quite confused about Crystal report version

Hi, there

We have a CRM 1.2 running in our company. We want to do some custumiztion on
the reports using Crystal Report. I just surf the Crystal Report website,
they got v9 and v10 sold online. And also got Advanced, Developer,
Professional Edition w/ user license or w/o user licene.

Can anybody tell me what Version and what Edition shall I need to meet my
requirement? Shall I buy the user license for every CRM user?

As I know we already got CR run-time license when purchasing the CRM system.

Thank you

0
Hiway
4/22/2004 9:37:58 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There are a couple of options available to you

Microsoft CRM v1.2 ships with a specially configured copy of Crystal Reports v9.0 but you will need to purchase the licenses from your usual sources to activate it

The other option is to purchase the Professional or Developer edition of Crystal Reports v9.0 and use the enhancement patch that is available on your CRM server CD to configure it for Microsoft CRM.  I believe this option will work for Crystal Reports v10 as well

For all options you only need to purchase licenses for those users responsible for customising reports as you would not want all users creating ad-hoc reports.
Thank you for your reply, Martin.

That means standard CRM1.2 don't ship with Crystal Report licenses, and
users cannot use the Crystal Report unless we got the license? If we got the
special license, can we do customization ourselves or have to buy Crystal
Report v9 or v10 and the users license in order to design our customized
report?

Haiwei

"Martin Gallagher" <martin.gallagher@pygmalion.com.nospam> д����Ϣ����
:B773FB77-B148-45D3-BDEE-00E69E798ACF@microsoft.com...
> There are a couple of options available to you.
>
> Microsoft CRM v1.2 ships with a specially configured copy of Crystal
Reports v9.0 but you will need to purchase the licenses from your usual
sources to activate it.

> The other option is to purchase the Professional or Developer edition of
Crystal Reports v9.0 and use the enhancement patch that is available on your
CRM server CD to configure it for Microsoft CRM.  I believe this option will
work for Crystal Reports v10 as well.

> For all options you only need to purchase licenses for those users
responsible for customising reports as you would not want all users creating
ad-hoc reports.

0
Hiway
4/23/2004 1:01:31 AM
CRM comes with licenses for the users to view reports.  If you want to modify
the reports or create your own, then you need to buy Crystal.  Also, you need
v9.2.2 specifically for this.

Matt Parks

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:01:31 +0800, "Hiway" <lhiway@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for your reply, Martin.

That means standard CRM1.2 don't ship with Crystal Report licenses, and
users cannot use the Crystal Report unless we got the license? If we got the
special license, can we do customization ourselves or have to buy Crystal
Report v9 or v10 and the users license in order to design our customized
report?

Haiwei

"Martin Gallagher" <martin.gallagher@pygmalion.com.nospam> д����Ϣ����
:B773FB77-B148-45D3-BDEE-00E69E798ACF@microsoft.com...
> There are a couple of options available to you.
>
> Microsoft CRM v1.2 ships with a specially configured copy of Crystal
Reports v9.0 but you will need to purchase the licenses from your usual
sources to activate it.

> The other option is to purchase the Professional or Developer edition of
Crystal Reports v9.0 and use the enhancement patch that is available on your
CRM server CD to configure it for Microsoft CRM.  I believe this option will
work for Crystal Reports v10 as well.

> For all options you only need to purchase licenses for those users
responsible for customising reports as you would not want all users creating
ad-hoc reports.

0
Matt
4/24/2004 5:41:27 AM
CRM comes with a 50 user license for viewing reports. Also note how the
license is used is pretty unique. The crystal license is only used for the
time the report is run then it is released. This means you would have to
have 50 people running reports at the same time to run out of licenses.
However if this is not enough you can request a 100 user license from MBS

"Hiway" <lhiway@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for your reply, Martin.
>
> That means standard CRM1.2 don't ship with Crystal Report licenses, and
> users cannot use the Crystal Report unless we got the license? If we got
the
> special license, can we do customization ourselves or have to buy Crystal
> Report v9 or v10 and the users license in order to design our customized
> report?
>
> Haiwei
>
> "Martin Gallagher" <martin.gallagher@pygmalion.com.nospam> д����Ϣ����
> :B773FB77-B148-45D3-BDEE-00E69E798ACF@microsoft.com...
> > There are a couple of options available to you.
> >
> > Microsoft CRM v1.2 ships with a specially configured copy of Crystal
> Reports v9.0 but you will need to purchase the licenses from your usual
> sources to activate it.
> >
> > The other option is to purchase the Professional or Developer edition of
> Crystal Reports v9.0 and use the enhancement patch that is available on
your
> CRM server CD to configure it for Microsoft CRM.  I believe this option
will
> work for Crystal Reports v10 as well.
> >
> > For all options you only need to purchase licenses for those users
> responsible for customising reports as you would not want all users
creating
> ad-hoc reports.

0
John

Getting rid of excel message after quiting excel
L.S., Via Oracle I save an excel-file to a text (txt) file. In the Oracle-code I want to automatically close Excel, but the message: 'test.txt is not in Microsoft97-format. Do you want to save your changes? bla bla bla.' Is there a way this message can be skipped? The same for the message 'test.txt already exists. Overwrite file?'. Hope anyone can help me! Wilco Morren Hi Wilco Application.DisplayAlerts = False is the standard way, assuming you are talking Excel VBA code. Hope it translates to "Oracle code" one way or another. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Exce...

Print Server reporting
hi All, i have two print servers, one is a windows 2000 server and one is windows server 2003. I've been requested to compile a list of printers and associated IP's. Does anyone know a simple way to retrieve this information other than to manually select each printer look at the info and type it into a spreadsheet? I've looked into the print server management pack but it appears to require mom2005 and i'm not even sure if it will report names and IP's. thanks in advance, Print Management Console in Vista and greater. It's also part of Server 2003...

Outlook 2003 confusing folders from multiple HTTP email accounts
Hello all, I recently moved from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. I have multiple HTTP (Hotmail) accounts that I migrated. Very often, Outlook 2003 confuses the folders from these accounts, such that I click on the inbox for account A and see the mail in the inbox in account B. When it does this, it seems to do it for all of the folders in common (so the junk email folder for account A also shows the junk email for account B). I noticed this some in Outlook Express, but Outlook 2003 does this all the time. Is there a remedy? Closing Outlook and re-opening it _sometimes_ fixes the problem. Th...

O98 continues to run after I Quit
Hi Guys, I do hope you can offer some help with a problem I'm having. When I close Outlook 98 down, if I look in the Task Manager it thinks it's still running and if I should then try and open O98 again (by double-clicking on an icon on my desktop), nothing happens (ie it wont restart). I've found the following article in the knowledge base: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;263530&Product=out98 This seems to fit the bill but it refers to a fix that can be obtained from Microsoft but I've had no joy in obtaining it (the contact system tells me...

Crystal over SSL
We have implemented CRM over the SSL for external web access a number of times and have always gotten reports to work -- until now. I just configured a client's CRM for external web access via SSL and Crystal is throwing up the licensing error. Have stopped and restarted services, etc. The only thing different about this scenario is the firewall is a Cisco. I had a Cisco guy look at it and he said it looks like it is properly configured. Anyone have any ideas? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com Matt can you clarify..is crystal only failing for one user or many? -- Jo...

Application.Quit / DoCmd.Quit Fails
Greetings: I was looking at the task manager and just noticed that Access isn't really closing when I exit my application. One copy of Access shows up in the processes list for each time I open and close the application. (It doesn't appear in the applications list.) I've read dozens of posts about the merits of DoCmd.Quit v. Application.Quit, closing recordsets and setting their variables = Nothing. No matter what I do, Access remains open in the background. Here are the significant parts of my code: Private Sub cmdQuit_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmMenuMain", ac...

Runtime Error 2950 Unable to Email .pdf Report
have created a quotes database in which i would like my end users that are all useing the 2007 runtime to be able to E-mail a report in .pdf format. The macro behind the button works fine on the developers station. but in the runtime environment I am getting an action failed: Error 2950. The send object isnt working. I get a message before the actual error code Stateing that the format in which i am attempting to output the current object is not available. I have done some digging and run into a few posts about changing the registry. But i didnt really want to have to do that to 40 plu...

How to get report to only show <85%
I have a report that is based on a query. This report takes the information I've entered and uses a calculation to total an employee's total efficiency for the job they perform. On this report I am only wanting to see people who have less than 85% efficiency. How would I get my report to perform this task? This is the formula in the control source for my Total Efficiency text box: =(([Quantity]*(Round([Hour Unit],3)))*7.5)/(([On Std Hours]+[Off Std Hours])* [Employee Data_Rate]) -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-re...

Quit before retirement
I have finished my migration from Exchange 2K SP3 (old) to a new box running Exch 2003 SP2 (new). I have completed all the steps according to KB307917. Everything was moved (mailboxes, public folders etc). I let the old Exchange server run for about a week. Then I stopped the FTP,NNTP,SMTP and WWW services on the old exchange server. I shut the old exchange server down. I tried to delete the old exchange server from Exchange System Manager which causes ESM to a nonresponding state. I read that Exchange needs to be uninstalled from the old exchange server, making it go away. My p...

Sales Territories and Pipeline Report
Hi there, I'm using CRM V3.0 and have a question regarding sales territories and the Sales Pipeline Reoprt. I have created all our sales territories and assigned our Accounts to the relevant territories. However, when I run the sales pipeline report and group by sales territories, it shows me the pipeline number - but not by territory. It is showing the territory in the sales report as 'unspecified'. I don't know what I have done wrong. I haven't assigned a manager or members to the various territories yet, but I can't imagine that is the reason. The opportu...

A/C Balances Report
Hi Account Balances report under 'What I have' shows only some of the financial institutions (Bank Names). They appear in each accounts details but do not appear on the report - some do and some don't. How is this corrected? Jessy In microsoft.public.money, Jessy Jules wrote: >Account Balances report under 'What I have' shows only >some of the financial institutions (Bank Names). They >appear in each accounts details but do not appear on the >report - some do and some don't. How is this corrected? Viewing the report, try Customize->Reset. ...

AUTOMATE my CUSTOM REPORTS
PLEASE someone tell me how to have a custom report automatically. AND I DONT WANT SOME EXPENSIVE ADD-ON RESALERS!!!!!!!!! "PLEASE someone tell me how to have a custom report automatically..." Do what? Automatically get pushed to all stores? Automatically be available to all So Manager apps on your network? Or. Automatically download from the Reports Library? Rob "David Parrish" <david.parrish@vino100-lakeway.com> wrote in message news:e4oJNRzWGHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > PLEASE someone tell me how to have a custom report automatically. AND I > D...

A report with many values
Hi, I cannot figure out is how to - Please Help -Thank you. I have 1 table 1 report and I want to write a query for that report but it's too long then MS Access 2K cannot run it! (I don't know why?) But it run in Access 2K3. How can I cut that query into 2 part or 3 part ? then join it for 1 report? MN There's only one practical way for us to know: Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "MN" wrote:...

Exporting Datatypes and Formats In Report Writer
Hi, In Great Plains Report writer I have chosen the Great Plains dictionary and modified DataType and a Format of GP's. Now I want to export it for using in other machine's.How is it possible? Thanks & Regards Santysels I don't believe that you can export Format or Datatype changes. The only things I would know to do or either share dictionaries, copy the dictionary with the changes to the client, or manually make the changes on each client. Please be aware that each option does have other ramifications to be aware of and may or may not work in your environment. &qu...

Modifying of PA PO Receiving Posting Journal Report
Hi, I want to modify this Project Purchase Receiving report I tried alot but I could not bcz this report is using temp tables and value fields as string1, string2.... in report body area and these string fields are displaying multiple lines. So how can i modify this repot in the below format as single line: Project# Cost Cat ID, Quantity, receipt date, Extend Price Your quick help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer ...

Crystal Reports installation problem
Hi all, I'd like to install Crystal Reports 9 Enhanced Edition, but when I launch the setup I obtain an error message saying that the 9.2.0 version is already installed, and that I have to uninstall it or upgrade it to 9.2.2 version. Problem : Crystal doesn't appear in the "add/remove programs" and I don't know how to upgrade this version. Did someone encounter the same problem ? Fabien Majurel Are you trying to install this on you CRM Server? If so, that is not a supported route. INstalling Crystal on the CRM server will break the reports in CRM. On Thu, 4 Mar...

Report Writer #2
I am a newbie and so please be nice. I am trying to write a new report for my boss using GP Report Writer. I am very well versed on all kinds of programming languages including vb and vba. And I do tend to take some courses on GP but for the mean time I want to try to wing it. Here is my dilemma. I don't get Report Writer. It is so limited it isn't funny. I don't get how I can gain access to the data. I would love to just write the sql and run...but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I have used crytal reports from its infancy and I used to use GP on a limite...

Customer Statement Crystal Report
Hi! Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Your question is very generic. If you could be a little more precise, then I might have what you need. Girish "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? > > Thanks > -- > Marisol Mortera I am trying to build a crystal report for customer statements as well. The Great Plains one is very difficult to work with. If you have an example of this report in crystal, please email it at staceyleelee@hotmail.com Stacey &quo...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchiving confusion
I've read a number of histories posted on this subject, but I'm still unclear as to why my archived emails disappear. I have AutoArchiving set to Run AutoArchive every day, Archive or delete old items, Show archive folder list, clean out items older than 3 months, and to Move old items to: c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst. The Show Hidden Files option is checked in Windows Explorer Folder options. The AutoArchive process performs as scheduled, but when I go to my archived folders they are empty. I've opened archive.p...

Excel Quit opening
For some reason when I go to ope a spreadsheet from an application or when an application asks if I want export to csv, it will launch Excel, but will not populate the spreadsheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Louis@mindiq.com ...

Experian credit report offer
I signed up for Credit Manager through MS Money Delux. Unfortunately, I was unable to log on with the user ID and password they provided, so I had my account cancelled so I could re-register. I am now unable to link to the sign up screen again (the link takes me to a 30 day free trial offer). I'm guessing it has something to do with my registry. Can anyone tell me how to link to the Experian credit report offer after signing up once before???? ...

DataSource wrong in all .xml reports
For some reason, the DataSource name in all my reports is wrong (or maybe I'm just ignorant?). Shouldn't the DataSource Name="Company_Name_MSCRM", ie the SQL database name? Additionall, why does "Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM" show up as the initial catalog? I found in VS, if i did a find/replace for all these DataSource Names, I could get the report to run properly in VS. Is this the fix for this - to find/replace the datasource name in all the reports? I've tried running a repair on CRM and publishing the reports to no avail <DataSources> <...

Report Filtering Criteria screen is missing
Hi, Anyone experiences the below scenario? When I accessed the User Summary report, the system proceeds to generate the report, bypassing the "Report Filtering Criteria" screen [where the Edit Filter resides]. How can I go about showing the "Report Filtering Criteria" screen first, rather than direct generating of the report? Is there any settings that I can configure to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance, Geraldine In which area are you running the report? If you run the User Summary report in the reports area, then you will be able to access the Report Filte...

Totals in reports
I thought this was easy! I have a report with a control called NbrAdults. I have created a calculated control in the page footer called adults whose record source is =Sum([NbrAdults]) as I want to count how many adults are coming to an event so I thought it was just a simple Sum function. The control NbrAdults holds values of 1,2,3 etc. However on my report I get #Error. What am I doing wrong, I'm sure I've done this many times before. Thanks Tony Sorry found the problem I'd put the totals in the page footer rather than the report footer Tony "Tony Williams" <...

Array Formula Confusion
Does anyone understand this array function? {=TABLE(,H2)} Here's what I do know: 1) It doesn't seem to refer to any named ranges. 2) It doesn't seem to be a user-defined function. HELP! Thanks, Jim Jim - It's a very special array function that can be entered only by using ribbon or menu commands. Before using it, you must set up and select a range on a worksheet. In Excel 2003 and earlier, choose Data > Table. In Excel 2007 and 2010, choose Data > (Data Tools) What-If Analysis > Data Table. For some examples of its use, see th...