ReAssign an account shares the account with the existing and new o

I have noticed that when an account is reassigned from one owner to another,
it establishes a share between each of these parties.

Is there a way of turning this option off.

Thanks

Kim Cannon
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Afraid not.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:39:03 -0800, "Kim Cannon"
<KimCannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

I have noticed that when an account is reassigned from one owner to another,
it establishes a share between each of these parties.

Is there a way of turning this option off.

Thanks

Kim Cannon

0
Matt

Accounts for customers
Hi, How I can specify the accounts for customers??? I've used taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd xml but there isn't any fields where I can put the Sales account, Cost of Sales account, etc, in the customers maintenance I can specify them, I have great plains 7.5, eConnect 7.5. Regards Unfortunately, there is no eConnect node that can be used to specify the distribution on the customer record. To roll out proper accounts, we first created Customer Class - then manually updated every account on each class - and then we assigned it customer to that class and it takes care of the distribution...

Sharing
How do I create an Excel file for only five users to use. No one else will have access to this Excel Document. Save the file with a password (File/Save As/Options/Password to Open) and give the password to the authorized users. In article <4a8001c4c66b$bd63a140$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "tthomas@lcor.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I create an Excel file for only five users to use. > No one else will have access to this Excel Document. ...

Activex control
I have an Activex control which exposes multiple interfaces for example, ISample1 – CSample1 (Coclass) ISample2 – CSample2 (Coclass) I need to add new methods/properties (a new version). Since ISample1 and ISample2 cannot be modified, I’ll have two new interfaces, ISample1Ext ISample2Ext These will be a replication of ISample1 and ISample2, but with new methods/properties added. The old interfaces will be marked deprecated and may be removed in future. The question is, 1. Do I have to copy all the implementation from CSample1 and CSample2 to CSample1Ext and CSample2Ext? 2. If thi...

reassigning ports for Outlook 2000
All of a sudden my Outlook 2000 client stopped working. I have internet connectivity but I am getting the 0x800ccc0e error. I tried through the command prompt to see if the POP3 port was configured and it came back unavailable. Do I need to reassign the ports back to the default 110 (POP) and 25 (SMTP)? If so how can I do this (hopefully without reloading Outlook)? I am somewhat computer literate. I have not done anything in the past couple of days that would have affected this. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. go into tools, accounts (or tools, services) and open the acct settin...

sharing sub directory contact lists
I have a problem where if a make a new contact list under the default conacts and share the list and give permissions for a user to access it, when the user tries to open the list using outlook, open another users data, I get a message saying the oject cannot be found. If I share the default contact list and try and access it it works fine. This is the same for inboxs as well does anyone know why this is and can I fix it? Jake In news:3D1F7F26-CD1A-4BAB-B9D1-501C9394E307@microsoft.com, Jake <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a problem where if a make a new cont...

Accounts
What is your recommened way to handle a user that is not longer with the companies user account in AD with exchange. 1. if you disable the account does that disable the exchange mailbox? we do not want this to happen we foward the users mail to their supervisors for a period of time. what is the recommended way to handle this situation? thanks I have similar situation and what i have done is First change the username and password. ( Don't change Exchange alias ) 1) You can choose to keep it that way and have the mails get collected in mail box and load this mailbox as additional ma...

"New" message button flickers
I have Outlook 2000 running on a system with Windows XP. The program works fine, but when the pointer hovers over the "New" button, or the "current view" bar, or the "Find a Contact" bar, they all flicker.? This does not happen in any other program, and the moment it does not seem to be bothering Outlook's functionality. I also do not recall it doing this before installing the latest critical updates. The only other observation I can offer is that the little tag ("new message", "current view", "find a contact")does not ap...

Project Accounting
In Project Accounting, when you are addiing Projects to Employee in the Project Access List , it would be nice to only see "Open" projects. -- ACG ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Imported statements go into wrong account
I have associated one of my real accounts with the wrong account in Money 2009 delux (current version). How do I remove this association so I can fix it. Anytime I import now, it no longer gives me the option to pick an account (since it already knows which one it belong to (i.e. the wrong one)) In microsoft.public.money, singha wrote: >I have associated one of my real accounts with the wrong account in Money >2009 delux (current version). How do I remove this association so I can fix >it. Anytime I import now, it no longer gives me the option to pick an >account (since...

Outlook and Public Folders with new server.
Hi All, I know that this is of my own causing, but I would appreciate some guidance. We used to have a 2000 server with Exchange 2000 SP3. This machine was also out domain controller. We have created a new 2003 server with Exchange 2003, added it to the active directory, moved the mailboxes to the new server and then dcpromo'd the old server back down to a normal machine (and is now powered down). All is fine except Outlook is still looking for the old server when clicking onto Public Folders. We dont use any Public Folders, but i think there may have been a couple in there as a resu...

Balancing an account #2
MS Money 2004 Premium I've downloaded 3 months worth of checking statements to Money and the account balance is way off. I've tried to fix it with the "balance" feature, but keep making things worse, not better. Is there a step by step guide that someone can give me? I have my bank statements and think the following is the problem: My earliest downloaded statement starts with a transaction on November 3rd. My account balance (from my bank) and the balance that Money shows, are two entirely different numbers. Is there an easy way to adjust the beginning numbers...

Multiply Exchange Accounts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can Office:Mac 2008 Can Entourage handle 2 different exchange accounts at the same time? These was possible with Entourage in Office 2004 Home and Student version. gemcconnell@officeformac.com wrote: > Can Office:Mac 2008 Can Entourage handle 2 different exchange > accounts at the same time? These was possible with Entourage in > Office 2004 Home and Student version. Entourage in both the standard version of Office 2008 and Office 2008 Special media Edition supports multiple Exchange accounts. Entourage in ...

copy from workbook to new workbook
Problem when I copy and paste to a new worksheet the column with th date changes from year 2004 to 2008. Any ideas why? :rolleyes -- Nesi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nesia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1534 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27040 Nesia Hello. I am not entirely sure why you are having that problem but here is an idea. The default date system in Excel for calculating serial numbers for dates (which is how Excel operates) starts on Jan 1st 1900. H...

Does a toolbar already exist?
I have some code in a workbook which creates a new custom toolbar when the workbook opens and deletes it when the workbook is closed. (Excel 97) The same process is present in earlier versions of the workbook from previous years. Sometimes I need to open one of those earlier versions while the current version is already open. This produces an error message dialog with runtime error '5'. Hitting "End" stops the process and gets rid of it, but I would like to insert some additional code at the start to check if the custom toolbar already exists, and stop ...

Investment Account balance over time
I am using Microsoft Money 2005. Under Report, there is an option "Net Worth over time". I am looking for a similar reporting option for investment account balance, i.e. I like to see the balance of any given investment over time. Any idea? In microsoft.public.money, namsilat wrote: >I am using Microsoft Money 2005. Under Report, there is an option "Net >Worth over time". I am looking for a similar reporting option for >investment account balance, i.e. I like to see the balance of any >given investment over time. Any idea? You can Customize the "Net Wor...

Link to existing document, or create new from template
Hello, I have very little Access and Coding experience. I'm trying to create a simple database to let me track documents my office creates about certain events. For each event, we create an Excel file from a template, and a Word document from a template, then we send it for review to certain other offices. For my form coding question: On the form, once I get to the field "Word Document" I'd like Access to determine if a Word document is already attached to this record's specific primary key number. If not, open up a new one from the template (let's say c:\Word...

Can't save existing .trc file to table Profiler 2008
Hello, I'm new to SQL Profiler. I've created a .trc file and saved it to disk. I can open the .trc file but I want to now save this existing file to a table. When I go under Save As all the options are grayed out. I have another .trc file and when I open that file and select Save As all the options are available. Don't see any differences between the files. If I create a new trace I can save it to a table. Don't understand why when I open that one trace all the Save As options are grayed out. Any help would be appreciated. Gi Hi Gi, You probably have a la...

does OL2003 support multiple HTTP (hotmail) accounts?
I read here this summer that OL 2003 would support multiple hotmail accounts simultaneously. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, W. Haven't tried it myself (don't need Hotmail spam in Outlook) but it is supposed to. Have you tried it yet? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer willem <myfiles3000@hotmail.com> asked: | I read here this summer that OL 2003 would support multipl...

Problems with adding hotmail account with Outlook Connector 14
Dear All I have Outlook 2007 and XP 64, and for security reasons the main account I use for day to day work is a power user account to prevent security breaches and so on. I use as my main email a hotmail account and to make the bridge between outlook and a web server account I have installed Outlook connector. However I'm facing difficulties after the update of the newer version revamped for Office 2010. After several unsuccessful installations of the newer version due to the non administrative privileges of my XP account (the new Outlook connector auto-updates), O...

Reassigning only reassigns OwningUser records not CreatedBy/Modifi
Hello all -- I've noticed that when a user is terminated and we reassign records to another licenced user, it only changes the Ownerid of the records not the CreatedBy or ModifiedBy. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but we have also found that when trying to merge two records where a record has one of these createdby/modifiedby activities associated with it, we get permission errors. Has anyone seen this before? ...

Unable to run disc in new mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I just purchased a brand new mac pro and wanted to install office 2008. However, the disc couldn't run and nothing appear on the screen, the disc just bounce back out automatically. I called the company where I purchased the software, they said there is nothing wrong with the disc because they get it directly from Microsoft. Is there any thing I need to install before I run the disc? On 9/25/09 2:31 PM, in article 59b7d4d8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Beanbec@officeformac.com" <Beanbec@officeformac.com> wrote: ...

Setting up account?
Hi there, I received an email way back when I first bought this computer. I never set it up at that time, but I'd like to now. Can you help me with this? I am particularly having difficulty with finding out what kind of "server" it is... Please let me know when you get the chance. Thanks! Summer Headley Your email account provider has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.li...

MS Offcie Accounting and RMS
Will the Microsoft RMS package integrate with new Microsoft Office Accounting 2006 package. It is in Beta now but this prospect wants a total Microsoft integrated solution. Pat I guess it would depend on how intricate they want the accounting solution to be I suppose. Have they considered Great Plains? "Pat@arms" wrote: > Will the Microsoft RMS package integrate with new Microsoft Office Accounting > 2006 package. It is in Beta now but this prospect wants a total Microsoft > integrated solution. > > Pat > At some point there will be a SKU from Microsoft...

Rule or script to change account?
Two email accounts: abc@def.com zyx@wvu.com If any header contains "spitfire" reply using the zyx@wvi.com address, no matter which address the original email was sent to. Yes, I already know I can do it manually. Can it be done automatically? Mark Kolber Denver, Colorado ======================= email? Remove ".no.spam" ...

Account number change / duplicate accounts
My bank changed my account number. I had to change the credentials used for online updates. When Money updates, it creates a set of duplicate accounts for that bank. Fine...I merge duplicate accounts and everything should be fine, right? The next time money updates, it creates ANOTHER set of duplicate accounts. If I merge these I lose all my old transactions. How do I correct this? In microsoft.public.money, Banjolicious wrote: >My bank changed my account number. I had to change the credentials >used for online updates. When Money updates, it creates a set of >duplicate accounts fo...