Reminders in CRM

Can I set reminders in CRM? If I am replying to an email, I see that I can
set a "Due" date, but there doesn't seem to be any option for setting a
reminder.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is nothing that "pops-up", if that's what you mean.  but the "my home
page" view in the CRM summarizes upcoming and past-due tasks.

Dave

"BM" <BM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I set reminders in CRM? If I am replying to an email, I see that I can
> set a "Due" date, but there doesn't seem to be any option for setting a
> reminder.

0
Dave
9/19/2005 1:45:26 PM
Yes,
If you use Sales for Outlook, you will get a reminder pop up!
Regards

Fred

0
Frederick

CRM\Accounting program recommendations
What accounting program works\integrates best with CRM 3 for small business environments of <75 users? Use Microsoft Accounting or Quick books with Microsoft CRM. I have done integration with Quickbooks with MS CRM 3.0 -- Happy Programming........ Thanks, Imran www.pkblogs.com/microsoftcrm3 "Monte" wrote: > What accounting program works\integrates best with CRM 3 for small business > environments of <75 users? Hi Monte, For non-MS small business apps, I only know of QB having an integration with CRM. On the MS side as of today, there hasn't been any ne...

CRM Server Installation Error!!!
Hello, I had installed CRM Server(Demo Version from Action Pack) in a pc which has Windows 2000 Server. Active Directory, Exchange Server are in another Server(PDC) which has windows 2000 Server OS. There is a problem since i have uninstalled CRM Server, CRM Databases and Active Directory objects because of a problem during previous installation. When i try installing again CRM Server the following msg is displayed : "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to determine your account name". Also i have the following log file: [15:45:35] ===========> ...

MS CRM Professional Exam Learning Resource verification
Dear all! can you guide me, is this(below) some document which is mentioned in the preparationg guide, if this is then can u plz give me a link to download it, Essential Learning Resources: Microsoft CRM Applications - manual Thanks faraz Why should we? You will be our [cheap] competitor then. :^) <farazfastian@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127748283.995860.278180@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Dear all! can you guide me, is this(below) some document which is > mentioned in the preparationg guide, if this is then can u plz give me > a link to download it, > > ...

Direct Dial and Fax for CRM
Howdy group, Are there any add-ons out there for Direct Dial or Fax from CRM? My users are looking for a button to actually fax\dial from CRM contacts. Suggestions are most welcome! We're using the Cisco CRM web dialer for direct dial. So far we like the feature and are still testing this. "kat" wrote: > Howdy group, > > Are there any add-ons out there for Direct Dial or Fax from CRM? My users > are looking for a button to actually fax\dial from CRM contacts. > Suggestions are most welcome! Is Cisco CRM web dialer of plug and play type? Have you ...

crm entities
hi there hope someone can help......... SME in north west england. getting used to CRM with a small amount of it experience. Whilst tracking leads i have created fields with picklist to see where the various enquiries are comming from, i want them to carry over when the lead is converted into a contact or account. i cannot find how to do this.. is it possible without creating an individiual one on each form..........? Please help me CRM your my only hope!! Hi, You will need to create a picklist on account and contact. Than using mapping, you can map lead's picklist with account or ...

CRM Grids with no check boxes
The check boxes that display in the contact grid and account grid are not displaying. How can I fix this? The check boxes are used to select the contact or account that you want to act on or mail merge to. Please help. What version of CRM are you useing? 1.0 or 1.2? the checkboxes were removed in CRM 1.2 and can be selected byt using the CTRL or SHIFT key for multiple selections. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:896e01c432b0$fec8c560$a401280a@phx.gbl... > The check boxes that display in the contact grid and > account grid are not displaying. How...

CRM 3.0 Reporting
I need to convert my custom Crystal reports to srs. Are there step by step instructions for creating reports in srs? Do you have to have Studio installed? What is the best and quickest methods for report generation? You need visual studio to write SRS reports. You can get information on creating crm reports by looking at the SDK http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9c178b68-3a06-4898-bc83-bd14b74308c5&DisplayLang=en Note that thre are also companies on the web offering to convert crystal reports to srs for about 25 dollars a report. They do not guarantee to gi...

CRM HArdware Question
Hello, We currently have CRM 1.2 with the following hardware Server 1 - CRM 1.2 and SQL server Server 2 - Exchange 2003 Other Servers - DC etc. I was wondering if I can have CRM 1.2, SQL server and Exchange 2003 all on the same box ? i.e. Server 1 : CRM 1.2, SQL , Exchange. This server will be a Dual Xeon with 1GB RAM. Thank you in advance. vikrantca As long as you are willing to live with the performance implications, this should work. The key is that you have your DC's on other machines. There can be some imcompatibilities with AD residing on the CRM server, but the other co...

Calendar Folder in CRM addon Outlook
I need to clarify an issue that has generated a heated debate. The CRM folder in Outlook contains a structure similar to the web interface eg. Workplace/My Work/Activities. Now my manager was adament that he saw a user had the CRM Calendar within Outlook. In other words a calendar subfolder just like Activities that presented the CRM calendar (not Outlook standard calendar). Whereas I feel it was never there. I did manage to create one but it would prove too complicated for this user to replicate. I was always under the impression that there were subtle differences between the web versi...

CRM Outlook Sales Client question
My users have this kind of problem on sending CRM e-mail with Sales on Outlook. (We are using Outlook 2002 and 2003, Exchange 2000, CRM v1.2) When they send CRM e-mail by pressing CRM E-mail button, the sent messages go to either draft or delete items folder instead of Sent Items folder. Is it normal? Because I believe as long as that e-mail activity is linked to the contact, account, or opportunity, then "Mission Accomplished"; right (If we use CRM Web Client to send e-mail, it will be the same situation and we won't find any "Sent Message" at all)? And I saw those se...

2 Exchange with 1 CRM ?!
Hi NG; I have a working CRM with Exchange 2003 SQL-Server CRM-Server 1 AD and all works great. Now I have some users on another Exchange-Server who want to use the email-functionality too. Up to now they are able to send crm-mails, but of course it is not possible that incoming mails with a guid were routed into the crm-system. For this I installed the mscrm-connector on our second exchange 2003 server. The first is the mailbox-sever and the second is a smtp-connector, no frontend or something like that. My problem now is, that incoming mails are not routed into our crm! Any Ideas? ...

Full Text Indexing Error on CRM Install
Hi I'm getting the following error during install at select SQL Server "Full-Text Indexing needs to be running on the specified SQL server." I've installed Index Service, and also went back and reinstalled the full text module in SQL Server 2000. Still getting the error. How do I fix this? Hi Have you checked the indexing service is started in services? Regards Dan "amwbgi" wrote: > Hi > > I'm getting the following error during install at select SQL Server > > "Full-Text Indexing needs to be running on the specified SQL server....

CRM System Tray Icon shows as a black square.
Having installed the CRM Outlook Client for Laptops, the system tray icon was working fine, but, after a few reboots (but no changes) now just shows as a black square. If I hover over it, it says CRM CLient - Online as usual, and doesnt appear to be affecting the operation of CRM at all, its just damn annoying. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? And/or got a fix for it? I've tried the old de/re install and that's made no difference what so ever. T. I finally fixed this by uninstalling CRM, and then manually removing all the CRM DLL's. Then a reboot and reinstall, and th...

CRM 3 Custom Entity Edit and Delete
I've created two custom entites which one relates to the other (many to one). When I create a new record on one of them (the one) I can select from the side menu bar a view of the other one (the many). I am able to create a new record from this view but I cannot edit or delete the record once it is created. If I do the same relationship and configuration between a custom entity and a system entity (the system being the many) I am able to create, edit and delete the system entity records from the same type of view. What do I need to do to make my custom enity records editable and ...

Act! to CRM
How would I go about migrating act data into CRM. I have been to export to a acess data base but it need to be a csv file. Any Help with this would be great. Mike Buy Scribe http://www.scribesoft.com "Michael Truffa" wrote: > How would I go about migrating act data into CRM. I have been to export to a > acess data base but it need to be a csv file. Any Help with this would be > great. > > Mike > > > Hi Michael, You could buy scribe as peter advices, but there's also a tool delivered with mscrm. This tool is the Data Migration Tool. It&#...

Customized app with CRM for POCKET PC???
Hi, I am trying to develop a cutomized application for Pocket PC. I would like to use web service of MS CRM in the application. Here is what I did. In Visual Studio .NET, 1. Create Smart Device Application Project. To use web service, 2. I added Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy and Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types in the References folders. 3. added 'using Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy' in the source code; 4. void GetCRM(String urlCRM) { BizUser objBizUser = new BizUser(); objBizUser.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("ID","PASSWORD","MYDOMAIN"); obj...

OWA CRM?
Is there a way to have our Exchange 2003 OWA client integrate with our CRM? I mean, is it possible to have the OWA list the CRM folders like the actual Outlook program does after installin the CRM client? If so, what do I need to do to make it happen? Thanks in advance. - Brian Allen Theres no flip of the switch on this one,......you'd have to write you're own app using the SDK, and that would be very impressive if someone pulled that off, even for an ISV.... -Gary "Brian Allen" <brian@biznetis.net> wrote in message news:1a94301c41e66$47889f50$a401280a@phx.gbl...

Cant Import Users from CRM 3.0 Sample Data
Hello I have followed the Implementation Guide on how to set up the sample database for CRM 3.0. It all seems to go smoothly but all the data is installed except the users. I have set the users up in Active Directory but they refuse to be recognised. ... Any ideas?? I am having the same exact problem. All Sample Data except the Sample Users are imported into CRM 3.0. I have them created in AD and they are NOT in CRM prior to SD install. Any advice here? Thanks .... Scott "Mark Macrae" wrote: > Hello > I have followed the Implementation Guide on how to set up the samp...

Cannot copy data from CRM to GP
I'm really stuck here and if you wouldn't mind answering a question I'd be eternally grateful. I have installed both CRM and GP and the connector and I'm trying to use the data synchronization tool to migrate data from CRM (which has all the data today) to GP (which has no data in it yet). I have run the tool on several types of data such as lists of customers and the log says "successful" for most of the items when moving from CRM to GP. When I log into GP I'm not seeing any of the migrated data. Here's some info about my environment. 1. Machine A has CRM,...

Treat All Incoming emailas CRM Email
When I set this option on the SFO client it says som server configuration required but I cant see what needs to be done on the server. Anyone know? Roger On the server, the administrator needs to go to the user's record in Active Directory. Right click on the user and select Properties. Click the "Exchange Advanced" tab. Click the "Custom Attributes" button and then select the first attribute in the list, then click Edit. In the window that opens up, type "CRMEmailEnabled" without the quotes. Click OK to save this custom attribute. Now all email s...

CRM desktop client #2
is there any type of visual indication from the CRM 3.0 desktop client that will notify a user that another user has logged on or has been logged on? -- life is only like a box of chocolates if you live it with your eyes wide shut not without writing an external tool to do that, i do not think. -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com Joe B wrote: > is there any type of visual indication from the CRM 3.0 desktop client that > will notify a user that another user has logged on or has been logged on? ...

Compare and Merge Two different CRM Instances
We have two different CRM environments that we want to merge into one. My first step was to try and compare the different instances to see what the different were between them. I exported all of the customizations from each and performed a diff. Yuck. Since the customizations don't export the elements in the same order it looks like their are over 7,000 differences between the two files. Reality says that at best there may be 50-100. Is there any way to get these to output in the same order so that I can get a more realistic diff between them? The only other thought I have at this po...

CRM SERVICE CRMTRACE RUNS EVERY FIVE MINUTES AND CANT STOP IT
this service is constantly start ng on our system and using resources. how do we stop it Refer to registry setting on CRM Server HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM Check that "TraceEnabled" has been set to 0 Good luck! "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB43D905-BF5E-4801-9B7D-6FFFDB4DB932@microsoft.com... > this service is constantly start ng on our system and using resources. how > do > we stop it thanks Daniel. It was and is set to 0 which makes it very unusual "Daniel Tan" wrote: > Refer to registry setti...

CRM tag in subject line and Antispam???
What is the word on this? Is is a problem that creates real issues or is it something that only happes a few times? Thanks in advance... Jake Its created problems for us, so we had no choice but to disable it. Otherwise you'll lose corporate emails, and sometimes never know (what if the receiver never finds out that their spam filter caught it?). Doesn't look like this will be changed for a very long while. Its very disappointing, and quite frankly pathetic on MS's part.............a customer RELATIONSHIP manager depends highly on email, and a system without tracking is pret...

Getting the dateformat of CRM in javascript
Hi, I am newb to crm. Using iframe i am displaying an external aspx page in accounts form. i would like to know is there a way to get the dateformat used by crm in javascript and send it as querystring to my aspx page. so that i can format the date fields in my aspx page in the dateformat used by crm. Thanks and reagrds All Crm files call include a file /_controls/settings.aspx as a javascript file. This file contans variabels about the date format. The file returns the following (on my system): var ORG_DATE_FORMAT = 7;var ORG_DATE_SEPARATOR = '\u002d';var ORG_DATE_START_DAY ...