Rename areas in entity NavPane

Using Sitemap and Application NavBar we have been able to change the name
from Sales to SomethingElse.
But when we display entities like contact, the text Sales is still displayed
in the contact Navbar and there is no way to change it to SomethingElse to be
in correspondance with what we have done before.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=60ede5ba-3d4f-4741-b36d-f8e69863d171&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

You can rename the Entity level Areas using the code below in your onload
event. For example: to rename the "Marketing" Area to "Outreach":

document.getElementById("_NA_MA").innerHTML =
document.getElementById("_NA_MA").innerHTML.replace("Marketing","Outreach");

You can also hide areas using the following code.

document.getElementById("navOpps").parentElement.style.display = "none";
document.getElementById("_NA_SFA").style.display = "none";
document.getElementById("navService").parentElement.style.display = "none";
document.getElementById("_NA_CS").style.display = "none";

Hope this helps!

--
Scott Whynot

"wtcso" wrote:

> Using Sitemap and Application NavBar we have been able to change the name
> from Sales to SomethingElse.
> But when we display entities like contact, the text Sales is still displayed
> in the contact Navbar and there is no way to change it to SomethingElse to be
> in correspondance with what we have done before.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=60ede5ba-3d4f-4741-b36d-f8e69863d171&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Rename Marketing Area:

"wtcso" wrote:

> Using Sitemap and Application NavBar we have been able to change the name
> from Sales to SomethingElse.
> But when we display entities like contact, the text Sales is still displayed
> in the contact Navbar and there is no way to change it to SomethingElse to be
> in correspondance with what we have done before.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=60ede5ba-3d4f-4741-b36d-f8e69863d171&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Hi, i�m trying to rename the Sales Area too. I have these questions:

Which file should be changed to rename Sales Area and what would be the code
to do this?
Thanks,
Irene

"Scott Whynot" <ScottWhynot@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el
mensaje news:2AA996E9-DCDB-4D0D-9FBD-16B2F1A8E924@microsoft.com...
> Rename Marketing Area:
>
> document.getElementById("_NA_MA").innerHTML =
> document.getElementById("_NA_MA").innerHTML.replace("Marketing","Outreach");
>

> --
> Scott Whynot
>

> "wtcso" wrote:
>
>> Using Sitemap and Application NavBar we have been able to change the name
>> from Sales to SomethingElse.
>> But when we display entities like contact, the text Sales is still
>> displayed
>> in the contact Navbar and there is no way to change it to SomethingElse
>> to be
>> in correspondance with what we have done before.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=60ede5ba-3d4f-4741-b36d-f8e69863d171&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Irene

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

2 Entities and 1 Workflow Rule
Hi there! I have seen in earlier post that we can alter a value of an Account's field through a workflow rule of a Case concerning that Account. I cannot understand how I can do this, influence between two entities using a Workflow rule. Also, I don't understand the use of Post Url Action, athough I read about it... Can you help me and give directions or examples? Thank you Elena When you add the "update object" action, it will give you a pick list of objects you can update from within that object (the object you are writing the rule for). For example, when you ...

Gridlines on Area/Stacked Area charts
I'm trying to see the gridlines on an Stacked Area chart. I understand that transparency isn't supported, though visible and greyed out. Is there another way to have above a series be red and below be green and show the vertical and horizontal gridlines? TIA Add gridlines using this technique: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryGridlines.html Since these gridlines are really error bars, they are drawn in front of area chart series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ ___...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

relationship between the same entity
Hello Can you help me to do a relationship between the same entity (ex: department-department)? I’ve built an entity called department (business units for Accounts) and I want a relationship like the one that exists by default in CRM between the business units, but, for the departments of the Accounts... When I try to do the relationship the entity department doesn’t appear in the picklist (combobox). -- Regards, Raquel Only Crm system relationships can be entity-entity. Customization does not allow for this. (same thing goes for multiple relations between two entitites). The rea...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

Renaming your password
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out? To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or check their website for assistance. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) ...

Money 2002
Greetings, My bank often sends me transactions in the download that have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" to "AM/PM GAS STATION", instead of me doing it each and everytime I download transactions? In microsoft.public.money, <kharless@qwest.net> wrote: >Greetings, > >My bank often sends me transactions in the download that >have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way >to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" >to "AM/PM GA...

Renaming A Tab
Hi All Does anybody know if it is possible to rename tab as a cell refference. i.e. "Sheet1" becomes =A1 Does that mean anything??? Thanks Mark -- mark_richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark_richards's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19247 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479475 In VBA Activesheet.Name = Range("A1").Value -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mark_richards" <mark_richard...

How to display print area only
how do I display the print area ONLY in my window. I would like all the "extra unused" portion of the spreadsheet to show the blue background color only. Is there a toggle for this? the spreadsheets that I e-mail to clients would have more impact if I could eliminate all the extra area. Thanks for any help you all can give me. Hi khoward > the spreadsheets that I e-mail to clients would have more > impact if I could eliminate all the extra area. One way Mail it to yourself to see the result Sub Mail_Selection() Dim strDate As String Dim Addr As String D...

Renaming Reporting Services
Hello, I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because the Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me to resolve this problem? Thanks a Lot! Breno Amorim you changed the name of the crm web server? ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C698B9F7-FF7B-43BC-8368-59C31A5FB994@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I changed the name ...

when I rename outcmd.dat to .old, do I type outcmd.old or just rename to .old
I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. bob <bob@donotspam> wrote: > I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: >...

Domain Rename
Is there anyway to accomplish a Domain rename in a native windows 2003 server domain with exchange enterprise server 2003 installed in the domain? I have downloaded and read the domain rename instructions for server 2003 and those instructions specifically state this is not possible in any forest with Exchange 2000. Now I find Exchange server 2003 also does not support. When, microsoft, when? and why not now? ...

renaming a file, "save as" to rename file
Version: 2008 I need to change the name of a file, and I would also like to be able to click &quot;save as&quot; so I could name the file as I am saving, Thanks! Pat Hi Pat: Try clicking "Help" in Word. Cheers On 4/02/10 2:45 PM, in article 59bb2397.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "patmuniz@officeformac.com" <patmuniz@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 I need to change the name of a file, and I would also like to be > able to click "save as" so I could name the file as I am saving, Thanks! Pat This email is my business...

rename the project ?
how to rename the project in project server 2007 ? Hi Sam, If you have sufficient permissions: In ProjProf: File -> Open ... -> Retrieve the list of all projects ... Right click on project name and select Rename. In PWA: Project Center -> mark project in any column except Idicator and Project Name. Click on Edit Project Properties. Change name and click on Save and Publish. Regards Barbara Am 01.03.2010 10:48, schrieb Sam: > how to rename the project in project server 2007 ? and to add to Barbara's excellent answer, I prefer option 1 as it changes the ...

How can I calculate the area between axis and dataseries xl2002
I'm trying to calculate the area of a graph (data series) between the x-axis and the data-series in excel 2002. I don't know how. Please help! Evert, With your X-values in A1:A11, and your Y values in B1:B11, the formula =SUMPRODUCT((B2:B11+B1:B10)*(A2:A11-A1:A10))/2 with return the trapezoidal approximation of the area under the curve. Obviously, the smaller the interval of your X values, the better the resolution of the approximation. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Evert" <Evert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9C72F5B-AF26-436A-B6A5-B40EE99BBD3...

Attribute Related to Multiple Entities
Hi all, I want to know if you can relate an attribute to multiple entities. We've created a new attribute in the lead entity and now what to also associate this attribute with both accounts and contacts. If this possible? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. David On Mar 2, 6:28=A0pm, David J <d...@bishopranch.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I want to know if you can relate an attribute to multiple entities. > We've created a new attribute in the lead entity and now what to also > associate this attribute with both accounts and contacts. =A0If this > p...

Rename the Organization
Hello, Is there a way to change the name of the Exchange organization (Exchange 2003 in native mode) ? I read that it is neither possible to change the name of the organization nor to create a new organization in the same forest. Is there a workaround or another solution to migrate the Exchange server to another organization without too much trouble? Thanks Hassan "Hassan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Is there a way to change the name of the Exchange >organization (Exchange 2003 in native mode) ? >I read that it is neither po...

Rename a folder, but "rename" is not active
Somehow Outlook renamed my "inbox" folder. I want to change the name back, but the rename function is disabled. How do I do this? Thanks you need to start outlook with the /resetfoldernames switch. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Target area in Excel chart with different color
I have data of the following format X: year/month/day Y: independent value I want to highlight the area from Y to Y+0.5 for all X How could I do this in Excel 2003 ? Thank you Michael Jon has a tutorial on his site that should help . . . http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "mkengel" wrote: > I have data of the following format > X: year/month/day > Y: independent value > > I want to highlight the area from Y to Y+0.5 for all X > > How could I do this in Excel 2003 ? > > Thank you >...

Renaming Organization #2
Is there a documented procedure of renaming the exchange organization and site name of Exchange 2003? Is it even possible? Thanks TagaR On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:50:02 -0800, "TagaR" <TagaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a documented procedure of renaming the exchange organization and >site name of Exchange 2003? Is it even possible? > >Thanks >TagaR You really don't want to try and go near changing the org name. That way lies stress. There is no such thing as a "site" in E2K3 but you can change the name of the Administration Group i...

Renaming a user
I renamed a user in Active Director. When Send an email from the user, it still shows her old name. I am running Win2K and Exchange 2K. What elementary item am I missing? thanks, John You nee to make sure that the Display Name is renamed. To do this right click the user in ADUC and click rename. "John C. Weldin" <jweldin@focusbsi.com> wrote in message news:ejQM#8HVEHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I renamed a user in Active Director. When Send an email from the user, it > still shows her old name. > > I am running Win2K and Exchange 2K. > > What elem...

Create a new entity
Hi all, I just started on CRM and I need to capture Event records. From the schema manager there isn't such an entity and I cannot create an entity from schema manager and also not from the crm brower->settings->customization I need to maintain such a record type but at the same time I want to have the same kind of CRM UI for views and forms for "Event". Can I customise it to create entity or do i really have to create an external system (duplicating the UI painfully) from scratch and integrate it? Thanks, Keng Yuen MS CRM does not have a build-in capability to build ...

Why is MS Excel renaming worksheets (truncating names)? Is there a fix for this?
Why is MS Excel renaming worksheets (truncating names)? Is there a fix for this? Why is Excel renaming worksheets? Is there a fix for this? I am seeing something very strange with some Office-2003 Excel spreadsheets I am trying to manipulate. My spreadsheets contain many sheets (tabs), many with long names (e.g. 44 characters). When I make copies of these spreadsheets the names of some of the sheets get changed, i.e. truncated (e.g. down to 31 characters). This is a problem for me because QTP is using the names of the sheets to parse data. Are you aware of any issues in Excel which might cause...

rename
Hi I have several lists of names In C2 i have Mr & Mrs E. Mrs E. Rev. G. & Mr M. Mrs M. Mr & Mrs J. etc etc in D2 I have McAllister Hay Farquhar Russell Cuthbert etc etc How do I create a list in E2 McAllister Mr & Mrs E. Hay Mrs E. etc etc? -- Martin ���� Assuming names are not all in C2 or D2 but rather in columns C and D In E2 enter =D2 & " " & C2 Copy down. If all in one cell, how are they separated? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:00:14 +0000, Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: >Hi >I...