Re: Lead Views - Make the Company's "Name" column resizable??!

Oh, pretty-pretty please, can you make the Company's "Name" column resizable???
I'm looking at this unnecessarily enormous column for the Company's Name, and
there's very, very little room to view the data in the other columns. Thanks!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9934dcc2-0fd5-45d2-9d47-82d1894099eb&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The name column will just fills up the space that is left over from the other
columns. When you add additional columns the name column will get smaller.
You can specify the size of the additional columns. If to much space is
needed for all the columns a scrollbar will automatically appear.

There is no other way to define the size of the name column. Of course you
could try and edit the XSL that is stored in the SavedQueryBase, but I
wouldn't recommend that.

Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"solgar" wrote:

> Oh, pretty-pretty please, can you make the Company's "Name" column resizable???
> I'm looking at this unnecessarily enormous column for the Company's Name, and
> there's very, very little room to view the data in the other columns. Thanks!
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9934dcc2-0fd5-45d2-9d47-82d1894099eb&dg=microsoft.public.crm
I've been adding columns and the "Name" column doesn't get smaller.  There's
no way to edit the size of that column, is my point. You should be able to
resize it and make it as small or as wide as you want.  You should also be
able to edit the Company's name, which you can't do with that column.  You
can only go into the actual lead and edit the name, but it doesn't show in
the main view once you've edited it.

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> The name column will just fills up the space that is left over from the other
> columns. When you add additional columns the name column will get smaller.
> You can specify the size of the additional columns. If to much space is
> needed for all the columns a scrollbar will automatically appear.
>
> There is no other way to define the size of the name column. Of course you
> could try and edit the XSL that is stored in the SavedQueryBase, but I
> wouldn't recommend that.
>
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "solgar" wrote:
>
> > Oh, pretty-pretty please, can you make the Company's "Name" column resizable???
> > I'm looking at this unnecessarily enormous column for the Company's Name, and
> > there's very, very little room to view the data in the other columns. Thanks!
> >

> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9934dcc2-0fd5-45d2-9d47-82d1894099eb&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Actually the name column does scale, but when the other columns get to large
and a scroll bar appears. Then the name column will get it's normal size.

I don't get the 2nd part of your post. Are you saying when you edit the name
of a lead it does not change in the grid that you used to open it? Because
that should happen, the grid is refreshed after an update. Or am I misreading
your remark?

Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"solgar" wrote:

> I've been adding columns and the "Name" column doesn't get smaller.  There's
> no way to edit the size of that column, is my point. You should be able to
> resize it and make it as small or as wide as you want.  You should also be
> able to edit the Company's name, which you can't do with that column.  You
> can only go into the actual lead and edit the name, but it doesn't show in
> the main view once you've edited it.
>

> "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
>
> > The name column will just fills up the space that is left over from the other
> > columns. When you add additional columns the name column will get smaller.
> > You can specify the size of the additional columns. If to much space is
> > needed for all the columns a scrollbar will automatically appear.
> >
> > There is no other way to define the size of the name column. Of course you
> > could try and edit the XSL that is stored in the SavedQueryBase, but I
> > wouldn't recommend that.
> >
> > Rob Bakkers,
> > Avanade Netherlands
> >

> > "solgar" wrote:
> >
> > > Oh, pretty-pretty please, can you make the Company's "Name" column resizable???
> > > I'm looking at this unnecessarily enormous column for the Company's Name, and
> > > there's very, very little room to view the data in the other columns. Thanks!
> > >

> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9934dcc2-0fd5-45d2-9d47-82d1894099eb&dg=microsoft.public.crm
You can't make the "Name" column smaller is my exact point. It's really
not good. I don't need to add more columns, I want to make the name column
smaller in width and have it stay that width even after refreshing.
Can you change this feature?

In order to edit a Company's name, you literally have to double-click and open
the lead, then edit the name and click the "save & close" icon.  When you
are back out at the general view of all of your leads, the name is not
showing as being edited at all, as if it didn't save your change that you
made.

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> Actually the name column does scale, but when the other columns get to large
> and a scroll bar appears. Then the name column will get it's normal size.
>
> I don't get the 2nd part of your post. Are you saying when you edit the name
> of a lead it does not change in the grid that you used to open it? Because
> that should happen, the grid is refreshed after an update. Or am I misreading
> your remark?
>
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "solgar" wrote:
>
> > I've been adding columns and the "Name" column doesn't get smaller.  There's
> > no way to edit the size of that column, is my point. You should be able to
> > resize it and make it as small or as wide as you want.  You should also be
> > able to edit the Company's name, which you can't do with that column.  You
> > can only go into the actual lead and edit the name, but it doesn't show in
> > the main view once you've edited it.
> >

> > "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
> >
> > > The name column will just fills up the space that is left over from the other
> > > columns. When you add additional columns the name column will get smaller.
> > > You can specify the size of the additional columns. If to much space is
> > > needed for all the columns a scrollbar will automatically appear.
> > >
> > > There is no other way to define the size of the name column. Of course you
> > > could try and edit the XSL that is stored in the SavedQueryBase, but I
> > > wouldn't recommend that.
> > >
> > > Rob Bakkers,
> > > Avanade Netherlands

That 2nd part about the updating seems really strange. When I open the lead
to edit the name and save it the grid will actually update itself showing the
new name for the lead. Are you seeing an exclamation mark in the lower left
part of internet explorer? Otherwise it could be that something goed wrong
with the parent.refresh statement in the javescript (active scripting not
enabled).

Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"solgar" wrote:

> You can't make the "Name" column smaller is my exact point. It's really
> not good. I don't need to add more columns, I want to make the name column
> smaller in width and have it stay that width even after refreshing.
> Can you change this feature?
>
> In order to edit a Company's name, you literally have to double-click and open
> the lead, then edit the name and click the "save & close" icon.  When you
> are back out at the general view of all of your leads, the name is not
> showing as being edited at all, as if it didn't save your change that you
> made.
>

> "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
>
> > Actually the name column does scale, but when the other columns get to large
> > and a scroll bar appears. Then the name column will get it's normal size.
> >
> > I don't get the 2nd part of your post. Are you saying when you edit the name
> > of a lead it does not change in the grid that you used to open it? Because
> > that should happen, the grid is refreshed after an update. Or am I misreading
> > your remark?
> >
> > Rob Bakkers,
> > Avanade Netherlands
> >

> > "solgar" wrote:
> >
> > > I've been adding columns and the "Name" column doesn't get smaller.  There's
> > > no way to edit the size of that column, is my point. You should be able to
> > > resize it and make it as small or as wide as you want.  You should also be
> > > able to edit the Company's name, which you can't do with that column.  You
> > > can only go into the actual lead and edit the name, but it doesn't show in
> > > the main view once you've edited it.

No exclamation mark shows in the bottom corner of the screen when I save and
close. The edited company name, as I said will not show in the main leads
view. What now?

Can you answer the first part of my last post?

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> That 2nd part about the updating seems really strange. When I open the lead
> to edit the name and save it the grid will actually update itself showing the
> new name for the lead. Are you seeing an exclamation mark in the lower left
> part of internet explorer? Otherwise it could be that something goed wrong
> with the parent.refresh statement in the javescript (active scripting not
> enabled).
>
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "solgar" wrote:
>
> > You can't make the "Name" column smaller is my exact point. It's really
> > not good. I don't need to add more columns, I want to make the name column
> > smaller in width and have it stay that width even after refreshing.
> > Can you change this feature?
> >
> > In order to edit a Company's name, you literally have to double-click and open
> > the lead, then edit the name and click the "save & close" icon.  When you
> > are back out at the general view of all of your leads, the name is not
> > showing as being edited at all, as if it didn't save your change that you
> > made.
> >

> > "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
> >
> > > Actually the name column does scale, but when the other columns get to large
> > > and a scroll bar appears. Then the name column will get it's normal size.
> > >
> > > I don't get the 2nd part of your post. Are you saying when you edit the name
> > > of a lead it does not change in the grid that you used to open it? Because
> > > that should happen, the grid is refreshed after an update. Or am I misreading
> > > your remark?
> > >
> > > Rob Bakkers,
> > > Avanade Netherlands

Minor point, but most of us do NOT work for Microsoft...

I'm a little confused by this thread.  Are you talking about the column width in
a view?  If so, then what Rob is explaining is the way the ap is designed.  A
view has mutliple columns in it.  All but the "main" column can havea  width
assigned to them for the view.  The "main" column then auto-grows to fill up the
remaining space.  This way, the grid always takes up the entire screen.

As fro the editing, if we are truly talking about Leads, then the "main" column
is the title, not the company name.  So changing company name shouldn't have any
impact on the title.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> That 2nd part about the updating seems really strange. When I open the lead
> to edit the name and save it the grid will actually update itself showing the
> new name for the lead. Are you seeing an exclamation mark in the lower left
> part of internet explorer? Otherwise it could be that something goed wrong
> with the parent.refresh statement in the javescript (active scripting not
> enabled).
>
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "solgar" wrote:
>
> > You can't make the "Name" column smaller is my exact point. It's really
> > not good. I don't need to add more columns, I want to make the name column
> > smaller in width and have it stay that width even after refreshing.
> > Can you change this feature?
> >
> > In order to edit a Company's name, you literally have to double-click and open
> > the lead, then edit the name and click the "save & close" icon.  When you
> > are back out at the general view of all of your leads, the name is not
> > showing as being edited at all, as if it didn't save your change that you
> > made.
> >

> > "Rob Bakkers" wrote:
> >
> > > Actually the name column does scale, but when the other columns get to large
> > > and a scroll bar appears. Then the name column will get it's normal size.
> > >
> > > I don't get the 2nd part of your post. Are you saying when you edit the name
> > > of a lead it does not change in the grid that you used to open it? Because
> > > that should happen, the grid is refreshed after an update. Or am I misreading
> > > your remark?
> > >
> > > Rob Bakkers,
> > > Avanade Netherlands

0
Matt

Mutual Fund Names and Stock Names displayed on multiple lines
In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines. And, if I move the cursor over different lines, the names sometime change. The mkt values appear correct, but the fund names are all messed up. Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other problems? -- Greg Have the same problem with money 2005 canadian version the Symbol,Name,Last Price and %Change change to the line the cursor was on before all else stay the same. Rudolf "Greg" wrote: > In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manage...

Transfer Spreadsheet method Not replacing Sheet Name
I have this line of code which Transfers one record of a query and make a Worksheet named A_EXPORT. This worked fine until I started havin some linked references in the workbook to this newly created shee A_EXPORT Now instead of replacing the sheet every time I transfer data fro Access to Excel it is adding a sheet named A_EXPORT1 etc How can I get this to replace the sheet or can I copy the recordset t row 2 of A_EXPORT instead? EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!!! DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "A_EXPORT", str, True, "" FollowHyperlink st -- Message posted from http://ww...

Prodcuts Suppliers Name
Was surprised to find that the supplies name field in products wasn't a lookup to accounts. Seemed natural that if you ahd a supplier they would have an account in the CRM? So decided to add a new filed Supplier_N and make it a lookup from accounts but can't seem to see how. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks ...

Setting up Exchange 2003 with my domain name
Hello. I have a server running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003 running also. I have a domain name that I would like to use with Exchange, but I don't know how to get Exchange to work with my domain and handle my e-mail. Could anyone please help? Thanks! Aaron Email addresses: These are generated by Recipient Policy. Let's call your domain name a "registered domain name" - it does need to be registered with a domain registrar for internet senders to be able to send you mail. 1. Is your AD using the registered domain? If yes, the default Recipi...

Convert names into initial caps
Hi there, I have a column of names like SANDRA, JIM that I would like to convert to Sandra, Jim etc but I don't know how to do it and there are 3500 of them. Is there anyway to do this without retyping them? Any help would be great. Thanks Connie Insert a column next to your data. In that column, enter the formula =PROPER(A1) and copy down as far as you need to go. Then, select those cells, copy them, select the first original cell, go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special, and choose the Values option. You could also use a VBA macro. Sub AAA() Dim Rng As Range For Each Rng...

Sorting a list of names from A to Z on Excel
Version: 2008 I'm trying to create a large list of names and addresses on excel and after done sort them from A to Z. I'm putting the last name first with the address indented below it then tried to sort from A to Z and nothing stayed together. can someone help me with this matter? Dennis No offense, but that is *not* the way to construct such a list :-) Follow the instructions here to construct your 'database' of records which you can then Sort & Filter as necessary whenever you want. However, if you intend to *print* the information (what you describe sounds...

How do i insert my excel user name into a cell?
Using a VBA UDF Function UserName() UserName = Computer("UserName") End Function Simply use like =UserName() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Grant Robertson" <Grant Robertson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CBAC412-F0BF-422C-9403-E95BB6063F8A@microsoft.com... > ...

Create Named Range for each unique value
Hi! All help is welcome here... Am really stuck. What I have is a list of room numbers. Many appear multiple times i column A, but it will always be sorted. What I need is a way to easily create Named Ranges for each group of rooms. (ie all rows with value 1 becomes one named range, rows with value 5 becomes one named range and so on) Range Name should prefereable be same a room name. Would like the code to go through column A and create ranges for each unique value. (could also have a "supporting" sheet with uniqe values if necessary) Any takers? If the valu...

Documenting Smartlist Reports beyond report name
Is there a way to document within GP further information about smartlists. I would like to be able to write a 2 or 3 sentence explanation of the uses of the report, etc. that would be readily available such as in a report properties but I don't see any such capability. ...

BCP Export file name
Hi. I am using BCP to export data of a table through a view as bcp db..view out D:\Export.txt -w -T -t"," -r","\n What I want is that file in which data is exported (Export.txt) is named dynamically or its name should be from value of column in a table. Let if I have a column in table with value “TEST”. The file should be named as TEST.txt instead of Export.txt Regards, Muhammad Bilal You'll likely have to do this within a script like a VB script or powershell script. Build the command line in a string and set the file name as a variable. ...

Input Form Field Names in VBA
I plan to write some VBA code for a command button on an Input Form. Can anyone help with answers to the following questions: 1) In VBA, how do you reference the values (field names) of the fields in the previous Input Form that was displayed? 2) In VBA, how do you reference the values (field names) of the fields in the Input Form that is currently displayed? 3) Are the field values from the previously displayed Input Form stored in a named buffer? If so, what is the VBA buffer name? 4) Are the field values of the current Input Form stored in a named buffer? If so, what is the VBA buffer...

MY NAME
HELENA SMITH In news:O5leCen9HHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, HELENA SMITH <254 FLINT ST> wrote: > HELENA SMITH Helena, this is not a chat room. It's a technical forum for discussion of Microsoft Access, the database program. -- Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP www.datagnostics.com (please reply to the newsgroup) ...

How can I add a column of names for example
I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their names = 2 This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5 =COUNTA(A2:A5) Does that help? -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "christina" <christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28F5908A-C131-413B-87D8-7040A71C9275@microsoft.com... >I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their >names > = 2 "Ron Coderre" wrote: > This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5 >...

Easy way to create a bunch of worksheets and name them
Let's say I have a workbook and want to create 60 or so worksheets. But I don't want to go in a name them after I create them. What if I had a list of names...like in a column. Then I wanted to run a macro that would create a worksheet for each name in the list and name it. What would the code look like? Frank it might look something like this: Sub InsertSheets() Dim Cell As Range Dim NewSheet As Worksheet For Each Cell In Range("A1:A" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row) Set NewSheet = _ Sheets.Add(After:=Sheets(Worksheets.Count)) NewSheet.Name =...

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Search within folder name using VBA
Hello, I have a folder structure in Windows Explorer, every folder has its own customer number. The user should be able to type a substring of a customers number in an Access form and I want search within the folder names and return the folder paths. How can I search within the folder names?? i found many articles about searching files but none of folder names. I'm very happy about every suggestion. Thank you, Walter ...

The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed
I'm having a problem getting my Outlook 2003 clients to see our Exchange 2003 standard server. When I create the profile I get the following error when I "Check Name": "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed." MachineA (Windows 2003 Server) is the exchange server and also hosts external DNS and runs VMWare. VMWare runs MachineB (Windows 2003 Server) which is the DC & GC and hosts DHCP & DNS. MachineA points to MachineB for DNS and all desktop machines (Windows XP Professional) point to MachineB for DNS. We are moving from a linu...

Changing a file name
Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically change it's filename to TestFile2.exe (and delete the original). Is this possible using MFC? Or do i have to use dos commands? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179372807.798486.245460@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically change > it's filename to TestFile2.exe (and delete the original). Is this > possible using MFC? Or do i have to use dos commands? > Use the rename() function in the C-RTL. -- David This i...

Match name, value & identify errors
Thanks in advance, Data: ------data 1------ --------data 2------ col A col B col C col D yum 180 yum 180 yum 200 yum 630 yum 430 yum 832 yum 330 Objective: Match data 1 to data 2 and identify errors Roll 1 - no problems, both names and value matches Roll 2 & 3 matches of Data 1 matches to roll 2 of data 2 (or vice versa and it could hv 3 values in matches to ...

Getting name of worksheet
=RIGHT(CELL("filename",$A$5),1+LEN(CELL("filename",$A$5))-FIND("[",CELL("fil ename",$A$5))) returns "#VALUE!" when the worksheet name is identical to the workbook name. Any way around that, so that it returns the worksheet name both when it is identical and not identical to workbook name? -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Hi Jack! Try: =RIGHT(CELL("filename",A2),LEN(CELL("filename",A2))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A2),1)) Returns the sheet name as long as the file has been saved ...

Append Worksheet name to each begining of each row with values
Excel 2007 Hello, I need to create a macro that will go through each worksheet and append the worksheet name to the begining of each row if there is a value. Here is what I have so far. This runs but takes my last worksheet name and appends that name to the rows in my first worksheet instead of appending my first worksheet name. Sub Append() Dim LastRow As Long Dim cl As Range Dim ws As Worksheet For I = 1 To Worksheets.Count With Worksheets(1) Set ws = Worksheets(I) .Cells(I, 1).Value = ws.Name End With...

Something wrong with my dynamic name range
Hi everyone, There is something wrong with my dynamic name range and I cannot figure out what it is. Here is the workbook: http://www.dciu.org/CSPD/generictemplate.xls On the graph, I want the Spec Skills line to use the defined range: Skills. When I put that in the series formula, it will tell me: A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name, and cell reference. When I go to Define, Name and look at my formulas, I cannot see what is making this not work. BTW, this worksheet may look simple, but I...

Current date field name
Hi! We would like to create a field so our Project Managers can easily see what was supposed to start prior to today. I can't figure out what the "name" for today's date would be. Is this close to being right? IIf([% Complete]=100,"Complete",IIf([start]<today,"Late", "Not Late")) Thanks for your help! Stacey Hi Stacey, the name of today's date is 'now()'. Hope that helps! Regards Barbara Am 10.03.2010 17:46, schrieb Stacey: > Hi! > > We would like to create a field so our Project Managers...

How do I get the name box to show up?
The name box and discription box dissapeared? Name box showed which cell you were in (ex. A1 ) and the other showed what you had put in that cell. These no longer show up when I start excel. How do I fix? Tools-Options, View tab. Make sure formula bar is checked. **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "chocolate10" <chocolate10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:300EAC4E-5CDB-4EAD-BF68-08EB58902BA7@microsoft.com... > The name box and discription box dissapear...