Re-Enable CRM User

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to enable a disabled CRM user and I received the following error
message. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[COMException (0x80040204)]
   Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.Enable(CUserAuth& Caller,
String UserId) +0
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.SystemUser.Activate(String id) +38

Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.changeState(Object
sender, DataEventArgs e) +127
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.DataEventProcessor.Raise(FormEventId
eventId, FormState state, User user, String objectId, Entity entity) +176
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId
eventId) +89
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity,
String formId, String formType) +83
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.ConfigureForm()
+216
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30

r/ Anthony
0
awakin (8)
3/14/2008 6:55:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Awakin - This is probably related to the fact that you have a bad existing
relationship on this user. Check and/or clear the manager field and/or other
values that might relate to this user.

"awakin" wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am trying to enable a disabled CRM user and I received the following error
> message. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> [COMException (0x80040204)]
>    Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.Enable(CUserAuth& Caller,
> String UserId) +0
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.SystemUser.Activate(String id) +38
>
> Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.changeState(Object
> sender, DataEventArgs e) +127
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.DataEventProcessor.Raise(FormEventId
> eventId, FormState state, User user, String objectId, Entity entity) +176
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId
> eventId) +89
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity,
> String formId, String formType) +83
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
>    Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.ConfigureForm()
> +216
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
>    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
>    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499
>

> r/ Anthony
0
marc4675 (10)
3/16/2008 11:44:01 PM
No luck with your recommended change. I recieve an error message "The
Authentication passesd to the platform is not valid".

"Fortis" wrote:

> Awakin - This is probably related to the fact that you have a bad existing
> relationship on this user. Check and/or clear the manager field and/or other
> values that might relate to this user.
>
> "awakin" wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I am trying to enable a disabled CRM user and I received the following error
> > message. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > [COMException (0x80040204)]
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.Enable(CUserAuth& Caller,
> > String UserId) +0
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.SystemUser.Activate(String id) +38
> >
> > Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.changeState(Object
> > sender, DataEventArgs e) +127
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.DataEventProcessor.Raise(FormEventId
> > eventId, FormState state, User user, String objectId, Entity entity) +176
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId
> > eventId) +89
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity,
> > String formId, String formType) +83
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.ConfigureForm()
> > +216
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
> >    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
> >    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499
> >

> > r/ Anthony
0
awakin (8)
3/17/2008 6:03:01 PM
Is the active directory account still enabled or has it been deleted and
subsequently re-added?

Michael Mayo

"awakin" wrote:

> No luck with your recommended change. I recieve an error message "The
> Authentication passesd to the platform is not valid".
>
> "Fortis" wrote:
>
> > Awakin - This is probably related to the fact that you have a bad existing
> > relationship on this user. Check and/or clear the manager field and/or other
> > values that might relate to this user.
> >
> > "awakin" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Everyone,
> > >
> > > I am trying to enable a disabled CRM user and I received the following error
> > > message. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > [COMException (0x80040204)]
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.Enable(CUserAuth& Caller,
> > > String UserId) +0
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.SystemUser.Activate(String id) +38
> > >
> > > Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.changeState(Object
> > > sender, DataEventArgs e) +127
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.DataEventProcessor.Raise(FormEventId
> > > eventId, FormState state, User user, String objectId, Entity entity) +176
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId
> > > eventId) +89
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity,
> > > String formId, String formType) +83
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Web.BusinessManagement.SystemUserDetailPage.ConfigureForm()
> > > +216
> > >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
> > >    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
> > >    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499
> > >

> > > r/ Anthony
0
bayareacrm (90)
3/21/2008 7:07:01 PM
I was finally able to get the user enabled. I believe there was a delay in
our network. Once the user AD account was enabled it takes 24 hours to update
our servers. I don't know why, but that was what was communicated back to me!

"bayareacrm" wrote:

> Is the active directory account still enabled or has it been deleted and
> subsequently re-added?
>
> Michael Mayo
>
> "awakin" wrote:
>
> > No luck with your recommended change. I recieve an error message "The
> > Authentication passesd to the platform is not valid".
> >
> > "Fortis" wrote:
> >
> > > Awakin - This is probably related to the fact that you have a bad existing
> > > relationship on this user. Check and/or clear the manager field and/or other
> > > values that might relate to this user.

0
awakin (8)

Enabling a button?
Hello, I am pretty novice with MFC. I have a problem that I do not know how to solve.. in short, I have a button in a toolbar.. it was made just like the rest of the buttons there.. however, it is always gray (disabled). When I load a view (MDI), all the other buttons get enabled except this one.. I do not remember doing anything extra to get the others to be enabled... any ideas? thank you for your time and help. CN It is grayed coz there is not command handler for that menu item, once you add an command handler to it it would get enabled. If you need conditional enabling/disablin...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

CRM 4.0
I've a few issues with CRM 4.0 and I was wondering if you could help me. I created a sample data so you can better understand my needs. "Account Name", "Contact Full Name, Role, Primary Contact, Email "Company 1", "John Smith ", "President", "No", "js@company1.com "Company 1", "Michael Smith", "Director ", "Yes", "mic@company1.com "Company 2", "Wayne Smith", "President", "Yes", "way@company2.com "Company 2", "John Smith &...

Problem with MS CRM Token in sending email from comaigne.
Hello, I have a problem with executing campaigns in MS CRM. I added a marketing list to campaigns activities and sending mail merge email to all my clients. Emails which were sending from mail merge (use word) do not have a MS CRM token in their subject. So answers are not automatically linked to campaign activity. In my MS CRM system settings dialog box I set option email tracking for enabled and I don’t have problem with sending email form MS CRM. Any suggestions? Thx for your help. ...

CRM services suddenly not working
I am new to Microsoft CRM but have been given the responsibility of administering it. This installation has been working since the old Administrator left a few months ago. All of a sudden when any one of my users tries to do anything in CRM, they get the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." This error pops up anytime accessing anything CRM related on the client side. (Accounts, Activities, CRM task, etc.). We use the Outlook connector for CRM. Looking through the event log on the server, this error is listed: MSCRM Platform ...

Re-install Outlook 2002

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domainname.com
Hello, We have 2000 SBS with exchange thta has been working fine. Today we are not able to receive any email at all. It does not matter who sends it. The sender gets this error message: ---------------------------------------------------- Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details The original message was received at Thu, 13 May 2004 13:39:48 -0400 (EDT) from ptd-24-25-191-160.maine.rr.com [24.25.191.160] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- < user@domainname.com>... > (reason: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domainname.com>...) ...

IE Settings for MS CRM.
I am not able to access CRM through IE. I changed my computer. I was earlier set with a short cut to the CRM application. I am trying to access the same using IE. I enter my credentials. I get the screen of 'Attempting to open Microsoft CRM. If the application does not load within a few seconds, click HERE. If you are asked if you want to close the currently open window, click yes.' and automatically IE is closed before any thing comes up. 1. I have unchecked my pop-up blocker. 2. I have added the site as a trusted site. Are there any other IE settings that need to me made? ...

Re-Enable CRM User

CRM 3.0 Bug?
We just converted over from CRM 1.2 to 3.0. On the Contact form I found something interesting. So I checked the attribues etc. emailaddress1 & emailaddress3 are both format types email emailaddress2's format is text. Wa swondering why it did not format into a hyperlink. (Blue and Underlined). Is there some reason for this or was this a bug? Will this have any effect? Thanks! Shauna Well, the new install does not have this, so it could have been a problem with your metadata from prior to the upgrade. You could probably adjust this by manually editing the attribtue table in the...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

IPv4 Literals (user@[IP])
Anyone have any clue on how to config the EX 5.5 to accept mail that is send to an email address of form "user@[IP]". I have created an account/addr per MS KB193316 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;193316). When I email the account/addr I receive an delivery failure indicating: 123.123.123.123 does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Relaying is prohibited Giving up on 123.123.123.123. 123.123.123.123 is a valid ip address. Thanks "Andrew" <ala@douglaspress.com> wrote in message news:13ea01c3e027$c03e7190$a101280a@phx.gbl... >...

SBS CRM install then move Exchange.
Hi All, Quick question hopefully. Just wondering if anyone can clarify what I believe is possible but not 100% sure. CRM SBS edition installed on a SBS box, can a new Exchange box is implemented into the same domain and keep e-mail functionality of CRM?? If it is possible and Exchange is moved off the SBS box and onto a new server, what needs to be done to ensure it works correctly? Change registy settings to point to new mail server? have looked and can't seem to locate them... I have done the following: -Run Rule Wizard and remove rules from mailboxes (sbs box) -Un-installed th...

Re: exmerge error

Upgrading from BCM to CRM
In the Microsoft Business Contact Manager, it says that you can easily migrate your data into CRM. Problem is that I can find out how do you do this? Can you migrate the entire database with links and attached mail or does it only allow you to migrate the contact list? Is there documentation for upgrading like the data migration documentation that comes with CRM 1.2? Any and all help is appreciated. I would head over to the BCM newsgroup to find out more. I know the BCM team have a priority to be able to migrate from BCM to CRM but do not know how that is achieved yet. If you find out...

Act -> CRM 1.2
Hi all. I know just about nothing on the subject of importing act data into CRM 1.2 Could any one help me out with a quick overview of the process? I know about using export pro to get the data into access. I think from there you simply use the data import tool that MS provides from crm. MAIN QUESTION: Can I import act data once CRM is up and running? I really do hope so. I'd hate to find out that we needed to create the database 1st and then select "connect to existing database" during the install process. Thanks in advance!!!! Hank wrote: > Hi all. > I know just...

Send Emails from CRM
Hi , I am not able to send an email from either the web client or the Outlook client. But im able to receive all the mails as expected. I have installed the router, created the requierd rules and checked for incoming emails. All the required emails are gettting created as Email activities in MSCRM. and Im able to view all the mails in both CRM as well as my normal Outlook. The only issue is with the sending of mails. I have ensured that i have used the appropriate Email Ids that are vallid. When i send an email from the web client, i dont get to see any errors as such. Neither are thes...

Enabling SSL and FBA on Front End Server Issue
Hello, I currently have Exchange 2003 with a front end/ back end scenario. I am attempting to enable Forms Based Authentication on the FE server for security and asthetic reasons (and my boss told me to). I have gone through many MS KB articles and used Petri.co.il as resources, but it seens whatever I do, it does not work. I have gone through all of the obvious steps in regard to enabling SSL, etc. I attempted to use a THWATE cert. that we have w/o success. I created an internal cert. and that does not work either. When I enable SSL the site states that it is an SSL site and to add http...

Please help user accounts cannot log in
Hi all, well I caught a virus. I had essentials but some how it is unable to delete the virus and the real time protection has been disabled. Upon working with support we manage to find the problem in windows32 folder. It is a fake security virus. Unfortunately i was unable to delete the applications. I some how did something because now i cannot log in at all. Windows start up and gets to the user account section. When i click on any account it starts and then immediately logs out. This is even in safe mode under admin. I was able to at least get into windows and now i cannot. A...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

CRM Notification
Hi, I have installed the new accelerator;notification on my VPC. I must it is a good tool, but I have some questions and hope someone can answer them. First of all, it is not possbile to subscribe on the "activities", why?Secondly, how can a person who has been assigned a new case from his/her supervisor be alerted through this tool?Is it possible?Thirdly, is a user in CRM wants to subscribe on an event/website which is relevant for the rule, can the person see that website from RSS in CRM? I hope someone can reply the questions, thanks. With best regards, Nasir Ahmed For a...

clear the list og "open other users folder"
Hi When you use the open an other user folder, it could be a calendar, the persons name and folder is put into a list under the menu File/Open. I would like to clear that numbered list of folders, does anyone know how to do that? thanks, Rikke ...