Removing a Server from a Domain

I have an old 1.2 test server that's connected to our domain. I didn't setup
this server and no one has used it in 8 months. Can I just unplug it from the
domain/network?

Thanks
James
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes, if you're sure that the machine isn't being used for anything else
(e.g. SQL, file server).
CRM 1.2 also did quite a few things to Active Directory- lots of nested
groups - so you may want to clean that up as well, if you haven't already
done so. And It also used SQL replication to synchronize with clients, so if
you don't want to use replication, you should consider cleaning that up as
well.

Martin

"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an old 1.2 test server that's connected to our domain. I didn't
>setup
> this server and no one has used it in 8 months. Can I just unplug it from
> the
> domain/network?
>
> Thanks
> James

0
Martin

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

OWA on separate server ?
Hello, is it posible to deploy exchange 2003 sp2 on two server. That second one will carry OWA (and those web stuff). We gonna buy a separate web server and i thought that it would be nice to get owa on that server. TIA Absolutely. It is called a Front End / Back End Topology. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/febetop.mspx "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:%23$6x6HWVGHA.124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > is it posible to deploy exchange 2003 sp2 on two server. That second one > will carry OWA (and ...

Configuring exchange 5.5 behind ISA server
I am trying to implement exchange 5.5 behind a ISA server but could not get any information on how to go about.I don't know if this is actualy possible but if it is, please help me with the necessary information.Thanks for your help. Olumide I don't believe that the version of Exchange matters. In ISA, you have options to securely publish a mail server. All that does is create rulesets that SMTP, IMAP, POP3, etc. traffic get forwarded to a specific IP on the inside. There are plenty of documents on how to publish Exchange behind an ISA server over at http://isaserver.org....

Remove lines with +++

server-requested client action message
This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it would reset. Thanks. In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed: > This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 > every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including > Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and > deleting it hoping it would...

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

IMF global settings affect all servers
How can individual server UCE and SCL configurations be set to bypass the global setting? I’ve heard (TechEd?) this can be done in the registry on selective Exchange servers by I’m unable to find references to this. TIA Never heard such a thing is possible (despite working with IMF every day). cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Jim2007" <Jim2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BD2481B-5097-4617-9604-0D34A57CA2F3@microsoft.com... > How can ...

Removing an item from menu

Certain Domains are not being able to send.
Hi Everyone i have four domains that we can't send email thru. If you guys don't mind why would that be. I have SBS 2003 Premium. I have all the updates which includes SP1 and SP2 for exchange also i have sp1 for SBS 2003. I have certain domains that are stuck in queue. All the other domains that we send email messages are working fine. I just don't know why this is happening. I have installed GFI Mail Essentials. I am not sure what can be causing the problem for that we can't send email to the following domains: homelendingcapital.com socal.rr.com firstfundingcapital.co...

Need to remove selected characters

Mailbox recovery in exchange 2000 server
I have backed up my information store which has a mailboxstore in which my mailbox exits in one exchange server. I need to restore this mailbox to another exchange server in another forest . Can anybody provide step by step procedure to recover my mail box store into another exchange server in another forest . I have named the other exch srvr with same org name , admin grp , storage grp and mailbox store but restore does not seems to happen as my server names are different. reply thnks Hi Chicago it's probably because the name of the mailbox store and the name of the pulic store d...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

How do I force Outlook 2007 to connect to the server?
I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet in the hotel and to my company's network via VPN. When i open Outlook, it shows that it is working offline and I cannot find a way to change it. I've checked the email settings and it seems to find the server just fine, but will not change from being "offline." WTF? Within OL, File>Offline? "Tom S." <Tom S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8EEB36-AB95-48BE-B1C1-2AFFEBF44B3D@microsoft.com... >I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet...

connecting exchange servers in different forests...
hi, my company is in four different locations and we have @test.com, @mail.test.com, @downloads.test.com all are windows 2000 AD and windows 2003 exchanger servers. All these domains are in different forests and different exchange organisations. now my company want a common mail extension like @test.com to all the users for all these domain in different forests. Pls help me.. Why do they want a single email domain and still have separate AD domain forests. This is not a good plan. I would look at integrating all the Windows domains into one forest if they are serious about this. Exchan...

Removing password protection on a sheet

Uninstalling exchange server 2000
I want to uninstall exchange server 2000 from my windows 2003 server but I received a message that I need to move users to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling the server. I am new to exchange server. Please help. If the Exchange 2000 you can not remove a server if it has mailboxes still on it. You need to move these mailboxes to another Exchange server if you have one or delete them. Go to AD and do a find, change the find to Exchange Recipients in the box at the top and tick only Users with Exchange mailbox, then click on the storage tab and c...

unable to log on to server
outlook is now opening for me. when i attempt to logon, it fails, and i go into offline mode. what am i entering incorrectly in the logon box? the first box is gray with the http address. the second box is my email address, while the third is my password. i am thinking the web address may be incorrect. but since it is gray, how does it get changed? plus, how does one know what the correct web address is? esp when i am trying to use hotmail? thank you, momkoz momkoz <momkoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > outlook is now opening for me. when i attempt to logon, it fails, and...

Adding and removing removable drives