Remote Access

Has anyone set up a secure access to MSCRM over the internet?

Pierre H

0
Pierre
1/23/2004 6:15:27 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi:

If you're talking about the Outllok client you need to
set a VPN connection to your network to connect to the
CRM server.

For teh IE GUI all you need is a browser and a
connection...

John.

0
John
1/23/2004 8:02:09 PM
To make it secure, you can give it a certificate and run it over HTTPS.

Mike

"John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> If you're talking about the Outllok client you need to
> set a VPN connection to your network to connect to the
> CRM server.
>
> For teh IE GUI all you need is a browser and a
> connection...
>
> John.

0
GreaterThanTwo

Exch Server 2003 - Enable message tracking
I am trying to fix message tracking on one of our 2003 Exch Servers. The log file directory has a load of unreadable characters in it, but when I try to change it by pointing to either the existing log folder or a new one I get the following error; Existing folder; Access is denied Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070005 Microsoft Exchange Management I have looked the error up and checked the permissions on the following registry key; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipe\Winreg and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\language Everything seem correct so wh...

couldnt access data from BP 4 + GP 10 + Internet
I deployed BP4 + GP10 in the server. In LAN i am able to access all pages and data in BP like customer list, vendor, invocies, payments. sales commisons etc. When i am trying to access the BP site through internet( using public IP method ) i am able to see only few information ( Accounts, Items etc ). But wheni am trying to access inovices,Customer Balances , Sales and Commissions pages etc sample navigations: 1) xxxx Business Portal > Business Portal > Sales Center > Sales Center Pages > Sales Invoice List 2) xxxx Business Portal > Business Portal > ...

how to access siebel from MFC
Hi how to access siebel from MFC -- Sivaswami Jeganathan What is SIEBEL? Is it a database? Look here for general database/MFC: http://www.codeproject.com/database/ ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Using Access to create documents
I am new to this so I am might be completely misunderstanding the purpose of Access, but I was wondering if I can use Access to import a file from Excel, and then based on a certain condition (any entry that has a date before x in a specified column) populate Word documents. That is, for any entry that meets that condition, the rest of the data for that entry be used to fill in certain fields in an already created Word document. If there is a different way to go about this task, using a different combination of Office applications, that would be helpful too. I imagine it could be done ...

How do I store which user modified a record in Access 2007?
I am new to Access and have an Access 2003 database without user-level security that I am planning to convert to Access 2007. I would like to add fields to my database to store create_userid and modify_userid. Can someone help me with that please? The general concept is that you'd add fields to each table for which you wish to keep this information. The fields I generally add are: [CreateDate] [CreatedBy] [LastUpdated] [UpdatedBy] Then I add code in each form that displays table data. That code checks to see if the data is a new record or is an upda...

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Excel macro to create e-mail in Outlook Web Access
Hi, Where I work they've changed from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Web Access. At the end of each day I send a report by e-mail to several other people in the organisation. To date I've used a macro in Excel that takes figures from a worksheet and creates an e-mail in Outlook. If I'm logged in to Outlook Web Access, can I still get an Excel macro to create an e-mail message? Thanks, DL ...

Merging Access Contact Info Fields into Outlook VBA
I am trying to use the code below but would like to use an Access table to feed the 120 individual "email", "subject", "body" and "attachment" that I need. What would be the easiest solution to not have to copy this code for my 120 contacts? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. -------------------------------------------------- On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objEmail As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application") Set objEmail = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) ...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Access #2
Is there a version of microsoft access that can be run on a mac On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:07:09 -0500, perkon wrote (in article <13d901c439ef$09d2e680$3a01280a@phx.gbl>): Hi, > Is there a version of microsoft access that can be run on a mac All of them if you use Virtual PC... Otherwise, no. Access has not be ported to the Mac and will probably never be. Hopefully there are numerous excellent (and cross platform) database applications on the Mac the most common ones being 4D and FileMaker Pro. You can even use MySQL. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Franc...

access violation caused by cstring
We are working on a project where we need to migrate some code of an old application to a new application.The old app is an MFC app,which have some functions in the application class and document class which is required by the new app also.We created a dll project which is derived from the old app(Instead of directly deriving from CWinApp).So the hierarchy is as follows CWinApp<-Old app(COldApp)<-CNewDLLApp When the CNewDLLApp object is created(When LoadLibrary() is called),an access violation error is happening.It is caused in the constructor of COldApp where it is initialising a CStr...

access public folder from trusting domain
We are trying to configure access to a public folder from a trusted domain. The folder resides in the trusting domain on Exchange 5.5. A mailbox was created and the NT account on the box is a local group that includes a global group from the trusted domain. The global group includes the account of users who need to see the public folder. The mailbox was added to the DL that has Owner role on the public folder. As well, we created a folder for the user. For the user to be able to map to the share we added their nt account from that is in the trusted domain to the share. The nt accoun...

Access to project time and expense
I am new to GP and have installed GP8 with BP2.5. The problem is when attempting to access the project time or expense pages in BP. I receive the message, " you are not authorized to view this page". I have ran grantsql against the dynamic database but this seems to have had no effect. Can anyone tell me how to go about fixing this issue? Thanks in advance. ...

Difficulty in pulling email into Outlook from Outlook Web Access
I want to be able to send/receive e-mail locally in Outlook. In trying to setup my e-mail account with my local Outlook, I am unable to connect to my Outlook Web Access server to check the username or connect to the server. I have tried both http setup in Outlook and exchange server setup via the Control Panel>Mail. When trying to set it up as "http" Outlook -hangs- when connecting and eventually comes back with the message that it is unable to connect to the server and is going offline. When setting it up as an Exchange account, I get an Outlook Error message that says...

Remote Active Sync
Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have no idea how to setup Mobile Access. I would like to sync my pocket pc remotely. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Jose ...

Remoting
Can I launch with some api an application in a remote pc that is connected to the same lan? If the answer is positive, can I supply also parameters? Regards Mark Overall, the simple answer is "no". In fact, if you can do this, there is a security hole in your network large enough to drive a freight train through. Sideways. However, you can create secure techniques that can allow this; creating the security is a topic well beyond the scope we can discuss here, but what you have to do is create some kind of server process that launches the program with appropriate security cred...

Remote Office VPN Internet Access
Hi Have Remote Office (RO) PCs connected to Main Office (MO) (SBS 2003) via h/w router Site to Site VPN, on ADSL. Is it possible to route Internet traffic via the local router rather than using the SBS 2003 box for DNS. Objective is to reduce data traffic on the VPN. I am going to add 2nd ADSL line to split off and soley route the VoIP traffic usinng a static route. Or alternatively use a router with VPN trunking with QoS. However, if Internet traffic was kept 'local', the VPN would have more bandwidth for VoIP/files. -- Many Thanks Drew In article <6...

exporting xml from access 2000 query
Hi Im trying to convert an access 2000 query to xml with this vba code Attribute value VB_Name = "XML" Option Compare Database Option Explicit Sub QFN(MyQName As String, WithFormats As Byte) Dim MyDb As Database, TDefLoop As QueryDef, MySet As Recordset, MyFormat() As String Dim FNames() As String, n As Integer, MyF As Field, Tt As String, NumF As Integer Set MyDb = CurrentDb() For Each TDefLoop In MyDb.QueryDefs If TDefLoop.Name = MyQName Then Debug.Print "List of fields in '" & UCase(TDefLoop.Name) & "'" NumF = TDef...

Outlook '03 crashes when accessing delegate mailbox
Hello all, We have a group of people using Office 2003 w/SP1 against Exchange 2000. The secretaries have editor permissions on their boss's calendars and mailboxes. This all worked great back when we were using Outlook 2002. The problem didn't change when Office SP 1 was installed. Now at times the secretaries get errors when trying to access calendars (unable to open folder) and on one of them as soon as she clicks the boss's mailbox Outlook crashes. The secretaries' machines are set to open the additional mailboxes on login. Oh, one more thing: the Exchange server is adminis...

Putting Database on Server so other Employees can access it
I just put a database I created on our server. The other 2 people who will be using it arent able to open it up though. Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to fix this so they can use it? Thanks for your help!!! 1. All users of the database must have at least read, write, create, delete (or modify) privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the database .mdb file, but the entire folder. 2. Open the database and go to Tools, Options, and Advanced Tab. Set the Default Open mode to Shared and the Default Record Locking to Edited Record. (...

OLEDB connection from Access to RMS
I am well-versed in the design and development of database applications, and want to connect to the RMS store operations database via MS Access. I need help configuring the OLEDB settings in Access to connect to the RMS store operations database. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me the settings that need to be selected to make the connection. -- FRB hi FRB, here are the settings: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=sa;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=RMSSample;Data Source=RMSServer the Catalog is your database name and Data Source is Name of RMS Server. Ra...

remote connections
In SS2K , how to enable remote connections ? For example, from my machine, within SEM I'd like to create a "New SQL Server Registration" connection to that machine. This has always worked for me in the past, but today I've encountered an SS2K instance which gives me a "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect())" error. Does it matter if the target instance is configured as "Windows Authentication" vs "Mixed Mode" ? I'm attempting the "New SQL Server Registration" via Windows Authentication. I...

Access form in 2003 vs Access form in 2007
I created an Access form in 2003 that contains 3 command buttons (like a switchboard). It works fine on my system but when I take it to a Vista machine with Access 2007 nothing works. Any suggestions? -- FKB Thanks Beetle, worked like a charm. Not quite the correct instructions but close enough that I could wing it the rest of the way. I'll be careful how I fish the beetle next summer. -- FKB "AR trout fisherman" wrote: > I created an Access form in 2003 that contains 3 command buttons (like a > switchboard). It works fine on my system but when I take it to a Vis...

How access/query/update MS Excel file using VC?
Hi, how do one manipulate excel files using Visual C? e.g. read col A, row 1 and change it ... for excel file "myFile.xls" is there any convenient MFC classes for that? Thanks in advance ...

changing contents of a sheet remotely
Hi, I have a list of jobs on sheet1 col A contains the job number, Sheet2 is an invoice, i enter job numbers into col A and Vlookups operate in the other cols. When i enter a number into sheet2 i would like the row which contains this job number to have the date entered into col M so i can easily check if a job has been charged out. What is the command for this, will it have to be run as a macro? If i then go on to enter numbers in a list down to cell A38 on sheet 2 is the best way to write code to look at all the numbers at once and adjust sheet1 accordingly? Or input the job numbers via a...