Relationship Type - Customer and Company

hi

I have mapped the relationship type between customer and company. However if
the relationship typoe is changed at the company level it does not propagate
to all its contacts and vice versa. Pleasseeeeeee advice on how i can get
this done as this field is quiet crucial to our business and a lot of
reporting.

Kind Regards
Ridhima
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ridhima,
Mapping only works on the Creation of the new (mapped to) record, as
you have seen.  To get the relationship type to propogate to the
company's linked contacts, you'll have to write a post-callout process
that checks the pre and post-xml, identifies the change in relationship
type, and then makes SDK calls to update the relationship type on each
linked contact.   If there is your first time, plan on spending weeks,
or an experienced consultant could get this done for a grand or
three...  HTH,

Dave

Ridhima Sood wrote:
> hi
>
> I have mapped the relationship type between customer and company. However if
> the relationship typoe is changed at the company level it does not propagate
> to all its contacts and vice versa. Pleasseeeeeee advice on how i can get
> this done as this field is quiet crucial to our business and a lot of
> reporting.
>
> Kind Regards
> Ridhima

0
Dave
9/6/2006 10:14:39 PM
Hi Dave
thank you for the same. I might get some external help on this :)

"Dave Carr" wrote:

> Ridhima,
> Mapping only works on the Creation of the new (mapped to) record, as
> you have seen.  To get the relationship type to propogate to the
> company's linked contacts, you'll have to write a post-callout process
> that checks the pre and post-xml, identifies the change in relationship
> type, and then makes SDK calls to update the relationship type on each
> linked contact.   If there is your first time, plan on spending weeks,
> or an experienced consultant could get this done for a grand or
> three...  HTH,
>
> Dave
>
> Ridhima Sood wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > I have mapped the relationship type between customer and company. However if
> > the relationship typoe is changed at the company level it does not propagate
> > to all its contacts and vice versa. Pleasseeeeeee advice on how i can get
> > this done as this field is quiet crucial to our business and a lot of
> > reporting.
> >
> > Kind Regards
> > Ridhima

Contract Relationships
Hi, I am trying to create various many-to-many relationships to the Contract entity. One example is linking Contracts and Contacts via an intermediate custom entity called Contract Contact. A Contract can have many Contract Contacts and a Contact can have many Contract Contacts, so this should achieve the many-to-many relationship required. However, when I create my new Contract Contact entity and create a relationship to both Contract and Contact entities I encounter some problems: Firstly, I cannot create a new Contract Contact from a Contract, I don't get the new button, but I can fr...

Company name in Work Order Recall window
When I go to recall a work order, the only customer reference information available is the Customer's last name. I do a lot of business with other companies and I have them listed in the customer manager under Company rather than First Name, Last Name. Is there a way to display the company name in the Work Order recall screen? I don't know about that but my suggestion is to hit shift F9 on the work order and type in the company name under comment on the window that pops up. That way you could sort through all the work orders for that particular name. I do something simila...

Data type POSITION
Hi I would like to ask, what kind of data type is the type POSITION? Is it an unsigned long int? In a documentation is just simple "Data types unique to the Microsoft Foundation Class Library include the following: POSITION A value used to denote the position of an element in a collection; used by MFC collection classes. Thank you Lubomir Lubomir wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to ask, what kind of data type is the type POSITION? Is it an unsigned long int? In a documentation is just simple: > >"Data types unique to the Microsoft Foundation Class Library include t...

Access 2003 Importing missing File types
I cant import Excel or even TXT files. I have tried everything to resolve this issue when Importing to Access 2003 and missing most File types. Currently when selecting GET EXTERNAL DATA / IMPORT only files of Type: MS Office Access, Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC (many options are missing - this is true for the Link option too) Missing are File types like: excel, txt, csv etc. Have updated and detected and repaired Office 2003 several times. Please help as this is a very important function. Thanks Tony T It seems that you didn't use the personalised instalation. Do tha...

chart type does not correspondent with what I choose
If I want to make a chart in excel 2007, I go to insert, scatter, and click on the first pictogram: markings without lines. But each time I do this, I receive a chart, WITH lines. Is this a known problem, and are there work-arounds or patches? Thank you in advance, Bruno Curieus: if I first add the data, select them, and then make a chart, it does it without lines. If I first make a chart, and later add the data (wich is necessaire if the different columns of data are not next to each other) it uses lines. Also, setting scatter without lines as standard, in the "other chart type&...

Error: ".....doc uses a file type that is blocked from opening in this version
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The file sent to me seems to be a 97 to 2004 version. I cannot understand why there would be any difficulty in opening a previous version document of word in mac 2008. I have tried changing the .doc file to a .docx but it doesn't work. Hoping for some help, thanks. How are you "changing" the file if you can't open it? Simply altering the extension does *not* change the file type & makes matters worse by misinforming the program as to what type of file it actually is. Make sure your...

Convert to ASCII file type
How can an XL file containing only one very long column of data be converted to an ASCII file? Hi Tom, If this is a one time thing the simplest thing to do would be to select the column, then copy (ctrl+C), paste into notepad (ctrl+V), and save the file with a .txt file extension. That would provide you with numbers that are formatted. The other way would be to save the file, then use file, save as, and save as .txt or .csv depending on what you want, then exit the file, so you can go back to your original. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov...

Position types in an org chart
Can anyone tell me the difference between the position types in Visio please? Eg executive, manager, consultant etc? Do they all do the same thing? try www.wikipedia.com al "Emma" <Emma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6C569DB-9A01-4A42-ABA2-0F53CF24FC99@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me the difference between the position types in Visio > please? > > Eg executive, manager, consultant etc? Do they all do the same thing? "Emma" <Emma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6C569DB-9A01-4A42-ABA2-0F53CF24FC99@mi...

relationship
Hi, I'm not sure how to go about this. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have two tables. There are two fields in one table that will match two fields in the other table. When I change the CurrentRevision value in tblRevisions, I want matching record in tblOnTimeDelivery to change the CurrentRevision value also. Here's what I have: tblRevisions *JobNumber *CurrentRevision and other fields tblOnTimeDelivery *JobNumber *CurrentRevision and other fields Thanks for your help, Joel Joel From your description, I'm having a bit of t...

Type of audit logs
Hi, I am pretty new to GP. I would like to know how many different types of audit logs in GP systems and how to access them? Can anyone help? Thanks That's a pretty broad request. - For basic tranaction logging, you need to turn on Activity Tracking. I've got a brief overview here::http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=E10VC4o9fOA Don't turn it on for everything, you'll bog down the system, be smart. Master Record changes happen less often than transactions and are often a better place to start. - For transaction logging beyond the basics (like for Sarbanes Oxley stuff) you&#...

setting a date type field to null
I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its value to null but I get an error. Dim HoldDate as date Holddate = "" I have several other fields that are text that are obviously fine, but I am not sure how to set a default for the date type field. I need to initialize the field after I write a record out before processing new records Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -- KSH On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:06:00 -0800, KSH wrote: > I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its > value to null but I get an error. &g...

Querying one-to-many relationships
I have two tables, one table with one primary key and one table with several keys: Table 1 NDC GPI 57866660701 1 Table 2 NDC APPL_NO APPL_TYPE_CD 57866660701 074105 2 57866660701 074140 2 57866660701 074207 2 57866660701 074410 2 57866660701 075927 2 57866660701 076494 2 There are a two things I need to do after joining these two tables. One is to find out if there are any records in the second table with different values in the "APPL_TYPE_CD" field for one NDC number. The other is to only return the first record from the second table, not all...

Investment Type vs Savings Type Accounts
What is the significant difference between a Savings type account verse an Investment-IRA type account that involves only cash contributions? I am uncertain about which type of account should be used in MNY03 deluxe to record the transactions for an existing traditional IRA (money market) account that was opened at a local savings bank in year1999 and closed during year 2006. A once-a-year transfer of funds (i.e., Transfer Money) from a regular money market account at tax time was made to the IRA account. Can an account type be changed without complications at a later time? Thanks. Vin...

Automatically finish a word I begin typing in Excel?
How do you order the computer to finish off words once you've begun typing if it's come across them already? Excel has a limited way of doing this. In xl2003 menus: Tools|Options|Edit tab|check "AutoComplete for cell values" It uses the recent cells above the cell you're entering data as the list to choose from. If you only need this for a few entries, you may find that it's irritating to toggle on/off. You can rightclick on a cell and choose "Pick from drop-down list". It may be sufficient for you. bile wrote: > > How do you...

Better relationship
Hello Everybody, Let's say I want to link two columns in two different tables. Column from table1 is data source for the column in table2. Should I connect both columns directly? OR PrimaryKey of first table to the relevant column of second column? Which relationship would be better? Thank you, -- Syed Zeeshan Haider -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Learn about famous muslim names at http://szh.20m.com/learn/aboutnames.html On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:31:41 -0500, "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <szhatforumsDELETE@hotpop.SPAMS.com&g...

Get #### when typing
When typing a lengthy statement in a cell I get ######. Is there a character limitation in Excel 2007 and is there a work around to this? Thank you Bill Try formatting the cell as General. Excel has a display problem with strings between 255 and 1024 characters in cells formatted as text. Bill wrote: > > When typing a lengthy statement in a cell I get ######. Is there a character > limitation in Excel 2007 and is there a work around to this? > > Thank you > > Bill -- Dave Peterson Try to make the cell/column wider and/or try to format...

Show Alll records Types relating to PersonID
I'm Trying to create a charge report from a tbl called tblcharges which has the following ClaimID PersonID DOSFrom DOsTo Procedure Fee BillTo which is a combo box and has a macro event which is a requery and the following sql code In this combo box patient could have 2 insurances example Medicare which is Primary And Medical which Is Secondary and this will be stored in the tblPeopleInsurance.Type Field which are P = Primary and S= Secondary. Lets Say I will select Medicare because this is the patient primary insurance. SELECT tblPeopleInsurance.GuaranterID, tblPeopleInsurance.PersonID, ...

bad relationship?
Ok- so I have created a table for my contacts called Person (with address, phone, etc) and table for Group (with speaker, author, attendee) and then a table for PersonGroup and created a one-to-many between the two. Then I tried to create a Lookup wizard for GroupID from the Person table in order to be able to select the groups that the person are a part of. But yet when I go to forms- nothing. Everything seems to save ok in tables and then I create the form and there's nothing in my drop down. Is this the wrong way to create the tables? I want to be able to fill out my Per...

How to remove cascading of relationships
Hi, we have developed an application using SDK that import several thousands of entities and activities - using a separate database - into CRM 3.0. After several minutes the application fails on any activity. This is followed by more related errors. During our analysis, we might have identifed the root cause, which seems to be: The cascading levels of the relationships Somewhere in Internet I read about "remove the cascading as much as possible during import". However it was not stated how this can be done in detail. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fritz ...

Syncronising contacts by relationship type
Hi all. I am using CRM 4 with the outlook client. My contacts syncronise perfectly however I also want to see all the contacts for our partners (which are created by another user). I tried to setup the data group options in the CRM add-in in outlook but the contact will not replicate. Please could someone advise how I setup this data group. Basically I need all accounts and contacts that are marked as the relationship type "partner" Thanks Paul -- Posted by NewsLook (Trial Licence) from http://www.ghytred.com/NewsLook/about.aspx ...

How to change a file types order?
I've got an MS Office 2007. When I want to save an e-mail, there is a list of file types with extensions. How could I change it? And how could I change default file extension? Regards ja okazja29@poczta.fm wrote: > I've got an MS Office 2007. When I want to save an e-mail, there is a > list of file types with extensions. How could I change it? And how > could I change default file extension? > > Regards > ja You can't AFAIK..... ...

1:N Relationship and auto-Share
Hello, I have an entity called Factory that is organization owned, everyone is the organization is able to view it. I have created a 1:N relationship between Factory and Contacts. I would like to make this a parental relationship or configurable cascading, but I cannot because Contact already has Account as its parent. My goal is to make any contacts associated with a Factory to be automatically shared with everyone in the organization. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this with workflows or scripting or something else? ...

table w/ multi relationships frozen to view 1 relationship only?
I construucted a table that has many relationships from several junction tables. After creating the first relationship, a view of the table showed the relationship field with a column of plus signs in the left-most column correctly. After clicking the + sign the underlying data displayed correctly. We created the second relationship. Initially when we tried to view the Table a database window displaying all the tables came up and we selected the second junction table we had created the relationship for. When we closed the table and re-opened it for view, again the selection window came u...

Vioce reminder of what I have typed
Someone PLEASE help me!!! I spend a lot of time in Excel and it i doing something I have never seen before. Every time I type in a cel and then change to another cell, whatever I type is repeated to m through my speakers. I have no clue what setting to change to stop thi from happening. It is louder than any music or broadcast I have playin on my computer and I am going batty over this! PLEASE, someone, tell m what I can do!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Go to the Tools menu, choose Speech, and chose "Show The Speech To Text Toolbar". On that toolbar, turn of...

Relationship Mapping
Can you import people and an organization (e.g., nonprofit where they sit on a board) into Visio and have it map all the relationships? We are trying to find a software that we can upload our own information and have it show us who is connected to what org. Any help, advice, suggestions? Thanks!! Tonia Visio has org chart capabilities, and has a "Wizard" that will allow you to either import or export information. Thus, you can create the org chart manually, or pre-define it in, e.g., Excel, and then import it. Pictures can be added to the Org Chart shapes if desired...