relocate field position

Hi,
Is it possible to relocate a field position with onLoad script? For ex,
based on some condition I want to move name field from first tab to second
tab.
0
ismail1 (13)
6/16/2008 7:50:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I personally havent seen this, possible workaround would be to create two
fields, hide one and show the other dynamically, also when this change
happens you could give the share the value i.e

tab 1                                  tab2

name1                              name2

and create some code that does the following

name1.hide
name2.show
name2.value = name1.value
or visa versa?

good luck, and tell us how you get on!
--
http://halo9.co.uk/blog

"ismail" wrote:

> Hi,
> Is it possible to relocate a field position with onLoad script? For ex,
> based on some condition I want to move name field from first tab to second
> tab.
Thank you for the suggestion. In fact, I have tried your suggestion before,
but it does not fit my case. Thre are approximately 200 hundred fiedls in the
incident form. I can change the field names dynamically, so evertything is ok
while on the form. But, this time, advanced find and reports trouble.

"Jonathan Nachman" wrote:

> I personally havent seen this, possible workaround would be to create two
> fields, hide one and show the other dynamically, also when this change
> happens you could give the share the value i.e
>
> tab 1                                  tab2
>
> name1                              name2
>

> and create some code that does the following
>
> name1.hide
> name2.show
> name2.value = name1.value
> or visa versa?
>
> good luck, and tell us how you get on!
> --
> http://halo9.co.uk/blog
>

> "ismail" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Is it possible to relocate a field position with onLoad script? For ex,
> > based on some condition I want to move name field from first tab to second
> > tab.
0
ismail1 (13)

Relocate Bad Mail Directory
My BadMail directory is causing me to get a message that my C:\ size is getting lesser everyday and I found out that it's due to the Bad Mail directory. Right now it's about 1.2 GB in size. Is it possible to relocate this to another bigger volume? If yes, what are the precautions, like permissions to the new volume/folder? Can I delete files in the directory before moving? Do I have to stopped any services or dismount any stores. Please help. Thanks. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO First I would ensure you are not open for Relay, this could be the cause for your BadMail folder growing so...

Scrolling in Memo Field
I have a single form with a memo field with a vertical scroll bar.. If I use the mouse scroll while the curser is in the memo field the next record shows up. The mouse scrolling does not scroll the Text within the memo field... Is there a way I can stop the record from scrolling up & only the Vertical Scroll Bar of the memo field to scroll? I have looked at www.lebans.com/mousewheelonoff.htm to turn off mouse wheel but that is not what I want as I want the Vertical Scroll Bar to scroll only... Anyone have any suggestions???? -- LD Hi, I use Stephen Lebans mousewheeloff module a...

Link child fields & Link master fields
Link child fields Link master fields I'm use this code to link master form and sub form Me.subclient.LinkMasterFields = "Text6" Me.subclient.LinkChildFields = "text7" The code work correctly What I want I want to remove the link I'm use this code but not work Me.subclient.LinkMasterFields = "" Me.subclient.LinkChildFields = "" What happen No record will display in the subform client Is there any way to display all records after remove the link ...

calculating multiple fields in an unbound text box
I have a report based on a query that links 2 tables by the field "Type". Each tiype in the one table has a minimum price. The other table has the type and actual sales prices in four different fields of which only one is used in the calculations. I am calculating the difference between actual selling price and minimum price. the problem I am having is that although the minimum price is always desplayed for the type, the calculation does not work for the different fields. If the first field is null, then the next 3 fields should be checked. The other fields may or may not be ...

Regarding field data disappears from CRM Task when copying to Cale
I've created a workflow rule so that a TASK is created, whenever I've made an ORDER in CRM. In Outlook, I sometimes schedule or time register by copying tasks to the Outlook Calendar, thus converting them to an Appointment in the process. Hereby, the field "Regarding" (placed just right of "Track in CRM") which refers to the ORDER from which the TASK was created, is emptied, and I have to point to the order again manually. Does someone know of a method to solve this problem? Thanks ...

Relocation
I need to transfer Personal Folders and current Inbox emails, calendar and contacts from MS Outlook XP. The emails and folders will go to MS Outlook express but Calenadar and contacts should go in Lotus Notes. Any ideas of how to do this? Many Thanks, Marios Koumides ...

Copy 2 fields from subform into new form
Hi, Really do not understand VBA. I want to copy the ID fields in a subform and paste them into a new form via a command button. Many thanks in advance Charlotte On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:22:01 -0800, Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Really do not understand VBA. I want to copy the ID fields in a subform and >paste them into a new form via a command button. > >Many thanks in advance > >Charlotte You'll have to give us a bit more context, I'm afraid! Are you working on the *design* of a form? or copyin...

Merge an alpha field and a numeric field
I would like to merge an alpha field with a numberic field. Not sure it this is possible. Thanks How do you want to merge them - put the 2 results into another cell? Then you can use =A1&B1 (assuming the alpha & numeric fields are in A1 & B1!) Do you mean Merge Cells? If 2 cells both contain data, then merging them will only keep the data in the upper left cell. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "grams" wrote: > I would like to merge an alpha field with a numberic field. Not sure it this > is possible. > > Thanks Try =concatenate(a1,b2) "grams" wrote:...

Updating data in fields
Hi, I have several thousand records in MS CRM (leads and accounts), which contain fields like annual turnover, number of employees etc. In 12 months time the information in such fields will be out of date and I need to be able to up date these fields from an external source so that we can continually target our marketing activity based on fields like turnover, number of employees etc. Can anyone tell me how I update individual fields for a record using data from an external source? Best regards Lee Hi Lee, Scribe Insight will do this. It has a DBLOOKUP function so that you can search fo...

Excel 2002 Pivot Table Field List not visible
The pivot table field list has disappeared in Excel 2002 using Windows 2000 on a collegues laptop. When you click the button on the toolbar, nothing happens. The pivot table is there, but the field list is gone. Appears to be a setting on this particular laptop and not the file. Any ideas on how to get it to display? We could find a setting or option that might be causing it to hide. --Don ...

message missing FROM field in public folder
very strange...i have a user that posted to a public folder but nothing shows up in the "from" field. the message shows the subject and other fields ok. when i open the message i can see the sender's name ok in the From field. all other posts come up fine. the user has nothing wrong/strange with her exchange account. any ideas? ...

Field Display
I have a column that displays a person's lastname,firstname. How can I separate it, so that one column is just the last name, and another is the firstname. Use Data | Text to Columns and use the comma as the delimiter Regards Trevor "Metalteck" <Metalteck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D98DF5A6-2141-4F54-89AC-71FB7A3B61A3@microsoft.com... >I have a column that displays a person's lastname,firstname. > How can I separate it, so that one column is just the last name, and > another > is the firstname. Assuming your name is in A1.....

Custom fields in Email Templates
I have created a custom field on the case form, which I have also included in an email template that is triggered by a manual rule. When I save my Case with the custom field filled in and then run the manual rule, the email that is delivered does not include the value from my custom field. Should this work? Thanks, Matt This should work. Please provide more info. What type of field is it? Did you add the field to the template manually or using the template editor's Insert/Update Dynamic Data button? Another Matt W, Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "MattW" ...

What is the purpose of the Link Master and Child Fields?
I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling data from their respective tables. However, none of these forms talk to each other and I don't really know the purpose of the Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields sections. But i'm pretty sure this has something to do with it. Can anyone shed any light or post me a link to where this is explained? "SparkyMark" <SparkyMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9A9AD44-07A3-4491-9691-A9D243B9BE6D@microsoft.com... >I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling d...

int field type
In the CRM, the only integer number field is int. I wanted to know what is the maximum length (highest number) this field can be. I use MS Access and there Microsoft has an integer field and a long integer field (the long integer field is used for keys (autonumbers). I don't remember what the field types are in SQL Server. Thanks, Stanley CRM use the standard SQL integer to store number values. This is a 32-bit value which can store values from -2147483647 to 2147483647 -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://...

Update table field by content in another field in the same table
My table has OriginatorID and Originator fields. I want the OriginatorID field to update automatically when content is entered in the Originator field. The table that contains the data for these fields is called ASSIGNEES. It has three fields: ID (primary key-autonum), ASSIGN-NAMES (text), and EMAILADDRESS (text). Originator ID in the table is the same as ID in the ASSIGNEES table. ASSIGN-NAMES is the content for Originator field . Thank you in advance for yuor assistance. Linda I am not 100% sure that I understand what you are attempting to achieve however, I will give you...

My Documents relocating spontaneously
I use TweakUI to relocate my My Document folder from its default location in "C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Matts Documents" to someplace else. Everything works fine, but then a day or two later something is spontaneously relocating My Documents back to its default location. No files are actually moved nor is anything deleted and I can just manually use TweakUI again to reset it where I want it, but it's annoying. How can I find out what is changing that setting "on its own" and prevent it from happening? Matt wrote: > I use TweakUI to relocate my My Do...

Plotting results of survey fields
I have a spreadsheet that measures various aspects of particular features (i.e. usability, age of application, etc) as noted in the chart sample below Ease of Feature Use Flexibility A 1 4 B 2 2 C 3 5 D 5 5 E 1 1 I want to compare my results in a matrix that allows those features ranking low (1,1) to be plotted on the lower left of the chart and those ranking high (5,5) in the upper right, with values in between. I have tried to do this as a scatter diagram, but am having difficulty getting the results to plot correctly. Also, I need to separate those entries ha...

Conditional Fields
I have a pivot table wherein two of my row fields used are "Date" and "Description." I would like to limit the pivot table information displayed to a certain range of dates (which i do now by selecting/deselecting the date check-boxes in the date field dropdown), and then if possible...and here is my question, further limit my data using the "Description" field...is there a way to have the "description" field drop-down only display discriptions that fall within the date range I have already selected? As it is now, all of the descriptions are dis...

Project Cost Category Descriptions field lenght
When processing a Project Timesheets in business portal, the field leng of the cost categories that make up the timesheet lines often are cut off if the description and/or cost category id are too long. This appears to be a fixed lenght field. It would be better if the lenght of this field can be altered to display more information, as often (especially now with wider screens, etc) the right hand side of the screen is blank and all of the timesheet information is crammed into a small space on the left hand side. Alternatively, can these fields not be set to dynamically expanding, so tha...

Access 2007 Change field size setting
I am new to access 2007 and it is considerably deifferent from 2002. I have a field (column) which should be a catalog number. I want to enter numbers such as 001-001, 001-002, etc and an error message keeps appearing that " I have entereted text in a numeric field or a number that is larger that the field size setting permits" I have searche dthe property sheet and can not find a field that will allow me to change the field size, also when I try and change the format from "general number" to a text it oly gives me numerical options to choose from. Please help if ...

Relocating a macro
I accidentally created a macro in the worksheet I was working on at the time instead of in PERSONAL.XLS. I have tried to move or delete macros before and gotten annoying messages afterward when I opened the original file saying "VBA Error!" etc, etc. In some cases, XL couldn't find the macro after I moved it. What is the correct protocol for moving a macro from a regular spreadsheet to the PERSONAL.XLS spreadsheet without causing complications? TIA Hi Dave, Perhaps you could indicate a bit better what you actually did. If you are running a macro from Alt+F8, even though yo...

Identify fields in subroutine call
I wish to perform the same operation using each of several fields in the same database. A common subroutine would seem to be the best approach. I don't know how to pass the identification of the field to the subroutine. Something like: call subroutinex <field_identifier> ------------.. private subroutinex (<field_identifier> as <I don't know> dim field_identifier as <I don't know> <open the database containing the field> .. <perform actions based on the contents of that field>.. end sub ----------------------- I tried dimentioning the field...

On 1099 what field is Withholdings?
Hello all. I am trying to determine what field in a payables transaction would show up to signify withholdings. I am first going to try and do it manually and then ultimatly create an integration for this. Does anyone know where in Dynamics Withholdings is placed in and shows up when 1099 reporting? Thanks all. Hi Sean, If you have setup a withholding vendor in the Company Setup Options window there will be a Subject to Withhold checkbox and percentage field in the Payables Transaction Entry window. You can view withholding amounts for your 1099 vendors by going to the Vendor P...

Displaying a single field or two fields together
I have a chemical database that I'm working on, and in a report on each chemical, I would like it to display the contents of two fields, like this: Label: [field one] & [field two]. However, not all records have the second field. So I'd like for the ones with only field one used to just display: Label: [field one], but the ones with both to display as I've shown above. Is this possible? thanks! JJ JJ1109 wrote: > I have a chemical database that I'm working on, and in a report on each > chemical, I would like it to display the contents of two fields...