Renaming Accounts in CRM

We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name
field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner
of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way
to have it not go back through all of the cases ?

0
Rcw01
10/18/2007 1:13:23 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it
correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action

I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's
cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!!

"Rcw01" <rwilson01@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name
> field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner
> of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way
> to have it not go back through all of the cases ?

0
Peter
10/18/2007 8:39:52 PM
On Oct 18, 3:39 pm, "Peter Lynch" <peter.ly...@optevia.nospam.com>
wrote:
> What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it
> correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action
>
> I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's
> cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!!
>
> "Rcw01" <rwilso...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name
> > field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner
> > of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way
> > to have it not go back through all of the cases ?- Hide quoted text -

What I mean to say is we have an account with the email address of
bill@domain.com. Bill has called in for a few issues, and we have
created 10 cases for these issues. We decide that now we need to
change his account name from bill@domain.com to Bill Smith. Once we
save this change we look back through the history for this account we
notice that all owner ships on the cases have been changed from the
person that created the case when Bill called in to the person that
changed the account name from bill@domain.com to Bill Smith. So now
any information that showed other techs working with bill on issues
will now show the person that changed the account name.

Let me know if this explains it better.

0
Rcw01
10/19/2007 2:26:55 PM
Thanks, that does explain the scenario clearly.

But what you are seeing is not CRM 3.0 built-in behaviour. One explanation
is that a custom automated process has been deployed,  that is having this
effect. Perhaps a callout?

> On Oct 18, 3:39 pm, "Peter Lynch" <peter.ly...@optevia.nospam.com>
> wrote:
>> What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it
>> correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action
>>
>> I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's
>> cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!!
>>
>> "Rcw01" <rwilso...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name
>> > field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner
>> > of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way
>> > to have it not go back through all of the cases ?- Hide quoted text -

> What I mean to say is we have an account with the email address of
> bill@domain.com. Bill has called in for a few issues, and we have
> created 10 cases for these issues. We decide that now we need to
> change his account name from bill@domain.com to Bill Smith. Once we
> save this change we look back through the history for this account we
> notice that all owner ships on the cases have been changed from the
> person that created the case when Bill called in to the person that
> changed the account name from bill@domain.com to Bill Smith. So now
> any information that showed other techs working with bill on issues
> will now show the person that changed the account name.
>
> Let me know if this explains it better.

0
Peter

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

Can't add new EMail accounts
I am unable to add new EMail accounts successfully on one of my systems. I complete the Settings dialog (with values from another system which is working fine). The 'Test Account Settings' function indicates everything is working, and the new account appears on the EMail Accounts list. However, when I do Send/Receive, existing accounts are accessed but the new account is not. (Note also that the Move Up, Move Down and Set as Default functions for the list do not work on any new accounts, only on the existing ones.) If I go to Tools, Options, Mail Setup tab, Send/Receive butt...

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

401k download without Cash Account
My 401k provider allows me to download my transactions into Money, but when the 24 transactions come in every 2 weeks, I have to manually select "None" 24 times in the "transfer from" box. If I try to uncheck the "track cash transactions" box in the account settings screen, I get an error that it is required for online updates. This is exceedingly tedius, does anyone know a work around? Thx In microsoft.public.money, Syver wrote: >My 401k provider allows me to download my transactions into Money, but when >the 24 transactions come in every 2 weeks...

Account Locked Out
All, This morning I logged into our SBS 2003 server and changed the configuration for User Passwords. I unchecked the parameter that would force users to change their password every x days (in our case it was set to 90 days.) Two things happened after this change was applied: 1. It is now forcing all users to change their server password - I didn't this would happened. I can handle this fallout. 2. Now for the real problem: I am unable to create a VPN connection to the server using my user id and new password. Prior to the above change, I would connect via a V...

Email Accounts are not being created automatically.
Does anybody know why Exchange Server 2003 running on Windows 2003 would quit creating emails when a user is added? It had been working fine up until about a month ago. The checkmark box to have it created is still checked, but the emails are not being created. I can add the emails manually, but they don't show up in Outlook, nor do they allow a profile to be set up. I don't remember changing anything that would have causes this. Any ideas or suggestions would be really appreciated. -- Renee This is a known issue that Exchange SP1 fixes. You also need to apply KB831464. ...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

IMAP Account
My IT department has been trying to help me set up an IMAP account so I can access my mail from home. So far, nothing has worked. We run a LINUX server and the administrator claims that IMAP works fine when using Nestscape products but not Microsoft. He claims that Outlook does not implement SSL correctly. Does anyone know of any issues setting up an IMAP account to access mail from a LINUX server? ...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

Include Analytical Accounting fields in Requisitions Management
It would be great if the Analytical Accounting fields were available in the Business Portal Requisitions Management module. We would like the user to enter these values when they enter the requisition by selecting from the valid list of Analytical Accounting values. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Vesting in accounts
Is there any way to track the total value of an account at a 'percentage vested'? My employer provides me with an investment account for retirement, but my access to that money vests over time (e.g., 20% per year). I would like to be able to make the account only show up as 60% of its current value - e.g., in how it contributes to net worth. It takes a lot of effort to accomplish this manually by adding cash deposits since the value of the investments in the account change daily... This comes up from time to time and nobody has ever come up with any decent methods to deal wit...

Errors when accessing CRM
Server = Windows 2003 EE R2 w/ SP2 Client = Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 Domain Controller = Small Business Server 2003 R2 Premium Both SQL 2005 EE and CRM 3.0 Pro installed on the same server User access the server via the client computer's IE7. For testing purpose, I assigned ALL roles to this user. User get the following errors when accessing the modules below: CRM Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded __ Calendar Unexpected Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system adminstrator. _________ Service Calendar Unexpected Error An error ha...

Incoming email using different accounts
I have 3 email accounts all set to come into Outlook. I want mail from the different accounts to be put into different folders when it arrives. How do I do this? using rules. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging ...

Multiple CRM 3.0 instances in the same domain
Hello, Does anyone have some exprerience or suggestions on how to install two independent instances of Microsoft CRM 3.0 in the same Active Directory/Domain ? We have a situation in which two different departments within the same organization want to have a totally independent installations of the system Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks Nicos Papaioannou This will work as long as you create seperate OU's for each deployment. Each install will create its own unique databases keyed off the organization name. Also you should also consider manually installed SRS reporting so yo...

CRM 3.0 07-11-05
Somebody know when can will be able for download a Release or beta of MS CRM 3.0?. Thanks. Daniel Rodriguez SMS - Argentina The much-awaited version is scheduled to be released to manufacturing in the fourth quarter with general availability in the first quarter of next year. Partners will get access to the new version in August, with a customer beta due to ship in September. "Daniel Rodriguez" wrote: > Somebody know when can will be able for download a Release or beta of MS CRM > 3.0?. Thanks. > > Daniel Rodriguez > SMS - Argentina Any news lately on the cu...

Multiple bank accounts at same bank
Greetings We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit card activity is downloaded without problem but all other accounts inport into the same Money account( the credit card). Is there something simple we missed in creating the accounts? Thanks! =?Utf-8?B?VGFmZnk=?= <Taffy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank > (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit car...

Renaming your password
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out? To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or check their website for assistance. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) ...

Email Tracking
Hello, I've just got all the emails in and out being tracked perfectly with the exchange router installed where it matches an email address on a contact or account. The question is - where do all the emails go that it can't match to an account or contact? They are all deleted from the crm drop mailbox I can see that, but there are some concerns from my company that potentially senstive emails might be flaoting around in the CRM for anyone to access. That said - I can't find them anywhere! Thanks, Stephen Hi, Open CRM in browser . Click on activities and chose the follow...

Import Outlook 2002 email accounts/settings
I know Outlook 2002 doesn't offer .IAF export, but is there a way to import Outlook 2002 email account settings from another Outlook 2002 program? I'm doing a clean install on a new computer and want to import my email settings. Thx ...

How to make an account not day-to-day?
How do I make money not consider an account a day to day account, besides listing it as closed? In microsoft.public.money, Helen wrote: >How do I make money not consider an account a day to day account, besides >listing it as closed? > Favorites->OrganizeFavorites. ...

Currency Account
Don't have Malaysia currency,(RM). Please help how to add this into my money 2000. The best way would be to select a currency you don't (and never will) use, rename it and use that. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Voon" <vmloo@h...

Money 2002
Greetings, My bank often sends me transactions in the download that have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" to "AM/PM GAS STATION", instead of me doing it each and everytime I download transactions? In microsoft.public.money, <kharless@qwest.net> wrote: >Greetings, > >My bank often sends me transactions in the download that >have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way >to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" >to "AM/PM GA...

money 2006 account update problem
im still having this problem and getting error 5005 codes in msn money iu tried making a new file with a new account and im getting the same thing ING direct and chevron work fine... grr capitalone dell washington mutual and orchardbank wont update worth a damn wtf It >is< frustrating -- especially when it goes on for this long -- just when you think they've got things up 'n running fairly consistently, it breaks again. Seems like it's been acting up for about a week now... Similar to when a business or service you use regularly goes on strike... jcopin@optonline....

Freight Default GL Account Segment
Is there a way to have freight on SOP Invoices automatically get the correct GL account AND segment? The only place I can find to assign a GL account to freight is on SETUP|POSTING|POSTING ACCOUNTS. Sales, Cogs, etc. all let you assign them on both the item card and the customer card so that the proper account segment is used (each segment for us is a location). With freight, the same segment is always used, and so for 9 of our 10 locations, our invoicing associates have to manually change the segment in the distributions screen. Any help will be appreciated. TIA ...