renaming CRM group in CRM OU in AD

Hi there,

Just wanting to check renaming of groups in CRM OU created by CRM
instalation will be a problem?

IT manager at a site wants to keep it to inhouse naming convention and
wnated to know renaming them will cause problem.

Rgds,
Kyaw

0
Kyaw
9/21/2006 10:28:23 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM uses the SID's rather than the names, so I think you should be ok.

Don't take my word for it however, as you'll severely screw your CRM
environment if it does have a detrimental effect.

Try it in a VPC first.

HTH,
R.

"Kyaw" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Just wanting to check renaming of groups in CRM OU created by CRM
> instalation will be a problem?
>
> IT manager at a site wants to keep it to inhouse naming convention and
> wnated to know renaming them will cause problem.
>
> Rgds,
> Kyaw

Using command line installation, you will be install CRM using the
pre-created security groups. Refer chapter 19 of IG

"Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Just wanting to check renaming of groups in CRM OU created by CRM
> instalation will be a problem?
>
> IT manager at a site wants to keep it to inhouse naming convention and
> wnated to know renaming them will cause problem.
>
> Rgds,
> Kyaw

0
Daniel

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

Adding % to Bar Chart
I have a bar chart for resource analysis and I want to add a % to the chart. I calculate it in a cell. Is there anyway to add a textbox and put the value of a cell in it? You can add custom data labels based on worksheet calculations. Use one of these utilities to create the labels: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

CRM MS-03-030 Microsoft CRM Applications Professional R1.2
Just to let everyone know if they weren't up to speed with the new exams. Exam is 90 minutes long, you get 45 questions. You need to answer at least 31 questions correct. The percent needed for a pass is 68% - The Test your Knowledge part from the courseware is extremly good, questions are very similar to the exam. I passed yesterday with 88%. Onwards and upwards - The Customizatoin Exam next!! Cheers Mick Partners may refer to: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/communities/training/certifications/ Non Partners: You can contact mbs-cert@microsoft.com to request an Exam Prepa...

Is MS CRM a MFC application?
Is MS CRM a MFC application and built using VC++? I have a problem related to this MFC applcation. MFC aplications in Win XP create memory leak problems for GDI objects. I was wondering if Win XP SP 3 would solve it. -- romeo!! I am not sure what type of coding class that the Microsoft CRM team uses. Microsoft CRM 4.0 Clients are supported in XP and Vista, I would submit a support case if your are encountering memory leak issue. Does it crash on your PC? Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "romeo" wrote: > Is MS CRM a MFC applicati...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

Doubleclick group and open into another Window.
I used Visio Professional and was able to double click a group and it would open automatically into another window. I see that for Visio 2003, I don't seem to have this as default for each group. The only way I have found that I can do this is to select a grouping, right click, then select Format/Behavior Doubleclick tab and set Open Group in New Window. Is there a way to set this globally instead of having to set for each group? Rick Brown email is rbrown(at)dickey-john.com Well, there's a hack that you could use, but it would be global only to your document. - Show the D...

Adding a 2nd exchange server to an existing site.
We are looking to add a 2nd Exchange 2003 server to our org. We would like to have this server offsite in case of natural disater, power outage etc. Is there any way that both servers can have an up to date mailbox store for the users without 3rd party tools to synchronize this? Also- if not, why is this the case? Also would we need to adhere again to Microsoft licensing for this server or would our current cals and license still be legit? Thanks for your help. -- Mr.Max You are talking about a DR or GeoClustering solution and there is no way to do this natively in Exchange. You will...

Renaming your password
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out? To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or check their website for assistance. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) ...

Multiple CRM 3.0 instances in the same domain
Hello, Does anyone have some exprerience or suggestions on how to install two independent instances of Microsoft CRM 3.0 in the same Active Directory/Domain ? We have a situation in which two different departments within the same organization want to have a totally independent installations of the system Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks Nicos Papaioannou This will work as long as you create seperate OU's for each deployment. Each install will create its own unique databases keyed off the organization name. Also you should also consider manually installed SRS reporting so yo...

adding portrait and landscape pages to the same Publisher publica.
Can anyone enlighten me on how to include portrait and landscape documents in the same Publisher publication? Thank you for any assistance. Dave wrote: > Can anyone enlighten me on how to include portrait and landscape > documents in the same Publisher publication? > > Thank you for any assistance. Another idiot too lazy to Google. You don't. -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. Rotate the page you want landscaped 90 degrees. Adjust to fit. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

CRM 3.0 07-11-05
Somebody know when can will be able for download a Release or beta of MS CRM 3.0?. Thanks. Daniel Rodriguez SMS - Argentina The much-awaited version is scheduled to be released to manufacturing in the fourth quarter with general availability in the first quarter of next year. Partners will get access to the new version in August, with a customer beta due to ship in September. "Daniel Rodriguez" wrote: > Somebody know when can will be able for download a Release or beta of MS CRM > 3.0?. Thanks. > > Daniel Rodriguez > SMS - Argentina Any news lately on the cu...

Errors when accessing CRM
Server = Windows 2003 EE R2 w/ SP2 Client = Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 Domain Controller = Small Business Server 2003 R2 Premium Both SQL 2005 EE and CRM 3.0 Pro installed on the same server User access the server via the client computer's IE7. For testing purpose, I assigned ALL roles to this user. User get the following errors when accessing the modules below: CRM Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded __ Calendar Unexpected Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system adminstrator. _________ Service Calendar Unexpected Error An error ha...

Recovery storage group?
How many mailbox stores we can add to the recovery storage group? We have our whole server down which we have 20 mailbox stores in 4 storage groups. We need to restore the database from the backup I was wondering how many mailbox stores can be added to the recovery storage group for restore. We have Exchange 2000 with sp1. Thank you. You can add Stores from the same Storage Group to a Recovery Storage Group. If you need to recover Stores from multiple Storage Groups, you will need to add these to other Exchange 2003 servers. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.sune...

Email Tracking
Hello, I've just got all the emails in and out being tracked perfectly with the exchange router installed where it matches an email address on a contact or account. The question is - where do all the emails go that it can't match to an account or contact? They are all deleted from the crm drop mailbox I can see that, but there are some concerns from my company that potentially senstive emails might be flaoting around in the CRM for anyone to access. That said - I can't find them anywhere! Thanks, Stephen Hi, Open CRM in browser . Click on activities and chose the follow...

Money 2002
Greetings, My bank often sends me transactions in the download that have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" to "AM/PM GAS STATION", instead of me doing it each and everytime I download transactions? In microsoft.public.money, <kharless@qwest.net> wrote: >Greetings, > >My bank often sends me transactions in the download that >have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way >to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" >to "AM/PM GA...

Renaming Reporting Services
Hello, I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because the Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me to resolve this problem? Thanks a Lot! Breno Amorim you changed the name of the crm web server? ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C698B9F7-FF7B-43BC-8368-59C31A5FB994@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I changed the name ...

CRM Queue's
I have a question on CRM queue's. Is it possible to have multiple e-mail alias' go into the same CRM queue. I have setup an AD account with the appropriate settings and e-mails which are sent to the primary e-mail address for this account go into CRM. Any e-mail sent to an alias of this account will end up in the Exchange mailbox and not CRM. Thanks for your help! -Mike I didn't think the first post worked. Sorry for the duplicate post. "SkidooMXZ" wrote: > I have a question on CRM queue's. Is it possible to have multiple e-mail > alias' go...

when I rename outcmd.dat to .old, do I type outcmd.old or just rename to .old
I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. bob <bob@donotspam> wrote: > I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: >...

CRM Email 12-29-03
I have successfully installed the email router, and i was able to send emails from crm and successfully receive them (both to company domain and outside clients). I have noticed though: 1. when i send email activity to CRM users (CRMEmailEnabled attribute assigned), they do not receive this in their queue - actually the application should generate another activity appending CRMxxxx to the subject line which doesn't happen in this case 2. Internal mails (company domain) We can not send emails to CRM. I have followed the steps in the guide, created a queue...everything and i am still...

Renaming A Tab
Hi All Does anybody know if it is possible to rename tab as a cell refference. i.e. "Sheet1" becomes =A1 Does that mean anything??? Thanks Mark -- mark_richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark_richards's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19247 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479475 In VBA Activesheet.Name = Range("A1").Value -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mark_richards" <mark_richard...

Unsupported Code in MS CRM
Are there any tools that one can use to identify unsupported code in MS CRM? There are no tools I'm aware of, but maybe we see something like this for CRM 4. Anyway, it's almost impossible to automatically check code for unsupported customizations, so using the list in the SDK documentation is your best bet. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The JavaScript Snippets Directory: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?i...

CRM features
I'm researching this topic and need some information on Microsoft CRM, what I want to know is what the features are. Someone please get back to me. Hi, See the features in my blog http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com/2005/10/whats-new-in-microsoft-crm-30.html I hope this will help, for more write a mail to me on mscrmexpert@gmail.com -- Microsoft CRM Expert - CRM & .Net All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com "xcourtx" wrote: > I'm researching this topic and need some information on Microsoft CRM, what I > want to know is what ...

Upgrade from CRM SBE to CRM 3.0 Pro
Not sure if this is the correct froum, but the correct one is kind of hard to pinpoint since it's an upgrade in the app, and the OS. Currently we are running CRM SBE on SBS 2003. We will be moving from SBS 2003 to Windows Server 2003 Standard. In the progress we have to upgrade our CRM SBE to CRM 3.0 Pro. What I'm looking for is the correct path of the upgrade in regads to CRM. We'll be upgrading to SBS R2, then via a transition pack go to Windows 2003 Server. There are a couple of concerns. 1. CRM is currently using SQL 2000: When we move to SBS R2, we will autimatically ...