Renaming Reporting Services

Hello,

I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because the
Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me to
resolve this problem?

Thanks a Lot!

Breno Amorim
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

you changed the name of the crm web server?

=========================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx

"Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because the
> Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me to
> resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks a Lot!
>
> Breno Amorim

0
John
1/4/2006 5:29:25 AM
John,

    Yes. I changed CRM server and SQL Server.

    Sorry, I forgot to describe my system. CRM 3.0, SQL 2000 and Windows
2003 SBS.

    Thanks again!

Breno Amorim

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> you changed the name of the crm web server?
>

> =========================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx
>

> "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because the
> > Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me to
> > resolve this problem?
> >
> > Thanks a Lot!
> >
> > Breno Amorim

I would uninstall reporting services, re install then use then point crm at
the new reporting server from deployment manager. Finally re-publish all the
standard crm reports using publishreports.exe from the crm server.

=========================

> John,
>
>    Yes. I changed CRM server and SQL Server.
>
>    Sorry, I forgot to describe my system. CRM 3.0, SQL 2000 and Windows
> 2003 SBS.
>
>    Thanks again!
>
> Breno Amorim
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
>> you changed the name of the crm web server?
>>

>> =========================
>> John O'Donnell
>> Microsoft CRM MVP
>> http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx
>>

>> "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because
>> > the
>> > Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me
>> > resolve this problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks a Lot!
>> >
>> > Breno Amorim

0
John
1/5/2006 4:52:54 AM
If your CRM server and reporting services are installed on the same machine,
you may have luck of an easier workaround.

Take a look of a regkey called "SQLRSServerUrl". That url probably contains
your old server name. Change it to new server name, and give a try to see
whether it works.

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> I would uninstall reporting services, re install then use then point crm at
> the new reporting server from deployment manager. Finally re-publish all the
> standard crm reports using publishreports.exe from the crm server.
>

> =========================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx
>

> "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > John,
> >
> >    Yes. I changed CRM server and SQL Server.
> >
> >    Sorry, I forgot to describe my system. CRM 3.0, SQL 2000 and Windows
> > 2003 SBS.
> >
> >    Thanks again!
> >
> > Breno Amorim
> >
> > "John O'Donnell" wrote:
> >
> >> you changed the name of the crm web server?
> >>

> >> =========================
> >> John O'Donnell
> >> Microsoft CRM MVP
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx
> >>

> >> "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Error when running reports
We just installed Crystal Reports 6 on our CRM server and now we can't run any of the reports. This is the error: The error message returned is: There are no Page Servers connected to the Cache Server or all connected Page Servers are disabled or all connected Page Servers are not part of the specified server group. Please try to reconnect later. [On Cache/Page Server: CRM01.cacheserver What can we do? You shouldn't be installing crystal on the crm server itself, MS doesn't support that. Also MSCRM supports crystal 8.5. I don't know about version 6. You will also n...

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

Sub report not displaying all data
Hi. I have created a report that includes a summary sub report at the end. The main body of the report shows all records, but the subform is only showing the bottom half of the query results. When I view the query the subreport is based on, it shows the full dataset. Can anyone help? I have answered my own question (again)!! The Link Child field and Link Master field properties in the subform were populated with another field name from the main report. I removed the field name from the properties and now all my data is showing. Thanks me, Me. :-) "FBxii...

Beware Loan Amortization report
Yet another report that doesn't do what it says it does... Env: M04 Deluxe. Loan Transaction report set to include transactions from register and to show "Paid from account". Instead of the Paid From account, it shows the loan account name for the loan you are reporting on. How helpful. Does anybody actually test this stuff in any rigorous way? I understand how intermittent hangs and corruption problems and so forth are hard to test for. But that the options in a customize dialog do what they say they do? ...

Change report Text to show Negatives in ()
Can't seem to find the option. Currently negatives are being displayed as -123 Want them to show up as (123) Anyone know how to set this for a report? You can use an IIF statement like this -- My_Cost: IIF([YourField] <0, "(" & Abs([YourField]) & ")", [YourField]) -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "James" wrote: > Can't seem to find the option. Currently negatives are being displayed > as -123 > Want them to show up as (123) > Anyone know how to set this for a report? > > > Access includes built ...

Modified reports security
We recommend adding the ability to specify a custom report to replace the standard report for all users without having to give rights to the custom report by user or by user class. For example we modified the Payables Check Form report. Anyone who prints Payables checks should automatically use the Custom Check Form. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

Crystal report session timeout
Hello, we have a problem with the crystal enterprise server included with MS CRM. When we open a report, the first report is ok, but drilling into the report will cause the error message "report session timeout". I already changed the command parameter maxDBResultRecords to 0 and created a web.config file under inetpub\wwwroot\report where I set the execution timeout to 600. I also tried to increase the max thread number and max idle timeout. Nothing helped. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Patrik Mueller Hello John, it is not a resultset problem, as the report should ret...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

how to convert report to pdf?
Greeting, I have a report that show my data and I would like to convert it to pdf file. I use function called “ConvertReportToPDF” and now I have a command button that once it pressed it runs the report. What I need is once it pressed the function is running but I could not do that . how can I do it? "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2400BD-A2F0-4BAB-A3E9-1B95CF3C8237@microsoft.com... > Greeting, > > I have a report that show my data and I would like to convert it to pdf > file. I use function called "ConvertReportToPDF&quo...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

Check out Cincinnati Janitorial Service
Check out new janitorial service. http://www.cincinnatibuildingmaintenance.com ...

SQL Reports- change database automatically based on GP company
Anyone know how to automatically have a SQL report change the data source based on the GP company a user is logged in to? What are some workarounds to use? -- Janey Janey, I believe Crystallizer does this: http://synergistix.net/products/crystallizer/. Despite the name it will work with both Crystal and SRS reports. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Janey" <Janey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DB8BF87-AE07-487A-B677-EF26EDBD4E12@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how to automatically have a SQL report change the data so...

Renaming your password
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out? To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or check their website for assistance. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) ...

Problems with can grow fields on data report
Body: Hi Everyone, I have a problem with can grow fields on the data report. I have some fields aligned in a line which are "Can grow" enabled ( their "can grow" property is set to true). When one of the fields grows vertically all the other fields stay the same length. This looks ugly on my data report (I want to show the border bewteen the lines). How can i cause a group of fields to grow together if one of them grows? How can i cause the other "can grow" fields to grow? Thanks, Ron Stephen Lebans has a solution here: http://www.lebans.com/PrintLines.ht...

Report will not print
RMS2.0 SP2 When I print any report, 90% of the time, it will only print the report header and NO other information. When I print to a PDF file it will ALWAYS print the entire report properly. I spoke to MS tech support and they said to change the store logo to the BMP which I did, still no good. Any suggestions? I am using a USB Canon printer, the reports have been printing correctly in the past. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers. I am completely lost. Haik, Can you print any other reports? Maybe something is wrong with the report formatting, so the field does...

web services 05-26-04
Our website has a form that captures a users data and emails it to a user. I would like to create a web service to create a lead using this data and assign that lead to a crm user. Is this in violation of the crm license? The CRM SDK shows the code in C# to create a lead. Can I use that for my webservice? The person entering the information on the form will not have a crm license of course. The webservice will reside on our crm server. Is there a way to do this? Yes you can use the SDK sample code as a bsais for a web service like you described. As to the licensing question, that ...

Money 2002
Greetings, My bank often sends me transactions in the download that have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" to "AM/PM GAS STATION", instead of me doing it each and everytime I download transactions? In microsoft.public.money, <kharless@qwest.net> wrote: >Greetings, > >My bank often sends me transactions in the download that >have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way >to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" >to "AM/PM GA...

i have a problem with reporting
every time i restart the crm server the reporting serves dose not start automatic is your crm and sql serve ron the same box? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "elamir" <elamir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4215864-459C-4510-83B1-B2AD40F34D18@microsoft.com... > every time i restart the crm server the reporting serves dose not start > automatic ...

Renaming A Tab
Hi All Does anybody know if it is possible to rename tab as a cell refference. i.e. "Sheet1" becomes =A1 Does that mean anything??? Thanks Mark -- mark_richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark_richards's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19247 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479475 In VBA Activesheet.Name = Range("A1").Value -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mark_richards" <mark_richard...

no service
i use my e-mail to sign up an waited for a responce an i never received anything from the person i sent a message to also i am not receiving any mail peroid it says no connection please help Please don't reply to yourself. Call Alltel tech support. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "lois spainhour" <lcspainhour@alltel.net> wrote in message news:OmJjLnwsKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >i use my e-mail to sign up an waited for a responce an i never received >anything from the person i sent a message to ...

client as service
I used VS 2005.By using client program we take all the hardware information of the client that is Machine Name,Username,IP,Available Memory,Used Memory,OS Name,CPU type,CPU No: etc... Then all details r combine to form a message.This message is sent to the server by using fns of CASyncSock in MFC.Server is the Remote Manager. By using the server machine we can see the all hardware informations of the connected client...So in this case if we run client first then we must care if any exception occurs..How will this possible? Nikky wrote: > I used VS 2005.By using client program we take all...

How to modify a Report in Report Writer without actually doing it?
Hi: When you enter a transaction in GP, say a SOP order, and you print it, you have a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) (Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, but when you post this transaction, you get a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) History (Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, the thing is that sometimes the person in charge of entering this transactions doesn't print them, or forgot to do it, or the system crashed and cannot do it anymore or the GP goblin, printed the document and then tore it apart just for fun and now is missing...., etc. So what I want to do is, in case any of the above shoul...

Copy a FORM to a REPORT
I created a FORM that I would now like as a REPORT. Is there anyway to COPY it into a REPORT? If so, how? With the form selected in the database window: File | Save As ... and select Report from the dropdown box. You'll probably need to do some tidying-up of the report in design mode, but it's an easy way to start. HTH, Rob "tjsmags" <tjsmags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF4A12D-B3C2-4EF1-9810-C2AE7076B621@microsoft.com... >I created a FORM that I would now like as a REPORT. Is there anyway to >COPY > it into a REPORT? If so, ...

Pull down (or filter) my report
I have a report that generates information from different lawyers. I don't wish to print out every single lawyer, or filter (SQL Query) a certain criteira, is there a way that you can open a report and have a pop up promt asking for a filter ? The pop up is do-able via what is called a query parameter prompt - but that means you would have to know the EXACT spelling of the lawyer name, so it's not the recommended solution. To do that - type something like [Enter the lawyer name] in the section where you would typically manually modify the query (criteria row below the lawyer name c...