Redesign of the database

Not sure if this is possible as it is based on an incident that was just a
bug in the application.  But due to the bug cleaning the data is very
difficult.

The suggestion is to redesign the CRM database structure such that when a
bug like this happens, fixing broken data will not be a complicated task.

(see Incident  8734534 for all the details)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=51216380-8c85-4b41-82f5-f53cc13e54a6&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Offline Batches not in SO database, still in SO Offline database
Hi Everyone, Have a problem where I see a few batches that are in the offline database with a status of 8 and they do not show up in the SO database. The cashier is off by the amount in that offline batch. The reason I know this: 1. SELECT * FROM BATCH in the offline database displays the offline batch and the amount matches the amount she is over in tender. 2. There are no journal receipts shown for the time period that the cash register was offline. Any ideas? Or anyone can explain how the offline database process works at the database level? I was thinking if I can reset the ba...

Call it simple,but... multiple users sharing database
Okay, thanks in advance for your patience and quick reply to my urgest question... 5 staff on 5 different computers (customer service related--sales stuff irrelevant features) want to ensure all are working with identical and current customer data via MS CRM... can this be done, can we all share the same database ... using what MS SBS? Can i set up a server - put the database on it and get crm licenses for all users and everyone is smiling? I am currently using ACT6 and it works well that way but is brutal to integrate email etc. etc..... want to switch over to integrated crm/outlook/...

Cannot attach database that MS supplied.
I downloaded and installed the MS SQL report pack for v1.2. It comes with the ..MDF for the Adventure Works Cycle reports that are demo reports. The instructions say to attach the database but I keep getting "Error 1813" Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState:42000) Error 1813: Could not open new database 'name'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. Device activation error. The physical file name 'c:\program files\..\name_log.ldf' may be incorrect. attaching database has failed I also tried using "sp_attach_single_file_db" in query analyzer but got the sam...

Moving Database location
I am trying to move my priv1.edb or priv1.stm file to a different drive in exchange 2000. I have been successful in moving the public and logs, but everytime I move the priv1, the exchange system manager stops responding. It will copy the file to the new location, but remounts the old files. Thanks for andy suggestions. what do you mean "the old files"? the process should "move" the priv2.edb...are you certain you're waiting long enough for the move to complete? "joss" <joss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2152A9CF-AF19-42BB-804...

new database location question
I am looking into moving our CRM database to a more powerful server in the same domain. When I read through the disaster recovery on how to restore the CRM databases, one of the steps is to restore the master DB. Do I have to back the master database up on the old server, and restore it on my fresh install of SQL Server? I guess the same question goes for the msdb database. Well, I moved my databases and I can see my data no problem. The next question is how do I re-enable replication? The implementation guide says that just pointing CRM at the new server will enable it, but when I look in n...

How do I set up a daily activities journal database?
I want to setup a database that serves as a log of daily activity. Anyone have this type of database already setup? On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:48:03 -0700, wtyree <wtyree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to setup a database that serves as a log of daily activity. Anyone >have this type of database already setup? If you have Access, you almost surely have Outlook. How about using the builtin Journal feature in that program? If you do want to roll your own, you'll have to decide what "activity" you want to record and how. It might be as simple as a table wit...

Could not establish SQL database connection using GPConnNET assembly
Hi, When deploying my DexToNet Application, I'm getting the following error whenever I open any of my custom forms: Could not establish SQL database connection using GPConnNET assembly My forms are using the existing GP connection set to Company.Default. Any idea or suggestion on where should I look for a solution? Is this a problem of the Data Source? Thanks! ...

Redesign of the database
Not sure if this is possible as it is based on an incident that was just a bug in the application. But due to the bug cleaning the data is very difficult. The suggestion is to redesign the CRM database structure such that when a bug like this happens, fixing broken data will not be a complicated task. (see Incident 8734534 for all the details) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...

clean up database
We have finished customising the CRM system but have a lot of test information in the databse - is it possible to remove the test data but keep the customised fields, workflows etc... in place - start with a blank db but with all out settings intact? If anyone knows, we would appreciate it if you could share how with us. Thanks, John Finnigan The only way to accomplish this would be to manually delete records (unsupported) from the associated tables. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "JohnF" <JohnF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BDC1424-8103-447...

Database Query #3
I posted this earlier with no replies. Anyone got any ideas? I am using a database query to retrieve data from another database excel file. The problem I am having is that the column of data which I have contains records which have both text and number formats. When the data transfers, it only brings those records which are number format. Is there any way to make is so that the database query will pull both number and text formats, as I can't easily change it so that it is one or the other? Thanks The following article in Dick Kusleika's web log may help: http://www.di...

When to split a single database into two
I'm creating a database in Office2003 Access. This is my first time doing this. After reading a manual, I'm still trying to understand what constitutes a need for separate but linked databases? My proposed database is to track inventory, log and monitor trouble tickets, users, and document service and pertinent information of network devices. I could have one very large database with a lot of tables (how many is "a lot" or too many?). or... should I break these up into 2 or 3 databases (and link them)? Just looking for loose advice here - maybe some good book title...

Repair of corrupted RMS database?
Hi, we've an RMS database that is showing signs of a corruption. A restored backup of the database on my own PC will not Check without bringing up the following error: Error-2147213519: System table pre-checks: Object ID 4. Could not read and latch page (1:7180) with latch type SH. Check statement terminated due to unrepairable error. A Reindex brings up the following: Error re-indexing database - 2147217900. Could not continue with NOLOCK due to data movement. On the machine where the database normally resides and where the clients PCs connect to is having problems when running ...

SQL error as i restored the database
there is an error happened when i restored the original database. The hand under the MSCRM and Metabase disappeared when i finished restoring the database, which means the replication does not work any more. Also, i can't log in to CRM server any more even the admin user. any one get the idea to restore the database in the right way which the hand under both database will not disappear or how to backup the database correctly? thanks When backing up CRM databases you should ensure the CRM services are stopped. Are you restoring to the same machine in the same domain? The followi...

Database Synchronization
I am looking for some details about.. a.How HQ DB and Store DB is synchronized? b.How cross DB queries is done on worksheets?(need help more) I can work with OPENROWSET queries.but i think this way is not implemented on QS data. Can anyone help me in this regard?I really need help.. ...

Unsure of database design
Hello all, I hope you can help me! I'm reasonably new to Access having learnt how to use it and VB mostly through trial and error! I'm now trying to set up a new database which will lookup conditions in animals following a search based on symptoms, breeds, age etc. What I'm getting stuck on is the table design for my database. For each of the conditions there may be 5 or 6 clinical signs, several breeds and so on. What is the best way of structuring this? Should I have one big table with maybe eight "Clinical Signs" fields (Clinical Sign 1, Clinical Sign 2 etc....) ...

Adding items to database
I have an item that we but in a roll of 150 feet. We sell it three ways, per roll, per 30 foot piece, per foot. What is the best way to enter it into the POS system for inventory control? You can accomplish this by using the Parent / Child function. Rob "scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1369F19F-E6AF-4EA7-B9C1-A77EE4E105E9@microsoft.com... >I have an item that we but in a roll of 150 feet. We sell it three ways, >per > roll, per 30 foot piece, per foot. What is the best way to enter it into > the > POS system for inventory co...

Migrate an Access database
Hello, Is there any way to migrate an access database to a standalone product? In other words, is there a way to operate a access data base without the access program. If so what would be the basic steps, ie purchase from a third party, c++ programming? I appreciate any help with this matter. Thanks. How about the Office Developers Edition? This is a package that will allow you to build a stand-alone product that does not require Access. Not sure how good it is or whether it coexists with a "fully" licnesed copy of Access or Office. I have not tried to deploy such...

Who redesigned the label printing?!!
Leave it to M$ to screw something up. We just upgraded from QS2000 and the original company, SMS, had the label printing down to a couple of steps. Now it takes SEVERAL steps to print a label and is VERY FRUSTRATING. Who cares about a wizard. From my item i should be able to print a label in a couple of steps. ...

XML Parsing and storing in database
Hi, I have a multi-level complex XML that I like to process and store in the database. I'm comfortable with using DataSet and then reading the tables (XML is parsed into 7 tables in my case) and processing the data. However, just to become familar with XmlTextReader, I've done the same thing using XmlTextReader. Any major difference between the two that I should be aware of for a production level application? Especially when the XML is really complex. Is using DataSet.ReadXml a solid method to read XML and process it? Thanks Maz. Maziar Aflatoun wrote: > I have a multi-lev...

Database Runtime Question
I am designing a database in Access 2003. It is almost complete other then the fact I need to create a runtime for it to enable PCs without Access to view the database. My question is, when the runtime is created and installed on the PCs that need it, if I need to add or make changes to the database will the users with the runtime program be able to see these changes or would I need to create a new runtime for them to see the changes? Thanks in advance for your responses, they are appreciated:) -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/...

How to change the AutoNumbers inID field in my finished database?
This may be a simple question but... I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a different way I have set it up. Is this possible? On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:48:01 -0800, Jako <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Define "different". -Tom. >This may be a simple question but... >I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a >different way I have set it up. Is this possible? Jako <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a ...

How to REDESIGN my Contacts window?
I would like to move a User1 field to the front of my Contacts window (instead of being on the 4th tab). Is there a way for me to do that? These pages should help: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm http://www.outlookcode.com/d/contactform.htm http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx ...

Options for sppeding up database execution
I have a large database (49mb) that I want to speed up. Which would be the better way: to delete unused queries, unused forms, unused reports or to delete obsolete tables / obsolete records in large tables ? I'm hesitant to do all because I'm not sure which components are obsolete or unused. Where do you suggest I start? Thanks for your ideas. DeanT wrote: > I have a large database (49mb) that I want to speed up. Which would > be the better way: to delete unused queries, unused forms, unused > reports or to delete obsolete tables / obsolete records in large > tabl...

Link Dbase Tables as read only in Access Database
I wish to link some Dbase 111 Tables into an Access Table. Can they be linked as read Only? Linking Dbase 111 Tables into Access 2003 I think that the read only attribute, would need to be enforced by the dBase database. That said, if you only view the files through a form, you can easily lock the controls so they can't be edited. Reports cannot be edited either. Assuming that you don't give your users access to tables by hiding the database container or the navigation pane, you should be OK. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com ...

Database
I'm trying to find the easiest/smartest way to create a database for a group of people. I'd like the database to meet two criteria: a. to use as a contacts list to send a group email b. to create address labels Creating address labels has been a hassle in the past. I cant' find a way to export my Outlook Express address book without exporting it in it's entirety. Without exporting the one group folder, I'm left with the task of manually selecting 50 names out of hundreds. I've tried creating a database in Excel but the mailmerge in Word won't work. An anom...