Regarding Integration with MS Office (Excel)

Hi,

I have installed Microsoft Snap in Phase1.5 on a machine with microsoft
Office 2003 and Dotnet Frame work 2.0
After that I am able to see MSCRM objects with in MS Word when I click
Insert from CRM.
But in MS Excel it gives an error saying customization assembly could not be
loaded when I click Insert from CRM button in Menu and I am not able to see
any CRM objects.
Please let me know the solution to handle this.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

What is it Microsoft snap,
thanks.

Pavan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Microsoft Snap in Phase1.5 on a machine with microsoft
> Office 2003 and Dotnet Frame work 2.0
> After that I am able to see MSCRM objects with in MS Word when I click
> Insert from CRM.
> But in MS Excel it gives an error saying customization assembly could not be
> loaded when I click Insert from CRM button in Menu and I am not able to see
> any CRM objects.
> Please let me know the solution to handle this.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Pavan

0
is_vlb50
9/20/2006 7:10:09 AM
Microsoft® Dynamics™ Snap (For Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0)
This is to integrate Microsoft Office with Microsoft CRM 3.0.

Regards,
Pavan

"is_vlb50@hotmail.com" wrote:

> What is it Microsoft snap,
> thanks.
>
> Pavan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed Microsoft Snap in Phase1.5 on a machine with microsoft
> > Office 2003 and Dotnet Frame work 2.0
> > After that I am able to see MSCRM objects with in MS Word when I click
> > Insert from CRM.
> > But in MS Excel it gives an error saying customization assembly could not be
> > loaded when I click Insert from CRM button in Menu and I am not able to see
> > any CRM objects.
> > Please let me know the solution to handle this.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Pavan

Office OL 2007 - Vista
Office OL 2007 and Vista I received a warning (when I tried to create and save a new OL contact) that my pst file is too large. I was prevented from saving the new contact. I checked the pst size (in c:\users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook), and see that a hair over 1.9 GB (and FWIW, the Archive.pst is over 3.4 GB. I thought the default max size is 20GB. I tried finding the Registry entries for max file sizes, and thought they were located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook , but navigating down there to Microsoft, there's only Sy...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Can Excel do this??
I have Excel 2000 and I have columns of alphabetic data. The information in each column repeats itself, i.e. there may only appear the words "One", "Two", or "Three" in a particular column in the spreadsheet. I have over 20,000 rows in the columns. Is there a way to have Excel give me totals for that particular column, telling me how many times "One" appears, how many times "Two" appears, and how many time "Three" appears? I am really stumped on this. Your help is apreciated in advance, Thanks, Mark The only way I know ...

MS patches changing registry entries
Is there a way to prevent MS updates from changing a specified registry setting? For one of the text converters, we point to a specific one we install, but for some reason, MS recently has started to set that entry back to the default setting. I don't want to see that setting changed from our custom setting. FYI, we are a vendor at the site and the site is responsible for admin of their AD. We have little/no say over what can happened in their AD. So any AD solution will have to run to the Admin group get approved then go through an executive committee and the security...

excel #58
How do you create a drop down list in excel? anyone Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany joe.kipnusu@wellsfargo.com wrote: > How do you create a drop down list in excel? > anyone ...

MS Word French Calculations
I have some documents which do calculations. These were prepared in MS Word 2000. The construction is Tables and fill in fields. The formulas are written to produce results. When I try to use the same in Word 2007 French Edition it gives all kinds of error messages. 1) Does French edition require formulas to be written in some different syntax? 2) In general Word 2007 uses different syntax? Thanks Nihar Mody -- Nihar Mody ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nihar Mody's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/183443.h...

"Send and Receive" in regards to an Exchange account
We have an Outlook 2003 user setup with Exchange 2003, he also uses the client to access about a dozen POP accounts. When he clicks "send and receive" it seems to get stuck on the exchange account. It says "processing" and takes for ever. But "send and receive" isn't required to get Exchange mail, since it's always connected. Yet his Exchange mail comes in normally, with no delays. It's only when he uses "send and receive" that it seems to sit there forever. Has anyone seen this before? Or is there a way to not include the Exchange account wh...

Office "assistants" #2
In Office 2004 and prior versions, I had some "assistants" available to me when I had questions. They were much more fun than a simple "help" box. ;) Is it okay to put those assistants into Office 2008, or will that mess something up? Thanks! -- Sandy sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious) http://www.sandymike.net ...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Outlook 2003/2007 importing data from an excel spreadsheet into contacts
Hello, I'm using both 2003 and 2007 Outlook and Windows XP Pro. I have a particular worksheet, in Excel, named DataSheet and I update this document daily to retrieve new information. It is organized in a database format and a friend is writing some code to select specific columns of data and import it into outlook Contacts so we can use it for journaling. My problem is this: Is there a way in Excel to trigger an operation in Outlook to open the contacts file and then run a macro to merge this data with the Outlook files. I've done some with code before in Excel/Word combinatio...

Expense keeping in MS CRM
Hello. I have a prospective client with a particular need. I appreciate any potential solutions, including customizations or add-on products. A sales rep makes an appointment and almost always has travel expenses related to the appointment. My prospect would like the ability to use either Outlook, or preferably CRM to track expenses associated with an appointment, and then print an expense report at the end of a week or month. Does anyone know of solutions? Any add-on? Any customizations? Thanks for your assistance, Mitch Youngerman Insyte Busines Partners myoungerman@insytebus...

HELP Office V.X dosen't recognize my current Office 2001
Can't get any of the software items to recognize the 2001 software. Installed 2001 from my back up drive after losing my MAC and software to thieves.... Help ...

Regarding Dynamic chart
Dear All I have problem in formula ans it was solved Mr. Max , now i am facing problem in Chart please do the needful . I am mention the my problem and the formula given by Mr.Max . In cell b1 my input value varies from 1-30 in e1 my input will be amount it varies assume 300000. i want formula in a5 to show 0 and a6 as 1 so on till i get the input in b1 .. and in c5 i need a formula =$e$1*((2*(a5/$b$1)^2-(a5/$b$1)^4) till same as in column based on the value in b1. wish you all a very happy new year -2010 in advance A B C D E ...

out of office assistant not working #4
I have Outlook XP and when I set up my out of office assistant by typing a short reply message in the box and then turn it on by clicking on the I am out of the office button, it does not work. I have tested it quite a bit and it never sends back an auto reply. Any help?????? FWIW, the default configuration of Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and newer doesn't permit out of office notifications to leave the organization. The exchange administrator would have to turn it on and it is a tough sell because the feature will introduce mail loops. (if a loop goes unchecked, it can bring down th...

Excel List Box
Hello, I am would like to make a drop down list to selects different option of tested that we normally use in excel, however in order for the text to look right it must merge with several cells. I tried the data validation however it does not allow merged cells. How can I accomplish this? Thank you I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Perhaps you could use data validation in one cell, then VLOOKUP formulas to return the matching values in the adjacent cells. Armando wrote: > I am would like to make a drop down list to selects different option of > tested that we norm...

Picture manager is not in my MS Office tools folder
MSPM has suddently disappeared from my start menu. No longer in Office tools. Can still use MSPM to work with pictures but left side task bar is gone. Easy email, cd creating, etc are all gone. Can't find any of it. Now only have shortcuts with a gazillian files. What have I done wrong? Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 11-24-09
I can no longer access Microsoft Outlook since having ran out of memory on the C:\ After deleting some and letting the disk clean up porgram delete some other files I now receive this error message. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window" Can anyone help me please - Thank you By memory I guess you mean hard disk space. If you have less than 15% of free space you will run into other win problems - time for a new larger disk? Try Run outlook.exe /resetnavepane (note space between exe /) "Rita" <Rita@discussions.micro...

MS CRM
1. Can we archive all the Case managment data in MS CRM? 2. Can we track and report on all user activity including date and time it was accessed? 3. What are the security measures available for remote Access of MS CRM? 4. What are the security measures available for Server and the application in MS CRM? please address the issues. Regards Vinod 1. you can archive any data you want, but it will no longer be accessible to CRM. 2. CRM does not have an extensive audit trail - it tracks the created on/by and last modified on/by for each record 3. CRM can be published using SSL if you must ...

Auto Increment Office XP Excel Spreadsheet ?
I have Excel and would like to have my first column auto increment so that if add new rows it will auto update the the numbers. Something like: 1. 2. 3. and so on How can I make the first column in every row auto increment? Thanks so much in advance! Chris There's no automatic way. You can use a formula (or a range name) that takes the number in the cell above and adds one to it. However, if you insert a row in between other rows in your list you'll still have to copy the formula/range name down from the cell above. There is a Data-->Form command that allows you to enter lis...

MS Money Deluxe
I recently downloaded Money Deluxe 2008 to try it out, and would like to import my Quicken 2008 file. Money gives me an error indicating it cannot import Quicken '08 files; therefore, is there a way to get around this and use my quicken file, otherwise I don't believe I'll be able to use Money? Thanks, Greg In microsoft.public.money, gregh wrote: >I recently downloaded Money Deluxe 2008 to try it out, and would like to >import my Quicken 2008 file. Money gives me an error indicating it cannot >import Quicken '08 files; therefore, is there a way to get around ...

Possible bug in Excel?
If you type 5 in a cell and drag across using the little black cross cursor you will get a row of 5s. If you highlight a blank cell below it at the same time and drag across the numbers will increment so you get 5,6,7,8 etc. If you type 5% and drag across you get a row of 5%s as you would expect. However, if you highlight the 5% and the blank cell below then drag across using the black cross, you get 5%, 105%, 205%, 305% etc. Is this what you would expect? Doesn't seem right to me........surely you should get 5%, 6%, 7%, 8% etc? 5% is really 0.05, and 105% is 1.05, so the increment is 1...

excel files listing in taskbar.
Hi there, When I open multiple excel documents, a taskbar icon is displayed for occurance, which is a feature of Excel2k (kb215816). Instead of having a taskbar icons for each excel item, I would like to diplay only one icon even though there will be more than one excel document open. how can this be done? thanks This is a function of the operating system. If you have Windows XP, you can change the behavior of the task bar by right-clicking it in a blank area, and choosing "Properties" from the context menu. Then check the "Group similar taskbar items" checkbox. (T...

New to excel

regarding focus
Gurus, I have MDI MFC application . I click a menu item and a modeless dialog CPalette is created. void CMainFrame::OnToolsOpenpalette() I have added a variable to CMainFrame i.e. CPalette *mypal; Now real problem is When this dialog is displayed it gets all the focus and my main frame, view loses focus and there is some color change in the title bar of these windows. If focus gets to frame or view then dialogs loses focus and some color change occurs to dialog title. which is very irritating. I dont want this. I want the CPalette dialog to look like a component of MainFrame. There should...