru B458 "Smith" in B459 thru B1071 blanks in A1072 thru B23404 "Smith" in A23405 thru B45233 blanks in A45234 thru A65536 Thanks, Gary Hi Gary try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(B1="",A2,"")) and ...

REPOST: Looking for how to use DTPicker
I am using Excel XP and am trying to use the date/time picker. Is there a way to use this that will give me date AND time as a single field? Is there a way (Or where can I get code to do so) to have the DATE/TIME validated with OUTLOOK-Calendar to see if that DATE/TIME is free? I quess I would need a duration as well? Also posting this in OL and Excel groups... Thanks BPJ Wrong newsgroup -- and most people don't answer pests who like to crosspost like crazy. It is very inconsiderate. "Newbie1" <newbie1@No.SPAM.com> wrote in message news:Lthcc.191900$Cb.173228...

Field question
I looked for a standard field which might be called "company activity" meaning what business is the company involved. Strange that this is missing. Before I make a custom field perhaps someone would confirm? Beemer What program are you talking about? If Outlook, what version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Beemer asked: | I looked for ...

How to block sending to external address? Please answer... Any MVP
Hello, How can I configure all my users to permit send mails only to address in my Exchange Adress Lists?? I think this is not any extrange configuration, to restrict users to send private emails while they are in job... Maybe there is any third part solution? Thanks to keep them from sending any external email, see this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html "Roberto L�pez" <rlopez@eurosistemas.net> wrote in message news:OEuSHU1RFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > How can I configure all my users to permit send mails only to address in my > Exch...

Policy Question
I am running Exchange 2003. My question is: Can I schedule Recipient policies to run once a week, every other week or monthly? I do not see the capability to schedule when they would run during their creation. So, it looks like it's an every night thing. I have told my CIO 'no, I can't schedule when they run at the moment' but thought I'd ask the question. Thanks for any Replies - Jon On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:47:11 -0500, "Jon Slater" <lanmanjs@comcast.net> wrote: > I am running Exchange 2003. My question...

Anybody out there? Outlook Today pane and other questions
I want to set up several layers of tasks, for instance, call, drop by, mail flyers, as well as lists of other unrelated projects. BUt my outlook today pane only shows one task list. I went under customize, and it allows you to pick a folder, ie inbox, but that won't show your tasks. Can I customize what outlook today shows? Or, what is the best way to use oUtlook for project management? And what is the best way to deal with a sales contact list? It seems like you can't change the flag color in contacts, and you can't color code the contact label to show who you've c...

Questions about Creating Rules
Hello: I'm new to using Outlook and am a little lost on how to create rules effectively. I belong to a e-mail discussion list and I would like to filter out e-mail that comes from a certain group of people. How can I create just one rule to filter out e-mail addresses of those people? Right now I have one to delete permanently from each one of these people. And created another one to delete any e-mails that are sent to them. So basically, I have to create 2 rules for each person - one to detect the TO: field and another one to detect the FROM: field. Can I create just one rule to filter o...

Count Question
I have a spreadsheet with over 6,000 rows of data. Column A lists a category of which there are 8 possibilities. I know how to use =countif to determine how many times a certain category appears. However, beside column A is a column with dates. These dates indicate when a certain entry was closed. If there is no date in column B then the entry, or case, is still considered open. I need to have a count of each category for the cases that are still open. I assume a nested formula is the key, but I'm not clear on what that would be. Any help would be much appreciated. Example: ...

Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"
Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes, writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say "Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages naturally break when a section ends and other pag...

Beginner Question
I have used OE for my e-mail for a long time, but am considering changing to Outlook. I now have a need to develop and maintain a moderate sized client contact database and I understand that newer versions of Outlook have such capabilities. Aside from the contact database, what advantages are there to using Outlook compared to Outlook Express? - Magnusfarce Hey, I am a beginner at the newsgroup. I suppose the most advantages for Outlook come on a local network where you have multiple users, shared permissions, shared calendars, that sort of thing. Aside from that, it gives you Micros...

VBA formula question
I use the following type of code to place formulas in cells : For Each cell In Range("A1:A2") cell.Offset(, 1).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[10]&RC[8]&RC[15]" 'Equiv cell.Offset(, -1).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISERROR(RC[5]/r4c13),""Data?"",RC[3]/r4c13)" Next This works fine, however my question is whether one can perform the calculations in the code and just place the result into the cells? I guess this may require learning a whole new syntax for coding the equations, but I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers? ...

Some questions about CPropertySheet and CPropertyPage
I am using CPropertySheet and CPropertyPage.When dialogs without any other Controls,the Next and Back act very well. But when I added a tree contrl in step1,the step2 cannot back to step1. The erro is: Debug Assertion Failed! Program: F:\backup\Debug\backup.exe File:winctrl2.cpp Line:1202 ........................... Why? And how can I deal with it? The line it's asserting on indicates your attempting to attach an imagelist when one has already been attached. What function in your CPropertyPage or CPropertySheet deri...

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them
How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way it is set up now is, example: =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75427E72-3EAA-4105-A65B-53F0F1213414@microsoft.com... > How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The >...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

copying and pasting question
Is there a way to copy data lets say from column A1 to A* from one spreadsheet, into lets say row 1 of another spreadsheet If * is less than 257, you can select your range (a1:A99 say) and then select A1 of the second worksheet and then Edit|paste special and check that Transpose box. (256 columns is the max in excel.) gemann wrote: > > Is there a way to copy data lets say from column A1 to A* from one > spreadsheet, into lets say row 1 of another spreadsheet -- Dave Peterson great i'll give it a try "Dave Peterson" wrote: > If * is less than 257, you c...

invoices previously paid still showing on payables check stub
Hello: A client is using the payables check with two stubs on bottom per the TechKnowledge article number 864284. Although the checkbox in Payables Setup for Print Previously Paid Documents on Remittance is unchecked, the client says that previously paid documents are still showing on the check stub. We have, also, run reconcile and check links but to no effect. What should be done in order to get these previously paid invoices off of the check stub? Thanks! childofthe1980s I suspect that these invoices were paid by manual payments. Techknowledge 863798 "Manual payments sho...