Quick create 08-05-03

When you create a new activity from a user's home page, you have the option
to choose the recipient of this activity.  When you select the magnifying
glass to choose the recipient, the subsequent screen has a button to create
a "New" entity.  However, when you select this the "Quick Create" screen
which comes up does not have any fields to fill out to create the entity.
Is anyone else seeing this?  Is this functionality not available yet?

Thanks!

0
paulh
8/5/2003 1:52:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business
Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient
defined as a new account, contact or lead on the quick
create form).  Realize this is unlikely, but is it
possible that you do not have any Business Required or
Business Recommended fields defined for the record type
you are trying to create?

0
lindad
8/5/2003 2:17:55 PM
There is no "Quick Create" for Activity....

Frank
Workopia, Inc.
www.workopia.com

0
Frank
8/6/2003 6:23:17 AM
You hit the nail on the head.  We do not have any Business Required or
Business Recommended fields.  I did not realize these are what was shown in
the quick create screen.  Thanks a lot for your help!

"lindad" <lindad@icsadvantage.com> wrote in message
> It does work fine for me (I see all of my Business
> Required and Business Recommended adding a new recipient
> defined as a new account, contact or lead on the quick
> create form).  Realize this is unlikely, but is it
> possible that you do not have any Business Required or
> Business Recommended fields defined for the record type
> you are trying to create?

0
paulh

Can I use named range in data range box when creating pie chart?
I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges in the data range box to speed this up? Yes. Just type in the name. -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "BJackson" <BJackson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE9A0AD-C3BA-4242-B3BA-3CC3F0D87894@microsoft.com... >I have 75 pie charts to create today. Is there a way to use named ranges >in > the data range box to speed this up? Thank you! I was making it too difficult, thinking I needed to include the Sheet name along with the name range. ...

Assign Doc # When Creating SOP Returns
It would be nice to assign the document number when creating SOP returns rather than the system trying to assign the next number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.msp...

Create an identical Chart Worksheet in Excel 2003
Hi: I used the F11 key to create a chart, which inserts just a chart as a new worksheet and gives it a default name, such as chart 2. My question is, can I create an identical chart as a new worksheet. This wouldn't be a copy, rather, a duplicate that is pulling information from the same location in the entire workbook. The reason I want to do this is because I currently have data for 12 different series, and each series has 7 values. What I would like to do is keep the same chart, but reduce the number of values per series from 7 to just 4. The easiest way seems to me to be to create ...

How do I apply a template I created to an existing publication?
I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved in a publisher format. I do not want to have to recreate the publication in the new format, just change it! "Publication Options" "Apply Template" brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and want to use. Help! Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template". What version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to browse to the templates. They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hi...

Does anyone create sites without using tables for layout?
I know that a trend is to create websites that are pure css, and don't rely on tables for layout. Are asp.net devs taking that approach also? I checked a couple of major asp.net websites like newegg.com and they do seem to use tables for layout. Any info out there focused on table-less asp.net dev? Most of us try but I think our dirty little secret is most also cop out and start using tables here and there when their pages become increasingly complex. You'll note most of the "pure" CSS sites are often little more than what we call StackPanels in XAML using CS...

Watermarks 03-24-10
I have a 6 page document. I am trying to insert a watermark on page 4 only. I have gone through and created section breaks between pages. I have tried to unlink them from previous headers. When I insert the watermark it still shows up on all pages. I am using Word 07 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Word 2007 doesn't seem to know how to create a watermark that isn't in all sections. I consider this a bug, but apparently MS doesn't agree. :-( Because a watermark is just a WordArt or picture anchored in the header, you don't have to deal with the bra...

How to create an order with products using workflow
It appears that using Workflow we can create a new Order record, but there does not appear to be any way to add Products to that Order once it has been created. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi, This will require custom development. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Bevan Edwards" wrote: > It appears that using Workflow we can create a new Order record, but there > does not appear to be any way to add Prod...

Create unique list from duplicates
The solution for this is probably a quite simple array formula wit COUNTIF, but I cannot seem to get it exactly right. All I want to d is take a list with many duplicates and list each duplicate once, in separate list, without modifying the first list. For example: Column 1 1 2 8 5 9 8 5 4 8 would generate: Column 2 1 2 8 5 9 4 Thanks in advance, Stephani -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Stephanie, What you are looking for, I believe, is Data > Filter > Advanced Filter. Select "Copy to another location" then click the "Unique records only&qu...

Homepage Quick Links for Fixed Assetss Windows
Similar to other GP windows, the fixed assets windows should be allowed to be added to a user's homepage as a Quick Link. -- Haiden Turner Winged Disc Technologies, LLC Dallas, Texas ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Business...

how to create a clustered, 100% stacked combination chart
I want to create a chart with 2 100% stacked columns to compare % of 2 different years. Hi, Maybe you can use the information here but using 100% stacked columns. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Keri in Vermont wrote: > I want to create a chart with 2 100% stacked columns to compare % of 2 > different years. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

Creating custom fields in shema manager
Hey, I am pretty new to MS CRM and I am trying to add a field to the pricelist. I have been looking at the schema manager, but I am unable to add a field. When I right-click on on the attributes, I choose 'New', but 'Schema field' is greyed-out, so I can't click on that. Somebody knows what wrong or how I can fix that ? Something I forgot ? Any help would be appreciated. thx BB ...

How to I create a tax export that is eariler than last year.
For example itss 2009, when I try to create a tax export report (.txf) I'm only given options for 2008 or 2009 (partial). How do I create a tax export for 2007? In microsoft.public.money, bmwbiker wrote: >For example itss 2009, when I try to create a tax export report (.txf) I'm >only given options for 2008 or 2009 (partial). How do I create a tax export >for 2007? Try closing Money, and setting your computer clock back to a date in 2008. You may have to disconnect from the internet, but probably not. Start Money again, and generate your .txf file. ...

Macro Creating
I have tried and tried to create a MACRO in Excel that will will delete a row. I have read several other marcos but have been unable to translate them to what I want to do. Listed below a sample of the type data I am talking about. What I want to do is have the macro read the second number in the colum and everytime it read a 0 it deletes that whole line of information. This type table will have some blank row but I do not want to delete. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance. Ron D60801 0 0 0 0 0 D78555 0 0 0 0 0 E98103 0 0 0 0 0 N04456 0 0 0 0 0 N05482 3 60 0 0 0 N95862 0 0 0 0 0 N96248 3 ...

Creating a Distribution List in OUTLOOK 2007
Hello, Is there a way to create a DISTRIBUTION LIST in OUTLOOK 2007 that contains contacts with a specific feature WITHOUT adding members one by one? E.g., I need a distribution list of all contacts whose e-mail address is in a particular domain. The following sequence DOES NOT work: CONTACTS ---> ACTIONS ---> NEW DISTRIBUTION LIST ---> SELECT MEMBERS ----> SEARCH (MORE COLUMNS) When I entered the domain name in the search window, I got no results. Thus, OUTLOOK did not search the entries of the e-mail addresses. Thank you for your help. ATK "...

how can I save a publisher created logo in picture format?
I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've created a logo in MS Publisher. How can I save the logo in > picture format so that it can be inserted into other programs? What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > GEL <GEL@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > > I've created a logo in MS Publ...

i need to create a chart from data from one workbook in another wo
hi new to excell so please be kind. i need to create a series of charts from different sets of data in one workbook, and have the charts show in another seperate workbook, and update automaticly when the data changes in the first workbook. i know how to create charts, its just that i can't get it linking from one workbook to another please help Mark Hi, An easy approach would be: Make the charts in the workbook containing the data. Cut and paste those charts into a new workbook. The charts are still linked to the original workbook. If you make changes in the data, the charts...

Create value list from a range of values
I've got a range of cells containing state abbrev. that I want to lis in another range excluding all duplicated states abbrev's. Is there a way to list the non-duplicated values automatically with function? I've tried using the excel Data Filter menu but it seems that needs t be performed manually. I need a function that automatically calculate when there is a change or addition to my list of states. Thanks for your help.. -- mallets12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

How to create a Pivot table from text file with more than 65000 rows?
Is there a way to create a pivot tabel where the source data is a tex file with more than 65000 rows of data? Normnally I just import th text file to excel and then create a pivot, but in this case I have to many rows but don't want to lose data. I guess I can use the create pivot tabel from external data sourc function but could somone take me through the steps to do this from large text file - if this is possible! Many Thanks -- morchar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- morchard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Combine Data from 2 spreadsheets to create a single Pivot Table
Hello From Steved I have 2 spreadsheets one is Called Auckland and the 2nd is Called Wellington. My Objective please is to use the data from 2 spreadsheets to create a single Pivot Table. Yes this is one workbook with 2 spreadsheets. is this possible. Thankyou. A person named Fazza shows how on Mr Excel: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1550658&postcount=3 I thought this was really cool, and now I'm incorporating it into a couple projects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://Peltier...

Fields 08-23-07
I am not much of a computer wiz / "language challenged". But I would say the answer to your question is "YES". I'd go into the property table of the specific field I was trying to expand, and type into the list of descriptions the new options, e.g. "science fiction". Then when I'd go into my form view of the dbase, when I came to that field, e.g. 'type of movie', I could open the "pull down" menu and click on "science fiction". I can't figure out how to do this with Vista. Does this help? "Tom Wickerath"...

how to create subfolderunder existin folder?
how to create subfolderunder existin folder? "bw" <bw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A92D8FC9-3CF7-4B38-B1B4-496DA91E710D@microsoft.com... > how to create subfolderunder existin folder? Right-click on the folder, and add one under there. -- __________________________________________________ Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others. For e-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#VN" to Subject. __________________________________________________ ...

Problem creating mailboxes
Any help you can provide with the following Microsoft Exchange issue is greatly appreciated: We are running Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Service Pack 1 with Microsoft Exchange 2003 with service pack 2. Our problem is occurring when we add Exchange Attributes and a mailbox to an existing user or to a new user. Please note that this problem only just started occurring. Let me explain the issue in more detail. When we create a new domain user directly on the Exchange Server we are prompted to create an Exchange mailbox as part of the wizard. We choose to do so, and finalise the wizard p...

Permissions to create mailbox ONLY
In the long list of permission properties in Active Directory I can't figure out which property I should enable so that a certain user can create mailboxes for AD users. I suspect either the permission "create exchange objects" or "create msExchContainer objects" might be the correct ones to set but I'm not sure. Is there a reference on technet that describes all of the AD permissions? ...

Repository. Please, need help. I created an example project.
Hello, I am trying to create a Repository pattern with Unit Of Work using a Linq To SQL model. I read everything I could find and tried many options but I am never able to quite make it work correctly. Basically, the use of my Repositories Unit Of Work fire an error on the Linq code in the repositories: "Cannot add an entity with a key that is already in use." Sometimes I am able to solve this problem then my Repositories fail to work as an Unit Of Work. I created a Console Project that includes: 1. SQL code to create a sample database; 2. The Linq To SQL entiti...