Quote won't merge to Word 2007

Attempting to print a quote.  Opens up Word 2007 with note to press the CRM
button in either the Add-in ribbon or the MailMerge ribbon.  It shows up in
neither.  Macros are enabled.
0
mnicks (3)
4/1/2009 9:41:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Is this issue isolated to one client? Do you have the CRM Client for Outlook
installed?

If so you can initiate Mail Merge from the Outlook client as this method
does not use a Macro.

Regards
Dan

"mnicks" <mnicks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Attempting to print a quote.  Opens up Word 2007 with note to press the
> CRM
> button in either the Add-in ribbon or the MailMerge ribbon.  It shows up
> in
> neither.  Macros are enabled.

0
danq (7)
4/10/2009 1:54:33 PM
CRM for Outlook is not installed.
This happens from any workstation with Word 2007 installed.
It does not happen (it works correctly) on workstations with Word 2003
installed.

Mark

"Dan Quinton" wrote:

> Is this issue isolated to one client? Do you have the CRM Client for Outlook
> installed?
>
> If so you can initiate Mail Merge from the Outlook client as this method
> does not use a Macro.
>
> Regards
> Dan
>
> "mnicks" <mnicks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Attempting to print a quote.  Opens up Word 2007 with note to press the
> > CRM
> > button in either the Add-in ribbon or the MailMerge ribbon.  It shows up
> > in
> > neither.  Macros are enabled.

0
mnicks (3)

What "!"and "$" are used for?
Hi there! I regret my ignorance, but can you please mak eit clear, what "!"and "$" are used for? What is the purpose for these symbols?! I am new in this matter- work with MS Excel... :-( Thanks in advance! Ves ! is the separator between a sheet name and a range reference such as in Sheet1!A1:A20 I suppose it makes parsing the formula simpler. $ is use with a cell reference to make it absolute. For instance, if you enter =A1 in cell B1 and then copy that down, B2 will change to =A2, B3 to =A3 and so on. But if you enter =A$1 in B1 and copy down, B2 ...

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Difference between "My Contacts" and "Other" Contacts
My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts. Why is that? Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By definition they are not owned by you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions...

MS Publisher/mail merge
I am running office 2000 and WINDOWS 98, and Publcisher 2000, When I tried to run mail merge, I receive a response "Cannot continue mail merge" and the insert field codes from files does not come up. I have tried to reload Publisher 2000 to repair the files (assuming that this was the problem) and I have tried to match the problem against the help available for this topic on the Microsoft site. I am completely stymied. I have used this software for the last five years and never have had a problem merging from WOrd files into Merged documents on Publisher. questions: 1. Is it a gl...

Cannot install Office 2007 in Windows 7
Hi, I have been reading a few threads and have not seemed to find the solution to my installation problem of Office Enterprise 2007. The long and short is that I upgraded from XP to windows 7. I have been trying to reinstall my office Enterprise 2007 and it stops after the product key and says that there is an error and Microsoft will contact me when a solution comes up. I have tried to follow Peter's advice and remove all Office products. No luck. I did have old versions of office 97 and 2000. both installed fine. I tried to use the auto fixit button and that d...

Mail Merge from attachment
I get mailing labels from trusted senders in .csv and .xls format as attachments in my e-mail. I would like to have Outlook do a mail merge with the attachment when it comes in, and print the results. Is this possible? Matthew you would need to use vba or exlife (www.ornic.com). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as...

Word/Excel Charts x axis to months
Hi, I'm trying to format a bar chart which has promotions on the y axis and i would like the x axis to be months of the year NOV, DEC, JAN 08, FEB 08 and so forth instead of numbers 0-7 but I dont know how to change this? The chart has bars across according to which month(s) the promotion will be happening in the next financial year. The chart is currently in word in the document and connected to data on excel. I'm using microsoft office 2007. anyone help plz? Do you have the data set out like this: NOV 22 DEC 34 JAN 12 ...... Now select all the data and make the chart. ...

Read outlook from MS ACCESS, how to disable "Do You want to allow this"
Hello, I have developed a Access application that needs to read mail from Outlook, versions on Access and outlook are 2003. In the code i use mapi to connect to outlook. When i tries to read the subject of a message outlook displays "A program is trying to access e-mail adresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this." And then i can allow access for max 10 minutes. My application is use scheduled statupm creating reports without man-macine interferance so i need to disable this message. I have tried with modifiing registry KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office...

Word 2007 and customized "toolbars"?
Hello, I am new to Word 2007; however, I am experienced in Word 2003. As you know, in Word 2003, one was able to create a customized toolbar and assign it to a particular template or even Normal.dot. In this way, users of the template would be able to access the features of the customized toolbar. Now, I am at a loss. Is there any way to do what I've described above in Word 2007? (My operating system is Windows XP.) My goal is to create templates that are user-friendly for non-Word-experienced authors. Would appreciate any guidance. The customization options are...

Why do support emails show up in my "assigned" queue...
CRMers, Our CRM system is set up such that any email that goes to our support email address gets redeployed to a configured "Support" queue within CRM. The problem I have is that the email also shows up in my "Assigned" queue. The only reason I can think of is that I am set as the owner for the support queue. It appears a queue cannot be created without an owner. Does anyone have any insight on this problem and how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help. Pradeep for a queue to work you have to set up a dedicated mailbox in exchange and then use that email ad...

"Protect Sheet" #3
I am using Excel 2007 with Vista Home Premium. I have 15 workbooks, each with 12 sheets. I want each sheet (not the workbook) password protected to prevent any accidental to interference with formulae. With a total of 180 worksheets I am a bit disappointed there is no way other than protecting each sheet one at a time entering each password twice...! ......Or am I wrong? I sincerely hope I am. Can anyone help? TIA Hi, There is no built-in way, however, you can write a VBA macro. Sub ProtectMe() For each sh in Worksheets sh.Protect Password:="x" Next sh End sub If ...

Date format in merged field
I am using Publisher 2000 (from Office 2000 Pro), under W2K. I am printing membership cards, merging data from an Excel spreadsheet. One of the merged text fields on the membership card is a date. How do I control the date format on the printed cards? When the spreadsheet had a date format of "8/4", the card printed as "August 8, 2004". I changed the spreadsheet date format to "August 4, 2004". Now the card prints "8/4/2004". I suspect, however, that it was something else that I did within Publisher that caused the date format results. - Da...

Merging account records 06-05-07
Hi, all: We've noticed that, when two accounts are combined, their activities history is not redirected to the master record, so some activities are lost (they remain related to the inactive record). Has anybody a suggestion about how to make the system behaves in a different way? (We'd like all the activities done for the combined record are updated so they start to point to the remaining record when the merging is completed). Thanks a lot in advance. Something is wrong. Try to create two new accounts with some history activity and then merge. Does this work ok? Fr...

Mail Merge From Outlook not working after upgrade to Windows 7
I select data Source as Outlook and then get this Error message: "Unable to obtain list of tables from the source data." I have a merge file for Avery mailing labels (8182) and cannot get the Outlook Contact Folder to open as I was able to before the upgrade to Windows 7. In the Properties of the Outlook folder on the Outlook Address Book tab, "Show this folder as an e-amail Address Book" is now greyed out so cannot select it. Under the General tab, I have "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange views" selected. Where am I going wrong now? Need he...

Error message "formula is too long"
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet that, when opened, executes some SQL queries against a SQL Server 2000 DB. This function works correctly. This spreadsheet is part of an automated process. This process starts Excel up in the background, the data is pulled since the spreadsheet is opened, and the results are saved to an HTML file. The thing is, my users have requested I setup the spreadsheet such that if someone opens up the spreadsheet, they can easily manually modify something such that it will pull data from a date/time of their choice. I can think of multiple ways of doin...

Seperate words in a field
I have data that has information in a field that I need to separate. Example: Jimmy Ray (2004) (director) (producer) Jenny Rich (2000) (Actress) From this example I need to separate the items in parentheses from the name and enter them all in different columns. Is there a query or other possible way to do this? Thanks for any help given. As I see it this would be a 2-step process.. First you would separate all words: Divide text across cells Select the range of cells that contains the text values. The range can be any number of rows tall, but no more than one...

"Theme" and "recently used" font list
How do I change the "theme" and "recently used" font list? "WD2000: How to Turn off the Font Most Recently Used (MRU) List" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199785; for Word 2002, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506; for Word 2003, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820917. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &g...

Off 2003 upon Window7 Excel works but not on "all programs" menu
Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under "Microsoft Office" in "All Programs". Outlook, Word, ect are listed. But if I use Explore to open an Excel document, Excel runs fine. How do I get Excel back on the menu? Either repair the office shortcuts or create the excel shortcut "Carlb101" <Carlb101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EE00EF6-8253-4995-8AC8-090BA2AA27F7@microsoft.com... > Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under > "Microsoft Office" in "All...

"tracing" email
One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another account. What do I need to find out who is sending this mail, or at least figure out where it is coming from? ANY information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Doreen "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote: > >One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. >They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another >account. > >What do I need to fin...

How to detect merged cells with C#
Hi, I do Excel programming first time, and I create a program to detect merged cells , by this way: 1.Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application excelApp = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application(); 2.Get every cells in the worksheet, and check it is merged cell, or not. ※There is one worksheet in the Excel only. but the worksheet has 60 columns and 10000 rows. and it take long time to finish detecting a worksheet. Is there any better way to do it? Best, Mars What version of excel are you supporting? xl2002 (it's there in xl2003 for sure!) added an op...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

OT: PDF describing "features" in Windows 7.
I remember a document similar to this for Vista. Problem was, they nixed many of those feature before they released the product. Same could happen here, but it made for some interesting reading. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Win7DeveloperGuide ...

Want to export "True" or "False" not 1 or 0 to tet file.
I am exporting a table in Access 2003 to a text file which is imported in to a third party appplication. However, there are a few colums with "True" and "False" filelds but when access generates the text file it replaces true and false with 1 and 0 I need it to export "True" or "False" as the third party application does not accept 1 or 0 Is there any way to achieve this. Thanks You would have to export from a query and use a calculated field. Field: SomeFieldTF: IIF(SomeYesNoField,"True","False") Or as ...

Table of "TABS"
I have a workbook that has too many tabed worksheets. Is there any way to easily set up a "first worksheet" Table of Tabs (contents) worksheet, so that when I select a tab from the Table of Tabs, it will take me right to the worksheet? Hi John You can right click on the arrows on the left of the first sheet tab or see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "John Florida" <jelwood@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:46813e48$0$8063$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >I have a workbook that ha...

Straight quotes in bullet/number lists
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Since installing Snow Leopard, all bullets/numbers are followed by straight quotes. (This is happening in both Word 2004 and 2008.) Have tried changing fonts, changing bullet type, defining new bullet style - nothing has helped. Any thoughts? Hi Josie: I suspect it IS the style that is doing this. Go in through Format>Style>... Select the style in use and Format>Modify>Numbering... Select the number format or bullet format in use and Customise... You will find the quote as part of the &quo...