read-only objects (CRM 3)

I'm building an Order workflow that's triggered by a change to Canceled
status.  It  generate several tasks and emails, and I need it to update a
custom date field on the order with the current date.   The update entity
portion of the workflow fails because once the order is cancelled the field
is read-only.   Here's the question:   How to I make a specific field not
read-only once the order is cancelled?
--
Tracy Bourgoine, IT Analyst
0

On Nov 5, 5:59=A0am, TracyB <Tra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm building an Order workflow that's triggered by a change to Canceled
> status. =A0It =A0generate several tasks and emails, and I need it to upda=
te a
> custom date field on the order with the current date. =A0 The update enti=
ty
> portion of the workflow fails because once the order is cancelled the fie=
ld
> is read-only. =A0 Here's the question: =A0 How to I make a specific field=
 not
> read-only once the order is cancelled?
> --
> Tracy Bourgoine, IT Analyst

Tracy,

1) If they are canceling the order by changing the status, you might
try writing onChange Javascript on that StatusCode field to update the
field with the current date. Something like:

var currentTime =3D new Date()
if(crmForm.all.status_reason.DataValue =3D '3') // or whatever your
'canceled' status code is
{
    crmForm.all.new_customdatefieldname.DataValue =3D currentTime;
}

2) If that doesn't work, and you don't have any .Net CRM SDK
expertise, you might try this little hack of a workaround...
a) Create a new custom entity (CanceledOrders)
b) Add the custom date attribute to that entity to hold the canceled
date.
c) Create a 1:M link between Orders and CanceledOrders.
d) Write a workflow that runs on the change of the Order Status.  When
canceled, Create a new CanceledOrders record.

The result will be that you can see the canceled date on the order by
clicking on the left nav bar item for Canceled Orders.  (You could
also modify the Order form to show an iFrame to the Canceled Orders
associated view.  This would make it look more like an order property
than having users click on the left nav bar).

One advantage is that, given than an order can be reactivated, and
canceled again, you could see each of the status code change dates
through the records on this entity.

HTH,
Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Cell: 503-351-4207
davidlcarr_no@#$%spam@earthlink.net
http://www.vscrm.com
0
davidlcarr (94)

Investment Opportunity! #3
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Reading .wks file

File won't open as read only

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

CRM upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 with SQL instance fails
Hello, The Microsoft CRM 3.0 server does not upgrade my basic CRM 1.2 server. When it is checking the server requirements, I get a couple of errors like "MachineName value SQL1\CRM is invalid" and "The SQL Server 'SQL1\CRM' is unavailable". I am hosting the CRM databases on a seperate SQL 2000 instance. I can validate that the CRM 1.2 server has no problems accessing the database server because everything is working. Here is what the help says when I click on the error: Named Instance Microsoft SQL Server Found Cause Setup has found that you are trying to ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Anti-spam for Exchange that works with CRM 3.0
Hi, Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam software that works with queues in CRM 3.0? I would prefer an anti-spam software installed on our Exchange 2003 server. However, I need the anti-spam software to process the e-mails before the CRM-Exchange E-mail Router routes the messages to CRM. I am looking at GFi MailEssentials, but I am unsure if this software will work when installed on the Exchange Server. Any comments on how to avoid spam in queues would be helpful! Thank you. -- Regards, Michael Bergman SIMUTEK AB Hi michael I use Symantec Brightmail this check incomming mail before ...

reading confirmation

CRM Axapta integration
I have a litle bit odd situation on my hands. I am currently working on an integration between Axapta and CRM. I use Post-Callouts to hook into Insert, Update and Delete in CRM for the entities. The callouts take the data and put it on a message queue, than I have a service that monitors the queue. The service takes theese messages and sends the data to Axapta in XML form. Axapta receivce the data and Inserts,Updates or Deletes them based on what operation was performed in CRM. So know Axapta has the same information as CRM. This integration goes both ways, so when lets say e.g. an acc...

Returns Management #3
Hi: I have noticed that some companies use the Returns Management module, even if they do not use or have Project Accounting. This is in cases where customers who use Sales Order Processing very heavily want an easy and almost automated way of creating a return document without having to create such a document from scratch and enter each line item manually from the original invoice. If you are just using Returns Management to accomplish these basic SOP return needs, is there anything else that needs to be done with Returns Management? Is there any other setup required other than the...

two crm servers 01-16-06
Hi everyone, Can I use two CRM servers for access to only one database? Is there some troubles with different language on each crm server? Thanks a lot you cannot use two different language servers against one crm database. you could implement two different language databases i think but it sounds as if you want once crm system with each web server displaying a different language version of crm ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Fanda Koudel" <FandaKoudel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Having problem connecting to CRM server
Hi, I just installed Vista Beta 2 and Office 2007 RC2 with the Technical Refresh and the V3c and everytime I open Outlook I get the following error: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. ...." Can't figure this out becuase the server is up and running, I pointed the client to the correct server and port when installing the CRM client. The server is a Windows Server 2003 server that is a member of the same domain as the desktop. There is another problem thp is that at I have been experiencing t...

The memory could not be "read".

Deserialize xml to object.
I have a xml which is like this. now if i remove the iu part from the xml then i am able to deserialize but i don't want to do it, any idea how to do it ? XML: <iu:InventoryUpdateBatch xmlns:iu="http://www.abc.com/schema/InventoryUpdate" xmlns:th="http://www.abc.com/schema/TransactionHeader" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <InventoryUpdate> <TransactionHeader> </TransactionHeader> </InventoryUpdate> </iu:InventoryUpdateBatch> Code: public class InventoryUpdateBatch { [System.Xml.Serialization.Xml...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Factory-Reconditioned Ridgid 3-1/2" Round Head Framing Nailer ZRR350RHA
Price:$159.99 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B001LTZ8W4 Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B001LTZ8W4 This is a factory reconditioned power tool. Reconditioned generally means that the tool has been returned to the manufacturer, who brings the tool back to like new condition. Some tools may contain cosmetic blemishes. Includes 3-1/2" Round Head Framing Nailer - ZRR350RHA, Wrench, Eye Protection, Carrying Bag With Shoulder Strap, Oil ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'SY60100'
Using Great Plains 7.0. During Create Company process - trying to add one company, I received an error during the very last step of "Create Company Information". The error is: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKSY60100'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'SY60100'. make sure that the DYNAMICS database is owned by DYNSA make sure that the TWO database, if present is owned by DYNSA. THis you will have to check by using SQL enterprise manager or Query Analyzer. ------ Robert "mrosa" <mrosa@ProfitL...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Failed to hide column with message "cannot shift object off sheet"
Hi, I've a Excel 2000 worksheet that has 173 columns (A to FQ) with comments in a number of cells. I can't hide columns (say E:BW) with error message "cannot shift object off sheet". I searched into Microsoft Knowledgebase and found article 211769. I followed the resolution but stopped at step "3." where I can't find "Comment" of Format menu. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem? Thanks, Frankie What is in columns FR through IV? If nothing, columns FR:IV and Right-click on a selected columns header - select "Delete. -- HTH...

CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2
Hi! We are using mscrm 1.2 successfully for a while now (no mail router, no outlook client). Now we tried to integrate it into our exchange environment using the outlook client. Online is working fine but the offline functionality isn't working. Obviously the local msde- database is not getting any data. The error message is: "Metadata-Cache error, No entity!" The log says: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E00. Error Message: Exception...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Server: Msg 207, Level 16, State 3, Procedure PROC_CLN_DATA, Line
Need help. Received the above error when I execute the following Thanks. SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF GO --drop proc PROC_CLN_DATA ALTER PROCEDURE PROC_CLN_DATA AS BEGIN set nocount on DECLARE @SYS_DATE DATETIME, @sys_dt char(10),@l_count int,@sys_dt1 datetime ...