Quote Form

I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond
adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A
couple of the issues are:

1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to
data source.
2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they
are missing and Word wants to remove them.

We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to
get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with
creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I waisting my time?

Thank You
-Chris
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Chris,

We have just proposed a custom quote to word template solution for our
client. If you are interested please drop a email to discuss.

Regards,
Manick
manick.m@hotmail.com

"chrisd" wrote:

> I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond
> adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A
> couple of the issues are:
>
> 1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to
> data source.
> 2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they
> are missing and Word wants to remove them.
>
> We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to
> get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with
> creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I waisting my time?
>
> Thank You
> -Chris
Hi Chris

I don't think you have any option but to use a 3rd party product.  We have
implemented c360 Word templates which you can easily manipulate to make
excellent quote letters, order confirmations, shipping notes, invoices etc
etc etc.  You would think that something as basic as these business
requirements would be part of the CRM package but Microsoft moves in
mysterious ways....

"chrisd" wrote:

> I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond
> adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A
> couple of the issues are:
>
> 1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to
> data source.
> 2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they
> are missing and Word wants to remove them.
>
> We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to
> get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with
> creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I waisting my time?
>
> Thank You
> -Chris
0
Ann (124)
12/13/2007 1:42:00 AM
Ann, I've been trying to get the c360 working for the QuotewithGroupings
template using word 2007 without success.  It only shows the 1st line.  Any
thoughts?

"Ann" wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> I don't think you have any option but to use a 3rd party product.  We have
> implemented c360 Word templates which you can easily manipulate to make
> excellent quote letters, order confirmations, shipping notes, invoices etc
> etc etc.  You would think that something as basic as these business
> requirements would be part of the CRM package but Microsoft moves in
> mysterious ways....
>
> "chrisd" wrote:
>
> > I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond
> > adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A
> > couple of the issues are:
> >
> > 1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to
> > data source.
> > 2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they
> > are missing and Word wants to remove them.
> >
> > We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to
> > get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with
> > creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I waisting my time?
> >
> > Thank You
> > -Chris
0
KenCompter (36)
12/14/2007 12:08:04 AM
I have been considering the c360 option, but do they work with just the web
client or both web and outlook? our users only use the Outlook client and
will not want to switch back and forth.
-Chris

"Ann" wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> I don't think you have any option but to use a 3rd party product.  We have
> implemented c360 Word templates which you can easily manipulate to make
> excellent quote letters, order confirmations, shipping notes, invoices etc
> etc etc.  You would think that something as basic as these business
> requirements would be part of the CRM package but Microsoft moves in
> mysterious ways....
>
> "chrisd" wrote:
>
> > I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond
> > adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A
> > couple of the issues are:
> >
> > 1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to
> > data source.
> > 2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they
> > are missing and Word wants to remove them.
> >
> > We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to
> > get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with
> > creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I waisting my time?
> >
> > Thank You
> > -Chris
0
chrisd (11)

What "!"and "$" are used for?
Hi there! I regret my ignorance, but can you please mak eit clear, what "!"and "$" are used for? What is the purpose for these symbols?! I am new in this matter- work with MS Excel... :-( Thanks in advance! Ves ! is the separator between a sheet name and a range reference such as in Sheet1!A1:A20 I suppose it makes parsing the formula simpler. $ is use with a cell reference to make it absolute. For instance, if you enter =A1 in cell B1 and then copy that down, B2 will change to =A2, B3 to =A3 and so on. But if you enter =A$1 in B1 and copy down, B2 ...

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

report recordsource based on form
The forms and reports in the project I am working on are unbound. So far, I have been using ADO recordsets. I'm using Access 2003 with a separate FE and BE. I have a form where the user sets up what data he wants to see on the report. In the reports open event, I was reading the info from the form and then creating an ADO recordset. After banging my head on the wall for awhile, I found out that you can't set a report's recordset in an mdb. So how do I go about doing this? Jennifer That is not quite correct. You can't change it while the report is not open. You can, howe...

Difference between "My Contacts" and "Other" Contacts
My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts. Why is that? Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By definition they are not owned by you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions...

Why do support emails show up in my "assigned" queue...
CRMers, Our CRM system is set up such that any email that goes to our support email address gets redeployed to a configured "Support" queue within CRM. The problem I have is that the email also shows up in my "Assigned" queue. The only reason I can think of is that I am set as the owner for the support queue. It appears a queue cannot be created without an owner. Does anyone have any insight on this problem and how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help. Pradeep for a queue to work you have to set up a dedicated mailbox in exchange and then use that email ad...

Word 2007 and customized "toolbars"?
Hello, I am new to Word 2007; however, I am experienced in Word 2003. As you know, in Word 2003, one was able to create a customized toolbar and assign it to a particular template or even Normal.dot. In this way, users of the template would be able to access the features of the customized toolbar. Now, I am at a loss. Is there any way to do what I've described above in Word 2007? (My operating system is Windows XP.) My goal is to create templates that are user-friendly for non-Word-experienced authors. Would appreciate any guidance. The customization options are...

Read outlook from MS ACCESS, how to disable "Do You want to allow this"
Hello, I have developed a Access application that needs to read mail from Outlook, versions on Access and outlook are 2003. In the code i use mapi to connect to outlook. When i tries to read the subject of a message outlook displays "A program is trying to access e-mail adresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this." And then i can allow access for max 10 minutes. My application is use scheduled statupm creating reports without man-macine interferance so i need to disable this message. I have tried with modifiing registry KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office...

"Protect Sheet" #3
I am using Excel 2007 with Vista Home Premium. I have 15 workbooks, each with 12 sheets. I want each sheet (not the workbook) password protected to prevent any accidental to interference with formulae. With a total of 180 worksheets I am a bit disappointed there is no way other than protecting each sheet one at a time entering each password twice...! ......Or am I wrong? I sincerely hope I am. Can anyone help? TIA Hi, There is no built-in way, however, you can write a VBA macro. Sub ProtectMe() For each sh in Worksheets sh.Protect Password:="x" Next sh End sub If ...

Calculations in Form footers
I am a continuous for that I am using to whereby I calculated totals in the footer section. It works fine until I try to sum on a calculated textbox from detail section. I have an "Expense" field, a "Markup%" field, then a calculated field that multiplies these two I can sum the "Expense" amount field, but not the calculated markup field. Should I be able to or is this somethign that just won't work in a footer? Thanks. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 Carry out...

Error message "formula is too long"
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet that, when opened, executes some SQL queries against a SQL Server 2000 DB. This function works correctly. This spreadsheet is part of an automated process. This process starts Excel up in the background, the data is pulled since the spreadsheet is opened, and the results are saved to an HTML file. The thing is, my users have requested I setup the spreadsheet such that if someone opens up the spreadsheet, they can easily manually modify something such that it will pull data from a date/time of their choice. I can think of multiple ways of doin...

"Theme" and "recently used" font list
How do I change the "theme" and "recently used" font list? "WD2000: How to Turn off the Font Most Recently Used (MRU) List" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199785; for Word 2002, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506; for Word 2003, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820917. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &g...

"tracing" email
One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another account. What do I need to find out who is sending this mail, or at least figure out where it is coming from? ANY information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Doreen "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote: > >One of my users is receiving "anonymous" email from someone at my firm. >They were first using a hotmail account and now have switched to another >account. > >What do I need to fin...

Off 2003 upon Window7 Excel works but not on "all programs" menu
Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under "Microsoft Office" in "All Programs". Outlook, Word, ect are listed. But if I use Explore to open an Excel document, Excel runs fine. How do I get Excel back on the menu? Either repair the office shortcuts or create the excel shortcut "Carlb101" <Carlb101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EE00EF6-8253-4995-8AC8-090BA2AA27F7@microsoft.com... > Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under > "Microsoft Office" in "All...

View Account Information from a Custom Form
I want to view account info from a custom form as reference data. This would be a little like an IFrame I guess. I only need a read-only view of the account data, but I still would like it available from a tab. Any suggestions? -- Mark Add an IFrame with a link to: http://server/_forms/readonly/readonly.aspx?obTypeCode=1&id={guid here} hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Mark" wrote: > I want to view account info from a custom form as reference data. This would > be a little like an IFrame I guess. I only ...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

How can I print form data in a standard letter
I have a Access2002sp3 database. Data is input via a form into a table and sometimes (at the time of input) we need to print the data out in a standard letter format (basically like a mail merge with a standard letter template and data coming from the single record in the table). So far we've been doing it by exporting the whole table to Excel and then doing a mail merge selecting only the records that we want printed. Very tedious !!! Is there some way I can put the standard letter into an Access report and then just click on a control button on the input form to print the p...

OT: PDF describing "features" in Windows 7.
I remember a document similar to this for Vista. Problem was, they nixed many of those feature before they released the product. Same could happen here, but it made for some interesting reading. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Win7DeveloperGuide ...

entering data on form
I am trying to help a local organization with a problem. First they have no funds and cannot purchase Access. That being said, I need to create some system so that 2-3 different people can enter data into a spreadsheet and not screw things up each time. Being able to enter data on a form that will populate a worksheet will be the answer. They won't need to do any typical database stuff, just enter information and make sure it gets to the workbook. Most of these people will nto have access to or need to see the actual spreadsheet, just enter information. This spreadsheet will be abou...

Want to export "True" or "False" not 1 or 0 to tet file.
I am exporting a table in Access 2003 to a text file which is imported in to a third party appplication. However, there are a few colums with "True" and "False" filelds but when access generates the text file it replaces true and false with 1 and 0 I need it to export "True" or "False" as the third party application does not accept 1 or 0 Is there any way to achieve this. Thanks You would have to export from a query and use a calculated field. Field: SomeFieldTF: IIF(SomeYesNoField,"True","False") Or as ...

Table of "TABS"
I have a workbook that has too many tabed worksheets. Is there any way to easily set up a "first worksheet" Table of Tabs (contents) worksheet, so that when I select a tab from the Table of Tabs, it will take me right to the worksheet? Hi John You can right click on the arrows on the left of the first sheet tab or see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "John Florida" <jelwood@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:46813e48$0$8063$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >I have a workbook that ha...

Straight quotes in bullet/number lists
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Since installing Snow Leopard, all bullets/numbers are followed by straight quotes. (This is happening in both Word 2004 and 2008.) Have tried changing fonts, changing bullet type, defining new bullet style - nothing has helped. Any thoughts? Hi Josie: I suspect it IS the style that is doing this. Go in through Format>Style>... Select the style in use and Format>Modify>Numbering... Select the number format or bullet format in use and Customise... You will find the quote as part of the &quo...

"You cannot open two documents with the same name" message problem
Hi All, I am wondering if anyone has a solution on this. There is a Word 2007 file (docx) that has links to an Excel file. They are both resided in the same folder. When the files are moved to another folder, the link path does not get updated =96 which I understand. But when the Word file is first opened, the following message came up: A document with the name "xxx.xlsm" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second documents, either close the document that's currently open...

User Group "Access Denied"
I've just installed sharepoint 3 and have the following dafault permissions groups: Central Administration members - Farm administrator - Site admin - Users I've added 2 windows accounts to central admin and site admin and they can access the site okay but nobody else can When i add any windows account to the Users group they get an 'access denied' Ideally i would like to add the 'domain users' group from Active directopry to the Sharepoint Users group but when i do so nobody can access Can someone please help? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software ...

Retrieve email problem: "The operation failed"
When I click on Send/Receive in my Outlook 2002 to try to retrieve new emails, an error window pops up immediately which states: "The operation failed." I reinstalled Outlook 2002. No help. I tried the repair function. No help. I use Windows XP. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Before I reinstalled Outlook 2002, the program occasionally would not load at all. When I did a Control/Alt/Delete, I received an error message that stated that the problem was caused by a conflict between Outlook 2002 and WinFaxPro. I don't even have WinFaxPro installed on this computer. HH ...

What are the "." and ".." Folders ?
Hi guys, I'm using FindFirstFile() and FindNextFile() to scan for folders/files and I always get two items named "." and ".." What are those things ? Do they have special attributes I can use to filter them out of my result ? I'm probably better off using the shell namespace for this kind of work but the Win32 functions are nice and easy to implement. Thank you, R. .. is current dircetory ... is parent directory Yes they have special attributes they have the special names "." and ".." If you were using CFileFind you could use the metho...