Redeployment Errors

I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 installation and I keep getting "...cannot
grant access to the databases" error during the final step of installation.
I'm installing with a user with administrative rights and made sure that
user was in SQL with System Admin and DBO rights.
Has anyone else experienced this?

0
Danielle
10/21/2005 1:33:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This can happen if you install CRM by copying files to disk from CD.  Try
installing from CD and use splash.exe.  Also clear Enable LMHOSTS lookup
check box in the tcp/ip properties.

"Danielle Sturgess" wrote:

> I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 installation and I keep getting "...cannot
> grant access to the databases" error during the final step of installation.
> I'm installing with a user with administrative rights and made sure that
> user was in SQL with System Admin and DBO rights.
> Has anyone else experienced this?

Are you installing in an environemnt with multiple domain controllers?
Errors like this can happen when the CRM Server & the SQL server are
authenticating to different DC's.  The AD changes made by the install
haven't replicated yet.  If this is the case, try forcing an AD replication
as soon as the CRM isntall begins running the SQL scripts.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Danielle Sturgess" <danielles@ccr1.com> wrote in message
I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 installation and I keep getting "...cannot
grant access to the databases" error during the final step of installation.
I'm installing with a user with administrative rights and made sure that
user was in SQL with System Admin and DBO rights.
Has anyone else experienced this?

0
Matt

runtime error catcher
Hi, I just want to ask a question. With the runtime error catcher that i'v got below, it still shows up empty box when there is no runtime error It works great if there is a runtime error. Here is the code Sub Importfile() On Error GoTo ErrCheck FileIn = Application.GetOpenFilename() slot = FreeFile Open FileIn For Input As slot ... ErrCheck: 'show the description of the error MsgBox Err.Description End Sub is this the right way of catching the error? Thank you very much in advanc -- associate ----------------------------------------------------------------------- associates&#...

error 80048823
I have tried ever thing on the net pertaining to this error message posted by microsoft. I will no longer use live messenger. I opened a yahoo account maybe I'll have better luck. ever since I download the live 09 i have had nothing but problems take this crap and put it where the sun don't shine. vickie ...

Using redeployment tool
We are having this error when trying to use redeployment tool 11/21/2005 12:09:48 Export started 11/21/2005 12:09:59 Searching for the Organizational Unit with name Complete Solutions Limited and GUID {6641afb8-23cd-4ca9-ba37-4955e68c2430} 11/21/2005 12:09:59 Search root is : LDAP://CS 11/21/2005 12:10:05 The wizard could not find the Microsoft CRM organizational unit (OU) that is specified in the database. Make sure the OU exists in Active Directory. 11/21/2005 12:11:01 Export ended Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Kyaw ...

Workflow redeployment
I have looked into different posting with regards to worfklow redeployment from a development server to a production server but I still have a major question. Redeploying workflows from a test server installed in Active Directory A and having MS CRM licenses B to a production server in Active Directory C having MS CRM licenses D is a simple process such as Export workflows from A and Import Workflows to C ? What happens with Active Directory specific objects included in the workflow definitions ? Is there a way to map them during import into C ? And what about licensing issues ? Thanks Ni...

MSExchangeIMC
We are having problems in a Exchange Mail Server 5.5 SP4 where the service "msexchangeimc" stops constantly giving error 4037: Event 4037 MSExchangeIMC Error An exception has occurred which was handled internally by the Internet Mail Service. This may have resulted in a message not being delivered. Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000 Address: 0x00462f42 We have followed the indications of the article of Microsoft 168883 but the problem persists. What can we do to solve it definitively? See if postSP4 hot-fixes for Exchange help. If not - you are out of lu...

Error msg: Runtime Error Outlook 2002
When initializing Outlook 2002 in Windows XP OS, I get the following error msg: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! ...

How to troubleshoot errors
I have Exchange 2003 SP1. This server has been in production for 2 years. Yesterday my users just started reporting "outlook is retrieving data" messages. I could not see any performance anomolies on the Exchange server. I have read alot of documentation about this error but where do I start troubleshooting it, Exchange server, GC server, Domain Controllers, or network traffic? IN the Exchagne Server connection status window - what #'s would be normal for avg resp? Thanks for any input I'd start with checking disk io, average read and write latency on your db a...

Crystal Reports Error 07-06-04
Hi Guys, Currently experiencing a problem with our CRM 1.2 install. I am unable to read any reports in CRM. i get the error message: "Object= = doesn't support this property or method" Has anyone seen this issue before? i can find references to the same err= or = elsewhere, but nothing within the reports area. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. -- Regards, Skip is this happening with the standard reports as well or just reports you have created? "Skip" <skip@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:opsapx3ofveek5xh@eng2.sytation.com... Hi Guys, Curr...

Redeployment Errors
I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 installation and I keep getting "...cannot grant access to the databases" error during the final step of installation. I'm installing with a user with administrative rights and made sure that user was in SQL with System Admin and DBO rights. Has anyone else experienced this? This can happen if you install CRM by copying files to disk from CD. Try installing from CD and use splash.exe. Also clear Enable LMHOSTS lookup check box in the tcp/ip properties. "Danielle Sturgess" wrote: > I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 install...

GP Upgrade--9.0 to 10.0-Registration Error
I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license keys". HELP! Registration keys are not interchangeable among different versions of GP. If you are a customer, you will need to contact your partner for new registration keys, and if you are a partner, you can get new ones from VOICE. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, ...

error message with sum
(New user) In my spreadsheet, I have four columns, each with a 0 or a 1 in each cell. The last cell in each column is "total" with formula =SUM(A3:A68), with appropriate column letters for each particula one. The columns get totalled correctly, but each of the "total" cells has a green triangle. The error message is: "the formula in this cell refers to a range that has additional numbers adjacent to it." I'm not sure what this means. I can't seem to get anything from the help screens. If by "adjacent" Excel means the columns next to each other,...

Error accessing the OLE registry.
When using the Wizard to create a chart from a table which has 3 fields after selecting all 3 fields and choosing the default chart type I get the message :- Chart Wizard Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. If I then continue I get an overflow error message when clicking the Finish button and am forced to use the Cancel button to close the wizard. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be, and is it anything to do with having Access 2003 installed as part of Office 2003 Pro? Viv ...

time out error
I'm using a D-link router not a Linksys my out-going e- mails with attachments always time out. Using Outlook 2002 on XP. Can anyone help? ...

Business Portal Query Error
GP 10.0, BP 4, 2-IIS Servers running WNLBS, WSS 3.0, Separate SQL 2005 Cluster. I just installed the BP. It comes up and I can configure users/security, but I can not see any data on the Sales/CustomerSummary/CustomerList or Inventory/Items/ItemList - both lists show the message "Query Error." prefixed by a red-x-circle in the blue footer bar of the lists. I've searched thru the WSS trace logs when they are set to log everything, and do not see any errors reported. Help! Chris. Additional info: When I click on the red-x, I get this error description in a popup window:...

Error #6
I recieved the message "could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed" when trying to continue an application on the internet. How to fix in order to proceed to the next set. I have mirosoft outlook. Thank you ...

Exchange System Manager Error #3
I just installed a new certificate on my Enterprise exchange server. I had been using a Small business server as a front end server and recently ran the transition pack to convert to a full Windows 2003 server. I am no longer using the exchange that was on the small business server and have disabled all of the services until I get a chance to remove it. When I try to access public folders from Exchange System Manager, I get the following error: the SSL certificate server name is incorrect ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager I am not sure what is causing this. All of the public ...

Error: Method 'OpenTextFile' of object 'IFileSystem' failed.
I am epxeriencing the same issue now. Only diffeence is mine is 'Method OpenTextFile of Object Ifilesystem failed'. I am sitting late nights to trouble shoot this. Any help is appreciated. I have a VBA macro on MS Excel that should open and read from a Text file. This is the code Dim fs, Tempfile Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set TempFile = fs.OpenTextFile(strInputFile, 1, False) Do While TempFile.AtEndOfLine <> True ' Process Loop I found that it throws error in the OpenTextFile mothod above.. It works for all of ...

Error converting 2003 to 2007
I have been trying everything to convert a MS-ACCESS 2003 file to 2007. Everytime I try I get the error Could not use 'C:\DB.mdb'; file already in use. I have tried re-booting. I found this article that I thought would help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/289681 This says it is caused by user rights on the folder. This can't be the problem. I have full access. I would appreciate any help. -- Dave It may be a misleading message telling you that you are trying to use the same filename as the original file. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP h...

GP upgrade to sp4 error
When upgrading to sp4, the working companies upgraded fine. The only problem is with the TWO company. It gives an invalid column name 'ACTNUMBR_4' erro while running stores procedures. It appears the script SE_Get_Acc_Detail_Hist is creating an error when it tries to load. We use the sample company for testing so it can be removed if needed, but would like to keep. Can't find anything anywhere on this error. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Charles, As alternative to troubleshooting, you can always re-initialise TWO by running GP Utilitiies and select to 'Re-a...

MobileSync error
When syncing my iPhone within iTunes, I get an error that says "MobileSync has stopped working" and I am required to close out of the program. Songs seem to sync fine, but my contacts from MSFT Outlook do not come across. I've un- and re-installed Outlook, as well as iTunes to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

"Runtime Error: Subscript Out of Range"
What the heck does this mean? If you hadn't guessed, I'm new to macros I'm getting this message when I try to run one of mine. THe macro open another workbook, copies two rows, pastes them, then copies the colo pallette, then closes the other workbook. When I ran them after writin them yesterday, they all worked fine, but now, I'm getting an error Here's the VBA (Which I know nothing about) if it will shed any light Any ideas -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?ac...

Compact and Repair Error
I am tyring to compact and repair a database. After a start the process a new db shows up in the source folder, usually db1. No problem there. When the db is done, the size of the 'compacted' db is the same. db1 still exists and it is actually the compacted db. So when it is all said and done, I have two db's, db1 and the original. db1 is the compacted version of the original. Any thoughts on how to fix the process so the db1 replaces the original db? Thanks! PJ On Mar 4, 3:12=A0pm, PJFry <PJ...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am tyring to compact and re...

XP error
Hi; I have using OUTLOOK XP with good success on my WIN ME system for many weeks. All of a sudden it refuses to send and receive mail and disconnects with error 0x80040154. I can have access via webmail and I am using explorer 5.5. But this a pain ! My ISP was no real help. My ME system has 'forgotten' or misplaced things before but I had no luck so far in reregistering a .dll file if that is required. Any suggestions how I can get OUTLOOK XP back ? Regards, Michael Skal. ...

Redeployment Problem
I need to move my CRM system from one server to another within the same domain. I tried using the redeployment tools, however the the Export Wizard kept trying to use LDAP to the domain, which failed, so I mapped the IP address of a DC to the domain name and it worked. The reployment wizard however just crashed, giving me an application execption. So I just installed CRM, and connected to the databases. Now I can see the data, but I can't save anything, and I can't run reports. Probably need to submit a Microsoft CRM Support incident since it could be pretty involved to ge...

External Error: Redeployment Headaches
From: "" <mark.veronda@iteration2.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.crm Subject: External Error - Redeployment Headaches Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 10:27:00 -0800 Hello all, I am in the process of using the redeployment tool to move an existing environment to a new domain. During the user mapping and deployment process I ran into an issue where one of the security roles was not getting imported properly. I worked with Microsoft support to get the issue resolved and basically needed to clean out one of the security roles in the Deployment file. The active directory mapping/deplo...