Removing Synchronised Contacts

We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client
pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system.

The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts
folder.

How can we remove the UAT contacts?

I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you
don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields?  Strange.

Any thoughts?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view.

Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone
List'.  Then, choose to customize the current view and add user defined
fields.  Add some of the CRM custom fields such as 'crmid' and 'crmxml'.
Then, sort the records by these fields, which will give you all of records
that came from CRM in a group.  You can select them all and delete them in
Outlook.

--
Jason

"Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook
> Client
> pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system.
>
> The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook
> Contacts
> folder.
>
> How can we remove the UAT contacts?
>
> I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you
> don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields?  Strange.
>
> Any thoughts?

0
Jason
9/12/2006 11:23:54 PM
Many thanks Jason,

When I open a contact in Outlook that has been sync, I can see in the All
Fields tab, the user defined fields in this item, including crmEntryID;
crmid; crmLinkState; etc, but when I try to add a field to a view, there is
only "User Defined Fields in Folder" that has no entires.

I've gone through all of the available fields & there isn't any of the
Microsoft CRM fields available.

"Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:

> You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view.
>
> Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone
> List'.  Then, choose to customize the current view and add user defined
> fields.  Add some of the CRM custom fields such as 'crmid' and 'crmxml'.
> Then, sort the records by these fields, which will give you all of records
> that came from CRM in a group.  You can select them all and delete them in
> Outlook.
>
> --
> Jason
>

> "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook
> > Client
> > pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system.
> >
> > The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook
> > Contacts
> > folder.
> >
> > How can we remove the UAT contacts?
> >
> > I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you
> > don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields?  Strange.
> >
> > Any thoughts?

Yes, the fields won't be available, you have to type them in.  In the Show
Fields dialog, click the New Field button and type in the name (crmid for
example).  Then add it to view.

--

> Many thanks Jason,
>
> When I open a contact in Outlook that has been sync, I can see in the All
> Fields tab, the user defined fields in this item, including crmEntryID;
> crmid; crmLinkState; etc, but when I try to add a field to a view, there
> is
> only "User Defined Fields in Folder" that has no entires.
>
> I've gone through all of the available fields & there isn't any of the
> Microsoft CRM fields available.
>
> "Jason Dibble [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view.
>>
>> Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as
>> 'Phone
>> List'.  Then, choose to customize the current view and add user defined
>> fields.  Add some of the CRM custom fields such as 'crmid' and 'crmxml'.
>> Then, sort the records by these fields, which will give you all of
>> records
>> that came from CRM in a group.  You can select them all and delete them
>> in
>> Outlook.
>>
>> --
>> Jason
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook
>> > Client
>> > pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system.
>> >
>> > The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook
>> > Contacts
>> > folder.
>> >
>> > How can we remove the UAT contacts?
>> >
>> > I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but
>> > you
>> > don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields?  Strange.
>> >
>> > Any thoughts?

0
Jason

Removal

Issue with Syncing Contacts in Outlook
After I create a contact in CRM, the contact is created in Outlook but without the 'Company' name. Why is this? Thanks That field is not a included in the mapping and unfortunately you cannot customize the mapping to add it. For a complete list, see this http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/07/03/655714.aspx This field mapping is something we are considering for a future release. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C05967D...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

Common Contacts List
Hi Outlook 2003 We have just installed a server in our work. There are 8 computers connected to it, each with Outlook. What we would really, really like, is to have just 1 Contacts List which is accessable to all users via Outlook. Preferably, this list would live on the server. Thanks - Dave. Is the server Exchange server? If not, is it configured for LDAP? If the answer to both is No, then you would need a 3rd party program to share contacts. See http://www.slipstick.com/OUTLOOK/share.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

remove Fax from address book?

Export Contacts to Central Account
Our company is looking for a way to export contacts from Outlook to a central account for a cheap CRM if you will. We want something we can schedule to run nightly. Anyone know of anything like this with VB or some other language? Andrew Tell us a lot more about your situation. Start with the absolute basics like what version of Outlook, whether you have Exchange, how users access Outlook etc. We cannot see over yourt shoulder. Here are some tips about how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant There are var...

Removing an item from menu

Serial Number Contact?
I found several similar questions, but not this one exactly. I downloaded 2007 Money Plus and installed. Computer crash wiped it out. I don't have the serial number. Is there a contact at Microsoft or DigitalRiver for finding this number? ...

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

Adding and removing removable drives

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

Removing BINS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01CA379C.F0CAF860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some thousand of BINS; creating so many problems while doing the = cycle counts because they have zero Qty. on Hand and Zero Beginning = Qty.. when I do the scheduling, I get hundreds of page of report with = zero on hand data. Now as per KB 874145, if there is ZERO on-hand and there is no un-posted = TRX and these bins are not assigned default BINS, these can be deleted. = Guess. No I have use...

How do I set up a group contact for email in Outlook 2007?
I'm somewhat new to Outlook. Had been using Outlook 2003 for contacts and calendar but still using Eudora (sponsored) for email. I've now bought a new computer and using Outlook 2007 (& Win7) for all. I also sync with my Windows mobile phone. I send out a support group meeting reminder as a volunteer. I have 21 email addresses on the list currently. I do not know most of the people. In Eudora, I had one contact with all the email addresses in the 1 contact. I would like to do the same in Outlook 2007, especially since I sync and don't want to clutter up the co...

User removed from Webport folder access
Hi, Whenever a report is published to Webport, some users would be automatically removed from folders which they have previously been granted access. In every of these cases, we have to delete the user ID, create them again, then assign them to the folders. Does anyone know what's the cause of this problem, and how we can rectify it without having to re-create the user ID, or to prevent this from happening in the first place? We are using Webport 6.5 with Great Plains 7.5 on Windows 2000 SP4. Thanks in advance! ...