Remove Excel Icon ??

Hi,

I would like to remove the possibility to export data in
Excel. I think I already read it's impossible but I just
want to confirm.

Thanks,

Sylvie
0
sylvie
8/5/2004 3:49:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Your correct, there is no supported way to do this in the current release of
Microsoft CRM 1.2

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"sylvie" <sylvie.mondoux@proximi-t.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to remove the possibility to export data in
> Excel. I think I already read it's impossible but I just
> want to confirm.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sylvie

0
John
8/5/2004 7:57:25 PM
Ok, thanks. But do you know if that will be available in a
future release?

Sylvie

0
Sylvie
8/5/2004 8:11:00 PM
lets just say I would be suprised if it wasn't. This is a very common
question ie can I stop people running reports, exporting to excel etc. I am
expecting to see siginificantly more security options in the next release of
Microsoft CRM. We'll know more as we get closer to a release date.

--

> Ok, thanks. But do you know if that will be available in a
> future release?
>
> Sylvie

0
John
8/6/2004 4:23:52 PM
To give you a definitive answer:

Yes - This capability will be added in Microsoft CRM v2.0

Regards,
- Alex
----------
"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:u7FhEH9eEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> lets just say I would be suprised if it wasn't. This is a very common
> question ie can I stop people running reports, exporting to excel etc. I
am
> expecting to see siginificantly more security options in the next release
of
> Microsoft CRM. We'll know more as we get closer to a release date.
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "Sylvie" <sylvie.mondoux@proximi-t.com> wrote in message
> > Ok, thanks. But do you know if that will be available in a
> > future release?
> >
> > Sylvie

0
alex_simons
8/6/2004 9:39:25 PM
"alex_simons" <alexsi@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<uGHUg3$eEHA.704@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> To give you a definitive answer:
>
> Yes - This capability will be added in Microsoft CRM v2.0
>
> Regards,
> - Alex
> ----------
> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> message news:u7FhEH9eEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > lets just say I would be suprised if it wasn't. This is a very common
> > question ie can I stop people running reports, exporting to excel etc. I
>  am
> > expecting to see siginificantly more security options in the next release
>  of
> > Microsoft CRM. We'll know more as we get closer to a release date.
> >
> > --
> > John O'Donnell
> > Microsoft CRM MVP
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
> >

> > "Sylvie" <sylvie.mondoux@proximi-t.com> wrote in message
> > > Ok, thanks. But do you know if that will be available in a
> > > future release?
> > >
> > > Sylvie

Go to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\_grid

Edit action.js

Replace:

function exportToExcel(sGridName, sObjId)
{
 printGrid(sGridName, sObjId, true);
}

With:

function exportToExcel(sGridName, sObjId)
{
// printGrid(sGridName, sObjId, true);
}

Paul
0
paulfrancis71
8/19/2004 6:25:46 PM
Hi.  I was just reading through these old posts.  Was this functionality to
remove the Excel and the Printing Icons ever added to CRM 3.0?

I see that in 3.0 you can customize entities like the Account views, but
when you look into Customizing the Account Entity > Forms and Views, you
only see the Save and Save&Close buttons.

Thanks,
Sarah

0
Sarah123456
4/11/2006 6:58:18 PM
This is done under Security.

If you go into the Security Roles, open one up and go to the Business
Management tab.  There are Print and Export to Excel privileges you can take
away - then the icons do not appear.

As far as I know, this is a system wide setting and cannot be set by entity
type.

"Sarah123456" <sarah123456@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi.  I was just reading through these old posts.  Was this functionality
> remove the Excel and the Printing Icons ever added to CRM 3.0?
>
> I see that in 3.0 you can customize entities like the Account views, but
> when you look into Customizing the Account Entity > Forms and Views, you
> only see the Save and Save&Close buttons.
>
> Thanks,
> Sarah

0
Joe
4/11/2006 7:31:39 PM
Joe,

Thank you very much.

-Sarah

0
Sarah123456

an excellent time waster
Open a new blank workbook, go to the VBA immediate window and type cells = 1. This will fill every cell in sheet1 with a number 1. Save the file as number1.xls and close the file. Open another new blank workbook, go to the VBA immediate window and type cells = "a". This will fill every cell in sheet1 with a letter a. Save the file as lettera.xls and close the file. Now bring up the windows explorer and look at the size of both files. Why is the file with the letter "a" bigger than the file with the number 1? I thought a number takes up more bytes than a single lette...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Excel Options
How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ?/6 In article <B77FDD23-4A2D-430D-8375-34F9944CCAAC@microsoft.com>, "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display > 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? text format Thanks for the help. Let me take this question one step further. I want to create a bar graph that displays the fractional value taken from a table...

Removal

.prn Files to Excel
Hello, I work in a system that displays data in spreadsheet format (display only, not editable). The system does not allow you to copy to the clipboard. I would like to put this data into excel to manipulate. The only way I can see is to print to a file (*.prn). Is there a way to open or use this file format in excel along the lines of a CSV or TXT file. If I try and open it with Excel the page comes up with squares and symbols everywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ray Ray, As far as I know, you can't open a prn file in Excel and get any meaningful data. -- Co...

autofilled on excel
How do you get autofill to work. I'm following the directions and nothing is happening!!! Hi Susan, What is in the initial cell< and are you filling down or across? Regards - Dave. Oops, ignore the < thingie. ...

Remove lines with +++

How to create a shortcut in Excel?
How to create a shortcut in Excel? Hi Vova To a macro? To a sheet? A shortcut on the desktop to a file? Post back with more info and someone can help you -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Vova" <vcapko@gng.com.ua> wrote in message news:04c701c3cbbe$cc6a9e30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to create a shortcut in Excel? Vova wrote: > How to create a shortcut in Excel? One way (Excel 97): Insert >> Hyperlink ...

How to Remove SRS

3 hole punched paper and excel spreadsheets
Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com *** Add a newsgroup interface to your website today. On the print preview. Click the margins button. At the top border, there are small black tabs (margin tabs). If you drag the margin tabs over slightly, you may be able to get everything you want on the page. If it doesn't work exit the workbook but don't save the changes. Anywho, make a back...

Shortcuts of excel
I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to column 50 . are there any shortcut keys perform such action? are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel? thank you. "Page across" is Alt+PageDown. To page back towards the A column again you do Alt+PageUp. If you look in Excel Help you should be able to find a list of shortcut keys (it was there up to Excel 2000). Regards David "cclai" <chichung15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e7H2C9PqDHA.1020@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to perform a "horizontal...

Annoying things / Excel
Hello, I used to run excel 2000. I currently upgrade to excell 2002 and it nice and all but there are these really annoying pop up help boxes when I am working in excel. I copy cells and paste them to other cell all the time but then now this annoying popup box /clip board shows which blocks my view. I know what I am doing when i copy and paste....i dont need that pop-up clip board to keep showing. How do i disable it? -- Maxwell-5000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

Removing an item from menu

Excel PDF
Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? You can save an excel file as a PDF file but you have to have a PDF writer. "Craigv_2000" wrote: > Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? Craig For FREE!!! I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which you then convert to *.pdf Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:16...

Chart Plot Area changes in Excel 2007
I having problems with unstable formats of charts in an Excel 2007 spreadsheet (under Windows XP). When I re-open a spreadsheet, the plot area is usually contracted to a much smaller portion of the total chart area, leaving lots of white space around the edges. This happens repeatedly with some, but not all, of the charts in my spreadsheet. Some are x-y plots, some are combination line, bar plots. Is there any way to keep the size of the plot area from changing? ...

Need A formula in VBA ,Similar to NETWORKDAYS in excel
I would like to get only working days after excluding satuday and sunda and holidays. Holidays will be there in the range of sheet There is one formula in xls (NETWORKDAYS) , It would be appreciated i you can make it similar one. The format of NETWORKDAYS is NETWORKDAYS(STARTDATE,ENDDATE,HOLIDAY-RANGE) Regards Joph -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:03:12 -0600, jophy <<jophy.zycba@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I would like to get only working days after excluding satuday and sunday >and holidays. Holidays will be there in the rang...

remove Fax from address book?

Need to remove selected characters

Excel TEXT formatting
Hello, I want to use TEXT function in excel to format a number like -99.9854 to xxxxxx-99.9854 where 6 x's are 6 trailing white spaces. The number is in the range -99999.9999 to -0.9999. Any body can help please? KIS On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:15:50 -0700 (PDT), kis <kisitanggang@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to use TEXT function in excel to format a number like -99.9854 >to xxxxxx-99.9854 where 6 x's are 6 trailing white spaces. The number >is in the range -99999.9999 to -0.9999. Any body can help please? > >KIS > > > > Maybe it&#...

Exporting several xml levels from excel

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

excel 2003 #20
How do I use the voice recognition? http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/biztools/article.php/10730_2241211_2 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "mlhart" <mlhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E774E80-1499-47D6-8412-1FE46896409F@microsoft.com... > How do I use the voice recognition? Sorry, replied to wrong post "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:OVfK93ruEHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/biztools/article.php/10730_2241211_2 > > -- > > Ki...