Remote access for CRM web client

Does anyone have any experience of usage or performance issues when running a
CRM web client over
1) 1.8 mbps 3G mobile broadband
2) 56k dial-up connection?

Thanks,

Kevin

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

HI Kevin,

We have clients running the CRM web client using a mobile broadband
VPN into the company network, to my knowledge they don't have any
performance issues with it. I have not work with any clients that they
are using a 56k dial-up connection. This also depends on how much data
that each user is going to bring down through the pipe. If the user's
setting is to load 250 records instead of 50 records per page, it will
slow down the views in CRM. Hope this helps, etc...

Darren Liu, CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com
http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm

On Oct 10, 6:39 am, K. Beel. <K. Beel. @discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience of usage or performance issues when running a
> CRM web client over
> 1) 1.8 mbps 3G mobile broadband
> 2) 56k dial-up connection?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

0
Darren

Sync Issues with Sales for Outlook Client
In short, I haven't touched this product for about 18 months and unfortunately, I have virtually forgotten everything about this application. Therefore, I could really use your help in addressing an issue that I think we encountered before deploying it. Let's say user Joe Cool got a new PC (Windows XP SP2) in which we installed the Sales for Outlook Client. Ever since he got the new PC, he's had trouble syncing when he goes offline. When online, we see what we're expected to see while in the Sales for Outlook Client wihin Outlook. When we go offline, we don't se...

Using Access to create documents
I am new to this so I am might be completely misunderstanding the purpose of Access, but I was wondering if I can use Access to import a file from Excel, and then based on a certain condition (any entry that has a date before x in a specified column) populate Word documents. That is, for any entry that meets that condition, the rest of the data for that entry be used to fill in certain fields in an already created Word document. If there is a different way to go about this task, using a different combination of Office applications, that would be helpful too. I imagine it could be done ...

Exch Server 2003 - Enable message tracking
I am trying to fix message tracking on one of our 2003 Exch Servers. The log file directory has a load of unreadable characters in it, but when I try to change it by pointing to either the existing log folder or a new one I get the following error; Existing folder; Access is denied Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070005 Microsoft Exchange Management I have looked the error up and checked the permissions on the following registry key; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipe\Winreg and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\language Everything seem correct so wh...

how to access siebel from MFC
Hi how to access siebel from MFC -- Sivaswami Jeganathan What is SIEBEL? Is it a database? Look here for general database/MFC: http://www.codeproject.com/database/ ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

couldnt access data from BP 4 + GP 10 + Internet
I deployed BP4 + GP10 in the server. In LAN i am able to access all pages and data in BP like customer list, vendor, invocies, payments. sales commisons etc. When i am trying to access the BP site through internet( using public IP method ) i am able to see only few information ( Accounts, Items etc ). But wheni am trying to access inovices,Customer Balances , Sales and Commissions pages etc sample navigations: 1) xxxx Business Portal > Business Portal > Sales Center > Sales Center Pages > Sales Invoice List 2) xxxx Business Portal > Business Portal > ...

How do I store which user modified a record in Access 2007?
I am new to Access and have an Access 2003 database without user-level security that I am planning to convert to Access 2007. I would like to add fields to my database to store create_userid and modify_userid. Can someone help me with that please? The general concept is that you'd add fields to each table for which you wish to keep this information. The fields I generally add are: [CreateDate] [CreatedBy] [LastUpdated] [UpdatedBy] Then I add code in each form that displays table data. That code checks to see if the data is a new record or is an upda...

CRM 3.0 on different Domain trees
Hi there, i wants to install am CRM 3 in a Company with 2 different Domain trees (and also 2 different Exchange Servers). Is there's a possibility to install two Exchange Connectors? Thanks in advance ...

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Invalid ArgumentDo message when sending an email from CRM outlook
Hi there, The following scenario, a CRM email is created within Outlook. The value of from field is replaced by an other CRM contact, in this case Sales@......., the on behalf setting is made. When hitting the send button the following error occurs: Invalid Argument. Do you want to send the e-mail? if you Click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Thanks, Jean-Paul I have a client with the same issue. I have been working with Microsoft on it but nothing yet. This client is using 4.0, outlook 2003, not using t...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Excel macro to create e-mail in Outlook Web Access
Hi, Where I work they've changed from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Web Access. At the end of each day I send a report by e-mail to several other people in the organisation. To date I've used a macro in Excel that takes figures from a worksheet and creates an e-mail in Outlook. If I'm logged in to Outlook Web Access, can I still get an Excel macro to create an e-mail message? Thanks, DL ...

Blackberry email tracking in crm 4.0
Hi, can anyone tell me if blackberry emails are supposed to automatically track within CRM 4.0? We are tracking emails through outlook into crm fine but BB emails are not tracking for some reason. We have our own BES and exchange server. I know you can buy 3rd party software but according to one of the reps of that company, he claimed it should be tracking by itself w/out 3rd party. Is anyone sucessfully doing this? thank you! I am no expert, but I have been working with BB/BES and CRM and up till now what I seen is that email already marked for tracking (i.e. a reply to one marked as t...

Merging Access Contact Info Fields into Outlook VBA
I am trying to use the code below but would like to use an Access table to feed the 120 individual "email", "subject", "body" and "attachment" that I need. What would be the easiest solution to not have to copy this code for my 120 contacts? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. -------------------------------------------------- On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objEmail As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.application") Set objEmail = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) ...

Access #2
Is there a version of microsoft access that can be run on a mac On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:07:09 -0500, perkon wrote (in article <13d901c439ef$09d2e680$3a01280a@phx.gbl>): Hi, > Is there a version of microsoft access that can be run on a mac All of them if you use Virtual PC... Otherwise, no. Access has not be ported to the Mac and will probably never be. Hopefully there are numerous excellent (and cross platform) database applications on the Mac the most common ones being 4D and FileMaker Pro. You can even use MySQL. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Franc...

Anyone having difficulty installing the new CRM3c client?
I have a brand new box running XP and Office 2007 that I built up that has all of the updates installed. I have attempted many times to run the installation of the new CRM 3c client (the one compatible with Vista and Office 2007) and after running through a few of the screens, it errors on the System Requirements screen, saying: "The installed version of Microsf Outlook is not support by the Microsoft CRM client. Please upgrade to the current release of Microsoft Outlook." Ironic considering I'm running the latest and greatest of everything. I did find a post on the ne...

access violation caused by cstring
We are working on a project where we need to migrate some code of an old application to a new application.The old app is an MFC app,which have some functions in the application class and document class which is required by the new app also.We created a dll project which is derived from the old app(Instead of directly deriving from CWinApp).So the hierarchy is as follows CWinApp<-Old app(COldApp)<-CNewDLLApp When the CNewDLLApp object is created(When LoadLibrary() is called),an access violation error is happening.It is caused in the constructor of COldApp where it is initialising a CStr...

Outlook 2003 Shortcut to Web Page
I can't find the trick to add a web page to the Outlook shortcut bar. It contains just one thing in "My Shortcuts", which is a link to the Microsoft Office Upgrade site. I used to be able to add web pages to my shortcut bar in Outllok, but I can't find that utility in Outlook 2003. If you click "Add Shortcut", all you can add is a folder. Drag the shortcut to the shortcut bar and drop it on the group name. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outloo...

access public folder from trusting domain
We are trying to configure access to a public folder from a trusted domain. The folder resides in the trusting domain on Exchange 5.5. A mailbox was created and the NT account on the box is a local group that includes a global group from the trusted domain. The global group includes the account of users who need to see the public folder. The mailbox was added to the DL that has Owner role on the public folder. As well, we created a folder for the user. For the user to be able to map to the share we added their nt account from that is in the trusted domain to the share. The nt accoun...

Client CPU 100% memory inc 4KB
I have a client running WinXP Pro Outlook 2002 (setup test machine same issue) connecting to Exchange2000. Symptoms - Open Outlook reminders popup CPU100% forever, Open received meeting request click any response 'tentative, accept, reject' same issue. PROBLEM DOES NOT OCCUR WHEN USING OWA..... I noticed that the Outlook.exe process in task manager at 98-100% initial memory level normal, then increases by 10KB after a few minutes memory increases by 4KB every few seconds. I let it go for several hours memory continued to increased, outlook still appears hung no change in Exchange ser...

Access to project time and expense
I am new to GP and have installed GP8 with BP2.5. The problem is when attempting to access the project time or expense pages in BP. I receive the message, " you are not authorized to view this page". I have ran grantsql against the dynamic database but this seems to have had no effect. Can anyone tell me how to go about fixing this issue? Thanks in advance. ...

CRM very slow
We have been running CRM v1.2 successfully since Xmas, but suddenly the system seems VERY slow. Just opening the home page takes several minutes. It's even slow if you access the home page using IE on the CRM server itself! Has anyone come across this? Thanks Hi Rob, do you have any application or system event log errors? Might first guess might be some kind of DNS problem. Also, when you check the CPU and memory usage, is there anything un-normal? What about page faults? Mike "Rob Hewes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006801c3dc48...

Error font or character email template CRM
hI cOMMUNITY, How i doing about the error font in the email template, because i write email show perfect but later in the client show character error for example:    Please i need trobleshooting that problem ...

Difficulty in pulling email into Outlook from Outlook Web Access
I want to be able to send/receive e-mail locally in Outlook. In trying to setup my e-mail account with my local Outlook, I am unable to connect to my Outlook Web Access server to check the username or connect to the server. I have tried both http setup in Outlook and exchange server setup via the Control Panel>Mail. When trying to set it up as "http" Outlook -hangs- when connecting and eventually comes back with the message that it is unable to connect to the server and is going offline. When setting it up as an Exchange account, I get an Outlook Error message that says...

Remote Active Sync
Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have no idea how to setup Mobile Access. I would like to sync my pocket pc remotely. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Jose ...

Questions about outlook client offline mode for 4.0
Does anyone know if importing 30,00 contacts into my outlook is going to increase the size of my mailbox on the exchange sever or are the crm contacts and other information store in a seperate datebase? I guess my underlining question is how does crm work with outlook, where does data get stored, how much can it impact the space on the harddrive if I synconize with crm offline? I can find any documentation on this topic, any help would be great!! Sorry I CAN NOT find any documantation on this topic. Any help would be great! "Rich" wrote: > Does anyone know if importing ...