Relationship roles Opportunity to Opportunity

Sometimes sales managers need to set relationship roles between
several opportunities (f.e.: this opportunity can be won only after
that, and so on). It's a pity, but I can create relationship role from
opportunity to contact or account, but can't create it to another
opportunity.

I tried to make some customization for that. I remembered, that many-
to-many relations between objects I can make with the help of the
third custom user-entity. I thought, that could work for me in my
situation with roles. So I created a custom entity "Opportunity Role"
and than created relation many-to-one to the Opportunity. Than I tried
to create a second relation - one-to-many from my entity to
Opportunity. At this step the system freezes and relationship couldn't
be created. The reverse order of creating relations has no result: the
second relation in this situation could not be created.

I am doing something wrong? Or maybe I have the wrong idea at all?
Does anyone know the way to solve my problem? How can sales managers
establish relations between opportunities?

0
evgeniy_pmsoft
8/3/2007 12:12:35 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You won't succeed with standard customizations. In the end you need an
entity with two lookup fields, both pointing to the opportunity entity, but
CRM 3 doesn't support it; only one reference to an entity is possible.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

"evgeniy_pmsoft" <e.yurevich@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Sometimes sales managers need to set relationship roles between
> several opportunities (f.e.: this opportunity can be won only after
> that, and so on). It's a pity, but I can create relationship role from
> opportunity to contact or account, but can't create it to another
> opportunity.
>
> I tried to make some customization for that. I remembered, that many-
> to-many relations between objects I can make with the help of the
> third custom user-entity. I thought, that could work for me in my
> situation with roles. So I created a custom entity "Opportunity Role"
> and than created relation many-to-one to the Opportunity. Than I tried
> to create a second relation - one-to-many from my entity to
> Opportunity. At this step the system freezes and relationship couldn't
> be created. The reverse order of creating relations has no result: the
> second relation in this situation could not be created.
>
> I am doing something wrong? Or maybe I have the wrong idea at all?
> Does anyone know the way to solve my problem? How can sales managers
> establish relations between opportunities?

0
Michael
8/3/2007 8:03:36 AM
On Aug 3, 12:03 pm, "Michael H=F6hne" <michael.hoe...@nospam.nospam>
wrote:
> You won't succeed with standard customizations. In the end you need an
> entity with two lookup fields, both pointing to the opportunity entity, b=
ut
> CRM 3 doesn't support it; only one reference to an entity is possible.
>
> --
> Michael H=F6hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web:http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed:http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog:http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=3DcustomLookup
> The JavaScript Snippets Directory:http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.asp=
x?id=3DJS13

> "evgeniy_pmsoft" <e.yurev...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:118609=
9955.121201.69180@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

> > Sometimes sales managers need to set relationship roles between
> > several opportunities (f.e.: this opportunity can be won only after
> > that, and so on). It's a pity, but I can create relationship role from
> > opportunity to contact or account, but can't create it to another
> > opportunity.
>
> > I tried to make some customization for that. I remembered, that many-
> > to-many relations between objects I can make with the help of the
> > third custom user-entity. I thought, that could work for me in my
> > situation with roles. So I created a custom entity "Opportunity Role"
> > and than created relation many-to-one to the Opportunity. Than I tried
> > to create a second relation - one-to-many from my entity to
> > Opportunity. At this step the system freezes and relationship couldn't
> > be created. The reverse order of creating relations has no result: the
> > second relation in this situation could not be created.
>
> > I am doing something wrong? Or maybe I have the wrong idea at all?
> > Does anyone know the way to solve my problem? How can sales managers
> > establish relations between opportunities?

Thank you, Michael! One more question: may be you have some
information about support of this feature in the next version? In
standard functionality, Opportunity to Opportunity roles?

0
evgeniy_pmsoft
8/6/2007 5:56:54 PM
Sorry, I have signed an NDA and cannot share any insights on CRM4 that is
not made available by the product group.

--

On Aug 3, 12:03 pm, "Michael H�hne" <michael.hoe...@nospam.nospam>
wrote:
> You won't succeed with standard customizations. In the end you need an
> entity with two lookup fields, both pointing to the opportunity entity,
> but
> CRM 3 doesn't support it; only one reference to an entity is possible.
>
> --
> Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web:http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed:http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog:http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
> The JavaScript Snippets
> Directory:http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

> "evgeniy_pmsoft" <e.yurev...@gmail.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitragnews:1186099955.121201.69180@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Sometimes sales managers need to set relationship roles between
> > several opportunities (f.e.: this opportunity can be won only after
> > that, and so on). It's a pity, but I can create relationship role from
> > opportunity to contact or account, but can't create it to another
> > opportunity.
>
> > I tried to make some customization for that. I remembered, that many-
> > to-many relations between objects I can make with the help of the
> > third custom user-entity. I thought, that could work for me in my
> > situation with roles. So I created a custom entity "Opportunity Role"
> > and than created relation many-to-one to the Opportunity. Than I tried
> > to create a second relation - one-to-many from my entity to
> > Opportunity. At this step the system freezes and relationship couldn't
> > be created. The reverse order of creating relations has no result: the
> > second relation in this situation could not be created.
>
> > I am doing something wrong? Or maybe I have the wrong idea at all?
> > Does anyone know the way to solve my problem? How can sales managers
> > establish relations between opportunities?

Thank you, Michael! One more question: may be you have some
information about support of this feature in the next version? In
standard functionality, Opportunity to Opportunity roles?

0
Michael

Contract Relationships
Hi, I am trying to create various many-to-many relationships to the Contract entity. One example is linking Contracts and Contacts via an intermediate custom entity called Contract Contact. A Contract can have many Contract Contacts and a Contact can have many Contract Contacts, so this should achieve the many-to-many relationship required. However, when I create my new Contract Contact entity and create a relationship to both Contract and Contact entities I encounter some problems: Firstly, I cannot create a new Contract Contact from a Contract, I don't get the new button, but I can fr...

Cannot close the Customer/Vendor Relationships window
One user accidentally opened the Customer/Vendor Relationship in one of the forms in Sale module. She doesn't have access to add or delete a customer or vendor and this prevents her from closing the window. She tried the File->Close but the system is asking if she wanted to add the customer. If she clicks cancel it does not close the window, if she clicks Save it says that she doesn't have the proper security rights. Kindly advise how the user can close the window without using force logoff. Thank you. Yani, Click anywhere on the first line in the grid, then go to Edit &...

relationship
Hi, I'm not sure how to go about this. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have two tables. There are two fields in one table that will match two fields in the other table. When I change the CurrentRevision value in tblRevisions, I want matching record in tblOnTimeDelivery to change the CurrentRevision value also. Here's what I have: tblRevisions *JobNumber *CurrentRevision and other fields tblOnTimeDelivery *JobNumber *CurrentRevision and other fields Thanks for your help, Joel Joel From your description, I'm having a bit of t...

Extended Amount in Opportunity Product Form
In the Opportunity Products form there is a field called Extended Amount. This field is supposed to calculate the amount after taxes and discounts are applied. For some reason this field is grayed out and does not work at all. Does anybody know why this field doesn't work? Thank you in advance! ...

Querying one-to-many relationships
I have two tables, one table with one primary key and one table with several keys: Table 1 NDC GPI 57866660701 1 Table 2 NDC APPL_NO APPL_TYPE_CD 57866660701 074105 2 57866660701 074140 2 57866660701 074207 2 57866660701 074410 2 57866660701 075927 2 57866660701 076494 2 There are a two things I need to do after joining these two tables. One is to find out if there are any records in the second table with different values in the "APPL_TYPE_CD" field for one NDC number. The other is to only return the first record from the second table, not all...

opportunity 04-29-04
H When I close an opportunity, on the fenetre which opens appears the field "description" I inform it, and close opportunity But where can I find then what I had put in this field?? Thanks If you close your oppty, and fill a description, you can find your comments by selecting closed oppty. You choose your oppty and you can find the reason why you 've closed it. Elodie ...

Allow customization of relationship view columns in the account
When viewing the "Relationships" section for an account, we cannot change the columns displayed in customizing and are limited to Party 1 Role 1 Party 2 Role 2 which is very limiting. It would be usefult to be able to add additional columns to better descripe the relationships based on fields maintained in the account or contact record. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Entity Customer Relationship
Hi CRMers, Under the Account Entity, there is Relationships. Clicking on Relationships will bring up the Customer Relationship Entiry. In that Entity, Role 1 and Role 2 are picklist with Campaign Partner and Referral. When I tried to edit this entity, Role 1 and Role 2 are of type lookup instead. Can anyone please advice how I can change the values of Role 1 and Role 2? Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Dixon To add new relationship role go to Settings->Relationship Roles and click the new button. You need to have atleast ReadRelationshipRole privilege to see the Relationship Roles ...

Better relationship
Hello Everybody, Let's say I want to link two columns in two different tables. Column from table1 is data source for the column in table2. Should I connect both columns directly? OR PrimaryKey of first table to the relevant column of second column? Which relationship would be better? Thank you, -- Syed Zeeshan Haider -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Learn about famous muslim names at http://szh.20m.com/learn/aboutnames.html On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:31:41 -0500, "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <szhatforumsDELETE@hotpop.SPAMS.com&g...

bad relationship?
Ok- so I have created a table for my contacts called Person (with address, phone, etc) and table for Group (with speaker, author, attendee) and then a table for PersonGroup and created a one-to-many between the two. Then I tried to create a Lookup wizard for GroupID from the Person table in order to be able to select the groups that the person are a part of. But yet when I go to forms- nothing. Everything seems to save ok in tables and then I create the form and there's nothing in my drop down. Is this the wrong way to create the tables? I want to be able to fill out my Per...

CRM 3.0
Hello... I have problem with synchronization MS CR 3.0 server and Outlook client after assign opportunity to new owner. In CRM server everything looks good - it's mean that if I assigned opportunity to new owner, every records (opportunity, tasks, contacts with relationship to opportunity) has new owner. It's good, but... When old owner and new owner of opportunity synchronized theirs Outlook clients and they are looking for a tasks from opportunity in theirs outlook - calendars, they found a problem - old owner has still tasks in his outlook-calendar and new owner didn't f...

How to remove cascading of relationships
Hi, we have developed an application using SDK that import several thousands of entities and activities - using a separate database - into CRM 3.0. After several minutes the application fails on any activity. This is followed by more related errors. During our analysis, we might have identifed the root cause, which seems to be: The cascading levels of the relationships Somewhere in Internet I read about "remove the cascading as much as possible during import". However it was not stated how this can be done in detail. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fritz ...

Closed Opportunity Description
When choosing to close an opportunity using action/close opportunity and selecting lost/cancelled, our sales group can also input a description. I am trying to extract through an advanced find the description for an opportunity that was closed as lost/cancelled and cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get to that information. I can see status and status reason all day long but no such luck on the description for the form that allows you to close the opportunity. The description that is entered is placed in an activity related to the Opportunity. It is a CloseOpportuity typ...

Syncronising contacts by relationship type
Hi all. I am using CRM 4 with the outlook client. My contacts syncronise perfectly however I also want to see all the contacts for our partners (which are created by another user). I tried to setup the data group options in the CRM add-in in outlook but the contact will not replicate. Please could someone advise how I setup this data group. Basically I need all accounts and contacts that are marked as the relationship type "partner" Thanks Paul -- Posted by NewsLook (Trial Licence) from http://www.ghytred.com/NewsLook/about.aspx ...

customize Customer Relationship & Opportunity Relationship entity?
Hi all, We have tailored MSCRM 3.0 for a client to be more of a Relationship Management System than a CRM system. We have managed to rename the Opportunity entity to Projects. However when it comes to creating a Relationship linking to Account and Contact, the forms in which you do so are till referring to 'Opportunity Relationship'. This is the same case for the 'Customer Relationship' form -I wish to remove all sales-like terms. However, despite Customer Relationship & Opportunity Relationship being referred to as a customizable entity, none of the attributes can be ch...

MS Project Developer Opportunity
I am working on an implementation of MS Project, Project Server, coupling it with SharePoint, and using some Excel automation as well. I am looking for a few people in the mid-Atlantic area (Philly area) with expertise in: MS Project Automation MS Project Server implementation Integration of Project with SharePoint MS Excel Automation If you have experience in any of these areas and are able to work in this area for a project that might span a few months, please let me know. Thank you. -K. Hill ...

1:N Relationship and auto-Share
Hello, I have an entity called Factory that is organization owned, everyone is the organization is able to view it. I have created a 1:N relationship between Factory and Contacts. I would like to make this a parental relationship or configurable cascading, but I cannot because Contact already has Account as its parent. My goal is to make any contacts associated with a Factory to be automatically shared with everyone in the organization. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this with workflows or scripting or something else? ...

Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Info 04-26-06
Customer Relationship Management CRM Info, informations, CRM Implementation, CRM Solutions, Analytics, CRM Advices, Secrets, Tips... Read more at: http://freewebs.com/crm-info and find out CRM true value. ...

Create an opportunity from a lead
Hi. I am a new user to CRM. When creating an opportunity from a lead, do you need to create an account and contact? If find that if I don't I lose all the customer's details in the lead. I need some basic information of the lead process. John Yes, check the boxes for each. The process is thoroughly non-intuitive (why would we spend all that time entering data only to have to enter it again?) but that appears to be the way to retain your data. A >-----Original Message----- >When creating an opportunity from a lead, do you need to create an account >and con...

table w/ multi relationships frozen to view 1 relationship only?
I construucted a table that has many relationships from several junction tables. After creating the first relationship, a view of the table showed the relationship field with a column of plus signs in the left-most column correctly. After clicking the + sign the underlying data displayed correctly. We created the second relationship. Initially when we tried to view the Table a database window displaying all the tables came up and we selected the second junction table we had created the relationship for. When we closed the table and re-opened it for view, again the selection window came u...

Long delay when attempting to open notes in Opportunities
When I open an opportunity or contact record within the Outlook client or Web client CRM 4 I am experiencing very long delays for the notes to open. Does anybody have any ideas to fix this issue? ...

Relationship Mapping
Can you import people and an organization (e.g., nonprofit where they sit on a board) into Visio and have it map all the relationships? We are trying to find a software that we can upload our own information and have it show us who is connected to what org. Any help, advice, suggestions? Thanks!! Tonia Visio has org chart capabilities, and has a "Wizard" that will allow you to either import or export information. Thus, you can create the org chart manually, or pre-define it in, e.g., Excel, and then import it. Pictures can be added to the Org Chart shapes if desired...

Role Callout?
Hi All, I read in CRM SDK that callout is supported for role entities. But I have tried it so far, there is no callout being triggered, when I update Security Role, although I have set it up in callout.config.xml. I try it with another entity, it works properly, but not with role entity. Does anyone try to use callout on role entity? Or any workaround? I just need to trigger sending email to administration, everytime role entity is updated. ...

Relationship mapping help (CRM 4.0)
Hi, I've created a new field in Lead and Account sections. The idea is that the user creates a lead and fills in this text field (nvarchar, length 25). I've edited the relationship mapping from Lead to Account so the related field in Account is filled in when the Lead is converted to an Account. I also want the field editable in the Account form so that it can be altered later on. I've created 4 new fields in both Lead and Account (all are simple text fields), and 3 of them work but the 4th mapping doesn't. I get the error message asking me to check a list of things but...

Many to many relationship
Anyone knows how to create a many to many relationship between two entities? I created both a "many to one" and a "one to many" relationship between two entities and it worked. But then when I tried to enter the data to have, for example, many support people speak to the same customer and many customers speak to the same support person, I could get it done. Thanks a lot Augusto, Notice in CRM how the "Quote" has many "Quote Products" and the "Quote Products" has one "Product". In CRM, if you were to create a relationship from ...