Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!

What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring
activities and service items?

Have I missed something in workflows or some such?

Thanks,

....dgg
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring
> activities and service items?
>
> Have I missed something in workflows or some such?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ...dgg

Hi David,
Has anyone responded to your question?  We are having the same issue
and I'm hoping there is a solution available.
Thanks!
Crystal

0
crysztl
5/29/2007 5:06:11 PM
David,

I understand that having generic recurrent appointments capabilities would
be really nice. But could you please clarify what you're after: appointments
and service activities that occur on a regular basis and show in the
calendar as such or activities that are regenerated once completed?

--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"David G" <David G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring
> activities and service items?
>
> Have I missed something in workflows or some such?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ...dgg

0
George

Add Item to Data List that has Dynamic Source
I have a dynamic drop down list that refers to a long column of names, sorted alphabetically. The list will size itself depending on the letters entered into a reference cell (A1). ResList is a named range that references to the column origin, and ResName is the dynamic named range of the column of names. The source equation is this: =OFFSET(ResList,MATCH(A1&"*",ResName,0),0,COUNTIF(ResName,A1&"*"),1) Question: is it possible to insert a blank as the first selectable item in the resulting list - without VB? -- Kind regards Rik A possible o...

adding service tracking
I’m wanting to try and add a service tracking site at my work using asp but I need it to be able to put customer info and parts sold on hold in the RMS software. Is this possible and if so where would be a good place to get some info or can I do it with SQL queries ...

In VB macro how do I select range from active cell
Hey guys and gals, Thanks for lookin at this problemmmmm??? When I am writing a macro using visual basic, how do I select a range which includes 2 rows down and 8 rows across (selects the range not just the single cell) from the currently selected/active cell then copy it: All this starts from the cell the user starts from. Example...... PuzzeledProgramer -- spydor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spydor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28438 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Recurring Billing
Looking for suggestions/ideas or 3rd party applications that would provide recurring billing functionality for Invoicing or SOP in Great Plains Standard similar to the functionality found in Receivables Transactions Nolan Computers has such a product: Advanced SOP with Recurring Invoices http://www.nolancomputers.com/greatplains/asop.aspx "Michael Bloom" <MichaelBloom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE694EB9-17BD-45FD-87A1-25AA4AF0E1B2@microsoft.com... > Looking for suggestions/ideas or 3rd party applications that would provide > recurring bill...

Signature Capture #3
Has anyone had any luck setting up the HHP (Handheld Products) TT8500? I have the UltraOPOS installed and can access the device with that program, however, when I add the devices in MS POS, I get an error that the devices (MSR & Sig. Cap) are not available. I'm not sure what form name to use or if there are any pre-loaded... Any help would be extrememly appreciated... -st ...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

AutoRecover #3
I am receiving the following message when using Excel. AutoRecover has been disabled for this session of Excel. Any ideas what this means and why it is happening? ...

Outlook Express 6.0 will not load
Outlook Express will not load- I get the following error: 'Msimn has caused an error in DIRECTDB.DLL. Msimn will now close. Has anyone came across this error ? Hi, Helen - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows....

Incoming service error, help
I am writing code to push an message to the econnect_incoming queue, then I was hoping the eConnect incoming service can pick it up and drop it to the GP database. I watch the code (VB.net, attached) line by line, no problem pushing the message to MSMQ, but I did not see it get into the GP database. Then in the eConnect log, I found this error: Event Type: Error Event Source: eConnect_Incoming_Service Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 9/17/2004 Time: 1:25:49 PM User: N/A Computer: TEST Description: eConnect Incoming Service Version=7.0.4.0 System.Messaging Cannot find a formatter capab...

Cant purge 2 messages from 'recover deleted items'
Using Outlook 2003 against Exchange2003. We have a problem with 2 messages that cannot be purged from the 'recover deleted items' window. All other messages can be purged without difficulty. When we try to purge thse messages we get the message: Out look was unable to delete some items from this folder. Make sure you have the required permissions and try again. The messages cant be restored either - so I suspect they are either: a) Corrupted or b) have weird permissions on them (needless to say we have full permissions on the mailbox). How can we resolve this? Where are messages th...

Excel 2002 post-service pack 3 hotfix package
Hello, does anyone know where I can get hold of the Excel 2002 post-service pack 3 hotfix package May 6 2004 please? Thanks, Noel. You have to contact MS like it says in the MSKB article. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Noel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211601c4a6e5$4b9a9500$a601280a@phx.gbl... | Hello, does anyone know where I can get hold of the Excel | 2002 post-service pack 3 hotfix package May 6 2004 please? | Thanks, Noel. ...

Inbox and Sent Items
Is it possible to see all the messages sent and those received in chronological order in the same window? I want to view all emails and all responses that I've sent on a specific matter without needing to go to the Inbox and also the Sent box. -- bmorganh ...

Service Pack for Office 2003
Just in case you don't know, SP1 for Office 2003 is available.About 18MB download - bit of a bummer on dial up but I managed it, and it seems stable enough of course! Don't know specific fixes. Dave http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up040804.htm#sp1 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips...

Case Management
Hi, We currently have a two tier level of support where cases will be escalated from our Service Desk Team to our Technical team. what we'd like to do is be able to monitor how long the case has been within the technical team and worked on before being passed back to the Service Desk for closure. Has anyone else come across this problem before and if so how did you manage to overcome it? Any help gratefully appreciated! Many thanks, Hi, in my opinion, the best solution will be through plug-ins, there are new events (messages) for queue entering and leaving and you can buildup ...

Project Server 2007 "Service Unavailable"
Hi, my company is currently testing PS 07 in a test enviromnet and in the past it kept on getting corrupted and now after our third try it was running fine until now it is giving us a "Service Unavailable". We've checked the application pool and made sure the log in name/password is correct or hasn't expired. Is there any other reason why this may happen? If we can't get PS 07 to stabilize we will not be able to move forward into putting it in production. The following are some of the possible reasons for getting the "Service Uanavailable" ...

Activities Tab behaviour for items Public Contact Folders
We have set up a Public Contacts Folder in Exchange 2003 and have assigned some Activities Tab folder groups (each activity gruop points to another single Public Mail item Folder). When using the Activities Tab on different Contacts, sometimes the associated mail items are located, sometimes not , (or sometimes not right away but say the next day). We can't find any documentation on how the Activites Tab works. Would anyone pleae know: What match critera is used (eg is it the name, email1 address etc)? Is there a lag between putting in the Contact item and associated Activities (eg ...

Error Message Adding item to Junk E-mail
I receive this message, "Message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persist restart outlook. Restarting does not change anything. I use Outlook 2000 on a Dell computer. I have McAfee Security Center on my computer. Any ideas?? -- The Administrator ...

recurring invoice
Is there a way to set up a recurring invoice in Money 2004 small business version. I am trying to setup a yearly invoice for my customers Thanks ...

Office for 3 computers
I have Office 2007 on 3 computers but one of them will not go back on line so I have a laptop I want to put Office on and I'm wondering if I should activate it, if it will work or how it works. Does the 3 copies go on 3 computers and that's it just as if all 3 of my computers got trash I have to go and buy another Office for 3 computers or can I just take off of one and put on another? lostsoul62, You have posted you question to the Microsoft Access newsgroup a database product. It can be confusing in the Microsoft Interface but scroll a wee bit further down and you...

Making Inactive Items Active
I need to be able to keep specific inventory items from appearing in an uploaded on-hand report that winds up on a webstore site. These are usually items for which I no longer have inventory, but I do not want to delete them, and I don't want them to show in the webstore because I can't get any more. My method for this has been to make them inactive. Recently, however, I had reason to try to re-activate a few of them. Using the Inventory Wizard and the 200 command brings up a list of all my departments; clicking a specific department brings up a list of ALL inactive items in...

Problem with recurring deposit
Hi, I set up my direct deposit paycheck as a recurring deposit. Because the every other week direct depost may vary by several hundred dollars, the amount is entered as an estimate. Money 04 never recognizes each subsequent downloaded deposit as being the recurring deposit, even though the name (ie "Hospital OPay") is the same, and the dates match exactly. Any ideas? Thanks... In microsoft.public.money, Lee Miller wrote: > >I set up my direct deposit paycheck as a recurring deposit. Because the >every other week direct depost may vary by several hundred dollars, th...

Using Mid Function with Pivot Table Calculated Item
Hi, I'm using excel 2007, I have a pivot table and I'm trying to create a calculated item, the formula for the Calculated item is: IF(MID('Project Title',7,1)="S", .20, .10) The Project Title field contains text and if the 7th character of the project title field is "S" I want the calculated item to return .20 otherwise ..10, but for some reason it is always returning .10. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks. Simon ...

macro to all workbooks #3
is there possible to apply the macro to all workbooks in excel> ...

QoS RSVP service (XP)
My understanding is that this service is no longer needed in XP (SP2). I have disabled this using "services.msc" under Run. However, sometimes it is turned back on (and I am not doing it manually). My question -- Does anyone have any ideas how QoS might get re-enabled -- any software, ISP server or whatever. So, why do I care? Sending an email with a large attachment is sometimes VERY, VERY slow. For example, I have a 1mb file (not all that big) I send as an attachment and it takes up to ten minutes. If I disable QoS, sending the same email is at least 10 times...

Set 1099 Box on Vendor Options With Web Services
We are creating vendors through Web Services for Dynamics GP 10.0. One of the items we need to fill is the field labeled "1099 Box" on the "Vendor Maintenance Options" window. We can set the tax type (via the "Tax1099Type" property of the vendor), but we cannot find the field that allows us to set the 1099 Box to "2 - Royalties" for instance. We need that field exposed through eConnect/Web Services, please. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this sugg...