Quote Template Question

I have modified the Quote.dot template and added the products line into the
table.  However when I generate the quote it splits the products into 1 table
each. I just can't figure out how to have the products join into 1 table. I
have screen shots to show how I have modified it but no way to attach it to
this message for someone to review.

The coding goes something like this:

The Product, Qty, Unit, Unit Price, Discount, Ext Amount are in a 1 row table

'' }{IF {MERGEFIELD  "LineItem_Tax" } <> "" {SET ExtAmt {=
MERGFIELD"LineItem_Extended_Amount"} - {
MERGEFIELD "LineItem_Tax:}} } {SET  ExtAmt { MERGEFIELD
"LineItem_Extended_Amount" }} }
Then a table with the MERGEFIELD items that go under the Title Table above.
Then after the table above:
{ IF {MERGEFIELD "LastItem" } = "1"

Then the totals table follows that.

So how do I change the code so that when there are multiple products that
the tables join up?
Thanks in advance!
Shauna
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Shauna!

Please send me the screenshots to support@mscrm-addons.com
I will make a look at it!

If you are interested, we have tomorrow  a new Version of our WordMailMerge
Add-On
which allows you to use custom fields for generating quotes in Word!

If you are interested in such an Add-On please write me an e-mail!

Christian

support@mscrm-addons.com
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
    GroupCalendar         for MSCRM
    Related Documents   for MSCRM
    WordMailMerge      for MSCRM

"Shauna Koppang" <ShaunaKoppang@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:6BB31A00-6145-4929-8869-7FD8B44492C6@microsoft.com...
>I have modified the Quote.dot template and added the products line into the
> table.  However when I generate the quote it splits the products into 1
> table
> each. I just can't figure out how to have the products join into 1 table.
> have screen shots to show how I have modified it but no way to attach it
> this message for someone to review.
>
> The coding goes something like this:
>
> The Product, Qty, Unit, Unit Price, Discount, Ext Amount are in a 1 row
> table
>
> '' }{IF {MERGEFIELD  "LineItem_Tax" } <> "" {SET ExtAmt {=
> MERGFIELD"LineItem_Extended_Amount"} - {
> MERGEFIELD "LineItem_Tax:}} } {SET  ExtAmt { MERGEFIELD
> "LineItem_Extended_Amount" }} }
> Then a table with the MERGEFIELD items that go under the Title Table
> above.
> Then after the table above:
> { IF {MERGEFIELD "LastItem" } = "1"
>
> Then the totals table follows that.
>
> So how do I change the code so that when there are multiple products that
> the tables join up?
> Thanks in advance!
> Shauna

0
Support
3/15/2005 8:32:07 PM
Hi Christian,

Will send it.

Thanks!
sHAUNA

"Support www.MSCRM-ADDONS.COM" wrote:

> Hello Shauna!
>
> Please send me the screenshots to support@mscrm-addons.com
> I will make a look at it!
>
> If you are interested, we have tomorrow  a new Version of our WordMailMerge
> Add-On
> which allows you to use custom fields for generating quotes in Word!
>
> If you are interested in such an Add-On please write me an e-mail!

> Christian
>
> support@mscrm-addons.com
> www.mscrm-addons.com
> Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
>     GroupCalendar         for MSCRM
>     Related Documents   for MSCRM
>     WordMailMerge      for MSCRM
>
> "Shauna Koppang" <ShaunaKoppang@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:6BB31A00-6145-4929-8869-7FD8B44492C6@microsoft.com...
> >I have modified the Quote.dot template and added the products line into the
> > table.  However when I generate the quote it splits the products into 1
> > table
> > each. I just can't figure out how to have the products join into 1 table.
> > have screen shots to show how I have modified it but no way to attach it
> > this message for someone to review.
> >
> > The coding goes something like this:
> >
> > The Product, Qty, Unit, Unit Price, Discount, Ext Amount are in a 1 row
> > table
> >
> > '' }{IF {MERGEFIELD  "LineItem_Tax" } <> "" {SET ExtAmt {=
> > MERGFIELD"LineItem_Extended_Amount"} - {
> > MERGEFIELD "LineItem_Tax:}} } {SET  ExtAmt { MERGEFIELD
> > "LineItem_Extended_Amount" }} }
> > Then a table with the MERGEFIELD items that go under the Title Table
> > above.
> > Then after the table above:
> > { IF {MERGEFIELD "LastItem" } = "1"
> >
> > Then the totals table follows that.
> >
> > So how do I change the code so that when there are multiple products that
> > the tables join up?
> > Thanks in advance!
> > Shauna

Got a reply back from Ternek Christian to change the return above the table
to 1 pt.  Also ensured the paragraph formatting was 0/0 paragraph spacing and
single line spacing on both.

I also changed the one after the product table.  Looks fine in Print Layout
with what appears to be a 1 pt gap, BUTwhen I view it in Print Preview  or
print it, the first product and the Title row are 1 point joined, but the
other products again have a bigger gap!  So what do I do now?

Any suggestions would be helpful as we really want to use this feature to
print out our quotes, without resorting to a third-party product at this time.

Thanks so much!
Shauna

"Shauna Koppang" wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Will send it.
>
> Thanks!
> sHAUNA
>
> "Support www.MSCRM-ADDONS.COM" wrote:
>
> > Hello Shauna!
> >
> > Please send me the screenshots to support@mscrm-addons.com
> > I will make a look at it!
> >
> > If you are interested, we have tomorrow  a new Version of our WordMailMerge
> > Add-On
> > which allows you to use custom fields for generating quotes in Word!
> >
> > If you are interested in such an Add-On please write me an e-mail!
> >

> > --
> > --
> > Christian
> >
> > support@mscrm-addons.com
> > www.mscrm-addons.com
> > Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
> >     GroupCalendar         for MSCRM
> >     Related Documents   for MSCRM
> >     WordMailMerge      for MSCRM
> >
> > "Shauna Koppang" <ShaunaKoppang@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag news:6BB31A00-6145-4929-8869-7FD8B44492C6@microsoft.com...
> > >I have modified the Quote.dot template and added the products line into the
> > > table.  However when I generate the quote it splits the products into 1
> > > table
> > > each. I just can't figure out how to have the products join into 1 table.
> > > have screen shots to show how I have modified it but no way to attach it
> > > this message for someone to review.
> > >
> > > The coding goes something like this:
> > >
> > > The Product, Qty, Unit, Unit Price, Discount, Ext Amount are in a 1 row
> > > table
> > >
> > > '' }{IF {MERGEFIELD  "LineItem_Tax" } <> "" {SET ExtAmt {=
> > > MERGFIELD"LineItem_Extended_Amount"} - {
> > > MERGEFIELD "LineItem_Tax:}} } {SET  ExtAmt { MERGEFIELD
> > > "LineItem_Extended_Amount" }} }
> > > Then a table with the MERGEFIELD items that go under the Title Table
> > > above.
> > > Then after the table above:
> > > { IF {MERGEFIELD "LastItem" } = "1"
> > >
> > > Then the totals table follows that.
> > >
> > > So how do I change the code so that when there are multiple products that
> > > the tables join up?
> > > Thanks in advance!
> > > Shauna

What "!"and "$" are used for?
Hi there! I regret my ignorance, but can you please mak eit clear, what "!"and "$" are used for? What is the purpose for these symbols?! I am new in this matter- work with MS Excel... :-( Thanks in advance! Ves ! is the separator between a sheet name and a range reference such as in Sheet1!A1:A20 I suppose it makes parsing the formula simpler. $ is use with a cell reference to make it absolute. For instance, if you enter =A1 in cell B1 and then copy that down, B2 will change to =A2, B3 to =A3 and so on. But if you enter =A$1 in B1 and copy down, B2 ...

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Complex Excel Question
This is pretty detailed, I hope you can follow my train of thought. Normally I would attempt to do this in Access, but since the participants in this project do not have the program or the ability, we will need to do it in Excel. I can't get my brain around where to begin or what tools to use on this one. I think I'm just overwhelmed. We have manually placed in formulas and such to get us through #2. I'm just not sure where to go from there that would be easy for me to get to work and for the end users who have limited skill working with Excel. Also, once this is programed to give ...

Difference between "My Contacts" and "Other" Contacts
My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts. Why is that? Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By definition they are not owned by you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions...

Why do support emails show up in my "assigned" queue...
CRMers, Our CRM system is set up such that any email that goes to our support email address gets redeployed to a configured "Support" queue within CRM. The problem I have is that the email also shows up in my "Assigned" queue. The only reason I can think of is that I am set as the owner for the support queue. It appears a queue cannot be created without an owner. Does anyone have any insight on this problem and how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help. Pradeep for a queue to work you have to set up a dedicated mailbox in exchange and then use that email ad...

Word 2007 and customized "toolbars"?
Hello, I am new to Word 2007; however, I am experienced in Word 2003. As you know, in Word 2003, one was able to create a customized toolbar and assign it to a particular template or even Normal.dot. In this way, users of the template would be able to access the features of the customized toolbar. Now, I am at a loss. Is there any way to do what I've described above in Word 2007? (My operating system is Windows XP.) My goal is to create templates that are user-friendly for non-Word-experienced authors. Would appreciate any guidance. The customization options are...

Read outlook from MS ACCESS, how to disable "Do You want to allow this"
Hello, I have developed a Access application that needs to read mail from Outlook, versions on Access and outlook are 2003. In the code i use mapi to connect to outlook. When i tries to read the subject of a message outlook displays "A program is trying to access e-mail adresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this." And then i can allow access for max 10 minutes. My application is use scheduled statupm creating reports without man-macine interferance so i need to disable this message. I have tried with modifiing registry KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office...

"Protect Sheet" #3
I am using Excel 2007 with Vista Home Premium. I have 15 workbooks, each with 12 sheets. I want each sheet (not the workbook) password protected to prevent any accidental to interference with formulae. With a total of 180 worksheets I am a bit disappointed there is no way other than protecting each sheet one at a time entering each password twice...! ......Or am I wrong? I sincerely hope I am. Can anyone help? TIA Hi, There is no built-in way, however, you can write a VBA macro. Sub ProtectMe() For each sh in Worksheets sh.Protect Password:="x" Next sh End sub If ...

Error message "formula is too long"
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet that, when opened, executes some SQL queries against a SQL Server 2000 DB. This function works correctly. This spreadsheet is part of an automated process. This process starts Excel up in the background, the data is pulled since the spreadsheet is opened, and the results are saved to an HTML file. The thing is, my users have requested I setup the spreadsheet such that if someone opens up the spreadsheet, they can easily manually modify something such that it will pull data from a date/time of their choice. I can think of multiple ways of doin...

Question about the Purchase order Recipe...
Hi, i have the default purchase order recipe file (i think is that one that contains information of how the xml file will be created or some like that) This is the item section of mine: <Items> <Item> <Quantity>12</Quantity> <Code>20001318</Code> <OrderNumber>705001-CL</OrderNumber> <Description>Bead Garland 48 in. L - Clear</Description> <UnitPrice>2.26</UnitPrice> <TotalPrice>27.12</TotalPrice> <TaxRate>0</TaxRate> </Item> </Items> Is there a ...

"Theme" and "recently used" font list
How do I change the "theme" and "recently used" font list? "WD2000: How to Turn off the Font Most Recently Used (MRU) List" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199785; for Word 2002, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506; for Word 2003, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820917. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &g...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 multi-sites question
Hi We have a Windows 2000 AD Domain with an Exchange 5.5 organisation with 4 remotes sites located in remote locations. I installed Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 member server in SiteA. This server has the ADC installed with 4 CAs. I have moved the users from SiteA into Exchange 2003 with no problems. I plan to install Exchange 2003 on new Windows 2000 servers in the remote sites and move users using the wizard. The question is do I need ADC installed on these remote sites servers with CAs so that I can move users. Will these CAs be two-way.?? Is there anything else I would need to do.?? ...

Office for Mac licensing question
I have an older Power Mac that runs Office 2001 for Mac on OS 9.1. I want to keep the older Mac and still use Office 2001 on it. I also want to get a new Mac (G4 probably) and run Office V. X on OS 10.3. Do I need to purchase a full-up version of Office V. X to install on the new Mac or can I purchase the Office V. X upgrade version instead? If I can get by with an upgrade, do I need to install Office 2001 on the new Mac and then uninstall Office 2001 after the upgrade is completed (since Office 2001 is running another Mac)? I basically want to run both Macs at the same time (an olde...

"tracing" email
One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another account. What do I need to find out who is sending this mail, or at least figure out where it is coming from? ANY information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Doreen "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote: > >One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. >They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another >account. > >What do I need to fin...

Off 2003 upon Window7 Excel works but not on "all programs" menu
Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under "Microsoft Office" in "All Programs". Outlook, Word, ect are listed. But if I use Explore to open an Excel document, Excel runs fine. How do I get Excel back on the menu? Either repair the office shortcuts or create the excel shortcut "Carlb101" <Carlb101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EE00EF6-8253-4995-8AC8-090BA2AA27F7@microsoft.com... > Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under > "Microsoft Office" in "All...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

OT: PDF describing "features" in Windows 7.
I remember a document similar to this for Vista. Problem was, they nixed many of those feature before they released the product. Same could happen here, but it made for some interesting reading. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Win7DeveloperGuide ...

Yearly Calendar Template
I just posted a new yearly calendar template on my site (it's free). This template lets you choose the starting month and year and it wil display a full year on one worksheet. You can add more months by jus copying and pasting one of the calendars. 'Yearly Calendar (http://vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/yearly-calendar.html) If you have any suggestions for ways in which to use the template, would be interested to hear them. Enjoy, Jo -- JonWittwe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JonWittwer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...

iPAQ synch question
I had a hard drive failure and had to reinstall Outlook 2003 in my new hard drive. I had been synching to Compaq iPAQ and had developed a large set of catagories before the crash. After I reinstalled 2003, I synched all the data back from the iPAQ BUT the catagory list did not come back. The individual contacts have the proper catagory names, BUT the catagory list in Outlook 2003 does not have them. Does anyone know how to restore the Master catagory list from the IPAQ via synch? If not possible in Outlook, is there a third party utility that will do it? Howard No, the categ...

Need a software in MS Access, some template for clinic
Hi I need some project in Microsoft access where a user can enter name of patient, general details like address, phone, age etc etc is there anyone who has such a working thing .. On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:25:32 -0700, rohitsagar@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi I need some project in Microsoft access where a user can enter name >of patient, general details like address, phone, age etc etc > >is there anyone who has such a working thing .. There are many commercially available clinic data management programs. They tend to be MUCH more elaborate (and correspondingly expensive) than a simple A...

Want to export "True" or "False" not 1 or 0 to tet file.
I am exporting a table in Access 2003 to a text file which is imported in to a third party appplication. However, there are a few colums with "True" and "False" filelds but when access generates the text file it replaces true and false with 1 and 0 I need it to export "True" or "False" as the third party application does not accept 1 or 0 Is there any way to achieve this. Thanks You would have to export from a query and use a calculated field. Field: SomeFieldTF: IIF(SomeYesNoField,"True","False") Or as ...

Table of "TABS"
I have a workbook that has too many tabed worksheets. Is there any way to easily set up a "first worksheet" Table of Tabs (contents) worksheet, so that when I select a tab from the Table of Tabs, it will take me right to the worksheet? Hi John You can right click on the arrows on the left of the first sheet tab or see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "John Florida" <jelwood@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:46813e48$0$8063$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >I have a workbook that ha...

Straight quotes in bullet/number lists
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Since installing Snow Leopard, all bullets/numbers are followed by straight quotes. (This is happening in both Word 2004 and 2008.) Have tried changing fonts, changing bullet type, defining new bullet style - nothing has helped. Any thoughts? Hi Josie: I suspect it IS the style that is doing this. Go in through Format>Style>... Select the style in use and Format>Modify>Numbering... Select the number format or bullet format in use and Customise... You will find the quote as part of the &quo...

Question about moving a server into another site.
I have a Exchange server in a remote location. I would reconfigure Exchange so that is it part of our home office site. The server would remain in the current office. I have searched the KB with no luck. Can someone point me to some docs? Thanks Paul Assuming you're talking about Exchange 5.5 here given references to Sites... You're looking for Move Server Wizard http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/downloads/mvwizard.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Flybywires" ...

"You cannot open two documents with the same name" message problem
Hi All, I am wondering if anyone has a solution on this. There is a Word 2007 file (docx) that has links to an Excel file. They are both resided in the same folder. When the files are moved to another folder, the link path does not get updated =96 which I understand. But when the Word file is first opened, the following message came up: A document with the name "xxx.xlsm" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second documents, either close the document that's currently open...