Redirect Help, Customise Sales Sections, Mail Merges

Can I please get some advice on the following:

1. I want to redirect the help button to our company manual. As our company
is releasing crm in phases, I do not want people reading the help section and
getting any ideas. Is this possible and supported?

2. I want to hide some of the buttons, for this phase at least, in some of
the accounts and contacts sections - such as Cases and Notes. Is this
possible and supported? Which files do I need to modify?

3. This one is the biggy!
Okay, the majority of our users do not use desktops, as they log in via
citrix on Sun Rays. Is it possible to create a mail merge letter without
using any of the office programs?
I need to create a mail merge through the web gui ONLY.

Many thanks in advance!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Answers below...

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:25:05 -0800, LadyUK <LadyUK@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Can I please get some advice on the following:

1. I want to redirect the help button to our company manual. As our company
is releasing crm in phases, I do not want people reading the help section and
getting any ideas. Is this possible and supported?

>>You can modify the HTML files for the help system using any standard HTML editor.

2. I want to hide some of the buttons, for this phase at least, in some of
the accounts and contacts sections - such as Cases and Notes. Is this
possible and supported? Which files do I need to modify?
>>While you can hide the buttons from the main screens via security, they will
>>still appear on te detail form.  There is no supported way to change this.

3. This one is the biggy!
Okay, the majority of our users do not use desktops, as they log in via
citrix on Sun Rays. Is it possible to create a mail merge letter without
using any of the office programs?
I need to create a mail merge through the web gui ONLY.
>>I was able to develop a web-based merge rpocess for a client, so it
>>is definately possible.  But we also needed Office on the client machine.

Many thanks in advance!

0
Matt
2/11/2005 3:46:43 PM
Thanks for the answers... I have edited some of the xml  - any chance of
disabling the help button all together?

re question 3 and citrix
The users have office - but not an individual machine - is this possible?
see below...

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:37:09 -0800, LadyUK <LadyUK@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Thanks for the answers... I have edited some of the xml  - any chance of
disabling the help button all together?
>> not that I know of

re question 3 and citrix
The users have office - but not an individual machine - is this possible?
>> In the solution we developed, we needed Word on the client
>> machine to handle the actual printing.  All we did was serve up
>> the result doc to the user and it opened in Word where they
>> did what they needed to do.
0
Matt

help with appcrash
hi, i have been recieving this error message when i close ffdshow. can anybody help me with this problem because i know theres something wrong and i want to fif it. thanks, dennis.......... Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: rundll32.exe Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4549b0e1 Fault Module Name: ffdshow.ax Fault Module Version: 1.0.3.1415 Fault Module Timestamp: 46db96b6 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000e2d1d OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 3143 Additional Information 2: 51d9edd7...

Automated Access Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop E
Automated Access 2007 Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop Environment (aka Terminal Services ) I have set up an Access 2007 application that automatically reads data from a SQL Server database, generates several reports, and then pushes these reports out to several files in PDF format. After the report files are generated, I use VBA code in Access to fire up Outlook to e-mail the reports as attachments to several department managers. This system is initiated by the Windows Scheduler at 4:00 AM every day and is run with no human intervention. In order to avoid th...

Auto dialer occurs when receiving html mail
I am using OL2000 and have been having some trouble with the autodialer coming up when I just click on a message sent to me that has what I assume is HTML. The problem is that if that message is the most recent message in my inbox then when OL auto connects on its regular hourly schedule my mail delivery fails. The other problem is I don't want to auto connect to the web every time I select that particular type of message. Any suggestions? Hi Michelle, look under TOOLS | OPTIONS | MAIL SETUP send immediately when connected deaktivate under that option you have the dial up opti...

Reinstalled Windows 2000; HELP!
I had a problem with a corrupted file on Windows 2000 Pro. I couldn't get it to run again, so I just reinstalled Windows 2000 Professional. In the process, did I destroy all my old email from Outlook Express? I did a complete install from the CD. Is there any way I can get my old email back, up to date? The IP server doesn't have those there anymore, since I configured it to delete email as I download it. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!! Hi John, I am not sure if you have lost your mails altogether. What you can do is search for the files named *.dbx. If you find some ...

Help! Need to ignore 0s and blank cells in average formula!
I have the following formula - which works - to calculate an average of numbers that are listed in 3 separate columns: =AVERAGE(E7:E126,M7:M129,U7:U128) The problem is that I need the formula to ignore blank cells and cells that contain a zero. I've tried many different things but just can't get it to work! Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help! "sandres74" wrote: > =AVERAGE(E7:E126,M7:M129,U7:U128) [....] > The problem is that I need the formula to ignore > blank cells and cells that contain a zero. If read look at Exce...

Outlook sends mail on closing program
On closing Outlook 2002 it attempts to send e-mails. I've tried Norton and McAffee to no avail. Does not pick up any virusses. Any ideas what it may be? Please!! outlook, options, mail setup / send receive, see if there is a check mark on the performa an automatic send/receive on exit "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:475701c3ff5c$5858e200$a301280a@phx.gbl... > On closing Outlook 2002 it attempts to send e-mails. I've > tried Norton and McAffee to no avail. Does not pick up any > virusses. Any ideas what it may be? Please!...

help #4
Help, I have two work sheets that have some releases on one sheet in column (F) that mark Total Available. The other work sheet that mark Commitments have a validation list that mark Head / Sub - Head Item / Sub - Item in column (F) The validation listings are difference listing under. In the Commitment work sheet when I put in the amount under Value of Invoice Order and click a listing in the validation list it must reduce the amount under the difference releases. (E.g let say that I had $50,109.62 dollar balance under upkeep in the releases column and I buy some cups that cost $...

Stop helping me
Here's my suggestion, on my way to downloading google chrome: stop helping me. As far as I can tell from my two weeks with IE8 running on Windows 7 there are hidden hot keys, or combinations of keys that when inadvertently struck, open and close windows in unintended ways that I find incredibly irritating. This is what I refer to as "helping me". If I wanted hot keys, I would have installed them, and the presumption of the IE team that I must have them by default is astonishing. I admit to not being the world's most accurate typist, but I thought almost the en...

modified vlookup help
I don't know if this will be a vlookup or something similar but here's what I need: -user enters a number that could range anywhere from 0 to 22667.27 -formula should match whatever number the user entered against an applicable range and then return a different number -For example a user enters 2931.15 -Formula should return a value of "125" since the user defined number falls between 2930.92 and 2954.54 -Formula should return a value of "126" if user enters 2970.12 because that value falls between 2954.55 and 2978.18 I have a list of hundreds of d...

Redirecting
Anyone know how to create a file which when opened by Excel 2003 causes it to redirect itself and open a second (csv) file? I know how to get a web browser to do this using http-equiv="REFRESH" but cannot do it within Excel. Many thanks T You can have a macro that in the first workbook that opens the .CSV file and then closes itself: Option Explicit Sub auto_Open() Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\my documents\excel\book1.csv" ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://...

OWA Link redirect issue
I send emails to my exchange server users to view using OWA. if I hyperlink sites that are available in and out of my domain but reside on the same server i get an error.for example, If a user clicks on a hyperlinks in a email within OWA they redirect correctly. say a hyperlink to www.yahoo.com works fine but when I click a link to my own external domain home.dllw.com it fails with a HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden page. here is the link: 1. https://home.dllw.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://home.dllw.com I have followed microsofts kb 817312 and I have a dns record to resolve the home.dllw.c...

Urgent Help
Hello, I've set a password on my home pc to access my emails in Outlook - however as i recently changed my identity password i can't remember what i changed it to! I therefore can only access any new emails via the internet as opposed to via Outlook. I urgently need to access my old emails and need to know how to override the password set - would greatly appreciate any help with this. Look forward to hearing from anyone! Outlook or Outlook Express? Outlook Express uses Identities so I will presume that you are using OE. This is the wrong group for OE support as this gro...

duplicate mails during download
Hi I have outlook 2003 (with latest updates). I have setup 5 accounts and are configured to download emails from the same server - all with different login names and passwords. The only common thread is the name of the pop3 server. On a couple of accounts, I get two identical copies of the same mail. I have tried several things - 1. reconfigured it to NOT leave a copy of the msg on the server 2. LEave a message but delete it after x days 3. Altered the location of the "culprit" account in the list of emails being downloaded. None of these seem to make difference. I have che...

Need help with an excel macro to group values
I am looking to group cells in excel. I have a column called level and the levels range from 4-6. 4 5 5 5 6 6 5 6 6 4 5 5 5 6 6 5 Group at level 4 (so select all rows with a 5 or 6 until you reach the next level 4) Then group at level 5 (so select all rows with a 6 and group them with the 5 above them) I don't know any coding so if you could please assist me with this. Thanks hi, ! assuming your column(range) is A2:A17 and you wan to group-outline -?- try with a macro like this one: Sub OutLineRows_Base_4To6() Dim eCell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each ...

Campaign
CRM 3.0 Web Client. Is there ANY way to use an e-mail template with either a Quick Campaign or full Campaign? If not...what on earth would the reasoning behind that be?? Thanks, SRW -- What boots up must come down.... Quick Campaign No. I'd try to use the "E-mail va Mail Merge" Channel under the Campaign Activity. Need to setup the Outlook Client with MS Word so it can pull the email merge template from MS Word. Or go with 3rd Party support on this. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com ...

help with formulas, don't know where to start!
I have to worksheets and I need to bring numbers from one Worksheet to the ohter kind of like this: worksheet one looks like this column a column b 1 20 2 21 3 22 4 23 worksheet2: column a column b 3 2 4 1 I need to populate in col b of worksheet 2 the numbes from col b of worksheet 1. A VLOOKUP function should do the trick On worksheet 2 use this for the formula in B1 =VLOOKUP(A1,worksheet1!$A$1:$B$4,2,False) Copy down as needed -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "Ed"...

example in the help topic
I put in a wrong formula and then I went to the function help and it said to open a blank worksheet, Select the example in the Help topic. I can't find the example in the help topic. Do I open a blank worksheet and then press CTRL +C to opent the examples? I was in the ATAN function. -- Lois Ann On main menu select Help and type in ATAN to bring up help screen. There are three examples shown in the Help for ATAN =ATAN(1) =ATAN(1)*180/PI() =DEGREES(ATAN(1)) Select one of them(or more) and CTRL + C to copy. Insert>Insert Worksheet Select A1 and CTRL + V to paste. Gord Dibben ...

help with "=(A3*A3)" command
Hello, Does anyone know why a function i used to use like: =A3*A3 doesn't work anymore. Like say the value in cell A3 was 2, and in cel B3 i type: =A3*A3 the result in cell B3 would normally be 4, but now when i try to d something like that it says: #VALUE! I even tried changing the formula around like =(A3*A3) well, can anyone help me out? It doesn't even work if i try to use i for subtraction or division..even if i try to use different cells lik =C3-C4 or something. HELP ME!!!!! -- happe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- happee'...

Open quotes by Sales Rep
Open Quotes (and work orders) sorted by Sales Rep report so that we can track our sales pipeline and who is responsible for it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?...

how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites?
how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites? Hello! > how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed > along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other > sites? What do you mean by "redirecting traffic"? Linking to a certain page? The page, the user came from can be read from the Referer-Header. For example: User clicks on a link on the page http://example.org/a.html wich leads to http://example.org/b.aspx - s...

Help with problem
I accidentally clicked on the "From" field in Outlook and drug it down my listing of emails. Now the field is missing and my emails do not list who they are from on the screen. I have to click on the email to see who it is from now. I cannot figure out how to get that field back now that I have done this. I have looked in a few places in Outlook to see if I could figure it out, but to no avail I have not figured it out. Any help would be appreciated. Right-click on the bar and add it back, or choose Customize Current View. Choose Fields, add the From field back. ...

Outlook 2003 and mail to contacts....
Hi U all! Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to set which format a mail sent to a spesific contact should have? Some contacts accepts HTML mail, and others don't -- Regards Zadig Galbaras A Perturbed Norwegian Agnistic Can't you right click on the contact and select Outlook Properties and select the format from there? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Zadig Galbaras aske...

I have a problem printing a mail merge in Publisher
Up until recently, I had no problem printing my invoices in Publisher using the mail merge feature and my database in Microsoft Access. Now, unexplicably publisher is only allowing me to print the invoice that is on the screen. I no longer have the otion to print various pages as I did in the past. For example, I would print invoices 1-25 and then 25-50 and so on. I went back into the publication and put in the fields again, but to no avail. ...

mailbox redirect URGENT
Hi, Wilma has just take out power in our US office in Boca :-( I have a couple of people who really need email. I said we should have moved their email boxes before, but people seemed to think they were too large. So here's my setup... I have a frontend server here in the UK which receives all mail for my company and then either delivers to boca or here in the UK. I have setup a new user for one of the users and given him the email aliases that he had on his other mail box and told it to create the email box on our server here in the UK, but so far, the mail box doesn't seem...

duplicate e-mail virus
My Outlook 2003 infinately duplicates messages received and will not allow me to send. Does anyone know how to get rid of this virus? On 13 Apr 2004 20:06, "rowen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Outlook 2003 infinately duplicates messages received and will not >allow me to send. Does anyone know how to get rid of this virus? That might not be a virus. First of all you should update your antivirus software and have it scan your machine just to be sure. Secondly... ...is this only happening on a single message? What kind of mail account are you u...