Re-install CRM desktop client

I tried to re-install the desktop client 3.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook.
The new one wil support Vista and Office 2007.
The installation procedure asked me to uninstall the existing client first
so I did.
Now during installation the setup comes up with an error that it can't
uninstall an older version of the desktopclient.
What can I do
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

Is it the desktop client or the laptop client you are using? Try logging on
as another user and try uninstall. Else take a look at the Microsoft CRM
Implementation Guide, one of the last chapters. Here are some hints
uninstalling Microsoft CRM clients. If you don't succeed you have to remove
some registry entries, and some from the file system. But maybe then you need
help from a system administrator...

Hope this helps,

Merijn van Mourik
http://crmerijn.blogspot.com

"HdR" wrote:

> I tried to re-install the desktop client 3.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook.
> The new one wil support Vista and Office 2007.
> The installation procedure asked me to uninstall the existing client first
> so I did.
> Now during installation the setup comes up with an error that it can't
> uninstall an older version of the desktopclient.
> What can I do
You can also try renaming the profile that you are logged on as, then log out
and log back in and try the install again. Logging back in will re-create
your profile and you may then be able to install the Outlook client for the
new profile. (Then you can copy your favorites, desktop shortcuts, etc from
your old profile folder to your new one.)
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Merijn van Mourik" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it the desktop client or the laptop client you are using? Try logging on
> as another user and try uninstall. Else take a look at the Microsoft CRM
> Implementation Guide, one of the last chapters. Here are some hints
> uninstalling Microsoft CRM clients. If you don't succeed you have to remove
> some registry entries, and some from the file system. But maybe then you need
> help from a system administrator...
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Merijn van Mourik
> http://crmerijn.blogspot.com
>
> "HdR" wrote:
>
> > I tried to re-install the desktop client 3.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook.
> > The new one wil support Vista and Office 2007.
> > The installation procedure asked me to uninstall the existing client first
> > so I did.
> > Now during installation the setup comes up with an error that it can't
> > uninstall an older version of the desktopclient.
> > What can I do
Renaming the profile did help, after I created a new profile I had no
problems installing the new client (desktop client). But still I don't think
that should be the way to solve my problem, my profile is more than favorites
and desktop shortcuts.
I have followed the procedure to remove the client as described in the
Implementation guide but that didn't help either.
While installing the new client first I get a message that there is an
procudure in progress for restarting the PC but I can ignore that and click
next
Then the MSI Installer tries to remove the application and than a message is
displayed that it can't remove the old version of the desktop client.
Which registry entries should I remove

"MattNC" wrote:

> You can also try renaming the profile that you are logged on as, then log out
> and log back in and try the install again. Logging back in will re-create
> your profile and you may then be able to install the Outlook client for the
> new profile. (Then you can copy your favorites, desktop shortcuts, etc from
> your old profile folder to your new one.)
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Merijn van Mourik" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it the desktop client or the laptop client you are using? Try logging on
> > as another user and try uninstall. Else take a look at the Microsoft CRM
> > Implementation Guide, one of the last chapters. Here are some hints
> > uninstalling Microsoft CRM clients. If you don't succeed you have to remove
> > some registry entries, and some from the file system. But maybe then you need
> > help from a system administrator...
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Merijn van Mourik
> > http://crmerijn.blogspot.com
> >
> > "HdR" wrote:
> >
> > > I tried to re-install the desktop client 3.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook.
> > > The new one wil support Vista and Office 2007.
> > > The installation procedure asked me to uninstall the existing client first
> > > so I did.
> > > Now during installation the setup comes up with an error that it can't
> > > uninstall an older version of the desktopclient.
> > > What can I do
This registry remval will only remove it from the "Installed apps" listing,
which can often cause the install to fail:
My Computer \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \
CurrentVersion \ Installer \ UserData \

There will be several subfolders inside "UserData", some will have the
subfolders "Products" and "Components". Look inside the "Products" subfolder
for the folder "InstallProperties" inside this folder will be a lot of
entries, including "DisplayName" and "DisplayVersion". These will tell you if
you're in the CRM Subfolder. If you’re in the CRM folder, then simply delete
the entire folder. This will now remove CRM from the “Installed Apps”
listing, allowing CRM to be installed.
Next, make sure you've removed the "MSCRM.pst" from the user's application
data folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\User login name\Application Data\mscrm.pst
Lastly, make sure you've deleted the "CRM" folder in Program Files (or
wherever you installed it to) and this *should* allow the CRM Installation.
Hi Gareth,

Your reply did help.
Only the key is in
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products.
I searched there for a Displayname CRM and found it, after I removed the
entire key the install worked fine.
Thanks for hint.

"Gareth" wrote:

> This registry remval will only remove it from the "Installed apps" listing,
> which can often cause the install to fail:
> My Computer \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \
> CurrentVersion \ Installer \ UserData \
>
> There will be several subfolders inside "UserData", some will have the
> subfolders "Products" and "Components". Look inside the "Products" subfolder
> for the folder "InstallProperties" inside this folder will be a lot of
> entries, including "DisplayName" and "DisplayVersion". These will tell you if
> you're in the CRM Subfolder. If you’re in the CRM folder, then simply delete
> the entire folder. This will now remove CRM from the “Installed Apps”
> listing, allowing CRM to be installed.
> Next, make sure you've removed the "MSCRM.pst" from the user's application
> data folder:
> C:\Documents and Settings\User login name\Application Data\mscrm.pst
> Lastly, make sure you've deleted the "CRM" folder in Program Files (or
> wherever you installed it to) and this *should* allow the CRM Installation.

CRM 4.0
I've a few issues with CRM 4.0 and I was wondering if you could help me. I created a sample data so you can better understand my needs. "Account Name", "Contact Full Name, Role, Primary Contact, Email "Company 1", "John Smith ", "President", "No", "js@company1.com "Company 1", "Michael Smith", "Director ", "Yes", "mic@company1.com "Company 2", "Wayne Smith", "President", "Yes", "way@company2.com "Company 2", "John Smith &...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Problems with Office apps after archive and install
I had to do an archive and install (without preserving users and network settings) on my G4 (OS 10.2.8), and ever since, I've been unable to get several Office apps to work correctly. In Word, I get an error about not being able to open the Visual Basic Editor, and the custom dictionary being unavailable. In Entourage, I "do not have write access to the application folder." In Excel, there's an error accessing the system registry. I've tried moving things from my previous system folder back into the current system folder, but it only seems to have made things worse. A...

IE Settings for MS CRM.
I am not able to access CRM through IE. I changed my computer. I was earlier set with a short cut to the CRM application. I am trying to access the same using IE. I enter my credentials. I get the screen of 'Attempting to open Microsoft CRM. If the application does not load within a few seconds, click HERE. If you are asked if you want to close the currently open window, click yes.' and automatically IE is closed before any thing comes up. 1. I have unchecked my pop-up blocker. 2. I have added the site as a trusted site. Are there any other IE settings that need to me made? ...

Re-install Outlook 2002

CRM services suddenly not working
I am new to Microsoft CRM but have been given the responsibility of administering it. This installation has been working since the old Administrator left a few months ago. All of a sudden when any one of my users tries to do anything in CRM, they get the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." This error pops up anytime accessing anything CRM related on the client side. (Accounts, Activities, CRM task, etc.). We use the Outlook connector for CRM. Looking through the event log on the server, this error is listed: MSCRM Platform ...

Problem with MS CRM Token in sending email from comaigne.
Hello, I have a problem with executing campaigns in MS CRM. I added a marketing list to campaigns activities and sending mail merge email to all my clients. Emails which were sending from mail merge (use word) do not have a MS CRM token in their subject. So answers are not automatically linked to campaign activity. In my MS CRM system settings dialog box I set option email tracking for enabled and I don’t have problem with sending email form MS CRM. Any suggestions? Thx for your help. ...

management reporter installation
Has anyone installed management report yet? Do both application service and process service have to be installed or are they optional? Thanks, Janey -- Janey ...

XP Pro SP3
Hello! In a bit of a bind; hoping someone can help me! I have a laptop here that was not logging in correctly - it would log in and immediately log out. Drive showed minor failure, so I did a surface scan and remapped the failing sector. Ran SFC which replaced one file - still wasn't working. So I tried a repair install. Normally, this fixes just about any darn thing. Not this time. On the initial boot afterwards (the black screen with logo), it just hangs. Power down and reboot, it allows log in, then says "windows must be activated before you can log in"...

Re-Enable CRM User

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

SBS CRM install then move Exchange.
Hi All, Quick question hopefully. Just wondering if anyone can clarify what I believe is possible but not 100% sure. CRM SBS edition installed on a SBS box, can a new Exchange box is implemented into the same domain and keep e-mail functionality of CRM?? If it is possible and Exchange is moved off the SBS box and onto a new server, what needs to be done to ensure it works correctly? Change registy settings to point to new mail server? have looked and can't seem to locate them... I have done the following: -Run Rule Wizard and remove rules from mailboxes (sbs box) -Un-installed th...

Re: exmerge error

Upgrading from BCM to CRM
In the Microsoft Business Contact Manager, it says that you can easily migrate your data into CRM. Problem is that I can find out how do you do this? Can you migrate the entire database with links and attached mail or does it only allow you to migrate the contact list? Is there documentation for upgrading like the data migration documentation that comes with CRM 1.2? Any and all help is appreciated. I would head over to the BCM newsgroup to find out more. I know the BCM team have a priority to be able to migrate from BCM to CRM but do not know how that is achieved yet. If you find out...

Act -> CRM 1.2
Hi all. I know just about nothing on the subject of importing act data into CRM 1.2 Could any one help me out with a quick overview of the process? I know about using export pro to get the data into access. I think from there you simply use the data import tool that MS provides from crm. MAIN QUESTION: Can I import act data once CRM is up and running? I really do hope so. I'd hate to find out that we needed to create the database 1st and then select "connect to existing database" during the install process. Thanks in advance!!!! Hank wrote: > Hi all. > I know just...

Send Emails from CRM
Hi , I am not able to send an email from either the web client or the Outlook client. But im able to receive all the mails as expected. I have installed the router, created the requierd rules and checked for incoming emails. All the required emails are gettting created as Email activities in MSCRM. and Im able to view all the mails in both CRM as well as my normal Outlook. The only issue is with the sending of mails. I have ensured that i have used the appropriate Email Ids that are vallid. When i send an email from the web client, i dont get to see any errors as such. Neither are thes...

Using web services in client-side JS
Hi all! I have a lookup to contact and want to place contact's last name and parent account name in two custom fields on the form, when I select a contact from lookup. I found two articles related to this topic. The first one is "Using CRM web services in client-side JS" by Michael H=F6hne (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=3DJSWebService) and another named "Customizing CRM made easy" at MS CRM Team Blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/01/18/customizing-crm-made-easy.asp= x). This articles are really useful and clear to understand, so everything see...

Exchange 2003 stops after installing SP1
Two weeks agoe I installed SP1 om Exchange 2003 (running om Win2003 Server) Since the installation it has frozen 4 times. There are no events, no pre warnings, it just stops sending and recieving mails, no reaction on mouse and keyboard. Screen is frozen or just blue. Any idea would be welcome. Regards Carsten Any time the whole box hangs solid, you usually have a bigger problem than Exchange. Having applied SP1 may just be a coincidence. Make sure you are running the latest device driver updates, firmware updates, etc. for all of your hardware. Run full hardware diagnostics on the serve...

OL 2003 install over OL2002
I'm currently running OfficeXP(2002). I don't see any compelling reasons to upgrade to Office2003, except for the Outlook piece. Can I upgrade Outlook 2003 without screwing up the other OfficeXP components? Thanks! Yes, but you won't have the option to use Word as your e-mail editor anymore. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bruce" <x@chartermi.net> wrote in message news:10c3bsrjgedpja1@corp.supernews.com... > I'm currently...

CRM Notification
Hi, I have installed the new accelerator;notification on my VPC. I must it is a good tool, but I have some questions and hope someone can answer them. First of all, it is not possbile to subscribe on the "activities", why?Secondly, how can a person who has been assigned a new case from his/her supervisor be alerted through this tool?Is it possible?Thirdly, is a user in CRM wants to subscribe on an event/website which is relevant for the rule, can the person see that website from RSS in CRM? I hope someone can reply the questions, thanks. With best regards, Nasir Ahmed For a...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Error 1304
I purchased Outlook 2003 and installed it on my WIN XP machine. When I install the add-on personal folders backup tool (definately 2003 version) I get an error 1304 - cannot write to G:/PROG../MICROSO../OFFICE11/backaapl.exe I assume it's OK to have Outlook and Office installed on the G drive instead of the C drive. I tried changing the read permissions to write permission for OFFICE11 - no go. I installed the video update with no problems. Any ideas anyone? Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633) System Manu...