Removal of Entity Navigational Pane Items

Can anyone spread any light on this problem please??

I have no need of the Existing Products, or Write-in Products menu
items within Invoice and Orders.  Does anyone know how to remove them??
 And also reorder that list.

Many thanks in advance

Ben

0
Ben
5/15/2006 3:10:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I too had to do this.

To achieve it, I ended up adding some client code to OnLoad event for the
form (ewww):

/* hide Write-In Products */
document.all.navWriteInProducts.style.display = "none";

I'd be thrilled to learn of a better solution, but I hope that helps,
Jacob.

"Ben" wrote:

> Can anyone spread any light on this problem please??
>
> I have no need of the Existing Products, or Write-in Products menu
> items within Invoice and Orders.  Does anyone know how to remove them??
>  And also reorder that list.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Ben

That is the only way to do it.  Opportunity Products, Quote Products, Order
Products and Invoice Products all inherit their security setting from their
parent entities.  Typically, you can just deny everyone privileges to see an
entity and they disappear, it doesn't work for these.  Contract Lines work
the same way.

Jason Hunt
Invoke Systems

"Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I too had to do this.
>
> To achieve it, I ended up adding some client code to OnLoad event for the
> form (ewww):
>
> /* hide Write-In Products */
> document.all.navWriteInProducts.style.display = "none";
>

> I'd be thrilled to learn of a better solution, but I hope that helps,
> Jacob.
>
> "Ben" wrote:
>
>> Can anyone spread any light on this problem please??
>>
>> I have no need of the Existing Products, or Write-in Products menu
>> items within Invoice and Orders.  Does anyone know how to remove them??
>>  And also reorder that list.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance
>>
>> Ben

0
Jason

No Labels for Assembly Items = Completely Unacceptable
The longer I use RMS, the more this bothers me. The Label Wizard even offers an Item Selection criteria option for Assembly Items. The trouble is that it doesn't work! It's apparent that design intent did exist for printing labels for assembly items. Riddle me this, Microsoft: how long will I wait before I get the functionality you so obviously intended? What is the point of even having an assembly item if I can't print a label for it? I beg you. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Give me labels for assembly items!!! My frustration runneth over, Tom -- The wor...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Remove lines with +++

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Not found error 204: item not in database
I created a work order for a customer and every time I bring it up , I get "Not found error 204: item not in database". then the work order comes up. I was wondering what is up with this? brent hi seems this error. the item which you used in work order has been deleted. Please check the printed work order and then go to store manager and find that it exists. Also "Brent" wrote: > I created a work order for a customer and every time I bring it up , I get > "Not found error 204: item not in database". then the work order comes up. > I was ...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

O2003
Finally switched from OE to Outlook 2003 so I can sync with PDA. Not impressed at all so far for many reasons I just send myself an email with .jpg attachements and the only way I can view them is by opening them up in a separate application. OE did this sooo nicely regardless of the format. TIA, Frank Not a feature of Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, MASTERCHIEF a...

Closing PO's shouldn't create GL batch for item already returned
I have an issue where an item was on PO for 240 units. It was over-received at 280 units. When the invoice arrived, they were billed for 240 units. Before this person matched the invoice, they questioned the receiver, did a physical inventory and found that they truely only received 240 units, not the 280 that was received. That person ran a Return WITHOUT credit for 40 units and posted it. Then they matched the invoice to the PO for 240 units as normal and posted that. Later that day the purchasing person noticed that the PO was not closed so she went into Edit Purchase orders and...

display mail item in window on top
I have suddenly started having the following problem when I try to view individual mail items... When I double-click on a mail item to view it, the item opens in a new window UNDERNEATH Outlook. To access it, I have to either double-click a second time (which brings the window to the front) or click on the portion of the mail window that is showing. I cannot find a way to change any of the settings so that the mail item will display on TOP. I have even gone as far as to completely reinstall Outlook. That actually did fix the problem -- for about 3 hours. Any suggestions? See anot...

Adding and removing removable drives

Deleting Messages in 'Deleted Items' Box in Outlook Express
I have XP home edition. Is there any way of deleting some messages in the 'Deleted Items' box other than individually selecting each one? I have lots of messages in there that I would like to temporarily keep and some I want to permanently discard. Is there some way of selecting whole blocks of messages from one person without individually selecting each message? Merryterry wrote: > I have XP home edition. Is there any way of deleting some messages in > the 'Deleted Items' box other than individually selecting each one? > > I have lots of messages in th...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

Messages being forwarded to sent items
I am running Win2k Small biz and using the exchane server. One user is reporting that every once in a while email messages are being forwared into her sent items instead of being put in the inbox. Thanks in Advance for your response ...