Refresh Form after custom action

I set a value of an account through custom application, how can I
refresh the account window from which I clicked the toolbarbutton

I've heard of a sort of callback ? window.opener?

CRM itself manages, that you can open a record only once. how?

TIA

Stefan
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try

window.opener.location.reload()

On 18 Oct 2004 10:32:42 -0700, s.rauchegger@gmx.at (Stefan Rauchegger)
wrote:

>I set a value of an account through custom application, how can I
>refresh the account window from which I clicked the toolbarbutton
>
>I've heard of a sort of callback ? window.opener?
>
>CRM itself manages, that you can open a record only once. how?
>
>TIA
>
>Stefan

0
Edward
10/18/2004 6:09:36 PM
window.opener.crmForm.SubmitCrmForm(1,true,true,false)

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Edward Michiciuc" <info[cuthere]@edware.de> wrote in message
> Try
>
> window.opener.location.reload()
>

> On 18 Oct 2004 10:32:42 -0700, s.rauchegger@gmx.at (Stefan Rauchegger)
> wrote:
>
> >I set a value of an account through custom application, how can I
> >refresh the account window from which I clicked the toolbarbutton
> >
> >I've heard of a sort of callback ? window.opener?
> >
> >CRM itself manages, that you can open a record only once. how?
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >Stefan

0
John
10/19/2004 3:44:22 AM
THX
I'll give this a try!

Stefan

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:<uimRt3YtEHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> window.opener.crmForm.SubmitCrmForm(1,true,true,false)
>

> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "Edward Michiciuc" <info[cuthere]@edware.de> wrote in message
> > Try
> >
> > window.opener.location.reload()
> >

> > On 18 Oct 2004 10:32:42 -0700, s.rauchegger@gmx.at (Stefan Rauchegger)
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I set a value of an account through custom application, how can I
> > >refresh the account window from which I clicked the toolbarbutton
> > >
> > >I've heard of a sort of callback ? window.opener?
> > >
> > >CRM itself manages, that you can open a record only once. how?
> > >
> > >TIA
> > >
> > >Stefan

modeling action queries
Hi- I am reverse engineering a database I wrote in access for documentatio purposes. Visio does not import my action queries. Do I have to writ the appends and make tables in SQL and then enter a new object as view? Here is an example of the SQL for one such append query: INSERT INTO CFO ( [Desc], [Budget Code], [Expend Code], [Spent De 2004], [Allocated Dec 2004], [Spent Jun 2005], [Allocated Jun 2005] [Spent Sep 2005], [Allocated Sep 2005], [Spent Oct 2005], [Allocate Oct 2005], [Spent Jun 2006], [Allocated Jun 2006], [Unit Description] [Department Description], [Requested Oct 2005]...

Custom scrollbar
I am looking for ways to customize vertical and horizontal scroll bars in list and treeview controls. I checked with Spy and it appears that scrollbars are not windows in these standard controls so I cannot subclass them. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. This is a question that comes up quite a lot. Exactly what kind of "customization" do you require? Generally, I believe that there are no good answers to this problem, or perhaps just no answers at all. joe On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:16:03 -0700, "Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

creating a custom signature
I want to create a custom signature to sign ALL emails automatically. Also wish to add to that below my signature my personal mission statement. how do I do this? Hello Diane, The tutorial below can help show you how to create and setup a signature in Windows Mail. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94853-windows-mail-signatures.html Hope this helps, Shawn Diane;1253171 Wrote: > I want to create a custom signature to sign ALL emails automatically. > Also wish to add to that below my signature my personal mission > statement. > how do I do this? -- B...

Form for searching database?
Hi, I have a large list of resources that has been categorized by topic, audience, type, language and availability. I would like to know if it is possible to create a form where a person can enter what they are looking for (e.g., specificy the topic, language and availability) and somehow have Access return a report of what resources match the desired criteria. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Julie If you just want to choose *one* field to filter on, and narrow it down as you go, see: Find as you type - Filter forms with each keystroke at: http://allenbrowne.com/AppFind...

~ TMPCLP Ghost forms
Just curious, I have 4 forms in my VB project explorer that named Form_~TMPCLP##### that i have deleted the orginal form. i can view the code, but when i view the object it says it doesnt exist, then opens the ~TMPCLP##### but they are not in the navigation page. they are present in the MSysObjects table. does any one know what these are and/or if i can get rid of them. it doesnt seem like they are causing any issue, it's just weird. Running 2007/XP thanks for all the help past and future. Are they still there after you compact the database? -- Doug Steele, Microsof...

Saving Form as Report in ADP
Does anyone know how to save a Form as a Report in an Access ADP. Apparently this process is straightforward in an mdb as you right click on the form and save to report (the wizard does the rest). But this option is not present in my ADP version. Any thoughts? I don't use ADPs any more because it's just easier to use an MDB, even with SQL-Server. The best advice I can give you is to open an empty report in Design View and do the same for the form, Select all the controls on the form, copy them, and paste them onto the report. Not quite as clean or easy as right-click...

Creating a custom calendar in publisher 2003
I am new to publisher and I am trying to create a custom calendar look. I choose a calender template that was close to what I wanted and then modified it. However, the other months do not show the new look I just created. What do I need to do to have my new look carry over to the other months? Thanks! Modified how? The images? Best way is to create a new publication with enough pages for how many months you want in your calendar. Go to the Master page. From the wizard copy all on the first month except the calendar and the title, paste to the new publication on the Master Page. The ...

opportunity form, accounts/contacts javascript
does anybody know of any way to grab the parent account guid/name if i were to place the contact down on the opportunity form? i would prefer javascript since i hate doing callouts. If you don't use callout, there's another way you can do it but you still have to write code for it. Create a custom aspx page, and for the on change event on the field/button, pass in the opportunity guid, then you can use that opportunity to lookup the contact information, from the contact information, you can grab the guid to look up the account this contact related to. The end result of the asp...

Custom number formats
Hi, today I watched a webcast for easy charts on excel, in there it was mentioned that you can use formulas to change the color of a data label customizing the numbers, my question is: How can I use it to define for a section? (I need to get red colored for values upper than 10%, yellow for values between 10 and 8%, and normal for below) I tryied based on my experince to use the following formulas: [red][>0.1]0%;[yellow][<0.1 and >0.08]0%;[black]0% but doesn't work Tha actual formula i'm using is the following: [red][>0.1]0%;[black]0% I don't want to use macros, t...

Form Menu's Question
I have encountered a problem in Access 2003 where the user has performed a "File, Print" option and wasted a ton of paper... I have looked through the existing posts and found advise on creating a custom toolbar. Under Tools, Startup options I have taken away all menu's and toolbars, however, the user still has access to the standard menu... "File, Edit, View, etc. I attempted to create a custom toolbar but the standard menu options still display so I'm not sure now how to prevent this from happening in the future. Can I not disable these standard menu opti...

Fault in transferral of result from form to query
Hi, What is wrong? In a form I have a combo box - when a choice has been made the result should be saved i the query (where it is defined). It works partly The result from the form - 2155931 the result in the query - 215 (the last 4 numbers dissappers) How do I fix this? -- MSF Perhaps there's a matter of terminology at work here. In Access, data is stored in tables, not in forms, and not in queries. On your form, is your combo box "bound" to any field? (You did mention something about a query, so which field from the query is it bound to?) If you ope...

Preventing refresh link prompt
Is it possible to stop excel asking if links want to be refreshed whe opening a file. I'm having to distribute a file to users who won't hav access to the source files it is linked to. I do not want to break th links. I can make a small macro file that would open the the file and no refresh the links but I'm looking for a tidier bit of vba to put in th actual file, thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Depends on the version of excel you and your pals are using. Edit|Links|Startup Prompt Button is where this is set. In earlier versions, I'd use that helpe...

Error Customizing Outlook today in Outlook XXP
This just started after i got locked out of my computer. When I opened Outlook XP I got this message box: CiceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. I had Outlook set up to open on Outlook Today when the message appears. I have changed this so it opens to my inbox, but whenever I click on top of the tree, Outlook Today" it gives me the message above. Anyone have the foggiest idea how to fic this? ...

create new form
Using MS Office 2003 with Windows XP. I'm creating a series of new email messages in Outlook that I would like to save as forms. I would like to do this without having to turn off MS Word as the email editor every time I create a new form. When Word was turned off as the editor I would create the forms by starting a new mail message, adding everything I wanted then hitting Tools/Forms/Publish Form. However I can't create forms in this way when Word is turned on as the email editor. I thought that the solution might be to add the Tools/Forms/Publish Form menu button to the new ...

POP Blank Form FOB Field
We have set up default FOB information for our vendors, but the informatin does not seem to transfer (Default) to new purchase orders we enter. We have been manually editing each line item for the FOB information, Also would like it to print once at the top of the PO, we don't have line items with different FOB's. (Entire PO is either Origin or Destination, not line items) Is the best thing to do is add the Free on Board field from the vendor master table to the PO Header? -- Doug Doug, We put the FOB on the header. If you look at the POP report in report writer, you wi...

Stop Excel form objects being printed
I tried to hiding the Forms objects being printed but would like to have the content printed. Hi Jong, If you are trying to print your form without the objects then Right click the object and go to Properties/Print Object change from true to false. You'll have to do this to every object that you do not want to show up in your print. Hope this helps, Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

Error when attempt to import customizations to different server.
When attempting to import customizations from our development server to our production service we are receiving a "SQL Server error occurred". We are not seeing any errors in the SQL log but we are seeing errors in the IIS Error Log. 2006-11-02 21:17:33 W3SVC1 POST /MSCRMServices/ImportXml.asmx - 80 CRMSvcAcct xx.xx.xx.xx Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+MS+Web+Services+Client+Protocol+1.1.4322.2300) 500 0 0 2006-11-02 21:17:33 W3SVC1 POST /tools/systemcustomization/ImportCustomizations/importCustomizationsGrid.aspx - 80 CRMSvcAcct Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windo...

Form rowsource?
Hi, I have a main form to display Organization type of information and subform to display how many organization fall under this Org type. The form is working fine. Now user want to go a little bit deeper, they want to have an option to display only those organization who are directly invlove. I have add a button hoping that user can click on it to switch the rowsource of the form but it appear not working If Me.cmdSwitchOrgSource.Caption = "List only Pact Partner" Then Me.subfrmContactOrganizations.RowSource ="subfrmContactOrganizationsPartner" Else Me.subfr...

Macro does not run when data refreshed
I set up a worksheet at work that queries our lab information system for incomplete high priority orders. The results of the query are display in order by age, oldest to newest. The Data Range Properties is set to refresh the data every 2 minutes and overwrite existing cells with new data and clear unused cells. After new data is imported there is a Visual Basic macro that compares the time of each order to the current PC time and changes the color of the text from green to yellow to red as the order ages. All of the works great. I've recently duplicated this worksheet at a secon...

eEnterprise Customization
hi, I am looking for a way to customize a eEnterprise window that can send real time data to and from a .NET application/WS. Is there a way I can implement this in dexterity(using XML as data exchange) or is there a better approach? I mean do I have to build a totally custom .NET App that would read and write from GP tables. -Thanks, D ...

Paying a vendor that is also a customer
I have a customer that I sometimes buy materials from. How can I show a deduction from an invoice as payment for materials. Or is this not possible in Money because it is an income and expense in the same transaction? ...

custom cell formatting #3
Can anyone tell me why Excel will not let me use the customize option in formatting cells to "CS-###"? I would like to be able to type in "150" and have it automatically come up as "CS-150". I use this function quite frequently and can not understand why Excel will not allow me to use "CS-###" when any other letters work just fine. For example, it will let me do "TS-###", "SC-###", "XY-###", and so on with no problem at all. But for whatever reason it will not let me use "CS-###". Is it just my computer ...

Create/Add new customer via SQL/COM
I need to be able to create a new customer account via code/SQL. I'm trying to find out if there's a QSRules property/method that will do it (I don't think so), and if not, what are the tables besides Customer that get records created at the same time? Obviously, it depends on what info is provided but is there a set of tables that get touched by default? Or is it safe to just add a record to Customer and then go from there? Alternatively, is there a way to "call" whatever gets called when you click on "New" from the "Find" window under "...

Tendering without a customer selected?
Is there any way to Tender without actually creating a customer? Say a customer just walks in and makes a quick cash purchase without any desire to leave their name and number... is there a way to just make the sale without recording customer info? Two options: #1: Store Operations|Configuration|Customer Options... Require customer selection for orders Require customer selection for quotes Require customer selection for sales You can uncheck any or all. #2: Create a customer called Cash Sale. HTH, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that w...

Button hidden in Continuous form depending on specific record value
Hi everyone, I've created a continuous form and I'm trying to display (or hide) a control (text field or button) depending on the result of a combo box entry in each individual record. Up to this point I've been able to create the code that will display or hide the control but it does so for each record on the form. Would you know a way to do it on a record by record basis?? Thanks, Bruno. While it may look as though you've got, say, 20 buttons on the form when there are 20 rows of data, in actual fact there's only a single button, repeated 20 times. That means that ...